who is your favorite character in Game of thrones?(books and show)

Comments

• edited September 2014

Jaime, Stannis, Davos, and Sansa. But out of all of them? Jaime. Best villain and hero.

• Tyrion ( the top, he should be the king of all the seven kingdoms ) , Jon Snow ( love his story ) , Littlefinger ( i got to say this guy is pretty amazing in terms of inteligence and power ) and probably the character TTG will make x)

• You already know.

Alt text

• King Joffrey. He is kind of a cool person.

• Please tell me you're joking.

King Joffrey. He is kind of a cool person.

1. Tyrion - His narratives are full of sarcasm and humor. Peter Dinklage does a spectacular job in flawlessly portraying Tyrion on the small screen.
    2. Varys - The TV show makes him seem more sympathetic because we get to see his point of view in things. Conleth Hill gives Varys that fawning manner that I like.
    3. Jaime - In A Storm of Swords (Season 3) he really goes on a large reversal arc and becomes likable. Plus I am enjoying his development as someone free of Cersei and Tywin. (A Feast For Crows)
    4. Arya - Liked her from the start. The "lone wolf" in a world where her pack has all been killed. Interested to see where Arya will go.
    5. Sansa - Her romantic view of the world is shattered when Ned loses his head. From there, she grows.
    6. Margery - Ok, i have to admit, I just like Natalie Dormer hahahaha.
    7. Tywin - Charles Dance is perfect as Tywin.
    8. Davos - He just wants to do whats right
    9. Hodor
    10. Hodor
  • edited September 2014

I'm not kidding. But I have to admit that Joffrey isn't my only favourite character. I also like Ramsay Snow/Bolton and his father Roose Bolton. It was tough choice between Joffrey and Boltons, but the OP asked us to name a single favorite character.

SwagBeast posted: »

Please tell me you're joking.

• Tyrion and Arya obviously.

• In no particular order:

1. Tyrion Lannister
    2. Jon Snow
    3. Jaime Lannister
    4. Ned Stark
  • Tyrion, Arya, the guy who named Theon 'Reek' (can't remember his name), Jamie, Brianne, Bronn, 'you know nuffin Jon snow' (name?)

• My Top 5 would be:

1. Tyrion
    2. Jon Snow
    3. Jorah
    4. Dany
    5. Bronn
  • The two people you're forgetting are Ramsey Snow, now Ramsey Bolton, and Ygritte.

Mariana238 posted: »

Tyrion, Arya, the guy who named Theon 'Reek' (can't remember his name), Jamie, Brianne, Bronn, 'you know nuffin Jon snow' (name?)

• And to a lesser effect, in no particular order, Sansa, Samwell Tarly, Podrick, and, I suppose, Arya, although I like her a little less because of the last episode in the TV Show.

Zyphon posted: »

My Top 5 would be: * Tyrion * Jon Snow * Jorah * Dany * Bronn

• You've got to admit, things would've been substantially duller without him.

SwagBeast posted: »

Please tell me you're joking.

• True. The story is only as good as it's baddies are. Joffrey is writtten in a way that people love to hate him, which makes him one of the most brilliant characters of the books/TV series. I admire his ability to alienate everyone, even his closest family members.

You've got to admit, things would've been substantially duller without him.

• Brienne of Tarth :P Started liking her in season 4. I also like Jon Snow, Arya, and Tyrion

• edited November 2014

Best POV character: Jaime Lannister

Best non-POV character: Stannis Baratheon

• Tyrion, Sansa, Petyr, Varys, Davos, Catelyn, Bran, Sandor, Brienne.... Too many to count.

• Wasn't Ser Barristan also a POV character ? or am I imagining things again :D ?
    I would say Stannis Baratheon , Oberyn Martell , Doran Martell and Reek .

Best POV character: Jaime Lannister Best non-POV character: Stannis Baratheon

• People actually hate Bran? I don't see anything bad or annoying in him.

• Yeah, he had a few chapters in the fifth book.

Arrowtic posted: »

Wasn't Ser Barristan also a POV character ? or am I imagining things again ? I would say Stannis Baratheon , Oberyn Martell , Doran Martell and Reek .

• edited November 2014

My top 5:

1. Tyrion - Makes things interesting wherever he is. Can't wait to have a chat with him in the game.

2. The Hound - I have loved him since the Blackwater and in season 4 he had many good moments, though there was some filler too. "Fuck the king."

3. Bronn - Well as a Tyrion fan I of course also love Bronn.

4. Stannis - This is the one true king. His arrival to the wall was amazing moment, one of the best in season 4. I hope there is going to be some epic dialogues between him and Jon Snow in season 5.

5. Arya - I like Arya as a character, I hope she will have a good plotline as she deserves in the future books. Hard to say what kind of future she has.

Honorable mentions: The one season wonders Ned, Drogo, Robert and Oberyn. I must admit I also rooted for Robb, and that was before I had read the books so Red Wedding was a shock.

• edited November 2014

Damn I completely forgot about that. So minor! lol, then I guess I'll go with Stannis for "non-POV".

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, he had a few chapters in the fifth book.

• I'm a book fan, and I'm only up to book 3 so this could change soon since I know one of my favorite characters dies in this book :(

1. Tyrion Lannister - I'm sorry but the dude is a badass
    2. Catelyn Stark - I think she is a very well written character
    3. Arya Stark - ^
    4. Jon Snow - ^
    5. Davos - we don't know a lot about him at this point but I still think he's pretty cool

Ned was my favorite in the first one though :(

• Another Davos fan? High five!

Alt text

At first he felt kinda dull but I've grown to love him.

I'm a book fan, and I'm only up to book 3 so this could change soon since I know one of my favorite characters dies in this book * Tyr

• Ramsay Bolton
    • Tyrion Lannister
    • Jaime Lannister
    • Rob Stark
    • Jon Snow

What is peoples opinion on Ramsay? Personally, I think he is maybe the cooles character in the series. The way he treated Theon was awesom, Theon that bastard had it coming!

• Ramsay is okay as a character. In books he's a little annoying and maybe even more psycho than in the show. In the show he seems to be a little more pragmatic while in the books he is 100% crazy. Also in the books all he is good at is torture (and hunting?) but in the show he seems to be a good fighter too. Well anyway I'm also happy that he did what he did for Theon. My reason is just different, I like this new Theon better. :)

Arsun97 posted: »

* Ramsay Bolton * Tyrion Lannister * Jaime Lannister * Rob Stark * Jon Snow What is peoples opinion on Ramsay? Personally, I think h

• I haven't read the books, only seen the show, and I think he's an excellent character. Really looking forward (well.... lol) to seeing him in the game.

Ramsay is okay as a character. In books he's a little annoying and maybe even more psycho than in the show. In the show he seems to be a lit

• Ramsay is my boy! I really like the character both in the books and the series. I've always been a big fan of villains and Ramsay arrived in a big way in the books (wish they adapted it for the show). Then Iwan Rheon got cast as him, I was a fan of his after Misfits.

* Ramsay Bolton * Tyrion Lannister * Jaime Lannister * Rob Stark * Jon Snow What is peoples opinion on Ramsay? Personally, I think h

• Ok, some book readers think he is too elegant and charming in the show comparing to books. I don't really mind the way he is in the show, elegant villains are cool (though I'm not sure if even the show-Ramsay can be called elegant :D).

I haven't read the books, only seen the show, and I think he's an excellent character. Really looking forward (well.... lol) to seeing him in the game.

• edited November 2014

arya stark.

• A few from the books; Ramsay, Bronn, Jorah and Davos. Then there is GoT Tywin, Charles Dance was brilliant

• Shit. How did I forget Dolorous Edd!? The most quotable character ever!

A few from the books; Ramsay, Bronn, Jorah and Davos. Then there is GoT Tywin, Charles Dance was brilliant

• Damn you for posting this gif, I burst out laughing and my coffee is all over the place right now.

• Davos is awesome. For me, his side of sailor's life is way more interesting than Greyjoys' one.

Another Davos fan? High five! At first he felt kinda dull but I've grown to love him.

• edited November 2014

no particular order: Jon Snow, Tyrion, Jamie, Hound, Arya, (Tywin-show mostly because of Charles Dance), Davos Seaworth (show didn't really give him much to do compared to the books, but it's always a treat reading his chapters--one of my main favs)

• Yeah, Ed is awesome.

Shit. How did I forget Dolorous Edd!? The most quotable character ever!

• Well some people don't like him because they think his chapters are boring. Personally not my favorite character but I really don't have anything against him either, seems like a nice guy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.