Episode names revealed!

edited March 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Gamespot put a preview of the first episode online (read it, it's good!), and they mention all the episode names. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere on this forum, so here you go:

- Fright of the Bumblebees
- The Last Resort
- Muzzled
- Boogeyman

They even say the game is ready already, so I guess we won't have to wait long to start our adventures. I can taste the honey already!
More here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/wallaceandgromitsgrandadventures/news.html?sid=6205329part=rsstag=gs_previewssubj=6205329p

Comments

• edited February 2009
    W-O-W. ANXIETY! Boy, now I'm gonna be impatient. :P
  • edited February 2009
    I posted this on Mixnmojo as well, so I'll just copy & paste my own words:

Yeah, I found this while I was searching for some impressions of the demo Telltale is showing at Wondercon. I haven't really found anything yet, except for this weird thingy, which probably is a bit useless:

"All that said, the Best of Schwag goes to Telltale Games at Booth 644 for its giveaway of a Strong Bad game to every email provided, as well as a promise for a sneak peek at Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures week after next. Tomorrow, Steve Purcell of Sam & Max fame will be at the Telltale booth live and will draw from the fishbowl of emails one lucky winner for the giant autographed sculpture of Sam & Max."

Do they mean to say the episode is going to be released the week after next week? The episode seems to be finished, so it could be possible, although I don't know how trustworthy this post is. Found it here: http://contentnow.wordpress.com/2009/02/27/wonderconbest-of-schwag-steve-purcell/
  • edited February 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    I posted this on Mixnmojo as well, so I'll just copy & paste my own words:

Yeah, I found this while I was searching for some impressions of the demo Telltale is showing at Wondercon. I haven't really found anything yet, except for this weird thingy, which probably is a bit useless:

"All that said, the Best of Schwag goes to Telltale Games at Booth 644 for its giveaway of a Strong Bad game to every email provided, as well as a promise for a sneak peek at Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures week after next. Tomorrow, Steve Purcell of Sam & Max fame will be at the Telltale booth live and will draw from the fishbowl of emails one lucky winner for the giant autographed sculpture of Sam & Max."

Do they mean to say the episode is going to be released the week after next week? The episode seems to be finished, so it could be possible, although I don't know how trustworthy this post is. Found it here: http://contentnow.wordpress.com/2009/02/27/wonderconbest-of-schwag-steve-purcell/
    I read it as more 'the episode will be in a playable state by the week after next.'
    So, there's probably some bug/playtesting to go through before it's actually released.
  • edited February 2009
    I think that means we'll be getting some more media, maybe something juicy this time like a gameplay trailer showing off the controls. When a game is about to be released on XBLA its page is uploaded to the Marketplace website detailing what it's about and how many players can play, resolutions, etc. So when that's up we'll know the game is close, if it hasn't been announced here yet.
  • edited February 2009
    I notice most of the press for the game appears to be about the Xbox 360 version. Any chance of some information on how the PC game will control? Surprised that all the episode names have been revealed though, although I suppose they don't reveal much about the plot.
  • edited February 2009
    I notice most of the press for the game appears to be about the Xbox 360 version. Any chance of some information on how the PC game will control? Surprised that all the episode names have been revealed though, although I suppose they don't reveal much about the plot.

Well, I guess everyone is pumped up about Telltale going to Xbox so they release more information about that one, because everyone has heard of PC before, but I still think PC is a better version. Plot also, well like every Episode, they are released when it's time for the next Episode.
  • edited March 2009
    1s5ng-ca845420d343234b30344cee4c3a304f.49aaed46.jpg

Telltale's twitter says the following about this picture:

"Emily and alex doing the noon demo"

Is this part of the Wallace & Gromit-demo? It's on Telltale's stand, and Emily is holding the 360-controller, and you can sort of make out Gromit, if you half-close your eyes and really want to...
  • edited March 2009
    I attended wondercon and saw previews of all the episodes and I think the title was bogeyman because it was a golf themed episode.
  • edited March 2009
    I attended wondercon and saw previews of all the episodes and I think the title was bogeyman because it was a golf themed episode.

Ah, excellent. Can you give us a little more information? Anything that was especially cool, or what you thought of Wallace's voice?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    You are only really hearing about the 360 version because I believe that's all we are showing at the moment. All will come out in due time.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Curiosity slayed! The episode titles, with proper formatting and getting-them-right...ing are:

Fright of the Bumblebees
    The Last Resort
    Muzzled!
    The Bogey Man
  • edited March 2009
    So:

-Episode 1, as we know, is about Wallace and Gromit on a wild and probably stupidly complex new occupation regarding bee honey.

-Episode 2 is likely about a resort of the vacation variety.

-Muzzled! obviously has something to do with Gromit. Not much to guess from there. He was muzzled during A Matter of Loaf and Death, and that somewhat limited him. Are we going to have a limitation in a usual gameplay mechanic that we usually have with a not-trapped Gromit mouth?

-And as littlequietguy whispered, Bogey Man is about golf.
  • edited March 2009
    Regarding episode 2, I do think it has something to do with vacation resorts. Remember this little piece of art?

ConceptArt_guests.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Are we going to have a limitation in a usual gameplay mechanic that we usually have with a not-trapped Gromit mouth?

When have you actually seen Gromit's mouth?
  • edited March 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    What are you talking about? I see his mouth animated every time he talks.
  • edited March 2009
    They say only 4 episodes planned so far? S and M season 1 was 6 episodes, Season 2 and Sbcg4ap was 5 episodes. Is this really going to be 4 episodes? I'm afraid Sam and Max S3 might be 3 episodes :eek:

Seriously, i find 5 episodes to be fair for a serie of games of this nature. 6 was too much.
  • edited March 2009
    MussKatt wrote: »
    They say only 4 episodes planned so far? S and M season 1 was 6 episodes, Season 2 and Sbcg4ap was 5 episodes. Is this really going to be 4 episodes? I'm afraid Sam and Max S3 might be 3 episodes :eek:

Seriously, i find 5 episodes to be fair for a serie of games of this nature. 6 was too much.

the episodes are much more substantial though, we are led to believe
  • edited March 2009

Well there was a split second in the Wrong Trousers, he's eating cereal, I always seem to be doing something, or my pause button stops working when he's about to put the spoon in "said mouth". Fluffles has a mouth (Matter of Load and Death),
    When she bites Piella or however you spell it
    , she has a mouth, but I'm guessing Gromit's mouth will only show when he's eating or about to bite someone, just like what Fluffles did.
  • edited March 2009
    Hey all! I found this screenshot of the demo Telltale was running at Wondercon.

3321853582_805224e9d8.jpg?v=0

Why does the game run in a window, on a PC? I thought you only showed the 360-version?

And where are the icons of Texas Hold Em and CSI? Don't turn into Lucasarts, be proud of your history;)
  • edited March 2009
    OOOOO! Looks awesome Telltale, now all we need is the full version released to everyone!
  • edited March 2009

3321853582_805224e9d8.jpg?v=0

Why does the game run in a window, on a PC? I thought you only showed the 360-version?

And where are the icons of Texas Hold Em and CSI? Don't turn into Lucasarts, be proud of your history;)

dev kit probably
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    I wasn't at Wondercon, but I assume we were running it out of our development tool on the PC, using the Xbox360 controller.
  • edited March 2009

Sorry to be a loser, but nice choice on the font for subtitles.
  • edited March 2009
    Sorry to be a loser, but nice choice on the font for subtitles.

it really is, it's going to look great all round i believe
  • edited March 2009
    patters wrote: »
    it really is, it's going to look great all round i believe

It's true, the way it looks, says to people, that's Wallace & Gromit fonts, cause it looks like it.
    edited March 2009
    Ooh dorky font talk! The subtitles are:

fdcfpfont02.gif

From Font Diner, one of my favorite type foundries! Seemed to evoke the spirit of the W&G logo, while being a bit blocker and easier to read at small sizes.
  • edited March 2009
    Curiosity slayed! The episode titles, with proper formatting and getting-them-right...ing are:

Fright of the Bumblebees
    The Last Resort
    Muzzled!
    The Bogey Man

ONLY 4?!?!? Each season keeps getting shorter, I mean I can handle 1 less episode, but if Sam and Max 3 is 4 episodes, well Im not happy abour that
  • edited March 2009
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    ONLY 4?!?!? Each season keeps getting shorter, I mean I can handle 1 less episode, but if Sam and Max 3 is 4 episodes, well I'm not happy about that

Longer Episodes! Wallace & Gromit will be longer and more fun, but I will be disappointed if they limit it down to 3 or less Episodes.
  • edited March 2009
    The episodes are perfect lenght as it is!
    I guess they are perhaps drifting away from the episodic concept.
    Still, i'm sure it will be awesome!
    Can't wait for more info.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    We're definitely not drifting away from episodic content - it's what the company was built for, and it's our bread and butter!

With each series, we try to make decisions about the structure based on what's best for the stories we're trying to tell. The fact that we're doing four episodes with Wallace & Gromit doesn't mean that's now the new standard for all of our series, but it's the structure that felt right for this franchise.

Keep in mind, these games will essentially be Wallace & Gromit films that you can play. In the 20 years that Wallace & Gromit have been kicking around, Aardman has done four short W&G films and one feature length film. And now we're coming out with four interactive films in the span of a few months! It really is a lot of Wallace & Gromit content, and we think fans of the franchise will be happy with our approach. :)
  • edited March 2009
    Are more episodes for a Sam and Max season still in consideration then? I don't really feel right with the four episode number for a Sam and Max season. Five episodes seemed to really aid in making Season 2 near-perfect.
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    We're definitely not drifting away from episodic content - it's what the company was built for, and it's our bread and butter!

With each series, we try to make decisions about the structure based on what's best for the stories we're trying to tell. The fact that we're doing four episodes with Wallace & Gromit doesn't mean that's now the new standard for all of our series, but it's the structure that felt right for this franchise.

Keep in mind, these games will essentially be Wallace & Gromit films that you can play. In the 20 years that Wallace & Gromit have been kicking around, Aardman has done four short W&G films and one feature length film. And now we're coming out with four interactive films in the span of a few months! It really is a lot of Wallace & Gromit content, and we think fans of the franchise will be happy with our approach. :)

Hey Hi Emily. I'm glad to know i was wrong.

Given this piece of info i am understanding of the 4 episodes decision.

That said, i am not a fan of the Wallace and Gromit franchise, but only because i really know nothing about it. That's part of what i like about TellTale. I came here for Sam and Max, but i learned of Strong bad, and now this. It's awesome. I hope you guys come up with information soon and also maybe release one episode. You are the only adventure game company i trust. Can't wait.

Oh and, what ever happened to the Bone games? I see there are only two of those. Was that always meant to be this way? Just curious, these are your only games i don't own yet.
  • edited March 2009
    Nice. Anyway, why has the Wallace and Gromit posting area moved up?
    edited March 2009
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    Nice. Anyway, why has the Wallace and Gromit posting area moved up?

Its the new business is why!
  • edited March 2009
    interactive films

I do declare.
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah, my hope for Sam and Max any time soon have been brutally smashed.
  • edited March 2009

So these games are like the WnG shorts, as opposed to how SnM is like an interactive sitcom...

neat!
  • edited March 2009
    [W]e try to make decisions about the structure based on what's best for the stories we're trying to tell.

If only more entertainment companies did this.
  • edited March 2009
    Link to an interesting interview with Emily on the blog: http://www.themarriedgamers.net/?p=1346

Emily gives quite a lot of details, including a lot of scenes from the first episode (and even a little information about later ones, episode 2 will have Wallace & Gromit opening a beach resort in their basement, episode 3 will revolve around a theme park, and as speculated, episode 4 will revolve around some sort of golf course.

A few interesting facts (listen for yourself, it's worth it): when the first episode will be released will depend on Microsoft's schedule. Within the next 2, 3 months. After that episodes will be 4 - 6 weeks apart.
    Another point of interest is the fact that there will be no dialogue-trees in the game. You can talk to people (as Wallace), but you can't choose what to say. All the previous titles in the Telltale-catalog have been rather conversation-heavy, so I curious to see this approach. I guess it's appriopiate, seeing as how the movies always had more of a 'slapstick' kind of humor (compared to something like Sam & Max, where the dialogue is 66% of the fun).

The part about Gromit giving you his famous looks when you try something stupid sounds great.:)
  • edited March 2009
    Did you notice that when Emily talks about the hint-system, both interviewers agree that they wished to have that in the other games and the games would tell them what to do? Obviously they haven't played S2 of "Sam & Max"...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.