When will we get news about the release date?

Forum is getting pretty boring. We need something to play telltale so please give us something more!

Alt text

Comments

• edited October 2014

I'm assuming very,very soon. Since the chances of the first episode being released somewhere between early-mid October are pretty high.

Edit: After seeing the latest news, I take it back. Oh, well...I don't mind waiting as long as the game is good.

• From the interviews that i have seen it will be either fall or winter 2014, in this interview at 1:45 Kevin Bruner says it will premier in winter so it could be out at any time.

• "Soon"
    Soon.....soon....soon

I'm assuming very,very soon. Since the chances of the first episode being released somewhere between early-mid October are pretty high. E

• I really hope it doesn't come in winter that would suck. I was hoping it would be out already (since they said ep.1 was coming end of summer) but I prepared myself for it to come in fall. I just hope Telltale doesn't push it till winter.

OzzyUK posted: »

From the interviews that i have seen it will be either fall or winter 2014, in this interview at 1:45 Kevin Bruner says it will premier in winter so it could be out at any time.

• Yeah it would be good to see it before winter, maybe Kevin was overestimating a release schedule rather than people freak out that it's "delayed" if there where any problems that pushed it back slightly.

I really hope it doesn't come in winter that would suck. I was hoping it would be out already (since they said ep.1 was coming end of summer) but I prepared myself for it to come in fall. I just hope Telltale doesn't push it till winter.

• I bet we will actually get at the end of the summer. Next year.

I really hope it doesn't come in winter that would suck. I was hoping it would be out already (since they said ep.1 was coming end of summer) but I prepared myself for it to come in fall. I just hope Telltale doesn't push it till winter.

• I wouldn't go that far...

blueneon posted: »

I bet we will actually get at the end of the summer. Next year.

• You never know when it comes to dates.

I wouldn't go that far...

• Yeah we kinda do since they said 2014 ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You never know when it comes to dates.

• ...and that it was announced as a 2014 release last year at that if I am not mistaken. :P

Green613 posted: »

Yeah we kinda do since they said 2014 ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• edited September 2014

I just want to know which systems it will be on, im hoping for next-gen.

Update:http://www.gamefront.com/tales-from-the-borderlands-hands-on-preview/

This says on ALL platforms this WINTER.

• I really wish you are right but they had also said thet it would come out mid summer and now they said it will come in early winter. They unfortunatly are a bit undisive when it comes to dates. But, hey, if waiting means that we are going to get a really good title, then I have no problem being a little patient.

Green613 posted: »

Yeah we kinda do since they said 2014 ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Demo said it will be released this fall. :O

• It's been two weeks since the PAX blog entry. This is getting really boring here. Nothing to discuss left telltale. So be a bit faster and give us something!

• sharcasticly

Yeah, right.

Free_Dead posted: »

Demo said it will be released this fall. :O

• I like your attitude, mate!

I really wish you are right but they had also said thet it would come out mid summer and now they said it will come in early winter. They un

• Sorry? I was actually being srs. I remember Clem_is_awesome saying it

sharcasticly Yeah, right.

• Thank you, mate. :}

I like your attitude, mate!

• Well, yeah, I hope too that we will get it this fall, but they keep changing the dates. They are a bit undesicive but I think that waiting is worth it.

Free_Dead posted: »

Sorry? I was actually being srs. I remember Clem_is_awesome saying it

• I don’t think the problem is the waiting. The problem is the lack of information. If I knew it would be this fall, this winter or next year I would be fine (not necessarily happy, but fine).

Well, yeah, I hope too that we will get it this fall, but they keep changing the dates. They are a bit undesicive but I think that waiting is worth it.

• True, the fact that we don 't know anything is killing me. I bet that TT is enjoing this so much that they won 't even release a trailer for the game before it comes out and they will just anounce the dates with a tweet or something...

TMLC posted: »

I don’t think the problem is the waiting. The problem is the lack of information. If I knew it would be this fall, this winter or next year I would be fine (not necessarily happy, but fine).

• never

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2014

Oh darn. :^(

Ellias posted: »

never

• Well seems like we wont get any news til october.

Oh darn. :^(

• You know what I was thinking? They said jockingly that they would anounce the release 20 minutes before they release it. I know it might sound stupid and really unlikly but I wouldn 't be suprised by anything at this point.

Bring the hate motherfuckers.

• I would like to get a post from telltale staff here. Can't you clarify when we will get some news? Fall, Winter or next year?!

• We are still waiting TellTale.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I would like to get a post from telltale staff here. Can't you clarify when we will get some news? Fall, Winter or next year?!

• well expect it around late october since fall just started lol.

We are still waiting TellTale.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Hello there! :D

It's so awesome that people are pumped for the season premiere to happen (I'm one of them!). The thing about Telltale is that we work differently to a lot of other game companies, and because of our episodic release model and production schedule, it's REALLY hard for us to provide substantial news or even concrete dates until we're super close to release. Even for a teaser/launch trailer, we want visuals to be 100% where we'd want them for release... and because we polish stuff right up until submission, that stuff always comes together VERY close to when the release actually happens!

We're still planning to premiere Tales from the Borderlands before the end of the year... when you start seeing trailers and stuff, expect the season premiere to be coming in HOT!

I would like to get a post from telltale staff here. Can't you clarify when we will get some news? Fall, Winter or next year?!

• Thanks for taking your time Laura. :)

puzzlebox posted: »

Hello there! It's so awesome that people are pumped for the season premiere to happen (I'm one of them!). The thing about Telltale is th

• Thanks Laura! I will be metaphorically on the edge of my seat until then. @_@

Hello there! It's so awesome that people are pumped for the season premiere to happen (I'm one of them!). The thing about Telltale is th

• Thanks for the info, Laura! It is so nice to know. :)

• i don't like hot things

• Well, December it is. Like TWDS2 pretty much.

• I would say that is more likely for Game of Thrones. I think ep.1 of Tales from the Borderlands will be coming in October (fingers crossed), and Game of Thrones this December and they will be releasing together throughout the next year or so like Wolf and Walking Dead s2.

Well, December it is. Like TWDS2 pretty much.

• 'Before the end of the year' doesn't sound so good :(

But still, thanks for taking your time :)

• If it is before the end of the year then we have to wait 2 more months. December here we come.. :(

• edited October 2014

Soon.....its telltales answer to everything

• -as they count our money.

Rylee posted: »

Soon.....its telltales answer to everything

Sign in to comment in this discussion.