Telltale's consumer based "Hint's and Tips"

edited January 2005 in General Chat
Since Telltale is cool, and LucAssfarts isnt, I feel there is a heck of a chance you could see a game made that you actually want! Personally, I'm tired of swinging the ol' digital lightsaber around. You know what I mean?

Come to think of it, what do YOU want to see from Telltale?

Personally, Ren and Stimpy are two excellent characters for an adventure. I think. No? Eh.

Comments

• edited October 2004
    SAN AND MAC, FREEWILLED POLISH GUYS
  • edited October 2004
    :)) you have no idea how hard that made me luagh,

15 cool point for you and your family.
  • edited October 2004
    the only great game from lukas farts is Kotor
  • edited October 2004
    Nah, come on. Did you forget all the good old stuff they made like MI or GF? Well, in my opinion LucasArts was great. Ok, at the moment the company seems to realign a bit, but who cares? There is Telltale now, because they will prove us to know better how to develop great games.

Btw, in my opinion one of the best games on earth are still the Broken Sword series. They never get old.
  • edited October 2004
    Nah, come on. Did you forget all the good old stuff they made like MI or GF? Well, in my opinion LucasArts was great. Ok, at the moment the company seems to realign a bit, but who cares? There is Telltale now, because they will prove us to know better how to develop great games.

Btw, in my opinion one of the best games on earth are still the Broken Sword series. They never get old.

kotor is the LAST great game
  • edited October 2004
    All I want to see is a real cool and funny Adventure Game, and I guess this is what we are going to get...sometime.

This whole Star wars crap is making me sick and tired. I can't believe that you can still make money with it...who wants this???? [>:)]
  • edited October 2004
    Star Wars Geeks,and thats not me
    B-)
  • edited October 2004

I believe you mean from Bioware. I doubt LucasArts did much more that fund it.
  • edited October 2004
    Some of the IPs I'd most like to see turned into Adventure games:

1) Bone
    2) So You Want to be a Wizard (fantasy novel by Diane Duane)
    3) Uncle Scrooge (the comic book stories by Carl Barks and Don Rosa) -- These stories are mostly about "quests" in the form of treasure hunts, and about overcoming obstacles and challenges that are very much like traditional Adventure game puzzles. They'd be perfect.
    4) Classic Star Trek -- it's been done before by Interplay, and done very well, but not since 1993. I want to see more!
  • edited October 2004
    I think they should make the third discworld game.
  • edited October 2004
    Adventure games need to be funny, and witty- both at once. With just the right amount of action (not too much- we don't want to forget what genre we're playing in), heh.

Sounds easy, eh?! ;)
  • edited October 2004
    There are two adventure games I would like to se you guys make other than S&M2:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

&

The Adventure of Sienfeld and Superman (based on those Mastercard commercials)
  • edited October 2004
    All I want to see is a real cool and funny Adventure Game, and I guess this is what we are going to get...sometime.

This whole Star wars crap is making me sick and tired. I can't believe that you can still make money with it...who wants this???? [>:)]
  • edited October 2004
    You're not being entirely fair to LucasArts. Sure they cancelled two games which could have re-established adventure games in the mainstream (Admittedly, one of them wasn't looking particularly good, but still...) and for that they should all burn in the fire of a thousand suns.

But they have released a few games over the last few years which were good, some very good, technically they were all Star Wars, but in many ways, it is a very flexible license, with a rich universe to it and a lovingly chronicled history. (Before anyone says it, no, I'm not a Star Wars geek, I've only seen the original films once, not even in the right order, and I quite liked the new ones) KoToR has already been mentioned, Jedi Academy I enjoyed, Battlefront is a good, if flawed game that tries to capture the essence that made Battlefield so enjoyable. Galaxies was a good first attempt into an MMORPG, again flawed, but still enjoyable, and a lot better now than it was.

Anyway, a little off topic there, sorry about that.

A discworld game would be excellent, anyone remember Noir? Good game, even if I had to turn the gamma right up to see anything.
  • edited November 2004
    I think they should make the third discworld game.

You mean the 4th discworld game, or possibly fifth if you include non-graphic games.

The 1st was a text adventure, the second was Discworld 1 (Rincewind and the dragon). the third was Discworld 2: Missing Presumed (Rincewind, death goes missing. stars in a holy-wood clicky). and the fourth and newest is Discworld Noir (New character, Lewton, Detective. Dark humour. Written by pratchett. Set in ankh-morpork. Another thing from the dungeon dimensions breaks into the city because of a mysterious brotherhood (Who are even more secret then usual).
    So another discworld game would be the fifth (or fourth graphical).

I think the publishing company that were distrubuting Discworld Noir went bust before the game reached America though, so not everyone will have heard of it. Although it seems a budget publisher has released it, as I saw it in the shops on budget label about a month ago.
    And yes, I am a big discworld fan, having all the books, several signed, and about 1/4 first editions.

EDIT:
    I just thought, A doctor who game would be excellent, and with the new series coming out next year (after a 15 year break), it would be the prefect time to develop a game! The Doctor is the perfect character for appearing in an adventure game, as he relies more on intelligence then brute force. He also has human companions (The Doctor is a Time-Lord from the planet of gallifrey) that could be used in a similar way to ratpouch from lure of the temptress. The Doctor can also travel through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and relative dimensions in space). He faces numerous enemies, the most famous of which are the Daleks and Cybermen. He also regenerates into a new form when he sustains heavy injury, currently he is on his 9th incarnation (played by christopher eccleston). Although I think the best for an adventure game would be Tom Baker (4th Doctor). (And yes, I am also a big doctor who fan, going so far as to build a life-size replica dalek!)
  • edited November 2004
    I'm hoping that The Blades of Stenchtar is going to be a real game. That blog made me laugh so much. An adventure game making fun of traditional RPGs would be great.
  • edited November 2004
    I just thought, A doctor who game would be excellent, and with the new series coming out next year (after a 15 year break), it would be the prefect time to develop a game!

Funny. 'Dr Who' was one of the possible games I mentioned in one of the early telltale blog comments . :D

Still, it probably has limited appeal to the americans, so mightn't be the best marketing move.
  • edited November 2004
    I would love to see a game based on the second Dirk Gently book. It simply reads like an adventure game. If I wern't so lazy, I'd get on AGS and make one myself.
  • edited November 2004
    do it yourself
  • edited November 2004
    Still, it probably has limited appeal to the americans, so mightn't be the best marketing move.

it may have limited appeal now, but when the new series is released in America... When it was still being made, the Americans liked it as much as anybody, even going so far as to make two films! (Only copies of the first two dalek serials, but...)
  • edited November 2004
    You're not being entirely fair to LucasArts. Sure they cancelled two games which could have re-established adventure games in the mainstream (Admittedly, one of them wasn't looking particularly good, but still...) and for that they should all burn in the fire of a thousand suns.

But they have released a few games over the last few years which were good, some very good, technically they were all Star Wars, but in many ways, it is a very flexible license, with a rich universe to it and a lovingly chronicled history. (Before anyone says it, no, I'm not a Star Wars geek, I've only seen the original films once, not even in the right order, and I quite liked the new ones) KoToR has already been mentioned, Jedi Academy I enjoyed, Battlefront is a good, if flawed game that tries to capture the essence that made Battlefield so enjoyable. Galaxies was a good first attempt into an MMORPG, again flawed, but still enjoyable, and a lot better now than it was.

Anyway, a little off topic there, sorry about that.

A discworld game would be excellent, anyone remember Noir? Good game, even if I had to turn the gamma right up to see anything.

Pfft at LA- we're being fair- they aren't. Since when did a gaming company decide they know what the world wants in games, when in reality they are trying to TELL us we want 50 different Star Wars games - I mean honestly- HOW many have been made now?

Sif it's hard to allocate a little bit of funding to the MI project or the S&M project.....bah at them! Go TT!
  • edited November 2004
    It would be really awsome if Telltale bought the rights to Infocom and rereleased all the old games. It's harder to find a Masterpeices of Infocom CD than it is to find a copy of Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway.
  • edited November 2004
    Some of the IPs I'd most like to see turned into Adventure games:
    3) Uncle Scrooge (the comic book stories by Carl Barks and Don Rosa) -- These stories are mostly about "quests" in the form of treasure hunts, and about overcoming obstacles and challenges that are very much like traditional Adventure game puzzles. They'd be perfect.
    Indeed! Uncle Scrooge would be perfect, and could offer some Maniac Mansion-like features (switching between Scrooge, Donald and Huey/Dewey/Louie could make for some really advanced and interesting puzzled á la Gobliiins or DOTT). Or even the more modern-day "Duck Tales" TV series is quite possible to turn into a point-n-click adventure.
  • edited November 2004
    Duck tales i funny B-)
  • edited November 2004
    Would you really want our lovely independant Telltale Games to make a pact with Disneycorp ?

:((
  • edited November 2004
    I would love to see games again that are similar to...
    Monkey Island
    Indiana Jones
    Sam & Max
    Space Quest
    Rise of the Dragon
    Kings Quest
    Quest for Glory series
    Maniac Mansion
    Zak
    The LSLs... Except the newest ones.. that was terrible..

And some of the newer..
    Anachronox
    The Kyrandia series
    The Longest Journey

I could go on and on.. but those are some of my retail favs...
  • edited November 2004
    maybe they will complete Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix
    (canceled/unreleased)
  • edited November 2004
    maybe they will complete Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix
    (canceled/unreleased)

Umm. That would involve a publishing deal with LucasArts. And from what I gather, LucasArts aren't particularly enamoured with the adventure genre at this time.
  • edited November 2004
    Wouldn't they have scrapped all the old work, anyway the latest Indy games are very far from the adventure genre, it would just confuse everyone.
  • edited November 2004
    that Indy and the ... was canceled
    and it was a point 'n click game
  • edited December 2004
    let see... basically all the LA adventure games I have loved. Something along the lines of MI 1/2. (the ones after that were ok but something was missing) Grim was really kick ass liked it very much. Loom.. ah yes Loom some of the younger games may not remember it but it was fun and an interesting idea. The dig.. well I honestly got to say don't make anymore games like the dig... it was just too.... heartless. DOTT again another amazing game and I'm surprised more games didn't come out. Sam and max of course was another one on the list as well as full throttle (too bad they both got canned). I think the big thing is that it has to be funny. I think some strongbad type humor would be do very well in an adventure game. Oh hey I just remembered shadowgate was a pretty fun game back in the nes days and Hugos house of horrors an adventure game kind of like the 7th guest ( which was more a puzzle game) would be good. 7th guest had some interesting puzzles but could have been designed way better. I saw somone mentioned goblins already which I have to agree was pretty fun. Well... I think I've rambled on long enough now so.... I guess this is the end of this post... I think...
  • edited December 2004
    dont fuq with the dig! :D

was a great game
  • edited December 2004
    oh not to say that the game was bad or anything. I think it lacked in some cases vs other LA games. oh hey I just remembered zac mccracken and the alien mindbenders. that was another good one
  • edited December 2004
    it was more serious
  • edited December 2004
    The Dig was a good, solid game, IMO... but of course you can't compare it to masterpieces like DOTT or Zak...
  • edited December 2004
    The Dig was a good, solid game, IMO... but of course you can't compare it to masterpieces like DOTT or Zak...

or like MI
  • edited December 2004
    playing bloodlines got me thinking. How about an adventure game using the source engine. I think that could be really cool.
  • edited December 2004
    I'm hoping that The Blades of Stenchtar is going to be a real game. That blog made me laugh so much. An adventure game making fun of traditional RPGs would be great.
    Try playing The Bard's Tale on console. It's a comedy RPG that makes fun of the genre.
    The PC version will be out soon, too.

I just hope to God that if they make Monkey Island 5: A Mighty Pirate's Tale, and if they do they'd better hire Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and Steve Purcell, beat the crap out of the Escape From Monkey Island team with a rubber chicken for ten minutes and tell all of the voice actors why the acting in COMI was better than that in EFMI (while they're being subjected to water torture, of course).
  • edited December 2004
    Dude, watch what you say around here. Big Brother is watching.
  • edited December 2004
    Telltale is made up of some EMI team members. Also, to want to beat the crap out of the EMI team is an insult to god-like designers Mike Stemmle and Sean Cark and is likely to piss anyone who cares about classic adventure games off.

And besides, EMI was a great game. :D
This discussion has been closed.