Episode names revealed!

2»

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    After that episodes will be 4 - 6 weeks apart.

This is the one thing in the interview I wish I'd said differently. I was trying to give an example of how our games come out on a regular schedule, but we're still nailing down the actual schedule for W&G. Sometimes in interviews you wish there was a "redo" button. (What I mean is, W&G will release on a schedule, for sure, and it'll be similar to what you're used to with our other series. I just don't want someone coming back to this interview later and saying "But Emily promised it would be like this!" :o)

The scenes I described are mainly in the demo. It may have sounded like a lot, but I don't think I gave too much away. :)

Last thing - I played through the first episode from beginning to end last night. I'd played it before but not since before the holidays, and it's much more polished now. Man, are you guys in for a treat. What a great game. I love how each of Telltale's series has a really different feel, depending on the franchise. This feels like a Wallace & Gromit game through and through. And Gromit's expressions are priceless. :D
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    And Gromit's expressions are priceless. :D

Why must you tease us like this?

I can't wait to see a preview
  • edited March 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Another point of interest is the fact that there will be no dialogue-trees in the game. You can talk to people (as Wallace), but you can't choose what to say.

I'll admit it, this really puts me off. I don't want to just be watching a 'film', I want to input into what the characters say to each other.
  • edited March 2009
    It does sound strange, but maybe it's an interesting mechanic. I think it's simply the fact that there are no middle answers, but maybe you can choose what to talk about similar to Strong Bad.

By the way, starting March 18th XBox Live will be having the "Days of Arcade", meaning six weeks with anticipated releases like The Dishwasher or Outrun Online. W&G (or Sam & Max for that matter) is not part of it, so unless it's released next week we're not likely to see it until May.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    I'll admit it, this really puts me off. I don't want to just be watching a 'film', I want to input into what the characters say to each other.

Don't assume you know everything until you play the game. I don't know if I can explain how the dialog system does work, but there still is one :)
  • edited March 2009
    Falzo wrote: »
    Why must you tease us like this?

I can't wait to see a preview

Post a picture of one of his famous faces, PUH-LEASSSSE?????
  • edited March 2009
    And as littlequietguy whispered, Bogey Man is about golf.

Sounds like it'll be sub-par. *rimshot*
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah, my hope for Sam and Max any time soon have been brutally smashed.

"It's the new business" doesn't mean "wave bye-bye to every single other franchise we've ever done, because by the end of our Five-Year Sell-Out Plan we'll be disavowing knowledge of their existences". They've re-ordered the forums in order of priority. Below the Wallace & Gromit forum are the Sam & Max forums, which is consistent with the existing implication that S&M S3 is their next project after this one. Besides, Telltale's development of W&G and S&M3 will probably be independent of Microsoft's approval process, meaning that they'll still keep working on whatever they're working on while Microsoft's deciding whether submitted episodes are worthy of being added to XBLA.
  • edited March 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Ah, excellent. Can you give us a little more information? Anything that was especially cool, or what you thought of Wallace's voice?

Pretty good no complaints. Muzzled had the dog that was seen in the concept art. I asked the person showing the demo if their would be an equivalent to sbcg4ap's Teen girl squad and he said "no this game will be more story based"
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    And Gromit's expressions are priceless. :D

I'm having very high hopes on this subject, now - for me, it's 50% of the charm of the series :)
  • edited March 2009
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    "It's the new business" doesn't mean "wave bye-bye to every single other franchise we've ever done, because by the end of our Five-Year Sell-Out Plan we'll be disavowing knowledge of their existences". They've re-ordered the forums in order of priority. Below the Wallace & Gromit forum are the Sam & Max forums, which is consistent with the existing implication that S&M S3 is their next project after this one. Besides, Telltale's development of W&G and S&M3 will probably be independent of Microsoft's approval process, meaning that they'll still keep working on whatever they're working on while Microsoft's deciding whether submitted episodes are worthy of being added to XBLA.

I was just saying I was hoping for early '09, but that doesn't seem likely now. I didn't mean I thought they weren't going to make it any more. And what does S&M 3 have to do with Microsoft? I hope they don't become completely X-Box centered.
  • edited March 2009
    I was just saying I was hoping for early '09, but that doesn't seem likely now. I didn't mean I thought they weren't going to make it any more. And what does S&M 3 have to do with Microsoft? I hope they don't become completely X-Box centered.

I was saying that no matter how long they have to wait for Microsoft to approve the W&G episodes and put them up on XBLA, they'll still keep working on their next episode and on preparations for S&M3, which will probably become the next major priority once W&G episode 4 is finished.

As for the early/mid '09 S&M release, I don't think that was ever even remotely likely from the moment Telltale got the license to make their W&G series.
  • edited March 2009
    In my 4 second preview of The Bogeyman at Wondercon it looks like I saw that pair of robotic pants from the first 3 cartoons. Except this time it looks more like a pair of robotic golf pants.
  • edited March 2009
    I can't wait for the games to come out. I wonder if they will make a second season for the Strong Bad Games the first season was awesome.:D I wonder if they will ever continue the bone series. The books were really good:confused:
  • edited March 2009
    In my 4 second preview of The Bogeyman at Wondercon it looks like I saw that pair of robotic pants from the first 3 cartoons. Except this time it looks more like a pair of robotic golf pants.

The Techno Trousers! I pray for the return of the classic 'voo-vweep thtup voo-vweep thtup' ('vwee thtup vwee thtup' when they pick up the pace a little) sound effects from The Wrong Trousers.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.