The Walking Dead: Humane (REBOOTING)

Comments

• [Investigate into it.]

(Jeez, I can't believe this shitty part took so long to get out. Excuse me for the wait, I just knew where I wanted the story to go, but I d

• [Investigate into it.]

(Jeez, I can't believe this shitty part took so long to get out. Excuse me for the wait, I just knew where I wanted the story to go, but I d

• [Investigate into it.]

• investigate in to it

• Episode 1: A New Day

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 5

[You chose to investigate into it.]

"I say we investigate into it." Matthew says with a warm smile on his face, as Jane turns her attention towards him. "Are you serious? We have actual work to be doing, other then some fucking lead that will probably just waste everyone's time and get Rick angry at us." Her eyes narrowed, and Matthew began walking away. "Sorry Jane." He said, and she shook her head and turned away. Emma watched as she left, her eyes slightly saddened, but she turned around and caught up with Matthew. "Why was she acting like that?" The singer asked, to which a simple shrug was offered back to her. "She's just going through a lot right now."

Emma looked at him funny, but she let it go and then stepped into the bar, now seeing it full-on empty, Rick having run everyone off. "Hey, guess who's back." Matthew did a slight wave at the old man, who was currently pacing back and forth behind the bar. "Matthew? Emma? What are you two doing here? And where's Jane?"

"Jane had something to do. I'm just here because Emma is concerned about you. She said you were acting...different."

Rick's face simply dimmed, his face drooped and he put a shoulder on the bar, shaking his head. "You remember what I told you about Crawford? I mean, what I was suggesting, I was, so subtle, because I knew Logan was in here. I mean, maybe he'll come around eventually-"

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"Oh, oh, uh, sorry. It's just that, well, I don't particularly like Crawford. Why? Well, one night, he came in, he told me that he had some big old plan for me. Huh...he told me that I would do good for him, do good for the community, huh. Well, he passed me some sleeping pills, and then said when Lee comes in, slip them in his drink. They said they were gonna take him away, then they were gonna fucking throw him to the walkers. Said he was too 'good' for some new change that was gonna happen. He told me that if I did what he said, he'd give me a good position with a lot of food, and he'd give me really nice room in the school. Well, I told him to leave my bar, and he just smiled and left the sleeping pills on the counter. I'm thinking that once he and his little gang of freaks get rid of Lee, you're next. I didn't say nothing earlier because, well, Logan, Y'now."

Matthew tried to comprehend this. Wha...what? This didn't make any fucking sense! Matthew crossed his arms. Why the hell would Crawford do something like that? What if Rick was telling some sort of lie? Yeah, it was just some stupid lie or just some crazy dream the old man had...

"B...but...bu...but..." Matthew began trying to say, when all of a sudden the shattering of a window was heard, then blood was flung on to Matthew's face. Rick looked down at his chest, seeing two newly formed bullet holes planted firmly in his heart. He fell on to the bar, then slid off on to the ground. "Jesus fucking Christ!" Matthew pushed Emma to the ground, as more bullets flew through the window. He got a glimpse of the shooter, seeing a man with a purple hoodie running off. "No! No!" Emma cried out, and Matthew sped out the door after the man. "You get back here you fucker!" The man took a turn into an alleyway, and Matthew followed, seeing him slide over a dumpster. Matthew followed suit, cringing from a slight crack in his legs. "Fuck." He muttered to himself, before beginning to pursue him again. Wait, where was this guy going?!

Oh shit.

The man was making a run for the Badlands.

The "Badlands," as they called them. The fucking idiot! They hadn't cleared that block off yet, of Crawford. All that was there was a chain-link cage that contained a large mass of walkers, what the hell was this guy planning?! All that was there was the RetConn Office that could be reached by climbing the fence... Matthew was running down the back alleyway when he heard a sudden scream coming from the area of the Badlands, and he turned a corner and finally saw it. The man in the purple hoodie was screaming, with his own blood splattered on his hood, darkening his previously lighter hoodie.

Apparently when he began climbing the fence to get up the building, a walker grabbed his hand and pulled his arm through. Now, a group of them were piled upon his arm, chewing away at it. The man was screaming, his face however was unrecognizable due to the hood. Matthew looked at the man, now seeing a pocket knife just hanging out of his hoodie pocket. He could grab it and cut the man's arm off and maybe get some information from him, but then again, if this was one of Crawford's hit men, if Crawford found out that Matthew chased and then interrogated one of his men, well...

Ugh, shit.

[Cut the man's arm off.] or [Leave.]

(It's finally here! Yayyy... College has been a bitch lately, so that's why I haven't been very regular with my writing. I promise I will try and grey the next part out much sooner.)

• [Cut the man's arm off.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 5 [You chose to investigate into it.] "I say we investigate into it.

• cut the mans arm off

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 5 [You chose to investigate into it.] "I say we investigate into it.

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 6

(!) You chose to cut the man's arm off.

Matthew reached for the man's pocket, pulling out the pocket knife then flipping it open. The man suddenly turned, and Matthew got a clear look at his face. It was a Hispanic man with a tattoo going along the left side of his eye, appearing to be a dragon. He was clean-shaven, and his hair had been shaved clean off. He had a small earring in his left ear, and his eyes were showing quite a good amount of fear and pain. He continued screaming, as Matthew's gaze turned from fearful to a "sorry" as he plunged the knife into the man's arm. This caused the purple hoodie to scream even louder, as Matthew continued wringing it around and pulling it out, stabbing the man's arm and cutting it repeatedly. He nearly puked at one moment. He had seen someone's limb get cut off before, but never this brutal and never himself. He continued wiggling and swerving the knife around in the man's arm, blood now bursting out everywhere. A fresh spray of the dark red liquid burst out again as the man's arm was suddenly released into the Badlands, and he suddenly fell back. A fountain soon erupted from his mouth, blood flowing from his mouth quickly.

He was dead.

Just like that. It was so quick, so fast, that the man had died...just...gone.

This time, Matthew did puke. It wasn't like he was throwing up his stomach, just a little bit fell on to the man's body. Look at this fucking mess. This fucking...fuck....

Matthew looked down at his clothes, now seeing the sheriff's uniform soaked with blood, and his face was matted with the shit too. Suddenly, footsteps were heard just around the corner, and a voice. "Hey? What was that back there? Thought I erd' some screaming and what. You okay, mate?" A thick British accent came from the alleyway, almost sounding like an American trying to fake one. But, they certainly weren't, as Matthew knew just who that was. Good old Louis. Or, well, not at the moment. Shit. If Louis saw him with all this blood caked on his body then saw the body, well, he wouldn't know what Louis would think.

So he ran.

He ran back into the alleyway, away from the body of the man, and off into the alleyway. He was gonna have to hide through this. He quickly looked at his watch, now seeing it was around twelve in the he afternoon. Once it got nighttime, he could make a run back for the hotel when there weren't that many people outside and it was harder to see him. He would freshen up, them get rid of his clothes. Yes, it was perfect. But...what would Emma think? Dammit. Rick was dead, what the hell would anyone think?! Matthew leaned up against the dark alley wall, and slumped to the floor, holding a hand to his head. "What the fuck did you do...what the fuck..."

Then he heard a voice.

"Hey! You! I can see you down there, buddy." A voice, coming from the side of the alleyway suddenly echoed across the walls. Matthew's eyes widened, as he turned and saw the man. Who the hell was that?!

["No you don't!"]

["What do you want?"]

[...]

(Also wondering, what do you think anybody would think of a Borderlands fanfiction, in the same vein as The Walking Dead ones? I've got an idea for one, but I'm not sure if Tales from the Borderlands is generating enough buzz.)

• ["What do you want?"]

And sure, I'd like to read some Borderlands fanfic. Sounds interesting. :)

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 6 (!) You chose to cut the man's arm off. Matthew reached for the ma

• what do you want

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 6 (!) You chose to cut the man's arm off. Matthew reached for the ma

• ["What do you want?"]

I think a Borderlands fanfiction sounds like a good idea.

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 7

(!) You asked him what he wanted.

"What do you want?" The words breezed from Matthew's scared lips, as he slowly stood up and looked over at the figure. "Matthew. What the hell is that all over your shirt?" It was Dr. Logan. And he had a pistol raised, and pointed directly at Matthew. Matthew held up a hand, his eyes widening and focusing on the gun. "It's blood. I...I had an encounter with a walker." He lied through his teeth, and Dr. Logan smiled.

"No you didn't. About an hour ago, I found Louis trying to attend to my dead friend. Now, I knew Louis would never lie, and he was a pretty good guy. He told me that he had just found the body there. Dead. My friend. Dead."

Logan pushed slightly harder on the trigger of the pistol. Matthew began backing up slowly, trying to get out into the streets. "It...it was an accident. He got bitten, and I tried to save him. It didn't work."

"Accident or not, Matthew, you were always on our list anyways. You're so goddamn weak and imbecilic. A vicious killer's life was saved by you, while an innocent man you brutally murdered."

"Innocent?! He fucking shot Rick!"

"And Rick was a blasphemer. He dared to question Crawford, and denied him when he was offered such a beautiful life in a penthouse."

"Crawford was going to force him to kill people!"

"No, not kill. Not any kind of murder. Think of it as mercy. As a farmer shooting his dying dog."

Matthew was beginning to well with rage. Who the fuck did Logan think he was?! Who the fuck did Crawford think he was?! The fucking murderers! All of them!

[You motherfucker.]

[I'm going to put an end to this.]

[I'm going to kill-

Blam.

"Urg. Ugh."

Matthew looked down at his side, a newly formed spout of blood spurting from it. "Uh. Uh." He looked up at Logan, his eyes growing with fear, his hands covering the bullet hole. Logan was simply smiling.

"Is there something wrong Matthew?"

The last words Matthew heard before he hit the ground, unconscious.

• i'm going to put an end to this

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 7 (!) You asked him what he wanted. "What do you want?" The words br

• That wasn't an actual decision, it was just like one of those dialogue things in the game where you aren't given enough time to respond as something happens. :P

crawfish posted: »

i'm going to put an end to this

• oh well, live and learn, I am really enjoying this by the way. intense and very well written; keep'em coming. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Amos.

That wasn't an actual decision, it was just like one of those dialogue things in the game where you aren't given enough time to respond as something happens. :P

• Thank you! And Amos is planned for coming in Episode 2, by the way. Sorry you'll have to wait so long, just couldn't fit him into the story during the Crawford storyline.

oh well, live and learn, I am really enjoying this by the way. intense and very well written; keep'em coming. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Amos.

• no worries, enjoying this story none the less, I enjoy seeing other peoples interpretation of the characters I've provided, but I am definitely patient

Thank you! And Amos is planned for coming in Episode 2, by the way. Sorry you'll have to wait so long, just couldn't fit him into the story during the Crawford storyline.

• hey by the way, are you still accepting submissions? have an idea for one

no worries, enjoying this story none the less, I enjoy seeing other peoples interpretation of the characters I've provided, but I am definitely patient

• Yeah, still accepting.

hey by the way, are you still accepting submissions? have an idea for one

• Oh God.

Ten days?

Has it actually been ten days?

Dammit.

I had something worked out too, but I accidentally deleted it.

Ah, it should be out tonight or tomorrow. I'm so sorry.

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 8

"Oh, Molly!"

Oh God. It was that sadistic fucking voice again. Why was that voice always fucking there!

"G...go away!"

The blonde haired woman tied to a chair called out, her face bloodied and beaten, one eye was swollen all to hell. She could barely talk, barely even think in fact.

Dr. Logan came stepping in, a smile on his face and a body in his hand. The unconscious and bloody Matthew, being dragged along by this monster.

He set Matthew down on the floor, allowing him to bleed out, likely being led to his demise.

"I've got something special for you today Molly."

Before Molly could even get out a reaction, he firmly planted a strip of duct tape to her mouth, then stepped back and pulling a razor out. Molly's eyes widened in fear, as Logan stepped back, grabbing hold of a radio and suddenly flipping it on.

When I die and they lay me to rest...

"Perfect." Logan said as he began walking towards the fearful Molly's direction.

Gonna go to the place that's the best...

He did a quick swipe at her, just cutting her face to which a muffled cry came from her mouth.

When I lay me down to die...

He grabbed her face, as she struggled to desperately get away, despite the bonds strapped to the chair behind her, along with the fact her feet were wrapped in duct tape.

Goin' up to the spirit in the sky!

"Hold still!"

"Hold still ya' lousy fuck!" Logan repeated, suddenly emerging from Molly's bloody face with an object.

Her ear.

"Was that as good for you as it was for me?"

Goin' up to the spirit in the sky...

He tossed the ear away, smiling at Molly once more. He then began to walk away. "Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back."

That's where I'm gonna go when I die...

Logan's ears were suddenly pulled away from the music, as he stepped outside walking towards a car. He opened up the hood, pulling out a gasoline canister. He then headed back into the warehouse, and Molly's muffled cries returned.

Prepare yourself, you know it's a must...

He opened up the canister, suddenly tossing a bit of the flammable liquid on to Molly's skin.

Gotta have a friend in Jesus!

He threw some more on to her, finally turning off the radio and ripping the tape from her mouth. "No! No! Don't burn me! Please! Please!" She cried out, and Logan mockingly tilted his head at her, and asked her a question. "What? What's the matter?"

"Seriously! No! I don't know anything about any of your fucking guys! I swear! I don't fucking remember! I won't tell anybody! Please!"

"What's the matter? Is there a problem?"

"I have a sister!"

"Are you done?"

"Don't burn me! Please don't burn me!"

"You done?"

Logan suddenly held up a liter, flicking it on.

Around this time, Matthew was waking up. His eyesight was hazy, but he could just make out Molly and Logan pleading back and forth, and one more object directly in front of him.

A pistol.

[Shoot Logan] or [Do nothing.]

• [Shoot Logan]

Why would you not shoot him? Pfft.

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 8 "Oh, Molly!" Oh God. It was that sadistic fucking voice again. Why

• edited September 2014

shoot this sick fuck pronto and then shoot him some more, I mean all Wyatt Earp style shooting

But DAMN!!! This was absolutely awesome, deliciously evil, man! Cutting off ears to Spirit in the Sky. That was freaking AWESOME!!!!!

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 8 "Oh, Molly!" Oh God. It was that sadistic fucking voice again. Why

• Yeah I got a little excited here, just a little. This was one of the coolest chapters I have red on all the fan fics I have been participating in. The song was just great. This was really , really good! I could just picture the whole thing. Yep, definitely a cool ride.

shoot this sick fuck pronto and then shoot him some more, I mean all Wyatt Earp style shooting But DAMN!!! This was absolutely awesome, deliciously evil, man! Cutting off ears to Spirit in the Sky. That was freaking AWESOME!!!!!

• ;)

Pipas posted: »

[Shoot Logan] Why would you not shoot him? Pfft.

• Thanks for the compliments, friend! :D

Yeah I got a little excited here, just a little. This was one of the coolest chapters I have red on all the fan fics I have been participat

• [Shoot Logan]

• [Shoot Logan]

Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 9

(!) You chose to shoot him.

"You done?"

"Don't burn me!"

"Have some fire, scarecrow."

Click.

Logan turned his head, staring dead at Matthew, who had just attempted to fire an unloaded pistol. Logan dropped the liter on to Molly, and her body went up in flames, screaming all the way to Hell.

Logan smiled.

"You...you thought I'd keep a loaded pistol, just right in front of you? Ha! Oh Jesus, that's rich. I just threw that pistol there because it was freaking useless! It was yours, and I took the ammo out, ya fucker. Tried to shoot me. Heh."

Logan quickly rushed towards Matthew, his face still illuminated by the now dead and burning corpse of Molly. He grabbed his shirt, pulling him up towards Logan's face. "You think...you really honestly think...that anything you do actually matters? It fucking doesn't! You're just another fucking insignificant prick, that thinks what he does will ever matter! It will never fucking matter! Don't you fucking get it! Don't you understand false hope! They call me crazy, when all of you fuckers are just even more insane! Grah!"

Logan began dragging Matthew away from the now blackened, melting corpse of Molly.

Jesus Christ.

Matthew was awoken to a bright light, yet a dark room. His stomach had been bandaged, and he was currently sitting in a chair. In front of him, was a table. His hands were free, as were his legs, quite strangely. Was he about to be subjected to Logan's torture? Hopefully not.

Suddenly, a wise, calm voice echoed from the darkness. "Matthew Andrews."

Crawford Oberson, the devil himself stepped into the light, sitting down at the chair at the other end of the table. In his right hand was a metal, gleaming object.

"Do you know why you are here today?"

Matthew attempted to talk, but instead a garbled mess of words popped out. He realized that he hadn't talked in...hell, he didn't even know how long. He began recollecting himself, and finally spat out one single word. "No."

"You should know." Crawford said with sad eyes, and shook his head. "You are here for the murder of one of my men."

"I n-never murdered anyone."

"Yet you did. They are dead. You killed them. Logan told me all about it."

Matthew sputtered. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't.

"Just because you didn't mean to murder, does not mean you did not."

"Fuck you."

Crawford once again looked at Matthew with sad eyes, shaking his head in disapproval as two large arms suddenly grabbed Matthew from behind. "No! Wait!"

His left arm was pushed on to the table, and his right was pulled behind the chair.

"I never wanted this."

"Stop! Stop!"

"I didn't."

"Stop! This fucking insane!"

As Crawford stood up, the item in his hand was revealed. A rusty cleaver. He put it on Matthew's left wrist, and began sawing away. "I'm truly sorry."

Not a hint of it could be heard in his voice.

TO BE CONTINUED

• Jesus! Wow! And here I was thinking Logan was the bad guy! Short but very intense, I want more thank you very much! This is getting really, really good. I hope I either get someone to submit a villain as good as this, or that I can come up with a good one. Both Logan and Crawford are delightfully, deliciously evil. I love it!

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 2: Through the Looking Glass Part 9 (!) You chose to shoot him. "You done?" "Don't burn me!" "Ha

Chapter 3: A Boat Beneath A Sunny Sky Part 1

Emily stepped outside of the bedroom door, stretching slightly then walking into Cynthia's room. She walked to the sleeping child, slightly pushing her just enough to wake her up. "Hey, sweetheart."

"Hi."

Emily gave a quick pat on Cynthia's head, smiling brightly. "Listen, I've gotta go to work early today, so I just came in to tell you to goodbye. Dad will bring you to school, alright?" She gave a small peck on Cynthia's forehead, then headed out the door. She walked down the steps, out of the hotel doors. She did the occaisonal quick wave to a passerby she knew, but Emily kept on track. Her eyes were filled with bags, and her smile had worn thin. Her face was now firmly fixed in a deadpan expression, showing no emotion at all.

She walked over to the area where the jeeps were, seeing nobody else had bothered to get up this early yet, she flipped on the radio as Gareth normally did, and that same track he had in there came on, as it always did. It was quite strange listening to it at four in the morning, maybe even a little eerie, but she continued on with the annual radio playing.

She quickly set to work getting the jeeps ready, getting her group's set up first. She threw a few weapons into the back, mainly two assault rifles and the last one primarily made for hunting. Making a quick swipe of her hand, she brought the trunk's lid down and began walking for the other jeep's back. After a quick toss in of weapons, she closed the lid and walked away, propping herself up against the jeep's side door, racking her mind for things they were supposed to get.

"Food, already saw it in there, water, got it still from yesterday as always, weapons, check, gas is half-full, now, all we have left is..."

"People."

She muttered these words under her breath, her eyes now scanning the area for any more scavs coming over. Scavs, by the way, were the names for all of the guys who went on supply runs, or at least what the town of Crawford called them. Scavs were mostly chosen due to their speed, wit and skill with avoiding combat. Of course, they weren't afraid of getting their hands dirty.

Emily's thoughts were then disturbed and drifted away, as she looked up and eyed the new figure walking towards her. It was Gareth himself, whistling to the radio. He was followed by a trio of people. Gareth was a twenty-four year old male, with large muscles and these stone cold eyes. He would be a charmer, had Emily not been married and six years older than him. He was followed by a Hispanic man, around twenty-two, as it were. His name was Carlos, and Carlos was...Carlos. He swore a lot, liked to where jackets, and if he had a job back in the day it was very likely he sold drugs and shot up kids. Maybe he didn't shoot up kids. That was probably just an exaggeration. But, anyways, Carlos wasn't particularly ugly either, the guy looked like he was eighteen, in fact. Followed by him was a blonde woman, quite pretty, with blue eyes that would seem to pierce your soul. Maria was her name.

"I see you turned my music on."

"Yo, you voluntarily turned that shit on?"

Emily smiled at Carlos's comment, then looked over at Maria. "We letting her out on a supply run?"

Gareth turned his head ever so slightly, and frowned. "Yeah, yeah, we're taking her. Molly's got a cold, remember? We're a member short."

"Ah, yeah, I got'cha. I just don't want to see her get hurt."

"I'll be fine." Maria finally spoke out.

"You sure?"

"I'm positive."

Emily shrugged and looked at the three, behind them were the other four. Good old Ian, and after him a brunette girl with her hair pulled up in a bun, Hazel was her name. She had a trucker hat on her head, and was wearing jeans and a bright red t-shirt. There were bags under her eyes, and she had just shown more signs of tiredness with a stretch and a yawn. Behind her came a middle-aged man, around forty-five or so, with a wispy gray beard and a gray hair sticking out from his normally bald head. Ezekiel. He was a bit of a loon, but he was nice, if a bit paranoid. Finally came from behind him Liam, apparently wanting to try his hand at supply runs. "This is just the day for new people, eh?" Emily said, climbing into the driver's seat of the jeep, as the group began piling into the other one. Carlos jumped in the passenger, and Maria and Gareth leaped into the back. "Uh, good work getting everything's set up so fast."

"It wasn't that hard. I mean, we didn't really do much yesterday. Still had a shit ton of gas, food and water in here."

"Can we just get moving?" Carlos said, crossing his arms and putting his feet up on the dash.

"Fine, fine, I'll start driving. And don't get your nasty feet all over my dash. Those things reek. Do you take foot baths in dog shit?"

A slight chuckle came from both sides, as the gates were raised by Lilly and Carley, and the two jeeps sped out into the streets of Savannah.

"Damn, I hate rain."

Carlos once again was speaking his mind, his nasty feet still up on the dash of the vehicle, and Emily was busy whistling a small folk song tune. Maria and Gareth were in the back, giggling about something, as they had the entire trip through Savannah. And yes, rain, was in fact, dripping everywhere and all over. It was a bit hard to see the other jeep, but hey, if they lost each other, they both knew the way back.

"I think it's kind of calming, actually." Emily replied to Carlos's comment.

"That's because you're weird as shit."

During this conversation about shit and rain, a sudden screeching of tires was heard up ahead. "What the fuck?!" Carlos cried out, and Emily began focusing more on the road. She could not see anything. While it was obvious that the jeep up ahead had just hit the brakes, why did they do it? Emily was likely not going to find out until she saw it herself.

[Keep driving through the rain.]

[Stop the jeep.]

• [Stop the jeep.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 3: A Boat Beneath A Sunny Sky Part 1 Emily stepped outside of the bedroom door, stretching slightly then

• [Stop the jeep.]

Episode 1: A New Day Chapter 3: A Boat Beneath A Sunny Sky Part 1 Emily stepped outside of the bedroom door, stretching slightly then

• [Stop the jeep.]

• A brand new reworking of a story I'd pretty much abandoned...

Presenting to you, the new and (hopefully) improved Humane! I'm starting to feel like I can tackle Walking Dead story again, this time without all the unnecessary bullshit from last time. (i.e. characters from the game, bad plotlines, etc.) Hopefully I can craft a story worth reading this time. Well, here goes!

Also, I'd ask but you guys don't have to do this, but will you guys with old characters please submit them again through the Form? If you can't, that's perfectly fine.

• This is great news. I'll make sure to resubmit Andy and probably a new character later :)

A brand new reworking of a story I'd pretty much abandoned... Presenting to you, the new and (hopefully) improved Humane! I'm starting to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.