who is your favorite character in Game of thrones?(books and show)

13»

Comments

• edited November 2014

I've only seen the show.

Good guys:

Tyrion, Jon Snow and Sam, Varys.

Bad Guys:

Tywin - the part where he interacts with Arya made him even likable.

Little finger - evil but charming

Melisandre - just love that crazy religious zeal

• edited November 2014

Awesome, great to see another Davos fan. :D I didn't really think he was anything special in the show, but was pleasantly surprised when he became one of my favorite characters in the books. His chapters may not be as action packed as others, but I really enjoy the internal conflicts present in all his POVs I've read so far (also about halfway through book 3).

I enjoy most of the characters on your list, and add Sam (another surprise for me, okay for me in the show, but he's really grown on me in the books) and Bronn (more from the show than the books, but I'm always up for more Bronn and Tyrion).

Interestingly enough, we seem to share several similarities except for Catelyn. She's not written poorly, but my impression of her soured early on with her disdain and general aloofness toward Jon Snow. I get illegitimate children are a bigger deal in this world, but she started off feeling one note and hypocritical because of that to me, then comes Ned's death, and she will not stop mourning about that, again and again. She's written well enough, loosing a family member and/or spouse is definitely a hugely traumatic event, but it mostly feels to me like she's just there to shove conflict into the book. But I think I can see where you're coming from; she's definitely not shallow, which might be the one thing I like, or at least don't dislike, about her. In the end though, her chapters are merely bumpy road blocks to me, possibly in the way of more Wall and Night Watchmen adventures. She is slightly more tolerable for me in the books though.

I'm a book fan, and I'm only up to book 3 so this could change soon since I know one of my favorite characters dies in this book * Tyr

• All the noobs say Hodor!

• Arya, Daenerys, and Jon Snow for me!

• A Daenerys fan! High five!

Arya, Daenerys, and Jon Snow for me!

• It's nice to see another Joffrey fan.

-Kenny posted: »

Joffery.

• Dany was OK in the first 2 books but lately in Storm of Swords I can't stand her,

papai46 posted: »

A Daenerys fan! High five!

• Joffrey was a prick, but we always need characters like that.

It's nice to see another Joffrey fan.

• Viserys Targaryen in both book and show!

• edited November 2014

BARRISTAN SELMY

finest swordsman 7 kingdoms have ever seen.

And, oh.. well:

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.