has telltale ever explained why the xbox 360 version and ps3 version were so laggy?

the xbox 360 and ps3 are strong consoles and are easily able to run a game like the walking dead, but for some reason the game is very laggy, so laggy its made me die a few times during quick time events, and i was suprised to see that season 2 is still laggy on xbox360 that was thing i was hoping for in this new season.

Comments

• My theory

Telltale mostly made their past games for the PC, so their engine, The Telltale Tool was built for the PC. So.. ya know coming to a new platform could be difficult idk.

• Maybe they'll get better for PS4 and XboxOne

• That's kinda weird because I play on a ps3 and I have never experience lag issues theough out the game :p

• Ugh, I have it on the 360 and it was nothing, but lag and glitches the entire way through the game. Especially bad when kicking the crap out of Andy St. John, but it got way better at the end of episode 5 thank goodness. I can only hope that they do a complete make over for the newer gen systems.

ayylmao posted: »

That's kinda weird because I play on a ps3 and I have never experience lag issues theough out the game

• edited June 2014

[removed]

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

I didn't experience any lag on the Xbox 360 personally, but I remember someone from Telltale staff saying that if you had the disc version and no hard drive, you'd experience lag, but the lag issues would be resolved if you installed a hard drive in your system. Perhaps that was the issue with your machine (or another possibility I've seen is that some older Xbox 360 machines have problems with some games, apparently due to the heating issues with these systems).

DoubleJump posted: »

Ugh, I have it on the 360 and it was nothing, but lag and glitches the entire way through the game. Especially bad when kicking the crap out

• I haven't either on PS3. A bit of stuttering with Season 1 but nothing with Season 2 so far.

ayylmao posted: »

That's kinda weird because I play on a ps3 and I have never experience lag issues theough out the game

• Well I downloaded the game, no disc version, but I think I have an older version system running it so that could be it. I've never had a problem with any other video game on it before though just TWD and TWUA. That still did not stop me from enjoying these games, but if it is my system I guess I can easily solve the problem with a hammer...or mess around with the settings.

• That's not true since it's not laggy on iOS devices

javoris767 posted: »

My theory Telltale mostly made their past games for the PC, so their engine, The Telltale Tool was built for the PC. So.. ya know coming to a new platform could be difficult idk.

• [removed]

• It's laggy on my iPad, and I'm not talking about some outdated iPad, I'm talking about a 3rd generation iPad

USMC1786 posted: »

That's not true since it's not laggy on iOS devices

• Well it's not laggy on my iPhone 5s

It's laggy on my iPad, and I'm not talking about some outdated iPad, I'm talking about a 3rd generation iPad

• I have the game on the 360 and I had the same problems that you had during my first play through, but that was before I bought a hard drive. Now the game runs perfectly. I would say that if you don't have a hard drive, that is probably why the game runs so badly.

• edited June 2014

Because resolution and textures aren't as same as the xbox 360 and ps3. They downgrade the graphics a little so that it won't lag.

That's not true since it's not laggy on iOS devices

• Same. I've got a iPhone 5s and have had no problems with either season.

Well it's not laggy on my iPhone 5s

• I've got it on PS3 and have had a few issues, but, nothing major.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.