When did you first learn about Wallace & Gromit?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I saw the The Wrong Trousers first, sometime in the 90's when the shorts were being shown on YTV. I thought the train chase scene was the most awesome, epic and hilarious thing ever made, and all the more impressive 'cos it was made in stop-motion! As for my favourite, it's a toss-up between A Grand Day Out and The Wrong Trousers. The Wrong Trousers for the above scene, but A Grand Day Out takes the prize for being the most surreal, and because I always tear up at the bit where the oven/parking meter/robot misses his chance to go to earth and go skiing.
  • edited March 2009
    It's been pretty much impossible to grow up without Wallace & Gromit if you live in England. So, as a kid, I saw each of the shorts as they came out. Too young to really remember first seeing the very first one, but The Wrong Trousers was one of my favourite pieces of animation as a kid. And still is!
  • edited March 2009
    I used to go to animation festivals at my local arthouse movie theater, so I saw A Grand Day Out pretty much as soon as it was released. Have been hooked ever since, and each iteration just gets better.

Hard to beat Nick Park's wit and Aardman's charm.

Too bad the American version of Creature Comforts died so quickly. It had me ROFL.

Kate
  • edited March 2009
    Shauntron wrote: »
    A teacher in elementary school (some time between 3rd and 5th grade) had the Wrong Trousers on VHS during a rainy day indoors recess. Best day ever!

Ditto. I can't remember what grade it was, but we had a free day and that was one of the things that got shown.
  • edited March 2009
    Well, officially I saw it first on C.L.O.P.S.

I saw three on Cartoon Network Theater.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.