Sheet music "The Office" for piano

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
A while ago I made this sheet of the office theme in the Sam and Max series.
I don't know, but maybe some of you guys are interested in this.

(new version, page 1)

samandmaxoffice0002.png

Download here (ZIP-file with PDF and MP3)

New updated version (2010):
http://avgms.webs.com/samandmaxseasonone.htm
-

Comments

• edited December 2008
    I there any trumpet music ANYWHERE?
  • edited December 2008
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Now if only I could play the piano... Or make it into a midi ringtone...
  • edited December 2008
    It would still make a nice Mario Paint project
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    I there any trumpet music ANYWHERE?

If you are really interested in seeing this song for trumpet I could easily transpose it with my music program. I just need to know what kind of trumpet you have: for instance in B♭ .
  • edited December 2008
    Hamkaas wrote: »
    If you are really interested in seeing this song for trumpet I could easily transpose it with my music program. I just need to know what kind of trumpet you have: for instance in B♭ .

I'd love it if you transposed this to B-flat Trumpet. :)
  • edited December 2008
    I love video game sheet music! Thank you!
  • edited December 2008
    dg10050 wrote: »
    i'd love it if you transposed this to b-flat trumpet. :)

All right, here it is. I hope you can use it.
    This is the first time I wrote something down for trumpet, so I'm not sure everything is right or playable. (I don't play trumpet myself)
    -
  • edited December 2008
    This is the first time I wrote something down for trumpet, so I'm not sure everything is right or playable. (I don't play trumpet myself)
    -

The range and rhythm is playable. I'll let you know when I get a chance to actually play it.
  • edited December 2008
    -

I cant open it.
  • edited December 2008
    Can't you open the pdf-file or the zip-file? Wierd... I don't have any problem with it.
  • edited December 2008
    Can't you open the pdf-file or the zip-file? Wierd... I don't have any problem with it.

no, it sais the file was broken in the transmitting or something.

can you post it again?
  • edited December 2008
    I made a new zip-file. I hope it works...
  • edited December 2008
    I made a new zip-file. I hope it works...

Still didn't work, could you please make it a pdf-file?
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    Still didn't work, could you please make it a pdf-file?

At first I tried to avoid that because the pdf is too big the upload on this forum, but this will work

Dowload link PDF
  • edited December 2008
    At first I tried to avoid that because the pdf is too big the upload on this forum, but this will work

Dowload link PDF

Thank you, it worked!!!:):)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Whoa how'd I miss this back in December? This is pretty awesome.

Special thanks to some horrible ad bot offering trumpet lessons, which posted in this thread earlier, causing me to see it.
  • edited February 2009
    That'S awesome. Too bad i sold my piano :( lol
  • edited February 2009
    This is awesome!
    Although I've never taken piano lessons, I have taken violin lessons, and I can read that music. Are they read basically the same way?
  • edited February 2009
    The top line uses treble clef, which violin music uses, but the bottom line is in bass clef, used for lower instruments like cello. This is how all piano music is set out.
  • edited February 2009
    Oh, nice. I'm not that good at piano playing but you can bet your ass I'm going to learn this tune. :D

How about some other sheet music too, perhaps?
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Now if only I could play the piano... Or make it into a midi ringtone...
    MIDI ringtone? Just rip a nice part off the original for use as the ringtone...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Did somebody say... MIDI ringtone?
  • edited February 2009
    DaVince wrote: »
    Oh, nice. I'm not that good at piano playing but you can bet your ass I'm going to learn this tune. :D

How about some other sheet music too, perhaps?

I'm glad that you all like this sheet music stuff. I don't always have time for it, because writing music down for piano can be a lot of work. I do still have some unfinished sheets on my computer, so maybe I'll put here some more soon. The street song is high on my list of songs, but the beginning is too difficult.
    Jake wrote: »

(Somehow that soulcrushing song always brings a smile on my face, even the midifile)
  • edited February 2009
    DaVince wrote: »

My phone plays only polyphonic ringtones. I don't have a hip and cool mp3/real-music phone. ^^; Plus, I kinda have a soft spot for midis. It gives music a classic gaming feel.
    Jake wrote: »

I haven't heard the Oval Office one before. Thanks! *runs off to download it onto my phone*
  • edited February 2009
    Do you need a certain kind of phone to download a ringtone to? I can connect my phone to my computer, but I don't know how to download a ringtone. A little help?
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2009
    I don't know the specifics about your kind of phone (or OS) but transferring the file (ringtone) involves copying the file to the phone (appears as a disk on your OS).
    The target folder is named "sounds" or "ringtones". Navigate the disk and find the correct folder and copy the file over there.
    After that, disconnect the phone and then change the ringtone on your phone.
  • edited February 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Do you need a certain kind of phone to download a ringtone to? I can connect my phone to my computer, but I don't know how to download a ringtone. A little help?

Well, I do it the hard (, time consuming, and expensive) way. I upload the file to my server, open up my cell phone's web browser, type in the exact web address where the file is, and then download it.

But if your cell could be connected to your computer (which mine can't), I would guess it would show up as an external device when you plug it in. Maybe you can drag and drop the midi (after downloading it to your computer first) onto your cell phone's drive (look for it under 'My Computer' in Windows XP or 'Computer' in Windows Vista).
  • edited March 2009
    If your PC has Bluetooth you can even send it the files that way, though I have no idea how. I use a cable, but you could, as mentioned above, open your phone browser and browse to http://www.telltalegames.com/images/oofice.mid etcetera to get it.
  • edited August 2009
    Wow thank you so much! I had my piano lesson today, and my teacher said I need to get some new music (she's one of the nicest people in the world, too! :D), and this is PERFECT!!
  • edited August 2009
    Awesome, download worked great,

I'll be playing this as soon as I recall where I placed that rather large piece of wood some people call a piano ;)
  • edited August 2009
    A while ago I made this sheet of the office theme in the Sam and Max series.
    I don't know, but maybe some of you guys are interested in this.

(image of page 1)

theoffice0001tj4.png

Download here (ZIP-file with PDF and MP3)
    -

I wish you could make this all bass cleft. All I can read is the bass cleft for the bass recorder.
  • edited August 2009
    thatdude98 wrote: »
    I wish you could make this all bass cleft. All I can read is the bass cleft for the bass recorder.

Why not transpose it? (or get a friend who knows how to read treble clef do it for you).

The lines in the treble clef are EGBDF ("Every Good Boy Deserves Fruit" is the mnemonic I was taught) and the spaces are FACE.

Can't remember the mnemonic for bass clef, but I've not had to read music for quite some time... stopped playing instruments about 10 years ago :)
  • edited August 2009
    The spaces for bass are All Cows Eat Grass, I think. I can read bass clef for bass recorder, but I related it to treble clef. Which probably wasn't a good idea, because now it takes me a while to switch between the four main recorder sizes.

Anyway, the notes on the treble clef are two positions above the notes on the bass clef. Except a couple of octaves higher. So it's not hard to transpose.

But I'm looking at the office music, and not only am I seeing a high f sharp, which is very very difficult to play on a bass recorder, but it seems to span almost three octaves, and recorders can barely do two and a half, as far as I know. And I've never really tried to play the highest notes, but I think they sound horrible on a bass.

I think it would work if it was arranged on multiple recorders of different sizes, but not just one.

Or I could be totally wrong. It's been a few years.
  • edited August 2009
    It's actually pretty easy to know the lines, the note they are named after is the one the symbol rests on, so for instance in the G-clef the G symbol telling you it's that clef rests on the second line telling you that the clef is based of a G :) Don't ask me which G it is atm though (my guess is G1?) as it was a long time ago now I dropped out of majoring in music to switch to computers ;)

So just google which G it starts on and then do the same for the F-clef and it should be no biggie to read it for you :)
  • edited August 2009
    That's only really useful if you call them the G clef and the F clef. I learned to play music for ten years - I wanted to do music theory, but first the music teacher only taught history and hackey sack, and then my marks started slipping forcing me to focus on the classes I needed to do, so it never really happened - and I don't think I ever heard them called that, except for maybe when I was learning to draw them.

Actually, I didn't know that moving the clefs up and down changes the notation, that's really interesting.

G clefs are on G1, yes. The bass recorder plays an octave high than it's written, though.
  • edited August 2009
    Hey, can you translate this song to Claranet please?
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Hey, can you translate this song to Claranet please?
    You mean THIS? :p
  • edited April 2010
    I know that this is a really old topic, but I made a new 2010 update for the sheet music of "the office" song. I made a few changes and added chord symbols so that it's way easier to read. You can find the download link in the first post. Hope you like it.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks for posting on this topic, or else I'd have never found it. Really cool. I can't believe how many people here play trumpet as well!
  • edited April 2010
    Can you transpose this for Eb Alto Saxophone?
  • edited April 2010
    Heh, friend's gonna play it. Thanks guys!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.