Forum Users : Prey

Comments

• So is it safe to assume that everyone wants to keep it the same and that Max should call both for backup :P

• Yep. Pretty much, I just got back. Going to start writing now!

Voting Closed. Max will call both for backup.

PoopBrown posted: »

So is it safe to assume that everyone wants to keep it the same and that Max should call both for backup :P

• Just putting it out there. It would be good if we had a CIA agent, reporter and cameraman. If you're interested then submit :p

• I can do it, but I've already submitted one. So I'll wait and see if anyone else does and if not I will.

Just putting it out there. It would be good if we had a CIA agent, reporter and cameraman. If you're interested then submit

• edited November 2014

Max Anderson

[Call up both]

Well, if I want to stay alive I better play it safe. Max thought to himself. It sounded pretty dangerous over there so he needed all the help he could get. First he dialed Officer’s Davis’ number. A rough voice calls into the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey Warren. Can’t talk for long. Remember that favor you owe me?” Max said.

“Yeah…” Warren replied.

“Meet at the usual spot, tell no one, bring no one.” Max said quickly hanging up. He then dialed Rodrigo and checked the windows; he closed the blinds as he waiting for someone to pick up.

“Hey this is Rodrigo. I’m probably playing video games and killing people.” He laughs, “Be right back gotta take a….” Beeeeeeep.

Oh great. “Hey Rodrigo, I need some help, there’s money in it, so call me back when you get this.” Max says and then hangs up. Okay, not bad. But this time, he needed to watch his back. The last time didn’t go so well. This was going to be a big catch, Max could just tell. Sliding into bed he pulled the blankets over himself, and stared at the clock. 12:43 p.m. tomorrow was planned out… He closed his eyes.

(?) Warren answered the call and accepted. Rodrigo did not pick up.

He woke up, rubbed his eyes, and looked at the clock. 10:29 a.m. Him and Warren would usually meet at 9:00! Max quickly threw on some loose clothes, brushed his teeth, and ran out the door, and getting into his car. He drove to the usual spot, a coffee shop a few blocks away from his house. Through the window he saw Warren, brown hair, and not in his police uniform. He was tapping the table with his finger, and held a cup in his hand.

Max walked in casually and sat in front of him in the booth. “Last time I’m helping you. If this goes well, maybe we can continue doing business.” Warren said.

Max told him what was going on, and Warren listened attentively. He nodded his head when Max was finished. “I’m waiting on Rodrigo to help us out.” Max said.

“Rodrigo? Bah, we don’t need a person like him around.” Warren said in disapproval.

“We need him, don’t deny it.” Max said. Warren said nothing. Max’s cell phone then rang. He looked at who it was… Rodrigo. “Speak of the devil…” He pressed the green phone. “Hey what’s—“

“Shhhhh. I-I need yo-your help. The, the store… R-robbers.” Rodrigo stuttered.

“OY! GIMME THE PHONE!” Someone yells in the background.

The last thing Max heard was a crack, and then the call was ended.

“Rodrigo’s in trouble!” Max told him.

“He’ll be alright, we need to catch the suspects before more people die. The robbers just want the money.” Warren said insisting they go ahead with the plan.

[We have to help Rodrigo and then we’ll go. These guys could be involved.]

[Fuck it let’s go to the drug deal.]

Tammy

“I’ll be okay dad. Take that medicine in an hour okay?” She said as she was about to leave.

“Yeah, yeah, I know. Just, watch out. I’ve heard there’s been something going on around here.” He said.

“Okay dad! I’m alright. See you later.” Tammy smiled, and closed the door. She was late. She swiftly walked to school. She saw some biker drive up to two guys who were laughing, and she walked faster, not wanting to be mixed up in that. The guy drove by, and turned the street, but she was already at the school. Getting to her locker, getting her books, and walking to the classroom as the bell rang. She sat in her chair, and watched Jaylen walk in.

She had a crush on him. He was a really cool guy, and was always nice at her. He saw her looking at him, and he winked. She blushed, turned away and got to her homework that she didn’t finish. She felt a ball hit her bun, and it bounced onto the floor. Jaylen was looking at her and then down at the paper. She picked it up and opened it. It was the answers!

Thank you she said with her mouth. She quickly copied down what he put down. “Passing love notes are we?” Kyle said from the back. She looked back at him and stuck out his tongue. The teacher that had just walked in heard what Kyle said and looked at Tammy who had turned around and felt her heart beating quickly.

“Would you like to share that with the rest of the class?” She said.

“No, I was just doing my work, and Kyle was bothering me…” Tammy said.

“May I take a look at it?” She asked.

Tammy reluctantly hands it to her, and she recognizes Jaylen’s writing, and looks at him. “Care to explain?” She said.

“Tammy just didn’t get some questions, I was helping her out.” Jaylen said calmly.

“Alright then.” The teacher says giving Tammy the paper back. She owed Jaylen big time. The class was finally over, and as she was walking out she squeezed Jaylen’s hand. “Thanks. I owe ya one.”

“Yeah, no problem.” He said coolly. He exited the class pushing Kyle from the shoulder outwards. Tammy last saw him walking with Kyle out the exit.

• Name: York Sanders

Personality: Ambitious , Curious , Funny , Emotional , Amorous

Back Story: Her father left his mother while she was pregnant and she died in a car accident when he was 7. From then he lived with his cousins. He always wanted to be a reporter but for paying the universty he works as a cameran. He never let anything stop him

Appearance: brown short hair , brown eyes ,5,5 feet tall

Group: Investigation

Just putting it out there. It would be good if we had a CIA agent, reporter and cameraman. If you're interested then submit

• Thanks. :p

supersagig posted: »

Name: York Sanders Age: 20 Gender: Male Personality: Ambitious , Curious , Funny , Emotional , Amorous Back Story: Her father le

• [Fuck it let’s go to the drug deal.]

Max Anderson [Call up both] Well, if I want to stay alive I better play it safe. Max thought to himself. It sounded pretty dangerous o

• [Help Rodrigo]

Great story so far, can't wait for more.

Max Anderson [Call up both] Well, if I want to stay alive I better play it safe. Max thought to himself. It sounded pretty dangerous o

• Thanks man! It means a lot :D

mr.quality posted: »

[Help Rodrigo] Great story so far, can't wait for more.

• Yup, I'm really liking where you are going with this.

Thanks man! It means a lot

• Alt text

likes comment Wow thanks so much. I like where it's going too! XD

Yup, I'm really liking where you are going with this.

• I hope you like it, its your story. You take it where you want it. "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars"

• Yesss! Jaylen is awesome! Great story so far :D

Now for the choice: Help Rodrigo

• Heh, both your characters always gettin the ladies. :p

Ashen

Taylen

Yesss! Jaylen is awesome! Great story so far Now for the choice: Help Rodrigo

• [Help Rodrigo]

• Ye ;). Well at least until she finds out I'm in a gang :P

Heh, both your characters always gettin the ladies. Ashen Taylen

• Some girls might find that attractive xD. But yeah, if she ever even has the chance to find out... Dun dun dunnnnn

Ye . Well at least until she finds out I'm in a gang :P

• Alt text

Some girls might find that attractive xD. But yeah, if she ever even has the chance to find out... Dun dun dunnnnn

• [Fuck it let's go to the drug deal]

I'm not sure why...

• I just realized that your profile pic is Dale. He was my favorite

• Me too. :D Did you know my favourite character in TWDG(Boyd from 400 days and S1 EP4) was actually based off of Dale ? I wish he hadn't died so early, that speech before he died gave me goosebumps.

I just realized that your profile pic is Dale. He was my favorite

• [We have to help Rodrigo and then we’ll go. These guys could be involved.]

• Him,I didn't know that but cool.

Me too. Did you know my favourite character in TWDG(Boyd from 400 days and S1 EP4) was actually based off of Dale ? I wish he hadn't died so early, that speech before he died gave me goosebumps.

• Since most of you voted...

Voting Closed! Max is going to help Rodrigo.

• Cory

He struggled through the crowd to get to his class. Some big guy that smelled like smoke hit him shoulder to shoulder pretty hard, that it felt sore. One girl in a scarf dropped a pencil, and Cory picked it up and gave it to her. He hoped she didn’t think he liked her he was just trying to be nice. Moving on he met up with his friend Hope. He didn’t like Hope’s new friend Gareth, but they still hung out, and Hope said he just needed to get to know him more.

Right now they were jogging on the field. In the corner of Cory’s eyes he noticed a figure, by the fence, he looked with both eyes and it was gone. “Did you see that?” He said quietly to Hope.

“No what was it?” He asked.

“Never mind.” Cory replied, thinking his mind was just playing tricks with him. Eventually they were finished. And they were walking back. “Well. I swear I saw this guy by the fence. Or was it a girl? I’m not sure. It felt like they were watching us.” Cory said.

“That’s weird… Don’t worry about it.” Hope replied.

“So uh.. Why do you hang around Gareth? He’s kind of mean.” Cory said.

“I told you. He’s a nice guy when you get to know him.”

“Did you see him go off on that minor Melvin? And don’t get me started on Otto. I saw the whole thing.”

“Sometimes he does things that he doesn’t mean to do. But enough about him. What have you been up to?”

“Nothing much, just the usual. And you?”

“Pretty good. But my sweater probably stinks right now.”

“It does.” Cory said back, and they both laugh.

“Gotta go, see you later.” Hope said walking away. Cory waves and goes to his next class.

Max Anderson

[We have to help Rodrigo and then we’ll go. These guys could be involved.]

“We have to help Rodrigo, and then we’ll head on to the drug deal. He’s an asset and could be in danger.” Max said, making his choice.

“Okay, but from now on we do things my way. Alright?” Warren said. Max nodded and they rushed outside into Max’s car. He drove as fast as he could it wasn’t that far. He parked, and they both got out of the car, and Warren had his gun ready. Inside Rodrigo was filling the bag with cash, as a gun was pointing at his head. He seemed to be alone. “We need him alive. He could be a part of this.” Max said. Warren nodded and began creeping towards the man with the gun, slowly, and carefully.

Warren grabs the guy and puts a gun to his head. “Drop your weapon, and put your hands up.” The guy complies. Right as Warren was about to pull out the handcuffs something slides over Max’s head, and he drops his gun. “Let him go or I shoot your friend.” Warren says.

“Likewise.” The man with Max replies.

Someone shoots a bullet, and Max felt his heart jump out of his chest. Did that mean he was going to die? But the bullet hit near him. He could hear the ringing in his ears. The man behind him swore. “Fuck!” He said. Then Max could hear someone choking. “In the car. Now!” Someone yelled, and Max was pushed forward.

Max struggles to get out of the person’s grasp, but he feels two pairs of hands hauling him away. Every time he tried to escape, he was kicked in the ribs. Police sirens were heard from a couple blocks away. He was thrown into a trunk, along with someone else, probably Warren, and they felt the car begin to drive away.

(?) Max and Warren stopped the robbery but are kidnapped!

• Name: Jared Anderson

Personality: Jared is calm, cold and calculating, regardless of the amount of trouble he always keeps a cool head, he is a bit serious but rather charming.

Backstory: Son of a policeman that died while working undercover for the DEA, he always admired his father and decided he was going to be the same, however he was wrong about that since he was way better at this whole "spy" thing than his father, after working undercover and managing to get enough information and evidence to take down a small slave trade operation he was contacted by the CIA and soon became one of it's best agents, he never really questions the government's orders and carries them without hesitation, he is a rather good marksman and extremely good at negotiating.

Appearance: He has dark skin that looks almost like dark chocolate (The sexiest of all skin colours IMO), piercing green eyes, black hair and wears a buzzcut with square edges, and a goatee his face is a bit elongated and he is just above average height.

He wears some pointy shiny black dress shoes, black dress trousers, a light blue silk shirt and a black tie, he has a pair of square frame-less glasses.

Group: Investigation.

I'm not as good at this as I thought, I have tons of ideas for characters but I don't seem to be able to write them down, anyway here is one CIA guy, I wasn't very creative but my idea for a jazz band whose lead singers are murder investigation detectives is kinda hard to execute and a bit silly, still I'll see if I can pull it off somehow, I mean hard for me, maybe it'd be easier for someone else, still I have tons of ideas but I find it kinda hard to write them down.

I'm working on other characters too but, IDK, I think I take too long creating them.

• Thanks, I like him.

kaleion posted: »

Name: Jared Anderson Age: 34 Personality: Jared is calm, cold and calculating, regardless of the amount of trouble he always keeps a c

• edited November 2014

Sorry, thanks :p I was eager to write the next part.

ComingSoon posted: »

Aw I missed the vote Awesome part though!

• Aw I missed the vote :(

Awesome part though! :D

• Hope he's useful, you're missing a reporter though... I'm not really sure I can do that so I hope someone else takes care of that, in any case I'll give it a shot but if I'm honest I'm not really happy with most of the characters I've written which is why I didn't submit most of them >_>

Seems kinda weird considering it's not like they are super original but whatever, it's not like I have to submit them if I don't want to.

Thanks, I like him.

• edited November 2014

He will be! If you don't like it then you don't have to submit it, I think maybe you're just being too hard on yourself. But it's entirely up to you. I'll take anything! (I even took a magical "troll alien" for my zombie story haha)

Hope he's useful, you're missing a reporter though... I'm not really sure I can do that so I hope someone else takes care of that, in any ca

• I'm a very critical person so of course I'm hard on myself, anyway you're writing the story so it's a bit different, if you choose to work with just about anything you're trying to improve your writing skills by working with bad or crazy characters and trying to make an enjoyable entertaining story with them.

Since I'm coming up with characters I'd like to make them good enough that you can think what would they do in "X" situation and kinda be able to figure it out because of the characterization I gave them, of course I also have to not give them too much characterization so that they are flexible enough to be able to do whatever you need them to do which is rather hard.

Ideally the character that would make me the happiest is one that you would enjoy writing, in any case like I said way before I'm kinda new to this and when I'm new to something I kinda like I get really into it, I'll either get interested enough that I start writing stories myself or I'll get bored and lose interest.

Anyway it's not like it frustrates me, this is my idea of fun I guess, I like over-thinking and over-analysing things.

I do have a question though. I chose to participate in various of these things and I kinda wanted to ask this to everyone that makes them but, do you prefer to work with well-defined characters or vague ones?

I mean both have advantages but maybe by doing one that's too specific I could be making things harder for you.

He will be! If you don't like it then you don't have to submit it, I think maybe you're just being too hard on yourself. But it's entirely up to you. I'll take anything! (I even took a magical "troll alien" for my zombie story haha)

• edited November 2014

Hey Raging, would it be possible to make an undercover cop in the Dusters?

• I work with anything! I don't have trouble writing with much, well I kind of do, but I still write the part but I don't feel it was that good, but it turns out it wasn't so bad so I don't really care anymore if it's bad or not. The way you've been making characters is actually just enough. Some are really vague, and some are very descriptive, but yours are pretty on point. Honestly it doesn't matter to me, I can work with any character that's handed to me, maybe some more then others. But altogether what you've been doing is good enough.

If you want to make it more descriptive, or vague, then go right ahead. Whatever you find easiest would make me happy. I feel more comfortable when other people feel comfortable so what you want to do, is what I want you to do. That may be just me though, so you will have to ask the other writers the same question just to make things easier for them, but you don't have to worry about me.

I'm a very critical person so of course I'm hard on myself, anyway you're writing the story so it's a bit different, if you choose to work w

• edited November 2014

Yeah, sure, but most of them are teenagers/high school students, so maybe he/she would be hired to infiltrate them, but there are older members like Otto, and Gage, but high school students are less suspicious. Haha! it looks like the dusters are already suspicious that you guys want an inside man so this story doesn't go as bad as it might.

Yeah go ahead!

Note: Just putting it out there, We have a lot of guys in the story, so some more girls/women could help, if anybody's interested then submit! :p

Hey Raging, would it be possible to make an undercover cop in the Dusters?

• Well that's good to know, but if I do what I want to do I just have to warn you that I might not make many characters because I have a horrible habit of leaving things halfway done, in any case I'll try because I want to but I wouldn't expect much, mostly because most of my current ideas involve sets of 3 to 6 characters and if I get lazy enough to not finish any set it's unlikely that I'll post them, plus it's a lot harder to work with that many characters, in the odd chance that I do finish them I'm very glad to know that you'd be OK with anything as I was thinking that maybe doing groups of inter-connected people might be too much.

Anyway like I said I'll work on them but I guess I'm not promising anything, for what is worth though, this story seems rather interesting so far and I like your style of writing, so that's good I guess.

I work with anything! I don't have trouble writing with much, well I kind of do, but I still write the part but I don't feel it was that goo

• Name: Faith (now we have hope and faith lol)

Personality: Tricky, manipulative, quiet, street smart, (academically dumb), morally conflicted

Back Story: Faith grew up in the hood and is looking to get out no matter what. Sadly her grades weren't all that high throughout freshman, sophomore, and junior years of High School. She thought she would never get work with a 2.2 GPA. But one day she was approached by some investigators and given an opportunity of a lifetime by being able to get paid while doing barely anything. All she would have to do is join the Dusters and be a spy for the investigators. She's fine with the job except for one problem, Jaylen, a member in the gang, is her brother. And she is morally conflicted on which side she should take. Sometimes giving out false info on purpose to protect her little brother. The biggest question for her is family or money.

Appearance: African American, michonne skin tone, long black hair and brown eyes. Usually wears yoga pants to get the attention of certain boys. A middriff. And she has boots.

Group:

Yeah, sure, but most of them are teenagers/high school students, so maybe he/she would be hired to infiltrate them, but there are older memb

• Name: Naylene Davies

Personality: She is pretty persistent and curious, and a rather fast talker, brave and isn't really afraid to speak her mind, very charismatic, she is pretty smart but doesn't really know when to stop, doesn't like being lied to, very skeptic.

Backstory: From a young age she was always skeptic and interested in finding out the truth and letting others know what the truth was, when she was 7 she overheard some older students say that Santa Claus wasn't real so the next Christmas she tricked her parents into thinking she was already asleep and snuck out and hid below a table that was the nearby tree with a camera by her side, she was barely able to stay awake but at 1 AM she finally saw her parents sneak out of their room and go outside and fetch the presents, once they were about to put the presents under the tree she came out from below the table and started taking pictures, her parents weren't really happy and they tried to bribe her into not telling her siblings but she refused and told them anyway "ruining" Christmas for everyone in the process, except she didn't and while her youngest brother cried a lot over it he stopped caring about it a few hours later, as she grew older she found out she wanted to be a reporter and during high school and university she enrolled in multiple student newspapers and radio shows.

She now works for a local news network and is trying to make a name for herself, she also writes articles for a few magazines and has an editorial blog.

Appearance: White light pink-ish skin colour, long wavy red hair, dark green eyes, slim figure and average height.

She normally wears black fur boots, black leather shorts, a black loose blouse, a light blue thin cotton scarf and a pair of rectangular glasses with a thick black frame.

Group: Investigation.

So I tried making a reporter since you said it'd be good to have one and nobody else made one, anyway here it is, I haven't given up on the other characters yet but I kinda got too lazy to finish them so I have a lot of unfinished bios on my computer, I'll try to finish one of the groups at least but not making promises, still I've already made 4 characters for this story so maybe I should stop, then again having some spare characters could be useful if you need people to kill off later on...

• No problem. Thanks and good luck :P

Well that's good to know, but if I do what I want to do I just have to warn you that I might not make many characters because I have a horri

Sign in to comment in this discussion.