Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - PC and Xbox Live Arcade this Spring!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited March 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Hey hey, there's an announcement! Find out more in the blog.

Snip here:

wg_heretheycome-blog.jpg
The Blog wrote:
We have two excellent pieces of Wallace & Gromit news to share. The first is that in addition to PC, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures will be appearing on Xbox Live Arcade. (Woo!)

We've long believed that XBLA is an excellent platform for episodic games, and we're super excited to be making our debut* with Wallace & Gromit. We even designed a new UI specifically for the Xbox controls. Before long you'll see for yourself, but for the moment you'll have to take my word for it that this series is shaping up to be Telltale's most cinematic endeavor yet.

Again, check out the full story in the Telltale Blog.

Find out more about the game on the Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures website.

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Wow! That's just when I planned to buy one! April! Hip hip hooray!
  • edited February 2009
    aww, not on playstation network?
  • edited February 2009
    Can't wait to try out this new, promising series.
    Thank you for all the fun and joy you bring us, Telltale! Keep on rockin'.
  • edited February 2009
    ok thats awesome i may need to buy it twice now, are the eu releases of the xbox version gonna be released at the same time as in america?
  • edited February 2009
    and also link fail to the blog, nice use of your fb page too
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    patters wrote: »
    and also link fail to the blog, nice use of your fb page too

Vague sarcasm detected. Please explain what you mean.
  • edited February 2009
    David E wrote: »

The bottom link to the blog originally didn't work right, but it's been fixed now.
  • edited February 2009
    Xbox Live Arcade, huh? Interesting.

I'm definitely using my laptop for Telltale games, though. Achievements won't draw me away from the season subscription model(buying all the episodes separately is a pain for me), a mouse or touchpad, and the disc at the end of the season.
  • edited February 2009
    David E wrote: »

i meant the announcement being on facebook quickly (i'm on that more these days than any other site), and the bottom link went to a picture of the image just above it but now it has been fixed.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Ah. Okay, I was afraid something was wrong with the post and couldn't spot what it was. Thanks for the clarification :)
  • edited February 2009
    This must be bad news day. I really wanted to play this one on the wii.
  • edited February 2009
    Seriously though, any hope for a PS3 version down the road? Got a Wii and a PS3, was hoping I'd be covered for the console versions. :(
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    We're launching on PC and XBLA, but that doesn't mean Wallace & Gromit (or any of our games!) won't come to other platforms in the future. We want our games available in as many places as possible, and Wii and PS3 are both platforms we're interested in. :D

(Also, don't forget we're working on Sam & Max Season Two for Wii right now!)
  • edited February 2009
    there is only one way that I can forgive you for joining the dark side...
    and that is an eventual wii port.

Seriously, Xbox? I know you guys are working hard on porting this, and have much time and effort invested, but, XBOX players are quick/instant action halo 3 shoot em up people. In short, they aren't smart enough for a point and click! (that's why microsoft never ported a flight sim to it)

I wont complain about controls, because I trust telltale, and know that they will make it work. :)

EDIT: Oh, wait, Emily posted what I wanted to hear while I typed this. :)
  • edited February 2009
    natlinxz wrote: »
    Seriously, Xbox? I know you guys are working hard on porting this, and have much time and effort invested, but, XBOX players are quick/instant action halo 3 shoot em up people. In short, they aren't smart enough for a point and click! (that's why microsoft never ported a flight sim to it)
    What now?

RPGs like Elder Scrolls IV, Fallout 3, Mass Effect?

Civilization: Revolution?

I mean, how is your generalization better than "Wii? lol they only play party games duh"?

There is no "dark side". I play games on a PC and with consoles. Just like I toast bread with a toaster. I don't care what brand of toaster you use to make breakfast, and I don't care what brand of game machine you use to play games.

If I like the same game as you, what does it matter that I use the Sony Xcube or the Microsoft 64? It's the same game, and we both love it. Our reasons for liking it are probably similar, too. So whether it's one box or another that it's on, there is no "Dark Side". That's just silly. You can say "Hey, I like this game box because _____", but when you go on to say that XBOX players are cavemen who want to blow stuff up, you're putting too much identity into a box that at the end of the day shouldn't be any more divisive than your brands of toaster.
  • edited February 2009
    natlinxz wrote: »
    there is only one way that I can forgive you for joining the dark side...
    and that is an eventual wii port.

I wont complain about controls, because I trust telltale, and know that they will make it work. :)

EDIT: Oh, wait, Emily posted what I wanted to hear while I typed this. :)

haha the 360 is the only console this gen that is ideal for all genres (ps3 fps are horrid cos of the shoulder triggers)

the reason microsoft didnt port fs is cos the controller hasnt got enough buttons. also telltale have already had a game on 360 (csi4).

oh another question; will it have a control scheme like broken sword 3 on xbox or a mouse like broken sword 2 on ps1
  • edited February 2009
    haha the 360 is the only console this gen that is ideal for all genres (ps3 fps are horrid cos of the shoulder triggers)

the reason microsoft didnt port fs is cos the controller hasnt got enough buttons. also telltale have already had a game on 360 (csi4).

oh another question; will it have a control scheme like broken sword 3 on xbox or a mouse like broken sword 2 on ps1

Actually, our beloved 360 is terrible with fighting games, due to a less-than-optimal directional pad. Anything that relies heavily on a D-Pad doesn't play well on the console at all. It works, for example, when games use it to toggle between things every once and awhile. But since fighters rely on the thing for combo creation, it just doesn't work that well.
  • edited February 2009
    Actually, our beloved 360 is terrible with fighting games, due to a less-than-optimal directional pad. Anything that relies heavily on a D-Pad doesn't play well on the console at all. It works, for example, when games use it to toggle between things every once and awhile. But since fighters rely on the thing for combo creation, it just doesn't work that well.

hence you have a joystick
  • edited February 2009
    hence you have a joystick
    Joysticks are not really appropriate substitutes, especially for complicated combos that require fast precision for entry.
  • edited February 2009
    Joysticks are not really appropriate substitutes, especially for complicated combos that require fast precision for entry.

i so meant an arcade stick which is a type of joystick really
  • edited February 2009
    Can someone explain to an Australian what months are spring over there?

Also theres not much on the psn right now so telltale could really clean up with an episodic series on it i think.. I really don't know much about the technical differences between ps3 and xbox though.. hopefully we'll see a ps3 port at some stage
  • edited February 2009
    Australia with your wierd seasons and all...

(it's March to June when you guys have autumn)
  • edited February 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to an Australian what months are spring over there?

Also theres not much on the psn right now so telltale could really clean up with an episodic series on it i think.. I really don't know much about the technical differences between ps3 and xbox though.. hopefully we'll see a ps3 port at some stage

If I remember correctly, their engine let them develop for PC and 360 at the start, and they modified it for the Wii. I'm not completely certain on this, but I'm pretty sure 360 and PC programming are pretty similar just by the nature of Microsoft making both, or something.
  • edited February 2009
    Gah, I wish I could get a free game..... darn. Now I want an Xbox more.
  • edited February 2009

I have a PS3. The triggers are fine.
  • edited February 2009
    Does anyone (including you wonderful Telltale staff) know if the publishing process for XBLA is tightly controlled like Wiiware or if publishers have more control on when the game is released?
  • edited February 2009
    cool! my brother has a xbox so i might get this on xbla!
  • edited February 2009
    Falzo wrote: »
    Does anyone (including you wonderful Telltale staff) know if the publishing process for XBLA is tightly controlled like Wiiware or if publishers have more control on when the game is released?

or you could realease a community game!:)

Seriously though, those community games, ewwwwwww

For a console known for it's graphics...
  • edited February 2009
    Falzo wrote: »

They are always released on Wednesdays, so probably the PC version will be released the same day. Theoretically it's up to MS and only MS to determine which Wednesday of the month they release the game, but knowing it's an episodic series they'll probably have reached an agreement already. Here's hoping for a 800 MS points price point and I might double dip.

Any chance of a big graphical boost for the XBLA release :D?
  • edited February 2009
    Any chance of a big graphical boost for the XBLA release :D?

A big graphical boost relative to what? :)
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    it's going to look gorgeous on either platform -- i see stuff almost every day that really blows me away
  • edited February 2009
    tabacco wrote: »
    A big graphical boost relative to what? :)

Maxed out PC settings, of course :D Don't get me wrong, the graphics in the screenshots are good enough and it's probably the last thing I'm looking forward to since the awesome writing will still be there, but a bit of anti-aliasing and normal mapping with a spoonful of advanced shaders never hurt anyone :p
  • edited February 2009
    *sigh*

Due to my lack of an xbox and lack of parents that will allow gaming on our computer (I've tried to reassure them that it doesn't cause problems, but to no avail), it seems as if I won't be playing this game. I was looking forward to it, too.....

Perhaps, someday, we will see a Wii disc release.
  • edited February 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    We're launching on PC and XBLA, but that doesn't mean Wallace & Gromit (or any of our games!) won't come to other platforms in the future. We want our games available in as many places as possible, and Wii and PS3 are both platforms we're interested in. :D

(Also, don't forget we're working on Sam & Max Season Two for Wii right now!)

That's good news, I hope there's not too much of a wait. I'm not going to be buying yet another console for quite a while, and I do want to play Wallace and Gromit.

Looking forward to more Sam & Max of course. :)
  • edited February 2009
    I guess there's still not an exact month. By the way, I think this could have a Way to redeem a DVD! Enter the tokens for all 5 of your games! The ones you use to enter a code for and download? Um... I'm not that familiar with Xbox Live.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Maxed out PC settings, of course :D Don't get me wrong, the graphics in the screenshots are good enough and it's probably the last thing I'm looking forward to since the awesome writing will still be there, but a bit of anti-aliasing and normal mapping with a spoonful of advanced shaders never hurt anyone :p

Our games have always supported anti-aliasing and some level of bump mapping. But yes, we've added more support for normal maps and some fancy new shader tech.
  • edited February 2009
    And you don't even want to hear about the abnormal maps.
  • edited February 2009
    Oh boy! This is great, what's the first Episode called? Will it be like Sam & Max, how you release all the episode names except the finale? Or like Strong Bad, how you release one name, and wait for the next one to come out to see the name.
  • edited February 2009
    Man, the anticipation is killing me... no, really, I think that the anticipation is really killing mweadkjndsfadsfcdmndmmmmmmmmmmmm

send... help!

Never mind, I'm fine now.

I put a spoonful of advanced shaders in my coffee once. Last time I ever do THAT!
  • edited February 2009
    Spring as in August? :p

(Its a joke.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.