If you haven't bought it yet... why not?

13»

Comments

• edited January 2007
    First of all, it's a great inconvenience for me to buy anything online. It took me over a month and a half from when I first intended to buy Sam and Max to the time when I actually was able to use a credit card. I'd rather not go through that kind of hassle again. But that's not the major thing stopping me.

What's stopping me is that I've got the entire Bone story sitting six feet away from me, and a general apathy towards the concept of Bone made interactive. Point and click is the right style for a Bone game, I just... don't really want to play it. I want content that is going to surprise me, and there can't be any major surprises with a story like Bone, given that I've read the whole thing. Sam and Max may be familiar characters, but at least I don't know what they'll be up to next.

I'm also not convinced that the series will be concluded. I'd hate to buy two Bone games only to discover that I won't be able to finish the entire story.

What it would take for me to buy Bone would be for the entire series to come out, and most importantly, for the interactive version of Bone to be the "director's cut" of the story. I felt there were a few themes and characters that could have been more fully developed, and if the interactive version of Bone actually addresses those issues with the Bone story, I'd be perfectly happy to pay whatever the cost for the full season.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    I imagine at this point, we'd be up for considering other pricing models for the Bone games, but really Bone isn't something we're thinking about at the moment so it hasn't come up.
  • edited January 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I imagine at this point, we'd be up for considering other pricing models for the Bone games, but really Bone isn't something we're thinking about at the moment so it hasn't come up.

Gee, if only your games could come out on a platform where you can buy pre-paid cards from retail stores in order to purchase digitally distributed content online. But that'd be just plain crazy. ;)

I love digitally distributed content, but mostly in console form. But don't worry, you'll still have my dollar whenever Telltale creates something I truly want. It's just a hassle on my end is all...
  • edited January 2007
    I want to purchase the bundle pack however I'm having some trouble doing so.

I can see it in my shopping cart but when I press proceed to checkout it tells me that my shopping cart is currently empty... Got any idea how I might resolve this? I would love to have the games.
  • edited February 2007
    Jake wrote: »

I'm taking it then that an S&M style pay-plan is inadvisable since you're not pumping out Bone games at the same pace. (Though I admit I wish you were!)

I think the way you ARE pricing them probably works then since the die-hard Bone fans (like myself) will by them at the bit more pricey price and not mind b/c we know we are paying to get them 'now' and not waiting five years.

That said, I think episodic story-telling does indeed have its merits. Specifically in retelling a large story like Bone. Put it into a two hour movie, or a single-game-length and I'm sure corners would be cut like crazy. Here we can let the story-telling unfold at a luxurious pace.

Second, the creaters can learn from their mistakes and grow and better the formula based on user response. I like the idea of the "Director's Cut" for the games. Some people might complain that you are retooling, never-ending, etc. But we who are sticking with the series as it unfolds have the power to help shape the final 9-part game that is sold one day be the best game it can be by continuously giving our input and feedback on how Telltale's doing.

So, if you're not a gargantuan Bone fan, then maybe it isn't worth it to be a part of this unfolding process. As such, Tell Tale, I wouldn't worry too much about getting such persons's downloads now... they'll hit the thing up after it's a 9-part huge game they can buy all at once. But for the rest of us, Bone-lovers who are anticipating Eyes of the Storm far more than the next S&M episode, we're happy to be a part of the creation process, experiencing the games as you create them and better them through the Director's cut.

I look forward to that day down the road when you can sell us one huge file of 'BONE' the game in its totality, but for now I think this is definitely a good way to release the series. I hope it has been profitable enough to pay it off as it goes, but I feel confident that when it ends the profits will be even greater. Just keep upping the quality (as you did from Boneville to Cow Race), and bettering the past (as you did with the Director's Cut), and the final 9-game product will be so well-polished and well-talked about online that it's sure to sell!
  • edited February 2007
    Oilers99 wrote: »
    Gee, if only your games could come out on a platform where you can buy pre-paid cards from retail stores in order to purchase digitally distributed content online. But that'd be just plain crazy. ;)

Cell phones? :p
  • edited February 2007
    so the sam and max and bone series require activatation? even with the cd versions? i hate those kinds of games, i dont even have internet at home :(
  • edited February 2007
    I just bought Episode I Mac Version. I hope you also port episode II and the whole Sam and Max series.
  • edited February 2007
    MAFR wrote: »
    I just bought Episode I Mac Version. I hope you also port episode II and the whole Sam and Max series.

What Mac version? I couldn't find it - could you give me the direct link?

Cheers

Sarah
  • edited February 2007
    Random somewhat-related question--why doesn't the Telltale Store offer it?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.