Plot Ideas For A Season Two

The Homestar universe is filled with... plots... and some user-created ones are better than the real ones!

My idea: Strong Bad gets a Cable Box for the basement TV, but when he tries to turn it on, he presses 'Input' and gets sucked into the TV. He would then go across shows like Whadayasay Haddyman, The Show, The show with Eh! Steve, and The Cheat Commandos trying to find a way out. The Map would be the channel guide.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Kinda like 8 Bit is Enough?

Sounds awesome. Don't take me wrong. That sounds a-pretty-pretty cool. Although Sweet Cuppin' Cakes doesn't sound good in 3D.... but hey, it's worth a try! :)
  • edited January 2009
    Sounds a lot like Poltergeist to me. It sounds good, though. ;) I have no idea how they'd make Sweet Cuppin' Cakes in 3D, either. Maybe they could all be flat and you could only see the front.
  • edited January 2009
    Sounds a lot like Poltergeist to me. It sounds good, though. ;) I have no idea how they'd make Sweet Cuppin' Cakes in 3D, either. Maybe they could all be flat and you could only see the front.
    Kind of like this?
    flatzone2.jpg
  • edited January 2009
    Either like that or like a 2D image and just change the picture to resemble lip-synching. Specifically, I was thinking of doing this for the Wheelchair.
  • edited January 2009
    Strong Bad opens a game development studio. He must convince others to join. Then, no one makes a good game except for him and teh C. He decides to close it, but teh C. (as co-president) forces it to stay open. So you must do everything you have done backwards (as in get the entire team to quit. Pom Pom is the most important, since he knows coding. I'm just spewing ideas.
  • edited January 2009
    A time-travel episode with various points in time having only one or two rooms each, to make it easy on the Telltale guys. Modification of the timeline would be a downright vital element.

An interesting thing about such an episode would be that if Strong Bad travels to 20X6's Planet K, which is future Earth, he would realize that it's just like the Stinkoman anime and video game.

STRONG BAD: Whoa, this is just like that one Japanese cartoon and its licensed video game! Who'd've thought such overlooked cultural artifacts could turn out to be so... prophetic?
    STINKOMAN: While meanwhile you are just pathetic! Ahahahaha! I made an English language joke pun! Ahahahaha! I am so localizable! Ahahahaha!
  • edited January 2009
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    A time-travel episode with various points in time having only one or two rooms each, to make it easy on the Telltale guys. Modification of the timeline would be a downright vital element.

An interesting thing about such an episode would be that if Strong Bad travels to 20X6's Planet K, which is future Earth, he would realize that it's just like the Stinkoman anime and video game.

STRONG BAD: Whoa, this is just like that one Japanese cartoon and its licensed video game! Who'd've thought such overlooked cultural artifacts could turn out to be so... prophetic?
    STINKOMAN: While meanwhile you are just pathetic! Ahahahaha! I made an English language joke pun! Ahahahaha! I am so localizable! Ahahahaha!

Time stream altered... Jackass.
  • edited January 2009
    I think somebody once said something to the gist of this before, so I'm pretty much just elaborating: Strong Bad discovers that Homestar Runner has formed his own video game series called HSMG4DP (Homestar's Milky Game 4 Dorky People.) Strong Bad decides to put a stop to this, but in order to get past the bouncer of Homestar Mania he must complete all three episodes with Total Stupidity. The episodes are called "Revenge of Cardboard Marzipan", "Pickled Fruit Cake" and "Search for Uncontaminated, Unreal Unicycles". As you play each episode Strong Bad comments on how dumb it is and how much his are better. In addition, instead of the fun machine you get to play Homestar's Dunce Machine.
  • edited January 2009
    Awesome5 wrote: »
    I think somebody once said something to the gist of this before, so I'm pretty much just elaborating: Strong Bad discovers that Homestar Runner has formed his own video game series called HSMG4DP (Homestar's Milky Game 4 Dorky People.) Strong Bad decides to put a stop to this, but in order to get past the bouncer of Homestar Mania he must complete all three episodes with Total Stupidity. The episodes are called "Revenge of Cardboard Marzipan", "Pickled Fruit Cake" and "Search for Uncontaminated, Unreal Unicycles". As you play each episode Strong Bad comments on how dumb it is and how much his are better. In addition, instead of the fun machine you get to play Homestar's Dunce Machine.

Ah, yes. Sbemail 200 wasepic. So hwat's your game idea. I think you're a little bit off topic.
  • edited January 2009
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    Ah, yes. Sbemail 200 wasepic. So hwat's your game idea. I think you're a little bit off topic.
    No, it is not. Look at the thread title.
  • edited January 2009
    Awesome5 wrote: »

It'd be funniest if Strong Bad's criticisms of Homestar's game mirror real peoples' criticisms of his own game. Telltale did this once before in Sam & Max 106, in which Max says Tic Tac Doom is too short and too easy. They could have done something similar to what you're suggesting with 205's Hell's-A-Poppin' if they'd done what I would have done and made it a fully playable and finishable one-room micro-episode that, when finished, leads straight to an identical micro-episode with a 2 at the end of its name, and so on until the breaking of the cycle. At the start of Hell's-A-Poppin' 2, Sam could have remarked that these cases are too short, too easy and too samey.
  • edited January 2009
    How about this:

Episode 201: Behind the Bad

It tells about Strong Bad, who needs to set out to some studio or building of some sorts, from some guys who called him about making a game about him.

It starts when he first gets a call from some guy from some company called Telltale Games, after which Strong Bad needs to make preparations for his trip to the main office. There, he needs to get himself some better office space, steal the source code of his own game to send it to Videlectrix, making a promotional video and finally convince the Telltale Games people to actually make the final episode at least mildly entertaining (according to Strong Bad's standard).

It ends when Strong Bad declares to never work with these guys, after which he gets a call from Telltale Games to do another series.
  • edited February 2009
    Marzipan goes nuts and takes every piece of Electronics in Freecountry, USA... Including the Lappy!
  • edited February 2009
    Time stream altered... Jackass.

I have the strangest feeling that is a Sam and Max joke.
  • edited February 2009
    I know. That was one of my favorites in 204. Hmmmm...... all I insist on is a cameo.
  • edited February 2009
    Personaly, I would LOVE for season 2 to be starring a new character, like homestar. Hey, they said that he was planned to be the star in the first place, and it is HOMESTARRUNNER.com, not strongbad.com. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Bad is my favorite, but let's give homebro some credit.
  • edited February 2009
    Like everyone has said 100,000,000 times...

HOMESTAR WOULDN'T WORK!
  • edited February 2009
    Why not?
  • edited February 2009
    Why not?
    I think because the way he's programmed, he's either facing towards or away from the camera--never partway. It would look kind of weird walking, I would think.
  • edited February 2009
    if the playble is strong Sad the name can be Strong Sad Depressing game for happy people
  • edited February 2009
    thats a nice idea
  • edited February 2009
    thats a sort of okay idea but it wont be a strong bad game anymor
  • edited February 2009
    Maybe a season with one overlacing plot, like sam&max?
  • edited February 2009
    Like everyone has said 100,000,000 times...

HOMESTAR WOULDN'T WORK!

That Could Work...

I've been thinking and here's some ideas I came up with (some are even your ideas with names)

201. The Snot of Trogdor - Video Game: TROGDOR (Console Version)
    3 months after Trogdor escaped, and Strong Bad can go into the game still. And all he needs is some mwoughney (that's cloughb talk for money) and sees what he can do, he gets a part-part-part-part-very part-time job at Bubs'. He can still get into the game! All they are working on at Bubs' is getting ready for an auction, and Strong Bad decides to auction off Trogdor's Snot. The Winner is the King Of town for 572 Creamy Ding Snack Cakes for 1 Teaspoon og Trogdor's Snot. After finding out in Level 900 that he can shoot poisoness snot, he has to get it Back, but The King of Town's Drank in already, and turns into a HUGE (Like, King Bubsganzola Supreme Huge) guy with a a Chinese Sign across his belly that says (translated) "Indistructable when inflated" how will he stop him...

210. His 15th game, he looks at the title of the game it's Homestar's Cherry Flavored Game for Terrific Atheletes (HCFG4TA) How will he stop him?...

More To Come From Me...

Telltale, honest opinion, what do you think??
  • edited February 2009
    My question is: why exactly did you put on a spoiler icon?
  • edited February 2009
    My question is: why exactly did you put on a spoiler icon?

I have no Idea, But I was going to put in the ending, You have to go to the bar to get to Pom Pom so he can translate, go to the house, play TROGDOR! and get to Level 800 (Actually Level 1 & 2 with a clip play 799 (3) and get to the part where he mutates Peasent's with his snot. (This time it's not a default location, although the Intro shows him in the house, the game begins at Bub's) go get Strong Mad, and he'll follow (and by follow, I mean run to the basement) you to the basement grab the TROGDOR! Arcade Cabinet, he'll pick it up, go to the castle (the loading screen is Strong Mad running with a TROGDOR! Acrade machine over his head with Strong Bad drinkin' a cold one) Get Into the Game with The King and Beat him up (you're playing TROGDOR) and he'll turn back to normal put a GREEN SMUDGE on the spoon found on the Arcade Machine to think it was a dream.

Here are some others of my Amazing Brain (some with the help of people):

Teleporting To The Tube - Video Game: Game Sweet Cuppin' Cakes Video Game
    Stro Bro gets sucked in the TV, default location is THE SHOW, he goes to Sweet Cuppin' Cakes Show and that's where the FunMachine is Located (Like in Dangeresque 3, the Game was put in Experimento's Office)

Coach Z Back On Top - Game: Tour-O Duero (pronounced Due-short e-r-long O)
    Game on Sale at Bub's, coupon found in Messy Pile
    Coach Z Gets Cool Again
  • edited February 2009
    Strong Bad is asked to do more modeling, but the corporation uses his pictures to hypnotize the population of Free Country USA. He doesn't really care, because everybody seems cooler as a mindless zombie, until he opens his mailbox and realizes that the company jipped him out of his paycheck.
  • edited February 2009
    space captin face
  • edited February 2009

Nice idea :D
  • edited March 2009
    What about emails, its all about the emails with strongbad, so why not strongbad get an email at start of an episode, (from a viewer/player) about something, and it becomes what you have to do as the player in the episode.

Think to the email cartoons like the magician one, that would be good, having to go get moneys to get the parts, rehearsing with say the cheat, cause strongbad likes to cheat, and then the actual performance.

oooor, the alternate universe one, with cheat using the blender. having to fix the mess by getting everyone back to their own dimension, obv in a convoluted way, like sabotaging their new lives in your dimension ;)

note: i dont actually mean to use the magician or alternate universe emails as eps, just to bring my idea to examples ;P

the idea could be used for whole season, but for reasons being that it could get monotonous having an email telling you what to do for each one, maybe the last episode could be that strongbads had enough of just having the email section of homestarrunner.com and decides to hijack the website :D and the parts of the episode could be taking over the different areas, like the toons, games and downloads sections, each "guarded" if you will by the other characters... with a showdown of just ideas coming to me as i write by the way ;)

other than my idea, and sorry for the long post, but i would like to see more of homsar in second season, possibly an episode where he is a support character for sb through the episode :D he prob makes me laugh more than anyone else :D (wa-aa-aa-ah!) imagine him adding his own lines and "thoughts" to what to do next, like a riddle :P

by the way, love this thread (reason i joined actually) as i have become addicted to the cartoons/games now :D, and this thread has made me really think about what sb could get up to

EDIT: sorry to strog bad zawesomeness - didnt check that link out till after writing mine out... lets just say i totally agree with your idea! :D
  • NeXuS1985 wrote: »
    What about emails, its all about the emails with strongbad, so why not strongbad get an email at start of an episode, (from a viewer/player) about something, and it becomes what you have to do as the player in the episode.

Think to the email cartoons like the magician one, that would be good, having to go get moneys to get the parts, rehearsing with say the cheat, cause strongbad likes to cheat, and then the actual performance.

oooor, the alternate universe one, with cheat using the blender. having to fix the mess by getting everyone back to their own dimension, obv in a convoluted way, like sabotaging their new lives in your dimension ;)

note: i dont actually mean to use the magician or alternate universe emails as eps, just to bring my idea to examples ;P

the idea could be used for whole season, but for reasons being that it could get monotonous having an email telling you what to do for each one, maybe the last episode could be that strongbads had enough of just having the email section of homestarrunner.com and decides to hijack the website :D and the parts of the episode could be taking over the different areas, like the toons, games and downloads sections, each "guarded" if you will by the other characters... with a showdown of just ideas coming to me as i write by the way ;)

other than my idea, and sorry for the long post, but i would like to see more of homsar in second season, possibly an episode where he is a support character for sb through the episode :D he prob makes me laugh more than anyone else :D (wa-aa-aa-ah!) imagine him adding his own lines and "thoughts" to what to do next, like a riddle :P

by the way, love this thread (reason i joined actually) as i have become addicted to the cartoons/games now :D, and this thread has made me really think about what sb could get up to

EDIT: sorry to strog bad zawesomeness - didnt check that link out till after writing mine out... lets just say i totally agree with your idea! :D

It's cool and thanks.
  • I just thought of a new idea. We send the e-mail at the beggining of the game and we choose certain words to put in certain places and upon SB reading the e-mail chaanges the plot making the game different every time.
  • edited April 2009
    The best way they could handle a play-as-Homestar episode would be for it to be a surprise. The episode would start as normal, and when gameplay begins, both Strong Bad and Homestar are in the same room. However, when the player clicks anywhere in the room, it's Homestar who moves. After a brief moment of Homestar moving, the music stops, there's a record scratch noise, and a cutscene begins with Strong Bad being shocked and protesting that he should be the hero.
  • edited April 2009
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    and a cutscene begins with Strong Bad being shocked and protesting that he should be the HERO.

he dosen't want to be the hero, he just wants to be the main character.
  • edited April 2009
    Litigation Jackson 3.
  • edited April 2009
    Maybe they couls have one where The KOT eats some kind of buttered vampire bats and becomes a vampire and it's up to Strong Bad to save all of the blood-thirsty inhabitants of Free Country USA! I've also e-mailed TBC with my idea for a halloween cartoon, but I think that this would work much better.
  • edited April 2009
    Or how about something based on this fanmade game called "Thy Stinkoman?"
  • edited April 2009
    duduman56 wrote: »
    Or how about something based on this fanmade game called "Thy Stinkoman?"

Get thy powercrunch
  • edited April 2009
    I think most of these ideas are interesting but people need to know if there will be a second series of SBCG4AP. i have only played the first 2 games and i think Strong Bad is the best. someone please find out if they are doing a second series.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.