Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - PC and Xbox Live Arcade this Spring!

2»

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Wait Wait Wait a second, so.... Its coming in... april? I have no idea about time conversion
  • edited February 2009
    Damn My Dad Would Not Get A PC Downlode After This Mishap I Dont Have A 360 And I Only Got SBCG4AP Because It Was For wii Sam &Max Season 1 For Wii And Season 2 On CD So I Have To Wait For The CD Damn:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • edited February 2009
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    Wait Wait Wait a second, so.... Its coming in... april? I have no idea about time conversion

spring for me is march, april and may

for others it is february, march and april
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    patters wrote: »
    spring for me is march, april and may

for others it is february, march and april

Yes, I suppose if you're in the Southern Hemisphere, "Autumn" might be more appropriate here, I think. Whatever comes after the summer season for you guys, anyway. :)
  • edited February 2009
    I'm very curious as to how a point-and-click will do with a gamepad.

Also:
    natlinxz wrote: »
    Seriously, Xbox? I know you guys are working hard on porting this, and have much time and effort invested, but, XBOX players are quick/instant action halo 3 shoot em up people. In short, they aren't smart enough for a point and click! (that's why microsoft never ported a flight sim to it)

whut.gif

Wow. Did you seriously just insinuate that anybody who owns an Xbox doesn't have the intelligence necessary to play adventure games? Or that we all own Halo 3 and only play shooters?

I'd be offended that you just called me and almost everybody I know an idiot, but the fact that you did it solely based on the fact that we own a different console than you makes the accusation so incredibly ludicrous that it's hard to respond in any way other than laughter.
  • edited February 2009
    tabacco wrote: »
    And you don't even want to hear about the abnormal maps.
    Like this?

cubeglobems6.jpg
  • edited February 2009
    tabacco wrote: »
    And you don't even want to hear about the abnormal maps.

Actually, with Telltale, I'm much more interested in them than the normal ones ;)

Glad about the news - I can hardly wait to get my paws on the first episode!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Like this?

cubeglobems6.jpg

The wordplay has collapsed in on itself. Approved.
  • edited February 2009
    Wow, awesome, can't wait. This might be the first Telltale-game I buy on a console (next to the pc-version of course, I don't want to miss the bonus disc, if there's going to be one).

But hey, does this mean I was right, back when the last Strong Bad-documentary was released? I'm talking about the first post on this page: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7510&page=2

So, again, what did I win?:)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    But hey, does this mean I was right, back when the last Strong Bad-documentary was released? I'm talking about the first post on this page: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7510&page=2

Yeah, you were right. I'm not positive whose computer that is, but it's pretty likely that Xbox 360 controller was hooked up to it so they could play W&G in the Telltale Tool.
    So, again, what did I win?:)

Our undying love and gratitude for not selling your story to the tabloids....? :p
  • edited February 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Our undying love and gratitude for not selling your story to the tabloids....? :p

I'll take it!

You're going to regret the undying-part. Man, it's nice to know that, if I'm ever going to visit the States again, I have a place to crash.
  • edited February 2009
    So your just forgetting all the non-PC gamers you attracted with the Wii release of S&M and Strong Bad? What are they supposed to do?
  • edited February 2009
    how will it be a point and click em' up adventure if you can't point nor click it up on the xbox (well, you can click, but pointings funner...)
  • edited February 2009
    So your just forgetting all the non-PC gamers you attracted with the Wii release of S&M and Strong Bad? What are they supposed to do?

I think the fact that Telltale has now got games out on Xbox360, wii & PC is a good thing. Remember its not like they are activision or EA.. It can only mean wider releases on multiple platforms in the future right?
  • edited February 2009
    Actually, they're coming BACK to the 360 users they abandoned after CSI. =p
  • edited February 2009
    i say the controls should be this:
    move caricter: left control stick
    move cursor: right control stick
    select item cursor is on: a button
    switch caricters: left or right trigger
    what do you think?:D
  • edited February 2009

Sit in a corner and cry. Then rejoice for a bit, once S&M Season 2 is released for Wii. Then sit in the corner and cry again.
  • edited February 2009
    i say the controls should be this:
    move caricter: left control stick
    move cursor: right control stick
    select item cursor is on: a button
    switch caricters: left or right trigger
    what do you think?:D

for future reference it is spelt character
  • edited February 2009
    How much would i have to pay to get TellTale to just send me a DVD with each new episode on it for the wii to my house?
    Hmmmmmmmm.....
  • edited February 2009
    I am so glad that this is coming to XBox My computer still sucks and my Nintendo wii hasnt been working lately but my new Xbox360 is working perfectly.
  • edited February 2009
    How are the controls gonna work for this? is this gonna be like a joystick/keyboard arrows type game? because I know telltales smarter than to just have the xbox controller control an arrow! although this is a pretty retro idea

EDIT: Either way I'm happy cause Im getting like 1500 from the government for a computer, etc. and I'm gonna find the best ttg game player (as the government intended) could anyone make a suggestion pretty plz, and please include a screenshot so I can see how good
  • edited February 2009
    How much would i have to pay to get TellTale to just send me a DVD with each new episode on it for the wii to my house?
    Hmmmmmmmm.....

10 million i claim 10% in fees too
  • edited February 2009
    How are the controls gonna work for this? is this gonna be like a joystick/keyboard arrows type game? because I know telltales smarter than to just have the xbox controller control an arrow! although this is a pretty retro idea

EDIT: Either way I'm happy cause Im getting like 1500 from the government for a computer, etc. and I'm gonna find the best ttg game player (as the government intended) could anyone make a suggestion pretty plz, and please include a screenshot so I can see how good

builld it yourself go for similar specs to

intel e8600
    ati 4850 or 4870 (feeling rich)
    p5q pro mobo
    as much ram as poss
    hdd, dvd/bluray decent psu

pretty much complete over kill
  • edited February 2009
    builld it yourself go for similar specs to

intel e8600
    ati 4850 or 4870 (feeling rich)
    p5q pro mobo
    as much ram as poss
    hdd, dvd/bluray decent psu

pretty much complete over kill

Woah, thats alot of words, Ill look it up, thanks
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Actually, our beloved 360 is terrible with fighting games, due to a less-than-optimal directional pad. Anything that relies heavily on a D-Pad doesn't play well on the console at all. It works, for example, when games use it to toggle between things every once and awhile. But since fighters rely on the thing for combo creation, it just doesn't work that well.

Psst. Fighting games aren't meant to be played with pads at all. Gotta get a good stick for those. ;)
  • edited February 2009
    dentbuds wrote: »
    how will it be a point and click em' up adventure if you can't point nor click it up on the xbox (well, you can click, but pointings funner...)

Grim Fandango had a good stab at it.
    Get rid of the annoying "cycle" button and replace its use by using multiple buttons if multiple things are in range, and you're there.
  • edited February 2009
    When will we get a more specific release date?
  • edited February 2009
    Jadthedog wrote: »
    When will we get a more specific release date?

not yet?
  • edited February 2009
    not yet?

Truer words were never spoken
  • edited February 2009
    Chris1 wrote: »
    Grim Fandango had a good stab at it.
    Get rid of the annoying "cycle" button and replace its use by using multiple buttons if multiple things are in range, and you're there.

The problem with the GRIME engine on GF and Escape from Monkey island was that the character had to be near an object for the player to know they could interact with it... when you only have a D-pad that is all you can really do. This limitation means that exploring these games became tedious... it took far longer to get Manny to explore a room as you had to make him walk around everywhere and see if there was anything relevant. A mouse or the Wii remote is more intuitive for the "enter a room and look around for things to interact with" that is at the core of graphical adventure gameplay.

With a modern gamepad, though, developrs can use both a D-pad and the joystick... so one can be used for character movement and the other for pointer control. Although I do feel that the Wii is perfect for the Telltale style of games there is nothing to stop a 360 or PS3 port not working really well because of this... the more platforms for these great games, the better.
    edited March 2009
    Joystiq checked out the game at Wondercon and gave us a quick but nice writeup.
  • edited March 2009
    Ok. Just read on 1up (I think) that wallace and gromitnhas been confrimed on pc xbla and wiiware. whats up with that???????????:(http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173264
  • edited March 2009
    Supagreen wrote: »
    *gobbledigook*
    Your point being - what exactly?

np: Supermayer - Hey Hotties! (Kompakt Total 9 (Disc 1))
  • edited March 2009
    It says its for wiiware!!!!!! wats up with that????????????????????????
  • edited March 2009
    Supagreen wrote: »
    It says its for wiiware!!!!!! wats up with that????????????????????????

I think one of the Telltale team has said in another thread that this is a mistake. It's very unlikely this game is coming out for WiiWare.
    edit - Found it.
    edited March 2009
    The press keeps insisting that the game is coming out for WiiWare. It is not, they are mistaken! That, my friend, is what's up with that.
  • edited March 2009
    I see it is coming out on Valve's Steam program though. I'd probably end up getting it through that.
  • edited March 2009
    Just preordered this one, have saved about $10 due to a rising Aussie dollar/falling US dollar over the past week.

Played through the demo, got used to Wallace's voice pretty quickly, I liked the shorter nature of the puzzles and the absence of tedious 'travel' involved in solving each one. This is looking to be a great series.

Also, not so much a W&G question but with the preorder, I want to give the bonus Sam & Max and Strong Bad games to my brother (I already own them), can I just give him the install file and the product key or do I need to set up an 'account' for him and then gift the games?

Ukujiku wrote: »
    I see it is coming out on Valve's Steam program though. I'd probably end up getting it through that.
    Only danger with this is lack of access to any potential 'bonus DVD' a la Sam & Max. Telltale Store is pretty good, customer service I've received has been fantastic.
  • edited March 2009
    azza29 wrote: »
    Also, not so much a W&G question but with the preorder, I want to give the bonus Sam & Max and Strong Bad games to my brother (I already own them), can I just give him the install file and the product key or do I need to set up an 'account' for him and then gift the games?

Just write to support they will be able to help you.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.