Bad Brain Reveals Plans!

13»

Comments

• edited December 2004
    We have to name this marketing technique. How about "Fanbase Looting".
  • edited December 2004
    It's kind of disturbing to think that a site that just got put up not all that long ago would be full of fanboys already. (Stops.. thinks... looks around.. backs away slowly).

Hey, I'll have you know that there's at least a couple fangirls around here. ;) Anyway, moving on now...

JP, I think your argument is spot-on. Ever since they started with this posturing I've been suspicious of them. I really hope this isn't a publicity stunt, since there are people (myself included) who would really like to see a Sam & Max sequel hit the shelves, and I don't particularly want to see Autumn Moon associated with a company that would pull a slimy stunt like that, either. As thrilled as I am that Autumn Moon finally has a publisher...something about these guys just doesn't sit right with me.
  • edited December 2004
    All this "hype" is boring me. Who's making Sam and Max, who's not making Sam and Max... It seems like Bad-Brain is trying to replace S&M with TO4. It makes me despise LA so much more for being totally jewish.
  • edited December 2004
    I keep wondering why, in that Inventory interview, Bill Tiller referred people to Dan Connors about the development status of Freelance Police. Now, granted, the summary on Dan at this site is quite brief, and I really know very little about the former team, but I've never read anything about his being part of the game. Perhaps Tiller is referring to Telltale as a whole? I dunno. Maybe I'm reading too far into it. This whole Bad-Brain fiasco would make infinitely more sense to me if I found out Telltale, or some other LA-based connection, was involved. I really am doing everything I can to try and believe these things Bad-Brain is saying. If Freelance Police is finished by the people who started it then, well, that would simply be awesome. But whether Bad-Brain is lying or telling the truth, they need to stop fucking around. If you've got serious negotiations going on, then quit it with the stupid puzzles and wait until the legal situation allows you to give us something worth reading. I think I speak for a lot of Sam & Max fans when I say that we've experienced quite enough sequel snafus since 2001 to deserve better treatment than this. I'm more willing to wait for real news than to put up with these retarded games.
  • edited December 2004
    ^ What he said.
  • edited December 2004
    We have to name this marketing technique. How about "Fanbase Looting".

I quite like kierdorfing, myself. ;)
  • edited December 2004
    udvarnoky..exactly right..if you cant say anything whats with all these ridiculous puzzles? the whole bad brain situation just doesnt add up for me unfortunately..we've been bent over and keidorfed!! :((
  • edited December 2004
    It almost reminds me of that "free gift" before you have to sit down at a time share meeting for the rest of the day. In this case, the free gifts are the puzzles Jesus cant even figure out, and the meeting is going to last at least another year or so.
  • edited December 2004
    Well, I finally posted on the Bad-Brain forum, making my views on their hype etc known.

Overhype & Bad-Brain. "Forget about the dog and the Rabbit"?

If anyone's signed on there and agrees with my points, I'd love some support, as I can see the Bad-Brain fanboys not taking too kindly to what I wrote...
    You got my support. What's going on is just a little too shameless. Let's kick some (new) corporate ass, for sake of better treatment of adventure gamers...
  • edited December 2004
    that puzzle stuff [ed] sux!

Bad Brain has to stop that "kierdorfing"

those Crazy Germans :D

did you know Germans dont have much humpr :p
    only funny german thing is Bernie Und Ert :D
  • edited December 2004
    I really don't think this is all some giant publicity stunt or something. Bad Brain is probably just over enthusiastic. And while the Sam & Max comment was in poor taste they probably were just making a little joke and weren't think that it would offend anyone.
  • edited December 2004
    It has to be a publicity stunt. It earnt them a place on the map. Hadn't there ever been that slip of the tongue comment they would still be no namers. And what better place to announce it than a forum party where they had the adventure gaming communities attention.
  • edited December 2004
    Who cares if they post hints or not on their website, you can choose to not try to solve them. Better with lots of Sam&Max2 hype, than none at all, no? You seem like you'd be happier if noone was talking about the game still. Hehe.

Let's just cross our fingers.
  • edited December 2004
    yawn.
    running in circles isn't going to help. Relax there is plenty more that we could talk about other then. " is it sam and max?", "oh boy I think it's sam and max","hey I think that malformed tag in their html code means sam and max is coming out". yadda yadda. I hate to see people waste their time on things they have no control over anyway.
  • edited December 2004
    Better with lots of Sam&Max2 hype, than none at all, no? You seem like you'd be happier if noone was talking about the game still. Hehe.

Well, I can't speak for JP and whatnot...but personally, if this all turns out to be a big publicity stunt, then yes, I'd rather there'd be no Sam & Max 2 hype. I want hype when we can actually stand a chance of getting the game, not vaporware.
  • edited December 2004
    Well, I can't speak for JP and whatnot...but personally, if this all turns out to be a big publicity stunt, then yes, I'd rather there'd be no Sam & Max 2 hype. I want hype when we can actually stand a chance of getting the game, not vaporware.

News equals Hype equals Interest equals Revenue equals Imminent rights-retrieval equals Game release equals Happy us.
  • edited December 2004
    you forgot e equals mc squared.

on another note, what is the status of the same people doing the voices of sam and max? it always sucks when you're used to something and they change it. like ren and stimpy for example.
  • edited December 2004
    yeah if it wasn't voiced by the same people it wouldn't be the same. Like when they changed the voices for dragonball a million times or ranma or when they changed magneto's voice on xmen. It's always interesting when they reuse voice actors too from game to game/series. megumi hayashibara has been the voice for so much stuff it't not even funny.
  • edited December 2004
    didnt they get the same people from hit the road to do the voices for freelance police?
  • edited December 2004
    They were using the same actors. In fact, last December there was a sneak peak at one of the voice recording sessions for the game, and the lucky guy got to meet Bill Farmer, Nick Jameson, and Mike Stemmle. They also supposedly got to view a new, longer trailer that was supposed to be released *soon.* :((
  • edited December 2004
    I feel sorry for you :((
  • edited January 2005
    BB is just fooling around.

They would'nt mention Sam and max 2 as much as they had and then just replace it with some unknown game called The Orgastic 4 AND tell us to forget about the dog and the rabbit.

It is TOO weird.

Mix that with BB's special liking for jokes and puzzles.

Or maybe I just like Andy Kaufman too much. B-)
  • edited January 2005
    Well, somethings happening...

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=6612
    http://www.aventuraycia.com/new.php

Keeping up our good relationships between Bad Brain Entertainment and Aventura y C?(something that begun with some telephonic chatting and the interview we published some days ago), this humble website is proud today to announce as a world exclusive what Wolfgang Kierdorf himself has just sent to us, which is transcripted right next:

"Bad Brain Entertainment just announced, that negotiations with LucasArts about a yet unknown title have come to an end. Speculations are, that this title is the much anticipated Sam & Max 2 which was set on hold by Lucas Arts last year. Bad Brain Entertainment will announce details about the title and the negotiations later today. "

Although we at Aventura y C?know more details about these negotiations, our agreements with the german company and our young friendship with its CEO prevent us from revealing any more info until we are allowed to. We promise though that you will be the very first to know about this as soon as it's possible.

Until then, we want to make sure you know about the opening a few weeks ago of the on-line shop of Bad-Brain Entertainment, which currently features merchandising products on I-Jet,The orgastic Four and A Vampyre Story.

:-/
  • edited January 2005
    If you ask me, it seems as if Bad Brain is full of hot air and has been from the very beginning.

I think all this talk of Sam and Max has just been a cruel torture to all us fans just to stir up publicity for their other up-coming games. That's pretty shifty.

And who knows if they'll even do a good job? We haven't seen any of their games yet...
  • edited January 2005
    It had to have been a stunt for sure. They hooked up fans way before there was the right to a franchise. Whether it was intentional or not, it still bought in the fans. Would any of us know about Bad-Brain if they hadn't. Probably, but they wouldn't have nearly as much press, and telltale would be kicking their butt. They couldn't climb the corporate ladder without a little boost, so instead they started promising this and that, misleading the humble adventure gamer. Then when the time is right they drop the bomb. Making us loathe LucasArts,(even more), and see bad-brain as the unsung hero.
This discussion has been closed.