Game of Thrones Meme and Fun Thread (Mobile Warning)

Comments

• Power fantasies of the bitter :p

enter image description here

Yes

• Meanwhile his wife is kissed by Pedro Pascal in a normal world.

Power fantasies of the bitter

• And how many of us can say their wife has been kissed by the Prince of Dorne? ;) Not the bitter stan fanboys.

Euron posted: »

Meanwhile his wife is kissed by Pedro Pascal in a normal world.

• edited July 2016

• edited July 2016

Bitter stan fanboys won't want their wife to be kissed by an actor of their production, sure. :P

Honestly he looks at the least dumb in this picture. Just because he can't bear citicism, he thinks the Emmys actually mean something and that he's in the right. His success is based on GRRM's writing. I can't remind if he's the one who did Transformers and Wolverine or the guy who did Troy, but in any case his writing is terrible.

And how many of us can say their wife has been kissed by the Prince of Dorne? Not the bitter stan fanboys.

• Sure, he's written several amazing episodes of GoT, but his writing is terrible, aha. This fandom seriously is cancerous.

Bitter stan fanboys won't want their wife to be kissed by an actor of their production, sure. :P Honestly he looks at the least dumb in t

• edited July 2016

Amazing writing in action right here. You want the good show, but...

enter link description here

Sure, he's written several amazing episodes of GoT, but his writing is terrible, aha. This fandom seriously is cancerous.

• I seriously laugh at people whose only argument is this one scene. Just stop watching if you think it's so bad that you can't do anything but complain. We'd have a better fandom that way.

ranger563 posted: »

Amazing writing in action right here. You want the good show, but... enter link description here

• D&D aren't the only writers of the show I think. Cogman does a decent job for example. You can criticize and watch a thing instead of loving whatever one gives you. It's not like it was wthout any flaws.

And you seem to forget it but it's an asoiaf/telltale game/GoT section.

I seriously laugh at people whose only argument is this one scene. Just stop watching if you think it's so bad that you can't do anything but complain. We'd have a better fandom that way.

• Yeah, D&D aren't the only writers of the show but they have wrote many of the best ones. Btw, I've heard that Cogman got harassed by some bookpurists in social media during this season. What a lovely people, "criticizing" the show.

And just saying something is terrible is not criticism, it's just trashing. I've criticized aspects of the show myself, as well as books, as well as the game, but hyperbole bashing is just tiresome and annoying bs.

And yeah, it's not just section for the show. And you don't see me bashing TTGoT even if I thought there were huge problems in its writing. I said my criticism about the game when the episodes came out, and I don't feel the need to keep constantly trashing it - unlike some do with the show.

Oh, and I'm not saying the meme above is bashing (it's just a meme), just to make that clear.

D&D aren't the only writers of the show I think. Cogman does a decent job for example. You can criticize and watch a thing instead of lo

• What a lovely people, "criticizing" the show.

You categorize a whole bunch of people for the actions of some guys to have a point. Actually a lot of people have others stuffs to do.

Benioff has a terrible writing. I'm not the only one to think it and that's my opinion, seeing his works (almost all based on someone else's work) and the episodes he wrote. By curiosity, I would like to know these best episodes you talk about.

Yeah, D&D aren't the only writers of the show but they have wrote many of the best ones. Btw, I've heard that Cogman got harassed by som

• I know Benioff only from GoT, and I know he's done good job in it. Don't really care about any superhero stuff so if he's done terrible job there, okay, then he has made a turd superhero schlock movie, whatever. I haven't read his books either, but I've actually heard some praising for them.

Benioff has a terrible writing.

Has terrible writing =/= is terrible writer. Every writer has weaker moments.

By curiosity, I would like to know these best episodes you talk about.

Season 1: "The Wolf and the Lion", "Baelor", "Fire and Blood"

Season 2: "A Man Without Honor", "The Prince of Winterfell"

Season 3: "And Now His Watch is Ended", "The Rains of Castamere"

Season 4: "Two Swords", "The Mountain and the Viper", "The Watchers on the Wall", "The Children"

Season 5: "High Sparrow", "The Gift", "Hardhome", "The Dance of Dragons", "Mother's Mercy"

Season 6: "Book of the Stranger", "The Door", "Battle of the Bastards", "The Winds of Winter"

^^Those are all great episodes written by D&D. There many more that I'd say are at least decent.

What a lovely people, "criticizing" the show. You categorize a whole bunch of people for the actions of some guys to have a point. A

• Until, let's say season 4/5 it's only using GRRM's words and works. There are no true writings on his part.

I know Benioff only from GoT, and I know he's done good job in it. Don't really care about any superhero stuff so if he's done terrible job

• You really think it's just look at the book and tadaaaa! Great hour of TV! If it would be so simple, there would be no such thing as "bad adaptation". And those episodes have many great scenes outside of the books.

And anyway, I knew you'd say that, but if you notice I have more episodes from s4-6 than I have from s1-3.

Until, let's say season 4/5 it's only using GRRM's words and works. There are no true writings on his part.

• I still consider those quoted the worst in S4-s6, but that's personal taste I guess.

I think you mentionned you didn't read the books? There are pages they put in it. Their only work is to cut and choose which scene must be adapted with some stuffs added. It's nothing linked to writing. While their writing is put in the two last seasons, and are the two more criticized, and not only by book purist fans.

You really think it's just look at the book and tadaaaa! Great hour of TV! If it would be so simple, there would be no such thing as "bad ad

• edited July 2016

I meant I haven't read Benioff's books. I have read ASoIaF.

edit: And yeah, it is opinions because majority of my top 10 favorite episodes are from seasons 4-6. And it's not like I'm the only one praising episodes like "The Children", "Hardhome", "Battle of the Bastards" and "The Winds of Winter" - many of those have widely been praised as best of the show. Just bringing that up since you brought up that there has been negativity from more than just bookpurists.

I still consider those quoted the worst in S4-s6, but that's personal taste I guess. I think you mentionned you didn't read the books? Th

• As we all know from Luke's life lessons; chicks dig scars.

• edited July 2016

I'm not book purist or whatever. I understand some changes are necessary. Budget, timing, all that stuff. You just started a whole discussion based on your impression on me. The wrong impression, btw. But yeah, I'm not some idiot who accept everything they throw at us. As a consumer, I have the right to criticize whatever scene I didn't like, just like I have the right to praise scenes I like. Simple as that.

Edit: Please don't use my "bad grammar" as a argument, I'm not a native english speaker

I meant I haven't read Benioff's books. I have read ASoIaF. edit: And yeah, it is opinions because majority of my top 10 favorite episode

• edited July 2016

I already said, I don't consider the meme you posted anything more than a meme.

I replied with a halfhearted, non-serious comment and a silly picture, Euron replied to that, and I still replied with humor. Then he started talking about how terrible the writing is. Apparently he identified himself as a Stannis fanboy, whom I was making fun of?

And I'm not saying that you necessarily are a bitter Stannis fan, but there wouldn't be a meme like this without such people existing - the meme itself recognizes it by talking about "stannermen" and their tears.To me it's as much a joke about them as it is about D&D, whether that's intended or not.

I'm not book purist or whatever. I understand some changes are necessary. Budget, timing, all that stuff. You just started a whole discussi

• Old ones even if too old can still get the job done

Ace24_ posted: »

Too old.

• Fuck. I died.

Joe_Momma posted: »

Although she did kinda shank me on my first playthrough....

• Gryff Whitehill:

Asher Rodrik Mira Gared

• Usurpers... Usurpers everywhere

• Vows are more guidelines than rules.

• She'll thank me when she's not blown up in the Sept.

• yeeeeeeeaah, pokemon go jokes

• I'm sure this has been used before, but I love this:

• Balon Greyjoy didn't make the cut?

I'm sure this has been used before, but I love this:

• He made team Beta with Sansa and Theon :)

Joe_Momma posted: »

Balon Greyjoy didn't make the cut?

• At this point I'm pretty sure Rodrik is one of those bosses in games where once you deplete their health bar they have a death fakeout scene but instant come back tougher than before with a 2nd stage and full health.

• I thought the fact that some of the Fables die a lot easier was the popularity of the story from which they originate from.

Like Bigby is the Big Bad Wolf, everyone knows, not like Georgie Porgie.

• Actual picture of Rodrik leaving the Twins.

• edited July 2016

Edit: Spoiler tag doesn't work, for fuck's sake.

Oi, S6E10 spoilers. :^)

Told ya.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.