I wonder about the nudity

Comments

• Three, they also removed dialogue that hinted that Troy had raped Jane.

dojo32161 posted: »

In The Walking Dead Telltale did remove two instances of mentioning rape. The first was going to be mentioned by Ben, he would say that the

• I thought those were mentions of sexual harassment? Maybe I was wrong.

Flog61 posted: »

Three, they also removed dialogue that hinted that Troy had raped Jane.

• Ah maybe, I'm not sure.

I thought those were mentions of sexual harassment? Maybe I was wrong.

• If they include a rape, I will be very surprised. They might alude to something that like but I dont see it being shown or anything.

DomeWing333 posted: »

I'm less concerned about the nudity and more concerned about the copious amounts of rape that's depicted in both the books and the show. Tel

• edited September 2014

I don't know if they removed anything or not, but I don't think that they are afraid to mention rape in the game. After all in The Walking Dead Season 1 Jolene claimed that the bandits raped her daughter. Or at least it was strongly hinted.

In The Walking Dead Telltale did remove two instances of mentioning rape. The first was going to be mentioned by Ben, he would say that the

• Yes, but they won't go over the top with it unless the story requires it.

• edited September 2014

I agree that people exaggerate. GoT has some nudity, but no more than in your average HBO series. Shows like Spartacus have much more nudity and sex scenes, although I think that they could have had even more sex and violence without going over the top. But apparently it was too much for some people, so your mileage may vary.

KCohere posted: »

Ive always thought people overexaggerated the nudity issue. Except for a few choice scenes, it's not that bad. Usually, those scenes are in context, like at the brothel.

• Is there any other reasons to include rapes into the game than story reasons?

Yes, but they won't go over the top with it unless the story requires it.

• None that I can think of.

Is there any other reasons to include rapes into the game than story reasons?

• there are some gay moments in the tv show :D

If there aren't at least 7 QTE gay sex scenes then no buy for me.

• QTE sex scene.... cough Heavy Rain cough cough

They probably will have some. I doubt they'd go as explicit as the show/book or have a QTE sequence though...

• Hold your horses, Faith and Nerissa don't like what your saying.

Pipas posted: »

Maybe we can finally have Bigby and Snow romance?

• Bigby's dream will finally come true. lol

Pipas posted: »

Maybe we can finally have Bigby and Snow romance?

• Oh I know :D

there are some gay moments in the tv show

• There's a QTE sex scene in Heavy Rain? I don't remember it.

bloop posted: »

QTE sex scene.... cough Heavy Rain cough cough

• edited September 2014

Ethan and Madison do it after Ethan either kills some guy or lets him go.

Fazz posted: »

There's a QTE sex scene in Heavy Rain? I don't remember it.

• edited September 2014

Oh boy, time to expand on Ser Barristan's characterization and the morality of the small council!!

No? Had to make room for that sex scene?

Sigh...

The worst thing about the gratuitous nudity and sex in Game of Thrones is that it repeatedly fails to give me an erection. It just wastes ti

• Yeah, fair enough. The books have had their randomly explicit moments as well, but that's easier to skim. And they don't have to cut out important content for the sake of fitting those scenes in the books.

oh of course you cant, sex should have a purpose when shown. Showing a characters relationship through that is fine That said some scene

• It isn't all-consuming, thankfully, but when it shows up you know that it isn't being put in there for the sake of the plot. It's just there because at some point it was decided the only way to get people to watch this kind of show is to have a good number of naked women and sex scenes. You get the sense they have a quota to meet.

In Season 3, think of what could have been done with five extra minutes.

The full tragedy of Catelyn's story could have been pressed home by giving Michelle Fairley more dialogue. Her husband was murdered. To her knowledge, all of her children except Robb are either dead or lost to her. The war effort is falling to pieces, so it looks like she might lose him as well if she can't convince him to sue for peace. All of this could be said to be her fault, since her seizure of Tyrion Lannister kickstarted the war. And then the Red Wedding. She's one of the most tragic characters in the series.

They might have shown the Freys abandoning Robb's war effort in a rage after he breaks his vow to marry one of Lord Walder's daughters, leaving the northern forces short thousands of men-at-arms and knights. Instead of having the Freys suddenly injected into the plot again just before the Red Wedding, their presence in the war could have been reinforced more naturally.

What were those five minutes used for instead of either of these things or some other important bit of plot? Pod the Sex God and his adventures in the brothel.

KCohere posted: »

Ive always thought people overexaggerated the nudity issue. Except for a few choice scenes, it's not that bad. Usually, those scenes are in context, like at the brothel.

• E-mailing Telltale as we speak

Alt text

• I did find that scene rather amusing and I did feel that it had it's place in the show. It did lighten the mood and brought some humour into that episode.

It isn't all-consuming, thankfully, but when it shows up you know that it isn't being put in there for the sake of the plot. It's just there

• Oh, okay. Thanks! I remember the bit you're talking about but not the sex scene though. I trust you anyway.

• edited September 2014

You could mark your post with the spoilers tag. I haven't played that game yet, because I'm still waiting for the PC version (which probably never happens).

• Sorry(I thinks it's PS3 only) :(

You could mark your post with the spoilers tag. I haven't played that game yet, because I'm still waiting for the PC version (which probably never happens).

• The thing about Heavy Rain is the story just falls apart after you learn about Shelby

I loved heavy rain and beyond two souls.

• edited September 2014

I know, but there's always the possibility that they will change their minds. For example Alan Wake was originally for Xbox only, but eventually they made improved PC version a few years after the original release.

Sorry(I thinks it's PS3 only)

• when was there nudity in TW-

oh i remember now

TheGovernor posted: »

There will most likely be nudity like on TWAU yes. But I think that a sex scene will be optional. And if you choose it, maybe just maybe, there will be a lot of button bashing as usual

• 8*

• Some scenes can be done right in gaming, I think Witcher 2 manages to do it with Triss.

Sex scenes in video games are usually either horribly awkward, or very horribly awkward. Perhaps if Telltale has some magic touch for this kinda thing I don't know of.

• QQQQQQQQQQQQE to thrust.

• I think The Witcher games are the only games who do sex right, everything else is just bodies grinding on eachother.

Talimancer posted: »

Some scenes can be done right in gaming, I think Witcher 2 manages to do it with Triss.

• While it was definitely the best I've seen it done in a game, there's still the fact that Geralt never takes his pants off while Triss/whoever Geralt happens to be lying with is completely butt-naked.

I think The Witcher games are the only games who do sex right, everything else is just bodies grinding on eachother.

• lol, true.

While it was definitely the best I've seen it done in a game, there's still the fact that Geralt never takes his pants off while Triss/whoever Geralt happens to be lying with is completely butt-naked.

• His penis has witcher reflexes you just never see it leave his pants.

While it was definitely the best I've seen it done in a game, there's still the fact that Geralt never takes his pants off while Triss/whoever Geralt happens to be lying with is completely butt-naked.

• Mass effect kind of pulls it off... Ehhhh.

Sex scenes in video games are usually either horribly awkward, or very horribly awkward. Perhaps if Telltale has some magic touch for this kinda thing I don't know of.

• 'Press E to cup'

QQQQQQQQQQQQE to thrust.

• edited September 2014

...debatable. For the most part it's just people rolling around in their underwear. After ME1, anyway.

Healoz posted: »

Mass effect kind of pulls it off... Ehhhh.

• Show me your cunt.

• God I hope not. That was just awkward in Heavy Rain. And fyi, the show isn't famous for nudity, it's the entire HBO network that's famous for it. And just them. I haven't read the book, whatever.

When you introduce the interactivity, it becomes less about satisfying the audience with gore and sex and more about offering the player the choice to do the gore or sex or whatever, it doesn't necessarily need to be shown and it really shouldn't, because that's when you start to teeter on the edge of art/interaction/narrative/whatever and just straight-up selling sex.

The line is fine, but zigg-zaggy. Here, I don't think they should go for it, and just stick to letting the player mull over the normal passionate, political, or otherwise roleplay-ish reasons why they would decide to pursue a physical relationship with a character. If you want to just say "we'll bang, ok?" to every person of the protagonist's preferred orientation you meet, fine, make that your/the protagonist's thing, just don't expect the actual sex to be the focus.

1. [SLIP TONGUE]
    2. [TEAR DRESS]

QQQQQQQQQQQQE to thrust.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.