Clementine's hat is infact... purple/indigo. (UPDATED) [PROOF]

Alt text Alt text Alt text

This question has been floating around for a long time.
So, to finally answer that question... It's goes to purple or indigo.

Alt text

Season 1 Version:

Alt text

Normal lighting:

Alt text

Comments

• Son of a bitch. Welp, @JonGon, you were right.

• Uh... doesn't everyone already know this?

• edited August 2014
    #JonGonWasRight
  • People mistake it as blue.

prink34320 posted: »

Uh... doesn't everyone already know this?

• Although, wait, this is the faded S2 model, right? Any chance we could see the S1 version?

• Oh? I didn't know that xd

People mistake it as blue.

• Oh well oh boy I can rest easily now. :P

• The S1 Version will be up soon :D

DomeWing333 posted: »

Although, wait, this is the faded S2 model, right? Any chance we could see the S1 version?

• I still think it's Navy/Dark Blue probably with the elements the color faded we don't know how old the hat is.

Alt text

• I also think it's faded blue, as in Season 1, it still looks more like blue to me.

I don't think Ed bought a purple hat for himself. Well, you never know, maybe he always intended Clem to keep it.

I still think it's Navy/Dark Blue probably with the elements the color faded we don't know how old the hat is.

• It's purple... someone ask Tell Tale if they know :3

• Here is the Season 1 version.

Alt text

• Hmm, I have the same issue with that lighting that I had with the in game light. It looks like it's shifted towards the warmer end of the color spectrum. Looking at just the back of the hat,though, I'd probably still say that's purple. Although, "indigo" is probably the better word for it.

Here is the Season 1 version.

• So it's purple/indigo.

Hmm, I have the same issue with that lighting that I had with the in game light. It looks like it's shifted towards the warmer end of the co

• Anything dark blue will look purple in fluorescent light.

• Yep. In the normal lighting picture, the brim seems distinctly more towards purple but crown can really only be called indigo. Regardless, Telltale's vibrant-blue Clem hat is dead wrong.

So it's purple/indigo.

• With normal lighting, it still looks purple or indigo.

Ascari posted: »

Anything dark blue will look purple in fluorescent light.

• It looks dark purple...

• This is my hat off etsy, i think its alot more accurate than telltales version.
    photo Snapshot_20140823_zpsd0364ff3.jpg

Its clearly dark blue/navy
    This is it with the brightness up - it turns purple!

photo Snapshot_20140823_zpsbb6d9a59.jpg

I dont know what colour its supposed to be but im happy with this version

• When has JonGon said that? He told me he thought the real colour was dark blue.

Son of a bitch. Welp, @JonGon, you were right.

• It kinda looks dark purple then purple to me.

tallay posted: »

This is my hat off etsy, i think its alot more accurate than telltales version. Its clearly dark blue/navy This is it with the brightness up - it turns purple! I dont know what colour its supposed to be but im happy with this version

• CodPatrol posted: »

When has JonGon said that? He told me he thought the real colour was dark blue.

• I can't see anything saying he thinks it's purple.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/71552/clem039s-hat-is-ugly-not-the-in-game-one

• edited August 2014

Looks purple to me too...

I'm looking at a playthrough right now and it still looks purple ;-; maybe i'm color blind...

Same process. Maybe increasing the brightness fucks it up but I always see and get purple.

CodPatrol posted: »

I can't see anything saying he thinks it's purple.

• Pfft..it ain't accurate!... The D is in reverse.

This is my hat off etsy, i think its alot more accurate than telltales version. Its clearly dark blue/navy This is it with the brightness up - it turns purple! I dont know what colour its supposed to be but im happy with this version

• That would be my cameras fault. It's the right way round in reality.

Pfft..it ain't accurate!... The D is in reverse.

• The evidence is too much!

First thing we ever see of Clementine is her painting. (She uses purple paint)

Alt text

Most neutral lighting I could find.

Alt text

Her backpack was pinkish/purple.

Alt text

Same with her lighter.

Alt text

And the one to end it all is her outfit for season 2 -_- Guess what Clem's favorite color is? purple!

Alt text

So idk why Telltale would give out obviously blue hats :/

Alt text

• The quality looks much better!

That would be my cameras fault. It's the right way round in reality.

• That's why if I was gonna buy a Clementine hat I'd get one of the more expensive ones from Etsy. Much more accurate and detailed.

JonGon posted: »

The evidence is too much! First thing we ever see of Clementine is her painting. (She uses purple paint) Most neutral lighting I c

• Even the ones I gave away are more accurate.

Alt text

Hazzer posted: »

That's why if I was gonna buy a Clementine hat I'd get one of the more expensive ones from Etsy. Much more accurate and detailed.

• Maybe it's just to add variety?

JonGon posted: »

The evidence is too much! First thing we ever see of Clementine is her painting. (She uses purple paint) Most neutral lighting I c

• I wished she stopped wearing it in Amid The Ruins. Losing that hat is symbolic of losing her past, and that's why the episode's slide looked so striking.

She might lose it in No Going Back, but her head's going to get colder much faster.

• Sorry to bump an old thread but here’s what I think:
    S1: Indigo/purple
    S2: clearly navy blue
    S3: royal/navy mix
    S4: navy

If you look at the attachment, that’s the S2 Hat. I think as the games went on, the hats colour progressively moved towards navy blue. Hell even skybound’s merch is a blue cap released for season 2.

For some reason I can’t attach photos so just look up S2 Clem for proof

• edited June 2019

Ya don't say?

Hi Megumi!

• This thread has been raised back from the dead, still not a world record tho. World record necro thread was from 10+ years, and I forgot which forum it was on.

• edited June 2019

I did one one the poker forum but nobody responded ? 1 month from 11 years

MintBlue92 posted: »

This thread has been raised back from the dead, still not a world record tho. World record necro thread was from 10+ years, and I forgot which forum it was on.

• Oh shoot, it is!
    I just thought someone finally thought of something trivial to talk about again.

@Melton23 I did one one the poker forum but nobody responded ? 1 month from 11 years

Poker?

MintBlue92 posted: »

This thread has been raised back from the dead, still not a world record tho. World record necro thread was from 10+ years, and I forgot which forum it was on.

• Telltale Texas hold ‘em. Literally right at the bottom of the sub forums.

DabigRG posted: »

Oh shoot, it is! I just thought someone finally thought of something trivial to talk about again. @Melton23 I did one one the poker forum but nobody responded ? 1 month from 11 years Poker?

• Ah, no wonder I didn't remember even seeing it.
    Wait, is this the game with Brock Samson?

Melton23 posted: »

Telltale Texas hold ‘em. Literally right at the bottom of the sub forums.

• Not a clue, though as far as I know I either hold the record for longest necro bump or am close to it

DabigRG posted: »

Ah, no wonder I didn't remember even seeing it. Wait, is this the game with Brock Samson?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.