Played the demo at PAX.

• 35 minute long DEMO. 80% railroaded cutscenes 20% gameplay with hubs. Just like TWAU and TWDS2.
  • Forced memes were cringey but some of the humor was at least decent.
  • The illusion of choice is quite present in combat. For example you're given the choice to upgrade your bot parts but you can't continue until all of them are selected.
  • Whenever you pick money or an item a little menu pops up on the top right corner and shows both LB and RB buttons. I guess they made this to simulate the Borderlands experience but it's kind of stupid because you can't press any of those buttons.
  • Amazing art and animations as expected
  • The little amount of plot that was shown kept me more interested than in TWAU

Comments

• How much do you rate it out of ten from what you've played so far?

• I'm surprised they did not add more gameplay for a Franchise like Borderlands.

How were the QTEs? Same as Dead/Wolf or more advanced?

Also, on a Reddit AMA in October, Kevin Bruner alluded to titles "shipping [beginning this] summer" having better graphics and possibly an updated engine. Did you notice this game having better production qualities than past games, or was it the same as Dead, Wolf, etc?

• edited September 2014

Can you choose certain weapons that Rhys can use? Or is it just the robot that has the capability so far?

• edited September 2014

The little amount of plot that was shown kept me more interested than in TWAU

Must be some pretty Damn good plot. Anyways did it seem like something people that never played borderlands would.like? Like would they get what's going on if we never played a borderlands game.

Must be some pretty Damn good plot.

My thoughts as well.

The little amount of plot that was shown kept me more interested than in TWAU Must be some pretty Damn good plot. Anyways did it see

• So....Did you like it?

• How were the QTEs? Same as Dead/Wolf or more advanced?

same thing, hold down RT to shoot the bot and press left/right/up/down to dodge attacks or use an electric baton as Rhys.

Also, on a Reddit AMA in October, Kevin Bruner alluded to titles "shipping [beginning this] summer" having better graphics and possibly an updated engine. Did you notice this game having better production qualities than past games, or was it the same as Dead, Wolf, etc?

Everything looked much better. It was really easy to see that they put more work on this than in TWDS2 and TWAU. The lip syncing needed some work at some parts though.

I'm surprised they did not add more gameplay for a Franchise like Borderlands. How were the QTEs? Same as Dead/Wolf or more advanced?

Green613 posted: »

How much do you rate it out of ten from what you've played so far?

• You call a robot and then have the option to give it Primary weapon(machine gun or rockets) and Secondary weapon(shield or grenades)

Can you choose certain weapons that Rhys can use? Or is it just the robot that has the capability so far?

• Must be some pretty Damn good plot.

That's because i never found TWAU's plot that interesting. In borderlands it just starts as a simple mission of going down to pandora and buying a vault key off someone, not interesting at first but then i got intrigued by it once the scene changed to Fiona's introduction and you get the option to say how the scene really played out.

The little amount of plot that was shown kept me more interested than in TWAU Must be some pretty Damn good plot. Anyways did it see

• everything looked much better

I apologize for what is probably an extremely specific question - so if you don't know, that's fine, but would you say the "better graphics" were from Telltale improving their cartoon/comic art style in particular, or did the game have better graphics in general (meaning more detailed characters/environments, etc)?

How were the QTEs? Same as Dead/Wolf or more advanced? same thing, hold down RT to shoot the bot and press left/right/up/down to dod

• That's because i never found TWAU's plot that interesting.

Alt text

Must be some pretty Damn good plot. That's because i never found TWAU's plot that interesting. In borderlands it just starts as a si

• How long do you play as Rhys until it switched to Fiona, or did you play as Rhys the whole demo (which if the demo is 35 min that gives us a pretty close estimate).

• That's actually pretty kickass, hopefully they'll let us pick which weapons that Rhys or Fiona can use as well.

You call a robot and then have the option to give it Primary weapon(machine gun or rockets) and Secondary weapon(shield or grenades)

• The entire demo was with Rhys, the last few minutes cuts to Fiona where you're given 4 choices to how to start the story. I picked the "Then the Vault Hunter arrived" option and Zer0 showed up at the scene and cut to black "Episode 1 available in Fall"

How long do you play as Rhys until it switched to Fiona, or did you play as Rhys the whole demo (which if the demo is 35 min that gives us a pretty close estimate).

• Fall! Yes!

Winter has been rumored...phew.

The entire demo was with Rhys, the last few minutes cuts to Fiona where you're given 4 choices to how to start the story. I picked the "Then

• What were the other options? Was one of them a silent option? Or are you forced to pick one?

The entire demo was with Rhys, the last few minutes cuts to Fiona where you're given 4 choices to how to start the story. I picked the "Then

• any voice actor that you recognize?

• Any cool/Funny lines from Rhys?

• Another quick question: does the game have extras similar to the Book of Fables from TWAU, or something even better?

• Mods always get the upvotes:P

The little amount of plot that was shown kept me more interested than in TWAU Must be some pretty Damn good plot. My thoughts as well.

• If it makes you feel better, trolls did the same thing with downvoting random mod posts just because.

Mods always get the upvotes:P

• edited September 2014

the last few minutes cuts to Fiona where you're given 4 choices to how to start the story. I picked the "Then the Vault Hunter arrived" option and Zer0 showed up at the scene

Hmmm, very interesting. I wonder if you picked a different choice if the scene would've been a little different? Either way, thanks for sharing this with us. Hopefully more people will be more open to the idea of playing this game now, or at least give it a chance.

• Some people are weird.

If it makes you feel better, trolls did the same thing with downvoting random mod posts just because.

• Even if it did, I doubt they would include it in the demo.

Another quick question: does the game have extras similar to the Book of Fables from TWAU, or something even better?

• edited September 2014

Good point. It was just a thought anyway, like if he's seen anything amazing when he paused the game or something.

Green613 posted: »

Even if it did, I doubt they would include it in the demo.

• I suppose it's the same old engine, if the screenshots are true: they still show not-so-round curves, along the ones in TWAU.

I think they're keeping their bullets for GoT.

everything looked much better I apologize for what is probably an extremely specific question - so if you don't know, that's fine, b

• edited September 2014

"People don't always make sense"

Some people are weird.

• Yeah, was Nicki Rapp (Lilly) in it? I think she'll be in it, but not sure of course

child123 posted: »

any voice actor that you recognize?

• Did you see any know character?

• the game looked A LOT better than those screenshots. and by A LOT i mean A LOT

I suppose it's the same old engine, if the screenshots are true: they still show not-so-round curves, along the ones in TWAU. I think they're keeping their bullets for GoT.

• Don't remember the other options, all 4 had text but i guess letting the timer run out would normally give you the silent option

dojo32161 posted: »

What were the other options? Was one of them a silent option? Or are you forced to pick one?

• I went into the demo booth with the mindset of "let's see how many voice actors i recognize" but didn't recognize anyone.

child123 posted: »

any voice actor that you recognize?

• Almost all of the conversations have one funny or witty option. I only remember "want me to call you a whaaaambulance?"

zeke10 posted: »

Any cool/Funny lines from Rhys?

• The demo didn't even have a menu

Another quick question: does the game have extras similar to the Book of Fables from TWAU, or something even better?

• edited September 2014

Zer0 and Shade

ps3gamer095 posted: »

Did you see any know character?

• Did the game run smoothly or did it have some of the frame rate issues of the walking dead or wolf among us

• Something I found with TWAU and Walking Dead is that sometimes the screenshots look better than the game. For example, that screenshot of Bigby on Georgie's car for the finale. It was still cool, but as far as graphics, didn't look nearly as good. Nice to see it the other way around for once.

the game looked A LOT better than those screenshots. and by A LOT i mean A LOT

I'm surprised about that. TWAU was a very unique thriller. I'm expecting Telltale to refine the Borderlands univers, which already has some interesting characters and a rich lore, but "hitting harder" than TWAU in only 35 minutes, that's uncanny.

Other than that, I'm glad that they are making some progress production-wise, I like the "Telltale graphic style" but it really needed some polishing. Can't wait to try it myself, I'm sure it's gonna be fun, and hopefully the episode will last around 2 hours.

• Lol so much win

Almost all of the conversations have one funny or witty option. I only remember "want me to call you a whaaaambulance?"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.