Confirmed: NOT Peter Sallis

2»

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Bryko614 wrote: »
    I'm a big W&G fan and I can tell the difference. Is it possible to up the pitch a bit for future episodes?

I've only seen the movies and the 2-minute contraptions once, but I agree, it's quite easy to tell the difference. However, I wouldn't make a judgement before completing EP1.
  • edited March 2009
    Its like any new voice actor. You're always going to be comparing him/her to the one you're used to. It'll get better as time goes on. :)

Bought the whole season only an hour ago! Can't wait! :D
  • edited March 2009
    Heh, I remember not liking the new voice for Sam very much when I first got Season 1 of Sam & Max. My opinion had changed completely by the end of Season 2 though, so I'm sure I'll get used to Wallace's new voice here. It sounds near enough the original, anyway.
  • edited March 2009
    Thanks to Mixnmojo for the tip. It is now confirmed in the latest issue of PCZone that Peter Sallis will not be voice acting Wallace in the games, and instead his official back-up actor will be taking the role.

Deep down I suspected as much (since Telltale weren't saying anything, and he's getting old now), but I'm still a tad disappointed. I'm not sure how close the other guy sounds, but I hope the difference is barely - if not at all - noticable.
    I don't know how to say "Well D'uh!" politely. Sorry.

Come on, am I the only person who tried the demo who was able to spot that it wasn't the original voice from his very first word? The guy sounds like he's struggling with an unpleasant bowel movement.

I started another thread about it where I pointed this out but I deleted some of my messages before they got any response because I thought I sounded too b!tchy. (Today I'm in a bad mood and don't care as much but rest assured I'm normally nicer).
  • edited March 2009
    Marduk wrote: »
    I don't know how to say "Well D'uh!" politely. Sorry.

Come on, am I the only person who tried the demo who was able to spot that it wasn't the original voice from his very first word? The guy sounds like he's struggling with an unpleasant bowel movement.

I started another thread about it where I pointed this out but I deleted some of my messages before they got any response because I thought I sounded too b!tchy. (Today I'm in a bad mood and don't care as much but rest assured I'm normally nicer).

So, um, you realize that the post you quoted was posted way back in February, right?
  • edited March 2009
    Kind of odd, I wasn't sold on the voice in the demo or the trailer, but in the context of the game itself he sounds fine to me.
  • edited April 2009
    I could tell it wasn't Peter Sallis, but he was close enough for me. Cute episode, TT!
  • edited April 2009
    I could tell the difference as soon as I heard Wallace say something, and I found it kind of distracting. I'm only halfway through the episode and already pretty used to it, though.

Note: I'm the person replaced all the Windows system sounds with Wallace & Gromit quotes when I was eight, so I've probably had more exposure to Wallace's voice than most people. In Sam & Max, I couldn't tell that Max had a different voice actor in Culture Shock until my third playthrough. Though I found it distracting there, too, when I noticed. Max's first line goes on forever, and that didn't help.
  • edited April 2009

So, um, you realize that the post you quoted was posted way back in February, right?

Actually, no...
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Note: I'm the person replaced all the Windows system sounds with Wallace & Gromit quotes when I was eight,

oooh! that was you?!
  • edited April 2009
    Personally I didn't see the difference between the backup actor and this one. English people are usually pretty good at keeping things original. Look at the great job they did with the Harry Potter movies.

As to quote Wallace, "Keep up the good work, lads!"
  • edited April 2009
    It may be only me, but I seem to hear out the difference between the two voices much more when Wallace is relaxed - in heated situations ("Help me, Gromiiiiiiiiiit!") they sound much more alike. Anybody else noticed this?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.