Hey!

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I would like to know if LucasArts' Secret of Monkey Island remake will also be available through the TellTale Store?
  • edited June 2009
    David E wrote: »
    So yeah, we're making some new Monkey Island games. What do you think about that?

What do I... what? I'm too stoned to do that kind of thing right now :D

Seriously, it's amazing news! Especially after browsing through the team page.

Have a big issue, though. I'll have to play the last episode of W&G and the first episode of ToMI simultaneously. Oh poor me :D
  • edited June 2009
    Also in shock, brilliant news, preodered all.. bring it on! No Gilbert makes me sad but let's have it!
  • edited June 2009
    Does Ron Gilbert get a Forum account?
  • edited June 2009
    Quanta wrote: »
    To be honest, as a big fan of Monkey Island 2: LeCuck's Revenge I'm rather disappointed with the presentation. It's the same gripe I have with the Sam & Max "interpretation" by Telltale.

Sam & Max and Monkey Island 2 by LucasArts had these really nice hand-drawn backgrounds and character designs by Steve Purcell which I really fell in love with (look at the MI2 cover design *inlove*). But I never quite liked the visual style by Telltale.

These steril and crude 3D designs (nothing against 3D graphics per se) in comparison look like sh... - well, I just don't like them. They lack detail, they lack style, they lack beauty.

If the scripts of the new Monkey Island Tales are decent I may get over it. But I have that bad feeling, that if not the content, then the bad voice recording quality (distorted/hissing) known from other Telltale productions will kill these games for me anyways.

:(

That is a concern and why the last monkey island game was so terrible, had nothing to do with previous incarnations, stylistically speaking.. I fear the worst but have accessed Ccard in their favour, let's hope..
  • edited June 2009
    Zoinker wrote: »
    (Is Earl Boen coming back as LeChuck? If not, well, we can't have everything.)

Judging from the trailer, no. :/
  • edited June 2009
    As a Die hard fan of the original saga, and who isn't around here, I think only one thing is in order.

Thank you. Very much.

Even if it does not work out as good as we all hope.

Today, I'm a happy gamer.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't think we should give up on the game before its launched, everything about it looks amazing so I'm psyked.

"how appropriate you fight like a cow"
  • edited June 2009
    I have no words.

I'll be preordering as soon as I can.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh Telltale, how ye keep on amazing us.

What arrrrrrr ye mateys cookin' up next time?
  • edited June 2009
    I bet they've made a buttload of money on the preorders already :D

that's ok, I know this community and we all pretty much just WANT them to take all of our money.

Once they start rolling out some merchandise...holy moly

(ps we want more artbooks and posters! :D)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I'm in total shock. I can't believe it :eek::eek::eek:

I thought you must have known, after visiting the office a few months back. We kept talking about people being busy because they were in "Monkey Mode" and I could have sworn someone had it up on their screen. But yeah, that's why you weren't allowed into the back half of the office :)
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    I thought you must have known, after visiting the office a few months back. We kept talking about people being busy because they were in "Monkey Mode" and I could have sworn someone had it up on their screen. But yeah, that's why you weren't allowed into the back half of the office :)

I'm glad I never saw it.. It allowed me to join in the fun of today.. the 5 hours of W&G must have numbed me to any MI references.. :p Plus I had got my head around Lucasarts never giving up any of its licenses that even If I saw it I still wouldn't have believed it.
  • edited June 2009
    When I first joined up with this site way back at the beginning, I had this day in mind. Honestly, I never thought it would actually happen. This is truly amazing. Congratulations Telltale. This has only happened because you guys have been so successful with the other franchises you have produced.
  • edited June 2009
    Will there be insult sword fighting????
  • edited June 2009
    I'm so stunned right now I can't even think.
  • edited June 2009
    OH....MY....GOODNESS!!!!! This is the biggest, most unexpected, wonderful suprise I could have ever thought possible when going to check my worldofmi email.

......must....start.....breathing again. *faints*
  • edited June 2009
    I love the new Monkey Island logo. LOVE IT!
  • edited June 2009
    I'm really glad you are making another Monkey Island game. So glad that I stayed up all night reading about it.

I'm glad... and dead tired.
  • edited June 2009
    I know this is asking too damn much, but...
    Episodic Full Throttle in the future?
    Maniac Manion: DOTT?
    Grim Fandango?
  • edited June 2009
    Full Throttle rules!
    Full_Throttle_ZX_Spectrum_Inlay.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Full Throttle rules!
    Full_Throttle_ZX_Spectrum_Inlay.jpg

Tasty!

FullThrottle_can.jpg

seriously, did they pay royalties for that logo or what?
  • edited June 2009
    I know I've already said my thank yous, but I feel like that's not enough! I'm seriously going to buy all your games... just as SOON as I get a job. XD
    <--- Only 15.
    Also, I think you guys should steal-- *Ahem* "make" a new Psychonauts game.
    Just kidding. :P
  • edited June 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    I know I've already said my thank yous, but I feel like that's not enough! I'm seriously going to buy all your games... just as SOON as I get a job. XD
    <--- Only 15.
    Also, I think you guys should steal-- *Ahem* "make" a new Psychonauts game.
    Just kidding. :P
    Check out Brütal Legend when it comes out. It's from Tim Schafer and a lot of the people that made Psychonauts, so you know it's going to be good.
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Tasty!

FullThrottle_can.jpg

seriously, did they pay royalties for that logo or what?

fullthrottle.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Voll Trottel!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.