Wallace & Gromit Episode 2 - The Last Resort preview!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited May 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
GameSpot has an early look at episode 2 here.

And hey, May is pretty soon!

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Not soon enough though!

Glad to hear it starts right after FOTB, won't read anything else since I want to keep it as fresh as possible :D
  • edited April 2009
    counting days already! :)
  • edited April 2009
    Nice screens..can't wait! :)
  • edited April 2009
    I'm happy it's coming along. Since now, as of todaym i finished the entire TellTale catalog of games ( except CSI but i can't count them as games from TellTale for some reason ).

I had a pleasant play with the Bone games. It's interesting too see what i believe was TellTale's first project:)

Back on Topic, the second episode is something i'm happily expecting. It's all very charming isn't it lad:)
  • I have a question. In the game is there going to be a utton that will allow us to switch between characters or will they do it on their own.
  • edited April 2009
    Oh boy! This Episode is gonna be coooool! :D
  • edited April 2009
    totally awsome cant wait untill may counting every day
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    I have a question. In the game is there going to be a utton that will allow us to switch between characters or will they do it on their own.

The playable character switches automatically at points in the game, based on what's happening in the story.

In this episode, Gromit has to find some creative ways to communicate with Wallace and the other human characters, which I found pretty fun.
  • edited April 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    GameSpot has an early look at episode 2 here.

And hey, May is pretty soon!

Still waiting to play the first :(
  • edited April 2009
    Is there an official release date for that second episode already?
    I mean "in May" could be any date between 5/1 and 5/31, right?
  • Right, so guess we will just have to wait and not think so much about it......:eek:
  • edited April 2009
    Right, so guess we will just have to wait and not think so much about it......:eek:

Or just read this mixnmojo news post. ;)
  • edited April 2009
    Where on earth did they get that info? Do they have a mole at Telltale or something?
  • edited April 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    Where on earth did they get that info? Do they have a mole at Telltale or something?

It is a good date though, as it can be written as 4/4 and will not confuse anyone from any country. :D
  • edited April 2009
    You mean, 5/5...
  • edited April 2009
    And it would be the same time as Fallout 3's third DLC Broken Steel. Just like the last episode came out the same day as The Pitt, Fallout 3's second DLC!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Dan was on GameSpot's live broadcast today, talking about Wallace & Gromit. I was sitting on the floor off-camera playing the game. Unfortunately the camera cut away during two of the moments I wanted to show off, but you can't win them all. :D

Also yes - the game is coming out next week! We haven't really announced it, but we sent out review copies yesterday with an email that said when it was okay to post the reviews, so I'm guessing someone at Mojo put two and two together.
  • edited April 2009
    Our "exclusive scoop"!
  • edited May 2009
    Eh, eh, eh... these are SPOILERS!:mad:
  • edited May 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    You mean, 5/5...

Oh. So I do, haha!
  • edited May 2009
    nomecopies wrote: »
    Eh, eh, eh... these are SPOILERS!:mad:
    Sorry didn't mean to spoil I earesed my comment. I don't think that much people sawed it. Can someone tell me how to put stuff hidden and make it appear when you click it?
  • edited May 2009
    Off Topic:
    SuperBosco wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to put stuff hidden and make it appear when you click it?
    Use this syntax...

[HTML]
    Hidden Text
    [/HTML]...to get this appearance:
    Hidden Text
  • edited May 2009
    Thank you Nightsurfer! So as I was saying:
    I think the episode will be a longer than the first or any Sam and Max or Stong Bad episode because I count the lenght of an episode in acts exemple:
    Strong Bad Battle of the Bands:
    Act one: Get the fun machine to Bubs (so short that it doesn't count)
    Act two: Get security and celebrity juges
    Act three: Get three bands signed up
    Act four: Sabotage all the bands
    Act five: ROCK ONNNNNNN!!!!!

So you see four acts and I supose for episode 2 It'll go like this:
    Act one: Get Wallace out of the basement (Wallace and Gromit)
    Act two: Get Beach props and do some publicity (Wallace)
    Act three: Help the customers from Duncan (Wallace)
    Act four: find who's the murderer! Er... I mean who's the aggresor! (Gromit)
    Act five: the final scene! (Wallace and Gromit)
    So one act longer than the others episodes.
  • edited May 2009
    An "act" can be long or short, though. And the length of an act can be extended or shortened by how easily you solve the puzzles.
  • edited May 2009
    yes I know but the first and the last acts are usually the shortest of the acts!
  • edited May 2009
    I think episode 2 is a good length, but It all depends on how quickly you solve the puzzles...So its quite subjective
Sign in to comment in this discussion.