The Walking Dead: Humane (REBOOTING)

Comments

• [Yeah, they seem trustworthy.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 7/12 (!) You chose to only take Lee. "Come on Lee, let's go." Matthew said, as

• [Yeah, they seem trustworthy.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down The Rabbit Hole 7/12 (!) You chose to only take Lee. "Come on Lee, let's go." Matthew said, as

• edited July 2014

[Yeah, they seem trustworthy.]

• Episode 1: A New Day

Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 8/12

(!) You deemed them trustworthy.

"Yeah, they seem trustworthy." Matthew said as he lowered his gun, and Lee nodded, putting his knife to his side. "Thank you so much. What are you guys doing here anyways? Oh, y'now what, excuse me. I'm sorry for the informality. I'm Bonnie. This is Duane." The redhead woman said, apparently Bonnie. "I'm Matthew, this is Lee. We have a few more in the barn. To answer your first question, we first stopped here because it looked like a good place to spend the night. We were wrong. Me, Lee, and another guy were inside that house when that one guy pulled up. One of my group got their legs stuck in...in a bear trap out there. We distracted the crazy guy away from her and killed him, but our friend got shot in the leg. We came back to the house to get bandages for the bear trap one."

"Damn." Duane said, shaking his head. "You all seem like good people. Mind if we join you?" Bonnie said. "Yeah, you guys can tag along." Matthew replied, and Bonnie and Duane beamed. "You guys are lifesavers." Duane said, but was soon interrupted by the yelling of a man. "Hey! I heard a new voice over there! Who are you two pussies talking to!?"

Bonnie looked around, and then rushed Lee and Matthew inside. "Hide." She whispered to them, and they did so. The two crouched behind the couch where an open window was, above the couch. Apparently the man has opened the window. Lee and Matthew listened in on the conversation.

"Who we're y'all two talking to?" The man said, and Lee peeked over to him slightly, then rushed back down. "He's got our shotgun." Lee whispered. Shit. "Just each other, Lloyd." Bonnie replied.

"Oh no no no. I heard someone else. It wasn't you two."

"We promise you Lloyd, we were only talking to each other. Nobody else." Duane soon added to the conversation. "Duane, just shut the fuck up. Was I fucking talking to you?"

"....No."

Duane stepped inside the house, closing the door behind him. He looked at Lee and Matthew, and stepped over. "What's the plan?" He whispered, hoping they heard him over Lloyd's yelling. "I'll stay here and watch out for Lloyd, you two go and find the bandages." Matthew filled him in, and the two set off. Matthew then turned to the window, once more listening to Lloyd's ramblings. "Are you saying I'm a fucking liar!?"

"No, really Lloyd, I'm not. I'm just telling you that I wasn't talking to anyone except Duane."

"Well, one of us is fucking lying, and either way, you deserve this."

"No, wait! Please!"

A hard slap was hear, followed by a body hitting the wooden floor. Another loud noise of fist against face was heard,and then another final one. "Let that be a lesson, bitch. As long as I protect you and your friend, you do not fucking lie to me, and you most certainly do not call me a liar. I'm going to patrol the area again for those fucking murderers. You look for them too."

Matthew waited until he was sure Lloyd was gone, then slowly creaked open the door. He looked outside, now seeing Bonnie sitting up right, and wiping her nose. "Bonnie, I-I'm sorry." Matthew sai, putting a hand on her shoulder. "N-no. It's fine. He just made my nose leed a little bit. Wast your fault anyways. It was his." Matthew took his hand off of her shoulder, then helped her stand up again. Her nose was bleeding, leaking slightly into her mouth. "M-me and Duane. We worked together, you know? We didn't really know each other all that well, I just know we works din the same Wal-Mart. He was a few levels over me, and might as well have been my boss. I'm surprised him or my actual boss hadn't fired me. They knew what I was. A junkie. I-I got kicks off of crack. Then, I went clean for a bit. Stopped. Then this whole fucking apocalypse happens, and I got stuck with Duane. He's been very nice so far. I just wish I hadn't convinced him to join me with that monster, Lloyd and his father." Bonnie sighed, and Matthew slatted her on the back. "It's okay. You're gonna be okay."

Duane and Lee then walked back outside, turning and frowning at Bonnie's nosebleed. "W-what happened?" Lee asked.

"Lloyd hit me." Bonnie soon replied.

"Damn fucker. I'm so sorry Bonnie. Here, let me help you out." Duane tore a small piece of bandage off of the roll, and offered it to Bonnie. She took it, then stuffed it into her nostril. The four headed out towards the barn. Lee suddenly looked out towards the fence, and raised an eyebröw. "Are those those things? There's quite a few figures out there." The group looked over to the silhouettes. "Damn. The gunshots must have attracted them.". Duane soon said. "We need to hurry."

The four walked in on Emily and Katjaa having a conversation. "You really should get some winter clothes. What if you freeze?" Katjaa was nagging on Emily, but still smiling while it happened. "Nah, I'm fine. Trust me. I'm quite warm-blooded." She replied, smiling, her head then turning quickly at the group returning. "Hi, Emily, Katjaa. This is Bonnie and Duane." Lee said, and Emily waved at the two. "They helped us out with the craz guy. They're coming with us." Matthew then said, and Emily walked up to Bonnie. "I'm sorry if this sounds stupid or something, but what happened to your nose?"

"Oh, it's nothing. Just a scratch."

"Heh. I think I like you already Bonnie."

For the first time since Bonnie had been punched, she smiled. These were people who accepted her. Didn't throw he rout because she was a junkie, didn't treat her like some sort of special case. She was just like the rest of them. Bonnie and Emily walked off conversing, and Katjaa walked up to the rest of the guys who went on the trip. "Thank you guys for getting our bandages, you saved a teenage girl's life today." She walked off, and the three were left to conversing.

Just a few minutes later, Katjaa was back, with Katjaa and Sandra limping behind. The kids came out too, and the group all bundled together. "Let's get the hell out of here." Kenny said, and the group headed out, Matthew still holding the pistol. He looked around, eyeing the truck and the van. Decisions, decisions.

[Go for the van first.] or [Go for the truck first.]

• [Go for the van first.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 8/12 (!) You deemed them trustworthy. "Yeah, they seem trustworthy." Matthew s

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 8/12 (!) You deemed them trustworthy. "Yeah, they seem trustworthy." Matthew s

• edited August 2014

Ignore this.

Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 10/12

Matthew peeked over the side of the pickup truck, now staring at the man who was busy shooting back. "I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna blast your fucking brains out with my rifle!"

The man had the shotgun strapped to his back, and he held a hunting rifle in one hand.

"Shit man. What the hell do we do?" Lee asked, and Matthew shook his head. "I don't know." He said, then peered over to the house. "We make a run for it." Matthew and Lee ran for the house, a bullet whizzing past them and imbedding itself into an antique rocking chair. Matthew and Lee ran into the kitchen, searching desperately for any hiding spot. Lee threw open cabinet doors, and Matthew rushed into the dining room, looking under a table. "Fuck!" A walker was hiding under there, and it reached out and grabbed Matthew with it's free hand. "Lee!"

Lee ran over and kicked the thing away from Matthew, then stabbed it in the head. "Oh my god. T-thanks Lee."

"Don't mention it. Return me the favor later."

Matthew looked at the walked, noticing it looked quite familiar. A business suit, a ripped tie, but most importantly...

He had ropes around his arms and legs. "Holy Shit Lee, this guy was the same guy up in the bedroom."

"That's impossible. When I looked at him, I didn't see any bite marks. Just a ton of blood. But I would have noticed a bite. Besides, how did he get free from those ropes?"

"The man must have cut him free. I wonder why he was under the table..."

It looked like Lee was going to respond, but was then interrupted by a banging on the door. "I'm coming for you!" Lloyd yelled, and the door was heard being kicked open. "Shit, what do we do?!"

Two utter terrified shrieks rang out in the air, and the insane man was heard leaving. "I prefer the ones that don't fight back."

Matthew and Lee rushed outside to see Emily being surrounded by walkers, Duane nowhere in sight, and Katjaa being cornered by the van by two. Lloyd was walking out into the field, his shotgun in his hand. Oh no no no no...

[Save Emily] or [Save Katjaa]

• I'm very sorry for such short posts, but during quick action type scenes like these, there isn't much to work with.

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 10/12 Matthew peeked over the side of the pickup truck, now staring at the man wh

• Oh god, I probably just fucked up, but I chose to [save Katjaa]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 10/12 Matthew peeked over the side of the pickup truck, now staring at the man wh

• [Save Emily]

Why is the 9th part in the first post?

• [Save Emily]

• Huh, must be some sort of weird glitch in the system. The original post had Lloyd calling Duane the n-word in it, so it may have something to do with that.

Pipas posted: »

[Save Emily] Why is the 9th part in the first post?

• Ok, but now the 9th part is nowhere to be found.

Huh, must be some sort of weird glitch in the system. The original post had Lloyd calling Duane the n-word in it, so it may have something to do with that.

• It wasn't that important anyways, it was basically just them getting attacked by Lloyd, which was inevitable.

Pipas posted: »

Ok, but now the 9th part is nowhere to be found.

Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 11/12

(!) You chose to save Emily.

"Emily!" Matthew quickly began running towards Emily, shooting the walkers off of her and pulling her away. "Where's Duane?!"

Emily looked at Matthew with glossy eyes, and Matthew looked behind her to see Duane's stomach being ripped out by a walker. "Jesus Christ. C-come on. L-l-let's go." He grabbed her hand and pulled her away, now looking over to see Lee saving Katjaa's life. He stabbed the two walkers off of her, and she looked at him with gratitude. "Thank you Lee."

Oh no.

Katjaa's head was blown clean off by Lloyd, who held a smoking shotgun up in the air. "Katjaa! No! Fuck!" Matthew cried out, as Lee turned to look at Lloyd. He rushed for him, while Lloyd raised the shotgun and pulled the trigger. Empty. "Fuck you!" Lloyd hit Lee with the end of the shotgun, and ran off for the barn. Lee dropped to his knees, holding his stomach in pain. "K-K-Katjaa? No. No! Katjaa! Y-y-you fucking killed her! You fucking killed her you monster!" Kenny crawled over to Katjaa's dead body, as Bonnie and Sandra walked over and looked at Katjaa's body cringing. "Oh-oh my god." Bonnie said, and Sandra looked away. Emily walked over to them, looking down at Katjaa. "K-Kenny..."

"Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up."

Emily scratched the back of her head, and Bonnie looked at her. "Where's Duane?"

Emily shook her head, and Bonnie's face faltered again. "I'm so sorry Katjaa. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you."

"Can the kids see it?" Sandra asked. "No. They're in the van, I told them to get under the seats." Bonnie solemnly said, as Matthew walked over and looked down at Katjaa and the weeping Kenny. Lee got up from his kneeling position, now looking at Katjaa. Damn. He had seen stuff like that before, but never to someone who was as innocent as Katjaa.

Katjaa's death appeared to take it's toll on the group. She was friendly to them, and seemed to be the nicest of everyone and also the wisest. Duane seemed to hit Bonnie hard also. The rest of the group barely knew him, but it was still sad to see both of them go. Kenny spoke up after a while of staring. "Go fucking kill him."

Matthew and Lee looked at each other, and then ran off towards the barn. When they got in, Matthew immediately eyed the shotgun lying on the floor. Lloyd must have ditched it whenever he found out there was no ammo in the thing. Matthew and Lee split up, both searching different ends of the room. Matthew then saw something he hadn't noticed before. A ladder, having fallen over on it's side. Why was that there? Matthew looked up, to see a second floor of the barn. Oh shit.

Shots rang down from the second floor, firing at Matthew and Lee. "Shit! Get the fuck down!" Matthew yelled, and Lee did so. "We're going to fucking kill you man!" Lee yelled at Lloyd, who simply kept on shooting. "None of ya'll are going to take me in! Ya'll won't hurt me again! Not like you did to my pop! Not like they did to my momma! You stay the fuck away!"

What was that about his mother? Whatever, it didn't matter. He was crazy. "Listen! Stop shooting at us! You're just making this harder!"

"No! You shut the fuck up! I know what you did to my mother! You hit her you fucking drunks! You killed her!" They could hear Lloyd crying now while he was shooting.

He was yelling about his mother again. Shit, this was going to be hard. They couldn't kill him now, could they? Sure, he killed Katjaa...but if they killed him, would they be any better?

"Listen! Just come down here and we can talk! I promise! We won't hurt you!"

"No! You're a bunch of filthy fucking liars! Just like those fucking cops! Just like the woman at the school who said she was counseling me! Told me to get over my fucking grief! I don't fucking grieve! I don't fucking grieve!"

"Listen! Just calm down! We can talk about this! We're not liars! My name's Matthew! I'm a surgeon! That's Lee! He's a..."

"I'm a teacher! I don't want to hurt you Lloyd!" Lee didn't know where Matthew was headed with this, but he decided to roll with it.

"You're not...cops? You're not counselors?"

"No! Listen Lloyd! We didn't kill your dad...something else did..." Matthew lied through his teeth, regretting every it all. Jesus Christ, why was he feeling reluctant to shoot this murderer?!

"Okay, I'm coming down!"

The rifle fell down, and Lloyd stepped down and looked at the two of them. "I-I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't mean it. I got scared. I know what I just did was wrong. I-I shouldn't have killed that woman. I shouldn't have slapped Bonnie. If you want to tie my hands with that rope over there, go on ahead. I won't get mad at you."

Matthew looked over to see the rope lying on the floor. He also turned his head to see a pitchfork lying on top of a bale of hay. He could kill Lloyd right now...

[Tie him up.] or [Kill Lloyd.]

(I also wanted to tell you guys the next part won't be until Saturday as I'm going somewhere. D: I'm sorry that it will be such a long wait.)

• [Tie him up.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 11/12 (!) You chose to save Emily. "Emily!" Matthew quickly began running towa

• [Tie him up.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 11/12 (!) You chose to save Emily. "Emily!" Matthew quickly began running towa

• [Tie him up.]

• (Well, I managed to get a bar of Wi-Fi up here, so let's do it.)

Episode 1: A New Day

Chapter 1: Down the Rabbit Hole 12/12

(!) You chose to tie him up.

Matthew grabbed the ropes and tied Lloyd's wrists, then pushed him out into the farm. "You sure about this man? Keeping him alive?" Lee looked at Matthew, who simply shook his head. "No, I'm really not, I just...that's not me. Killing people? It's fucked up. It turns you into a monster. We would be no better than him."

"Yeah, we'll you better hope Kenny agrees with you." Lee said, as Kenny looked up angrily to see Lloyd still living and breathing.

"What the fuck! Why is he still fucking alive!" Kenny yelled, his eyes tear stained. "You kept him alive!?" Emily asked, and Bonnie frowned shaking her head. "He's a fucking monster! He killed Katjaa! He could've killed a few more of us too!" Emily yelled, crossing her arms. "You...you let him fucking live. Why the fuck would you do that!? He deserves to fucking die!" Kenny screamed, and Matthew shook his head. "No, listen. If I killed him, I would be no better than him. It wouldn't have been right."

"It would've been fucking right! This isn't about your fucking morals Matthew! It's about fucking justice!" Kenny yelled again, and Emily looked away.

Matthew was getting tired of this bullshit. Katjaa was dead, yes. Matthew didn't want Katjaa to die. But killing a man in cold-blood? It was just straight fucked up.

Matthew looked at the survivors. "Listen here. You may not like the way I do these things, but you aren't stopping me. This man is alive. He is a killer. That I am sure of. What I am also sure of, is that if I had drove a pitchfork through his chest in that barn, I would be a killer too. You, get in the back." Matthew pointed that last comment towards Lloyd. They pushed him into the back of the van, and shut the door. "Come on, we're leaving this fucking place."

"We need to bury Katjaa."

"Do you want to bury her on this farm?" Lee asked, and Kenny's face drooped. "Yeah. Matthew, I'm sorry for getting so angry with you. I'm sorry you guys. I am."

The group helped Kenny and Sandra into the van, and drove off into the night.

(also end of song)

"Matthew?" A quiet voice from the passenger seat of the van spoke up, and Matthew looked over."Yes?" He asked his wife, who was scratching her arm. "I just wated to tell you that while I don't agree with what you did, keeping that man alive, but I do support you. Okay? I love you, I mean...God, this sonds fucking stupid, doesn't it?" She said, looking at the rearview mirror. "I understand. Thanks. And, about what happens on that farm, with Katjaa..."

"I don't want to talk about it."Emily replied, and Matthew nodded. "That's fair. Go on to sleep now. We have a long road ahead of us..."

END OF CHAPTER 1

(Also fun fact you guys probably already got, if you read Domingez story, the Emily in his is practically the same as this one, except his is about six years younger than this one, doesn't have a child and isn't married.)

• edited August 2014

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass 1
    (leaving the part limit out for now as it kind of hinders creativity and bend ability with the story.)

SIX MONTHS IN

This was a nice room. This was nice a bed. Not as nice as the old world's ones, but sleeping in a bed in the new one's was basically a privilege. Yes, the group, after around three months of hardship, had finally found a good place to stay. 

Crawford.

They had normal jobs here, actual lives.  It was strange at times, but at the same time it was great. Cynthia, Clementine and Duck went to school, along with quite a few other kids. Sandra went to school too, and her leg had been getting better. Matthew still didn't forget what Clementine said about her however. Lee had become a teacher, unsurprisingly, and taught history. Kenny went fishing in the ocean that Crawford had expanded to include. However, he also seemed to be drinking quite a lot in the bar. Bonnie worked in the armory, which was quite strange considering her quiet nature. Emily had decided she would be a supply runner, and she was pretty good at it. Lloyd had been doing well, and was currently under reform, and hadn't done anything bad since the night he shot Katjaa.

Of course, the group had met a few new faces during their travels. Lilly, a woman with quite a bitchy personality, seemed to butt heads with Kenny quite a lot. They argued all the time, a bunch of blah blah blah. She was one of the lookouts on the wall, carrying a hunting rifle at all times. Her father, Larry, was kind of an asshole. He ran the hotel that most citizens of Crawford stayed in. He happened to yell a lot, actually, and obviously did not like Lee very much. Then, there was Carley. Carley worked on the wall with Lilly, despite the fact of them not liking each other very much. She seemed to have an affection for Lee, as it were. Doug, a relatively nerdy guy, who for some strange reason worked in the auto shop. Well, there weren't many computers in the zombie apocalypse, so perhaps it was the best for him. Then there was Omid and Christa, a couple, and it just so happened that Christa was pregnant. She didn't work in the community, but Omid did. He worked a LOT.  Liam was a man they had found driving down the road in a pickup truck with a husky. He seemed awfully distant, and cold. He was spiteful of others, and he seemed to hate Kenny for yelling at him once. Two more they found were Chuck and Rick, two hobos who just so happened to be traveling with each other. Chuck tended to play guitar out in the streets, while Rick was the bartender at the bar. Andy was a man they found out in the woods shortly after they left Lloyd's farm. He tended to go out on supply runs, and talks about hunting a lot. Jane was one they found just rummaging in a trash can in the middle of nowhere. She had been turned into a prefect, working around town and keeping the peace. She had a sister, Jaime, who mostly just went to school and other things such as. Mark was one of their friends, and he didn't do much but watch the wall. They had found him with a bunch of food one day, and offered to take him in. Ben was, as Kenny would describe, a shitbird. He gave supplies to a groups bandits, and basically betrayed his friends, and his teacher, David Parker. David didn't do much around Crawford,mwhich was probably due to the whole only having one leg thing.

There were also a few survivors they met in Crawford, such as Molly, who mainly helped around with getting supplies. Then there was Anna, another pregnant woman, who also didn't work around the town, similar to Christa. Andy was an over-talkative, relatively handsome man, who would probably have more friends if he knew when to be quiet. He was the town's main doctor. Maria, a relatively quiet woman at Crawford. Most people called her "Snake" however. Matthew still couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing. She normally kept to herself, and worked in the kitchen. Something about it being the closest thing to art she could find. Emma was an awfully calm girl, which is a little strange in the middle of the apocalypse. It was fine to Matthew, but... Other people did not like her friendly nature. She worked in the bar, playing music, but it was obvious she did not enjoy it. Doctor Logan was another man who they had met, and he held medical supplies. However, it seemed something strange was going on between him and Molly. Like her wiping her mouth every time she left his office . 

Gross.

Anyways, there was also Molly's sister, who didn't seem to talk much. Molly seemed to keep her in their room all the time. Anyways, back to the present...

"Hey, you awake?" A voice came from the other side of the bed, and Matthew turned his eyes towards the woman. "Always am." He replied, sighing and turning his gaze back to the ceiling. "Right, so." Emily replied, suddenly shifting in the bed. Matthew looked over, but was suddenly surprised when an elbow was jammed into his chest. "Ow, hey, what the hell?" He said, as Emily looked at him from above. She got dangerously close to him, smiling slyly. "I have to tell you something." She said, her face inches away from his. "What?" Matthew asked, his blue shirt being imprinted on by Emily's elbow. This could turn out quite well.

"I have to go to work early." She said, and hopped off of the bed. "Dammit Emily." Matthew said as Emily began to get dressed. "What can I say? Guess I'm too hard to handle now, get's around." She began strumming an air guitar. "Bow bow bow! Bow bow bow!"

Goddammit Emily, Matthew thought as she walked out of the room. Well, he supposed it was time to get ready anyway...

He stood up, and opened up the closet, pulling out his prefect uniform, which was basically a sheriff's uniform and no less. He took off his shirt, and pulled on the prefect's uniform, then grabbing a pair of jeans and pulling them on. He then grabbed his gun holster and his pistol, sticking them on. "Let's do this." He said, pushing open the door and heading out into the tiny living room, where he then walked into Cynthia's small bedroom. (end of song)

"Hey, Cynthia. You ready to go to school?" He asked, and she popped out from the corner, already dressed. "Yeah." She said, and Matthew smiled, leading her out into the hotel's hallway. "You have a good night?" 

"Yeah, I did."

"Have any dreams?"

"...None that were good. I don't get many of those anymore."

"Yeah, neither do I. You wanna talk about a few of them?"

"I had a dream where I saw a bunch of dogs, and they were attacking three men who had guns. The men were in a river, and they kept shooting at them, but there was this one man, who had a picture of a die on his hat. They kept going after him, and then one dog pulled him underwater and ripped his head in half."

Matthew looked down at his daughter, who's hand he held, who had a straight face. She just kept walking forward. Matthew could feel his grip slightly loosen, but he forced himself to keep gripping on to his daughter's hand. "Was there anymore to your dream?" Matthew asked, and Cynthia shook her head. "No, I woke up then. I didn't like that dream."

"Yeah, neither do I." Shit, what could have even invoked a dream like that!? Maybe it was just a small fluke. Maybe. But still, no matter what anybody said here in this community, Matthew could still never stop thinking about the dead knocking at their door.

He shuddered, as all of a sudden the two ran into Lee rushing out. "Hey Lee, you seem to be in a hurry."

"Yeah, I'm late. I gotta go man, I'll see ya later." Lee waved goodbye to Cynthia, and nodded to me, them ran off for the stairs. Hmm, he seemed to be in quite a rush with his work. He never seemed to be that we before. "Something seem wrong with Lee?"

"He just doesn't want Crawford to know he's late." 

Crawford? Why would Crawford care if Lee was late? Besides, Matthew was pretty sure they weren't teaching History today. The way the school worked here was that there would be two subjects per hour, to cram as much information as possible into the students. Most of the time, it was just survival skills, but occasionally the kids would learn stuff about history, or science, or even English and Math. The children apparently loved those subjects the most, surprisingly. Maybe it was the teachers. Matthew thought about Lee, and what he apparently told his students about something they shouldn't have heard. 

Matthew led Cynthia down to the lobby, where they saw Larry looking through a magazine. "Hey Larry." Matthew said, as he walked for the door. Larry looked up, and snorted. He didn't say anything at first, but when Cynthia first walked through the door, Larry spoke up. "Your friend seemed to be in trouble, now didn't he?"

Matthew turned around to face him, mouth contorted into a scowl at the smiling old man. "What do you mean?" 

"You know what the fuck I mean, you're not fucking stupid. He came running down here mumbling something about Crawford."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Heh, well then fine. Why don't you go join your friend in his little Homo Party? Go on ahead." 

Matthew scoffed and walked out the door, where Cynthia stood. "You ready to to?" She said, and Matthew smiled. "Yeah, let's head on to school."

Matthew and Jane looked over to the bar in front of them, where allegedly a fight had just broke out. "So what was happening here again?" Jane asked, crossing her arms over her prefect uniform, and Matthew turned his attention to her as the two walked up to the doors. "Fight broke out, I think. A guy pulled out a gun, and he was threatening to shoot the other. We don't think he has any bullets though. Just in case, keep your gun out."

"Right, sounds good captain."

Matthew and Jane pulled out their pistols, and burst inside the bar. "Freeze motherfucker!" Jane yelled out, and Matthew looked at her. "Seriously?" He asked, and she shrugged. The man with the gun pointed at the other's face suddenly rose in terror, and he turned around quickly. Suddenly, everything seemed to go in slow motion.

He was going to shoot Jane, if he had any bullets. But what the hell could Matthew do!? If he shot him, he might not have any bullets and didn't need to be killed. But if Matthew didn't fire, the man could kill Jane. Shit shit shit shit....

[Fire] or [Withdraw]

(Okay, sorry for all of the characters from the game, but I haven't been getting many submissions. I will very likely have to start turning to original characters soon, which is fine, but of course some of the fun in these fanfics is wondering what your character is going to do.)

• [Fire]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass 1 (leaving the part limit out for now as it kind of hinders creativity and ben

• [Fire]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass 1 (leaving the part limit out for now as it kind of hinders creativity and ben

• edited August 2014

[Fire]

• [Fire]

• How many characters you can submit? I see that there's not many characters in YIUR story, so I can submit two more.

• I'd say three characters would be the limit.

How many characters you can submit? I see that there's not many characters in YIUR story, so I can submit two more.

• Great. I'll probably submit two brothers.

I'd say three characters would be the limit.

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 2

(!) You chose to fire.

Bam. Matthew's pistol fired, and the man slumped to the ground, blood covering his head. "You...you shot him." Jane said, her head turned to Matthew, shaking. "He...he was going to shoot you. I had to...I had to..." Matthew reached down and picked up the man's gun, releasing the clip out. Full of bullets. Thank God. If he had shot an unarmed man, well... "He had bullets in his gun. You could have died." Matthew told Jane, and she gulped. "Yeah. Thanks."

Matthew then turned to the figure on the ground, with his arms over his head, and his eyes widened, looking up at the prefect. "Come on Andy, get up. We have to stop meeting like this." Matthew pulled the cowarding man up, and then brushed off his trousers. "What happened?" Matthew asked, and Jane walked up, one hand on her hip, her eyes narrowed. Andy scratched the back of his head, and then responded. "Uh, the guy was drunk, making some stupid comments at the bar, I made some sarcastic remark, and he punched me then pulled out a gun on me."

Jane frowned, an pursed her lips. "Fucking again? Matthew just killed a guy because you can't keep your fucking mouth shut." Andy looked at the floor, then looked up, his eyes like daggers. "Excuse me for wanting not to live with some fuckwads acting like dicks. I told him to fucking stop acting like a dick, but no, he had to go this fucking route."

"Andy, you're always pulling this shit. Why can't you just learn to shut the fuck up?!"

Matthew soon got into it. "Guys, not now..."

Andy began to well with rage. "Oh, yeah? Says you, with all of your fucking ideals about how the weak don't survive!"

"We're not talking about me! We're talking about you!"

"You're the one who went on some fucking rant the other day! Hell, you've killed more people then me, or Matthew. Right?" Andy suddenly turned to Matthew, crossing his arms.

Jane took this as an opportunity to talk to Matthew also. "Are you gonna listen to this jackass? Asshole doesn't know when to shut up."

"Oh yeah? You're such a dick. You try and force your ideals on everybody, but you can't seem to accept anybody else's by evidence when Carley brought up that we should strive to be more humane!"

"Goddammit, fuck you Andy!"

"Fuck you Jane! You're always on my ass! I wish you'd just back off!"

Goddammit. Idiots, the both of them.

[Andy, shut the fuck up.]

[Jane, shut the fuck up.]

[Shut the fuck up both of you!]

[Go fuck yourselves. I'm leaving.]

• Alt text

[Shut the fuck up both of you!]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 2 (!) You chose to fire. Bam. Matthew's pistol fired, and the man sl

• [Shut the fuck up both of you!]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 2 (!) You chose to fire. Bam. Matthew's pistol fired, and the man sl

• [Shut the fuck up both of you!]

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 3

(!) You told them both to be quiet.

"Shut the fuck up both of you!" Matthew yells, as Jane and Andy turn around, embarrassed looks on their faces. "You're both acting like children! Goddammit, why do you two have to rip each other's throats out when you see each other?!" Jane scratched the back of her head, but still eyed Andy angrily. Andy simply huffed and walked out of the bar, stepping over the man's dead body. Matthew turned around to face Rick, who was shaking behind the bar. "What...what happened here? From your point of view." Matthew asked, and Jane kneeled down next to the dead man. "Damn." She muttered, as Rick began to regain his composure and replied. "It was...Andy. I don't even know who that guy is down there, said his name was Dexter or something? I don't know. Anyways, he came running up and started saying some drunken shit about Crawford, talking about how he hated him and such. How Crawford was acting all suspicious. Especially when Frank got killed."

Matthew's eyes shifted for a small second as he noticed Dr. Logan sitting down, drunk off his ass. Jane also came up to sit down and listen to Rick's story. Matthew figured that Rick's story was more important at the moment. "Well, Andy was getting all pissed because 'Crawford did everything for us! He gave us food!' Well, that Dexter guy got real angry and grabbed Andy by the shirt and threw him off of his chair. He was pulling out that gun about to shoot him when well, this happened."

Matthew nodded. "Thanks Rick. We'll get back to Crawford about it, alright? You head on home, the bar's closed. We'll find someone to get rid of Dexter here." He said, and then began heading for the door, but Rick called him before he could go. "Hold on, just a minute now. I need to tell you something else."

Matthew stopped, Jane right behind him, and turned his head back. "...what?"

"Now, call me crazy, but some of what that Dexter boy was saying, it...made a lot of sense to me, Y'now? So, I just gotta tell ya, watch out, alright?"

Matthew smiled and did a small wave, then headed out the door with Jane. "You thinking about what that guy said?"

Matthew shook his head. "Sounds like a load of bullshit to me. I mean, Crawford is...Crawford. He saved us, he gave us food and all that. Sure, he can be kind of shifty, or a little eccentric, but he gave us an actual life here. He's friendly."

Jane smiled, and then reached into her pocket, pulling out a small paper box. While reaching into it and pulling out a cigarette, she began to talk. "Yeah, sure. My thing is?" She then said, pulling out a lighter. "Well, I haven't got one of those quickies to pull out right now. Dammit! I had one ready too!"

Matthew snickered slightly as Jane lit her cigarette, and gray smoke began puffing from her mouth. She reached into the box again. "You want one?"

[Sorry, I don't smoke.]

[Even if I did smoke, I wouldn't take one from you.]

[I don't smoke, but why the hell not?]

• [Sorry, I don't smoke.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 3 (!) You told them both to be quiet. "Shut the fuck up both of you!

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 3 (!) You told them both to be quiet. "Shut the fuck up both of you!

• sorry don't smoke

[Sorry, I don't smoke.]

• (Jeez, I can't believe this shitty part took so long to get out. Excuse me for the wait, I just knew where I wanted the story to go, but I didn't know how to go about it. Hopefully this works.)

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 4

(!) You denied the cigarette politely.

"Sorry, I don't smoke." Matthew replied to Jane's offer, who simply shrugged and puffed in another round of smoke. They walked on, heading back to the police station. "Hey....ungh... Guys.... Hey...." Matthew looked back to see Emma running up. He think he saw her at the bar, playing music, or well, running away from playing music, but he wasn't too sure. What did she want? "What's up Emma?" Jane asked, her left eyebrow rising, as she dropped her cigarette to the ground. "It's...about what happened back at the bar."

Matthew coughed. "Nothing left to discuss, really. I mean, I shot that guy, Andy got angry, and that's it."

"T....that's not it...." She said exhausted, grabbing her knees. Jane put a hand on her hip, then used the other to snap her fingers. "Come on, spit it out." She said, and Emma looked up. "Give...m...me....a second."

And they did. (hur dur)

"Anyways...back at the bar...did you guys notice Rick looking...worried?"

"There was a guy wagging a gun everywhere, of course he would be worried."

"No, no, I mean, after you shot the guy. He was looking around...like he was waiting for someone. Or something, like that. Yeah."

Matthew and Jane both almost simultaneously raised an eyebrow. What the fuck was that supposed to mean?! "Okay. We...we will keep an eye out, okay? For anything suspicious, like you said." Jane replied, still not smiling. "You have to understand. I just want to know what he was looking for, and I ask that you guys investigate into it." Emma pleaded with them, and Jane and Matthew looked at each other. What the hell now?

[Investigate into it.] or [We have more important things to do.]

• [Investigate into it.] I just want to see what happens.

(Jeez, I can't believe this shitty part took so long to get out. Excuse me for the wait, I just knew where I wanted the story to go, but I d

Sign in to comment in this discussion.