the dead's redemption: forum story

Comments

• [let him help]

mr.quality posted: »

[bring him along] Dan- get up, your coming with us. Susan- you seriously trust this guy? Dan- no, not at all. but knowing something

• [take a drink]

[talk it out] Kyle- fine, fine. we can talk. just cut her down. and don't try to take my foot off with any more arrows. Jake- fine. ta

• [refuse]

[talk it out] Kyle- fine, fine. we can talk. just cut her down. and don't try to take my foot off with any more arrows. Jake- fine. ta

• Take a drink - why the fuck not :D

Great part!

• [Take a drink]

• [let him help]

Dan- fine. you do something. I have no clue where to begin.

Armstrong pulls his bag off his shoulders and looks around in it. he pulls out a small case, a first aid kit.

Dan- is that going to be enough?

Armstrong- I don't know. this place has a clinic, but it might be hard to get in. and besides that we cant even think of moving her in this condition.

Dan- I can take someone and make a run for the clinic. you stay here and do what you can.

Dan looks at the remaining members of the group. there aren't a lot. they either died or refused to come back.

Dan-Susan, come with me. the rest of you stay here.

there really wasn't a point in saying that. the only people left were Bianca, Armstrong, and some guy who came back with them. he was one of the original guards. Dan turned to leave and Susan followed.

Armstrong- do you even know where to look?

Dan suddenly felt stupid, he was about to go tromping around the camp with armed hostiles creeping around. Armstrong could tell by the look on Dans face that he didn't know where he was going.

Armstrong- go left and look for the building marked with a big red cross.

Dan- thanks.

Dan left with Susan following. the headed left and down the road, careful to stay behind cover. occasionally they could hear gunshots, but they were coming from the center of camp. soon they find a building marked with a red cross. a few bodys lay near the building. casualties of war.

Dan- come on, have a gun ready I don't trust this.

Dan and Susan pull out their guns and go into building, the only people inside are military medics. They were all shot through the head. Dan and Susan move into the back stockroom. it looks like nobody's been back here. They take their bags off and begin to take everything they can. a noise comes from the back of the room.

Dan- what was that?

Susan- I don't know.

Dan- stay close.

Dan moves past the rows of shelves towards where he heard the sound come from. he hears it again and stops. the sound it right next to him. he looks around and finds a person laying on the floor. he looks familiar. Larry.

Dan- hey, are you ok?

Larry dosent respond but instead begins to crawl towards Dan making a horrible moaning sound. Susan shoots him in the head.

Dan- shit that gunshot is going to attract those guys. we need to move. fast.

they both grab everything that looks nessisary off the shelves and run out the door. they run behind a building as several armed enemys enters the clinic. Dan and Susan run back the the building, when they get there Megan is conscious but in pain.

Armstrong- did you get it?

Dan- take a look.

Dan and Susan hand him the bags, he rummages through them and looks pleases, he takes out a small bottle of pills.

Armstrong- you did good.

he takes a few of the pills out and gives them to Megan, he also gives her some water. she swallows the pills with some difficulty.

Dan- is she going to make it?

Armstrong- you got everything I needed then some, with any luck she should be fine.

Bianca- whats our next move?

???- we should go after the hostages.

Dan was surprised by the man voice, he forgot the man had come with them.

???- their being held at the meeting building. their guarded by multiple guards, but if we cause a distraction we can get them.

Susan- and how do you know this?

???- why you were gone I did some recon.

Armstrong- Megan is in no condition to move, we need time.

???- We don't have time! their killing the hostages one by one. and if we don't do anything they wont stop.

Megan- I can... I can walk.

Megan trys to stand but falls to the floor, Armstrong catches her and puts her back in the chair.

Megan- we-we need... to do something... we cant.. we cant just sit here.

Armstrong- and we cant just let you get yourself killed either.

???- what if we just have her stay here?

Armstrong- we cant leave her alone either.

???- then you stay here to. but whatever we do we need to do it now.

choice

[go find the hostages]~ without Megan or Armstrong

[wait]

• [go find the hostages]~

[let him help] Dan- fine. you do something. I have no clue where to begin. Armstrong pulls his bag off his shoulders and looks around

• [go find the hostages]

[let him help] Dan- fine. you do something. I have no clue where to begin. Armstrong pulls his bag off his shoulders and looks around

• Go find the hostages

• Hey guys, it might be awhile before I can get a new part up. I'm going away for awhile. Sorry. Happy new years.

• Happy new year for you!!

Hey guys, it might be awhile before I can get a new part up. I'm going away for awhile. Sorry. Happy new years.

• Happy new year mr.quality!

Hey guys, it might be awhile before I can get a new part up. I'm going away for awhile. Sorry. Happy new years.

• Happy new year for you too!

• [Find hostages]

Dan- he's right, we can't sit here and wait for them to kill everyone. We need to act now.

???- finally someone with half a brain. Let's go.

Armstrong- fine. I'll make sure she's OK.

Everyone leaves the building leaving Armstrong and Megan. They head towards the center of the camp. They hide behind anything they can so they won't get spotted, although they never see a guard. Dan looks around the corner of a building and stops.

Dan- that's the meeting hall. Theres about three guards in there.

???- let's get closer.

They move to the meeting hall and hide below a window, out of sight. Dan looks in through a window and ducks back down.

Dan- scratch that, theirs five.

???- put your hands behind your heads.

Dan turns around and looks at the guy.

Dan- what?

???- look, if you pretend to be prisoners we can get inside easier. When were inside, draw your guns and shoot.

Susan- is this seriously th3 best plan ?

Dan- looks like its your only plan. Let's do this.

Gunshot.

???- we need to do it now. Let's hurry.

The man puts a gasmask and corrals the others to the front door and opens it.

???- hey! I found some people hanging around out there.

One of the gasmasked guards eyes the group. He seems to not like what he sees, he says something into his walkie talkie and looks back at the group.

Guard- Get on the ground Now! Surrender your weapons!

All the guards train their guns on them. Dan turns to run out the door but its blocked by more guards.

Guard- we've been expecting you, nice work Sanchez.

The guy that has been helping them takes off his mask and pulls out a walkie talkie.

Sanchez- sorry guys, you have to know where your loyalties lie.

Sanchez aims his gun at Dan.

Sanchez- look, your out numbered nine to three. Put down your weapons and we'll make it quick.

Dan looks to Susan and Bianca.

Bianca- we'll do whatever you do.

Choice

[Surrender your weapons]

[Fight back]

• I'm back! Sorry for the wait. New year was a blast. How was yours?

• [Surrender your weapons] - They surrounded them so it's probably a better idea to obey them.

[Find hostages] Dan- he's right, we can't sit here and wait for them to kill everyone. We need to act now. ???- finally someone with h

• [Surrender your weapons]

[Find hostages] Dan- he's right, we can't sit here and wait for them to kill everyone. We need to act now. ???- finally someone with h

• Fight back - They might be outnumbered, but they at least have to try to stay alive :P

• [Take a drink]

Helen looks at the rest of the group. They aren't much help.

Helen- um, sure

Jack smiles at Helen like he's done something. Jack goes behind the counter and brings out a bottle, he takes the top off and hands it to Helen.

Jack- now, if I were you I'd start slow. That shit packs a punch.

Helen looks at the bottle in her hand for a moment. This is definitely the worst idea she's had in awhile. She puts the bottle to her lips and takes a drink. She immediately regrets it. Her mouth begins to burn and she spits it out, all over the floor. Everyone laughed, jack just stared as if it happened all the time.

Helen- that. That was horrible! How do you drink it?

This comment is answered only by more laughing? Helen felt like a complete idiot, then Erica came forward and took the bottle.

Erica- no more of that for you.

She sounded disappointed but looked like she was trying not to smile. Jakes face turned red and he looked down at his boots.

Jake- sorry. I probably shouldn't have offered. It was stupid.

Erica- what do you mean? This stuff is great!

Helen looks over and sees Erica drinking the whiskey. Jake just looks more ashamed, but he continues to drink. Erica passes the bottle around and everyone takes a drink. Some fare better than others. Helen decided she better stay away. A happy mood floats in the room, it almost as if the world wasn't slowly dying. A constant stream of alcohol floats through the room. Helen seems to be the only one who can see how bad this can end. Something attracts Helens attention. Outside one of the traps had been sprung. A person was hanging upside down, it looked like walkers were attacking them. Helen ran to Jake.

Helen- there's someone in one of your traps!

Jake looks at her, but he doesn't seem to actually look at her.

Jake- let's go check it out. Maybe they want a drink.

His speech is slurred, he's obviously drunk. But that didn't matter. Helen walked towards the person, Jake stumbling behind her. Once she gets close enough she can tell its a woman, and she's not being attacked. Her friends are trying to get her out of the trap. Helen approaches them. Before she can say anything Jake stumbles up next to her and yells at them.

Jake- Hey! Got any whiskey?

The people look confused for a second then one of them speaks.

???- no. We don't have any alcohol. Not that you need any. What we bring is news. Good news. Let our friend here go, and we'll share everything we know.

Jake- darn. Are you sure you don't have any whiskey?

The man give Jake a stern look.

Jake- OK.OK. sorry for asking. Gosh, try to be a polite host around here.

Choice

[Let them free]

[Leave]

• [Leave]

[Take a drink] Helen looks at the rest of the group. They aren't much help. Helen- um, sure Jack smiles at Helen like he's done som

• [Let them free]

[Take a drink] Helen looks at the rest of the group. They aren't much help. Helen- um, sure Jack smiles at Helen like he's done som

• Leave

Dan cautiously looks to Bianca and Susan. He slowly pulls his pistol out and drops it to the floor. Susan and Bianca follow his lead.

Susan- I hope you know what your doing.

Dan- I hope I do to.

One of the guards runs up and snatches the weapons off the floor then falls back in line with the rest.

Sanchez- check them for weapons.

A few guards came forward and checked the group for weapons. After finding none they fall back. Everything happened so fast, so flawless. Like a well oiled machine, or a perfectly choreographed play. They'd obviously been doing this for awhile. Sanchez looked at Dan smugly. One of the guards came forward and spoke to Sanchez.

Guard- so what do we do now? Throw em in with the others?

Sanchez gave the group the once over like he was observing some spectacle at a carnival the looked at the guard.

Sanchez- no. We kill them. Make them an example. Don't mess with us.

The guards shot each other nervous looks, or at least Dan thought they might be nervous looks. Hard to tell when everyones wearing gasmasks. But reluctantly they all raised their guns and cocked them, aiming them at the groups heads. Just as they were about to start firing Dan heard a sound. A whistling sound. Then it got louder, the guards seemed unnerved by this sound. They lowered their weapons and looked around d the room as if it are somewhere in there. Sanchez obviously wasn't happy.

Sanchez- what are you doing? Shoot them!

Sanchez took his rifle off his shoulder and fumbled with the firing pin, he obviously didn't know anything about guns. By this time the whistling sound had grown so loud that it sounded like it could be just outside. Sanchez raised his rifle and leveled it at Dan's head.

boom

The entire left wide of the building collapsed sending debris everywhere. Sanchez was knocked of his balance and Dan ripped the rifle out of his hands. Dan aimed it and fired at the nearest guard, then the next, then the next. He worked the bolt like he has been doing it his whole life. He leveled the barrel at the last guard and pulled the trigger. The gun didn't fire. Out of ammo. But Dan heard a gunshot and the guard fell tot he ground with a hole in his head. Dan looked back at Susan and Bianca who were scared out of their minds, but neither one had a gun. Suddenly Dan heard a voice from outside.

???- come out with your hands up! No sudden movements!

The voice sounded loud and powerful. Dan dropped the rifle to the ground and turned and walked through the hole in the wall with his hands up, the rest of the hostages followed. Once outside Dan could see who was talking. A tall muscular man in a military uniform stood with a large group of soldiers, and one awkward looking woman in a business suit.

???- is anyone injured?

Someone yelled from the back that a few people had been crushed by debris. The solider looked to one of the men to his left and motioned for them to go. A few of them broke off and hustled into the building. Medics most likely.

???- who's in charge here?

No one answered but an oddly familiar voice spoke from just behind Dan. He knew the voice. It was zayne.

Zayne- no one, she's dead.

Dan spun around and saw zayne standing behind him. Zayne didn't seem to notice him, but Dan looked to Susan and showed her. She went ballistic, she broke down into tears and fell to the ground.

???- hey, what's wrong? Are you OK?

Dan- yeah, she's fine, uh, sir.

The man nodded to Dan like he approved it.

???- you, come with me. We need to talk.

It took a second to realize he was pointing at him. But Dan walked forwards towards the man. The man turned and began to walk.

???- walk with me. Daisy, you should come to.

The woman in the suit turned and followed.

Daisy- mike, shouldn't we help with the wounded?

Mike- it will be fine, we have people on it.

Daisy- right. Sorry.

Mike turned to Dan.

Mike- we have a lot to discuss. Some of what I say may not make sense to you. And the only reason I'm telling you this information is because we need your help.

Dan- I'll help in any way I can. But first, one of my friends is injured. She's in an old building down that street there.

Dan pointed out the street and mike said something into his radio.

Mike- don't worry, she'll be fine.

Mike continued to lead Dan until they reached a tent, mike waved Dan inside. Dan walked into the tent and took a seat at a chair.

Mike- thank you for coming. Now listen close, this is very important.

• Sorry for the abrupt end, I got tired. I'll get more out soon.

[Surrender your weapons] Dan cautiously looks to Bianca and Susan. He slowly pulls his pistol out and drops it to the floor. Susan and Bi

• Dan sits in the chair across from Mike. Daisy pulls up a chair next to mike.

Dan- so, what did you want to talk about?

Mike- the end. that's what I want to talk about.

Dan- what do you mean 'the end'?

Mike- what im saying is, one day or another this is going to end. we all die or we kill them all. Look, this thing is on its way out. and after its gone, were going to need to rebuild. its not easy but I can see your the kind of person that gets things done. we need every able hand that we can get. theres not many of us left, and that's all the more reason to continue the fight. to finish what what was started.

Dan- wait. you said on its way out. what do you mean by that?

Mike- Daisy here has more on that.

Mike looks at Daisy and Daisy begins to speak.

Daisy- yes, um. a few years ago the world was taken over by a horde of re-animated carcasses. the cause of the re-animation was a virus unlike any we at the CDC have ever encountered. after our central CDC building was over run and destroyed we had no choice but to move out. we moved into an underground bunker, built during the cold war to with stand nuclear missiles. weve had trouble getting any breakthrough. we were lucky enough to find out what we did. we worked without end to make a cure for it, but with every passing day more and more people lost hope. some saw our endeavor as a hopeless antic that would never succeed. and they were right. we couldn't do anything.

Mike- get to the point Daisy.

Daisy- sorry. um, just recently witnesses report that walkers around the DC area are dropping dead in the streets, the cause of this is unknown. but more areas as far west as Nevada and even now California are reporting the same. though farther west they are taking more time to drop. what im saying is, its over. its done. the virus is no longer airborne. someone out there was smart enough to make a full on cure and end this. i'll let that sink in for a moment.

Dan is astonished by these words, never had he thought that he'd live to see the end of this mess. but here it was. a cure slowly working its way westward from DC to California.

Dan- s-so. what do you want from me then?

Mike- like Daisy said, its moving west but taking its time. were here sent by the remaining members of the US government to establish a frontal offensive. our goal is to hunt down and exterminate all remaining walkers. starting in the remains of DC and move south along the coast then inland. where our other teams will be waiting for us. from there we push west into California. we retake the land, liberate the earth. once again we will all be safe, no longer living in fear... no longer spending every waking moment fearing death and always sleeping with one eye open. with your help we can promise your safety. not only yours, all of the United states. all you need to do is help. join us, march to the sea. liberate America so once again our children can peruse the American dream. please. i'm begging.

choice

[join the march]

[refuse]

• [refuse] LIER DANGER

Awesome Chapter!!

Dan sits in the chair across from Mike. Daisy pulls up a chair next to mike. Dan- so, what did you want to talk about? Mike- the end.

• Refuse

Dan sits in the chair across from Mike. Daisy pulls up a chair next to mike. Dan- so, what did you want to talk about? Mike- the end.

• [Refuse]

Dan looks Mike in the eye. Even though this guy may have saved him, Dan definitely did not trust this guy.

Dan- bullshit. All you want if free work. Your not planning on saving the world, your planning on forcing people to become your human shields!

Mike almost seemed hurt by this comment, but the guy had a serious poker face. Dan would seriously hate to play a round with this guy.

Mike- if that's how you see it, so be it. We can reclaim the world without you. No hard feelings. We'll just recruit who will come, then we'll n
    Be gone.

Dan- fine. Just stay away from my people.

Mike- I have no interest nor do I have need for your people.

Mike said the word "your" like it was a bad thing. Dan didn't know why but he seriously wanted to jump over the table and strangle this guy to death. But something told him that the rest of the militia wouldn't appreciate that.

Dan- just do what you need to and get out of here.

Mike shot Dan a very disappointed look.

Mike- you can go now. Were done here.

Dan turned and walked out of the tent as he left he could hear Mike yelling at Daisy. No person that was bent on saving the world would yell at someone like that for no reason. Dan pushed the thought to the back of his mind and continued walking until he came upon where they had set up a temporary infirmary. Dan decided to look inside to see if Megan was in there. When he entered the first thing that hit him was the smell. The smell of death hung in the air, Dan spotted a few dead people laying in the corner and almost threw up. One of the medics walked up to Dan. She seemed to young to be in the military. Dan assumed mike found her somewhere and she joined.

Medic- sorry for the uh... Ya know.

She looked over to the dead bodies, they obviously freaked her out.

Medic- my name is Sara, are you here looking for someone?

Dan was busy staring at the bodies and almost didn't hear her speaking.

Dan- huh? Oh, yeah. I am. Her name is Megan.

Sara pulled out a clipboard and checked it.

Sara- we have, one Megan here. Follow me.

Dan followed Sara through the maze of cots and other medics rushing around trying to help people. It was hectic. Eventually they reached Megan.

Sara- is this who you are looking for?

Dan- yeah. Thanks.

Sara nodded and rushed off, probably had more important matters than to chaperone Dan. Megan looked over at Dan, she seemed better.

Megan- hey, what's up?

Dan- damn, you recovered fast.

Megan- no, not really. Painkillers, I can't feel a thing. They said the bleeding stopped so I should be fine. Anyway, what happened here?

Dan recalled the story of what happened after they left, how they were confronted then came back and found her and were betrayed by Sanchez.

Megan- Sanchez huh? Always knew something was up with him. So, what do you plan to do?

Dan- what do you mean?

Megan- they told us all what was happening. Are you going or staying?

Dan- I don't trust them, I'm not going.

Megan- good, because I don't trust these guys. There story has to many flaws. We never in a million years build a bunker big enough to house the entire CDC! Especially during the cold war.

Dan heard yelling and a lot of commotion from outside.

Megan- go figure out whats going on, I'll be fine.

Dan didn't respond, he just go up and exited the tent. Outside looked like an army recruitment center on steroids. Multiple tables were set up manned by two people each. Lots of people were flocking to sign up. They'd be inspected, questioned, then if they passed they'd go climb into one of the trucks that were parked nearby. Dan knew there was no stopping this. He turned and walked against the flow of people back towards the ruined meeting hall there he found Susan, Bianca, and zayne sitting around and talking. Dan walked over and joined them.

a few hours later

The sun was beginning to set, creating a very picturesque landscape as it slowly disappeared behind the hills and trees. The army was beginning to pack up and leave with their brand new soldiers. The camp was split in half, half going half staying. It was beginning to get cold so the remaining survivors started to burn wood they had salvaged from ruined buildings. Dozens of small bonfires dotted the camp with each having five or more people huddled around them trying to stay warm. The battle had left the entire camp in ruins. But it showed on the people to. Their faces covered with soot and bloodied cloths. The entire scene reminded Dan of a city that had been bombed, leveled to the ground. But somehow, this nightmare had brought the camp closer together, they seems more connected, more energized, proud to be a survivor. As luck would have it, somehow a single guitar had survived the chaos. Someone had found it in a collapsed building and now they were playing it and the others were singing along to the songs. They were old-timey songs, but Dan still recognized most of them. A strange sense of pride filled Dan, even though they had lost so much, they could still be happy. Dan thoughts were broken only by the cheers of the military as they started their trucks and rolled out. Sad to Dee them go, but it was their choice. Tonight would be full. Of fun and rejoice, but tomorrow this had a new task in front of them. They had to rebuild their demolished camp....

• This is the end?

Amazing Chapter!!!!

[Refuse] Dan looks Mike in the eye. Even though this guy may have saved him, Dan definitely did not trust this guy. Dan- bullshit. All

• This was great! :D

[Refuse] Dan looks Mike in the eye. Even though this guy may have saved him, Dan definitely did not trust this guy. Dan- bullshit. All

• Amazing.

• Thanks, and no its not the end. Not yet. I think there might be 3-4 more.

supersagig posted: »

This is the end? Amazing Chapter!!!!

• Thanks!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

This was great!

• Thanks.

finlander posted: »

Amazing.

• So here's my plan.

1 more chapter of Kyle and his group. Then 2 epilogue chapters.

• [Leave]

Helen looks the people over. A bunch of rag-tag misfits. All those kind of people ever bring is trouble.

Helen- whatever you got, we don't want any.

???- but-

Jake- no buts. You heard her

???- how do we get our friend down?

Jake- not our problem. If you didnt want to spring a trap you shouldn't have been prowling around my walls. And to make it worse you brought "news" no whiskey.

The people look a little angry. But don't say anything in return. One of them takes out a knife and starts to cut the rope.

Jake- seriously? You had a knife the entire time but didn't think of cutting the rope?

???- fuck off.

Jake- fine, fine. Whatever makes you happy.

Jake turns and begins to stumble back towards the bar. Helen follows. Soon they are back inside, where things had gotten a little out of hand. Erica was throwing empty whiskey bottles at the wall, kyle was fighting an invisible man, and the rest were passed out. Jake looks at Helen.

Jake- maybe we should get out of here before something happens.

Helen agrees and follows Jake out the door and down the street. Jake doesn't say where their going, only that its one of his favorite places here, besides the bar. Soon they'd reach an old building, three story's tall, it resembled an old town house. Jake led her inside and up a flight of stairs until they were in the master bedroom. It was pretty nice considering this was there apocalypse. There was a set of doors on the far wall. Jake walked over and opened them revealing a balcony. Helen stepped out onto the balcony and was astonished. The balcony had a perfect view of Washington DC. Helen could see the Pentagon and other iconic landmarks. It was amazing. A small fire burned in a building close to the edge of the city. Helen knew that's where they just were.

Jake- this is the best view you can get in the apocalypse. Coming up here helps me think, clear my mind.

Helen- its beautiful.

Jake- about as beautiful as DC will ever get. Something happened a few days ago though. That building over there just blew up. I was standing here watching and it just, poof, gone. I wonder what happened.

Helen- we were there. A scientist was with us. We didn't trust him, so we left. Once we reached the city limits the entire thing exploded. Kyle said it was part of the mans plans to save the world. I don't know if it worked.

Jake pauses looking out at the city and the burning building.

Jake- it might have, it might have not. I haven't seen any walkers lately. But that could mean anything. But still, we need to have our guard up at all times.

Helen- yeah. No sense in getting killed for no reason.

Jake- right. So, if this really is over. What are your plans?

Helen- I- I don't know. I haven't thought about that in a long time. I never thought I'd live to see the end of this.

Jake- you and the rest of your group can stay here for as long as you like. I can tell your good people.

Helen- thank you.

It was getting dark out now. The sun had set awhile ago and there were no lights.

Jake- we should head back before it gets to dark.

Helen took another look at the burning building and turned to leave. She was done looking back, now she had to move forward. Tomorrow is a new day, with new challenges. It will be hard, it always has been and that will never change. But she had a feeling that if they worked together, they could move past any obstacle. Just like they always have.

When they reached the bar kyle had finished fighting the invisible man and Erica had run out of bottles to throw. Both of them were now passed out. Helen realized how tired she herself was and plopped down on the couch and fell asleep. Tomorrow is a new day. But those worries can wait until tomorrow.

• epilogue

three years later

St. Mark memorial apartments, Detroit

room 13B

Dan sat in his old recliner looking out the window of his new home. Detroit wouldn't had been his first pick to live, but after the apocalypse he didn't much care. Detroit was just fine, whenever he looks out the window Dan can see the city in a different way then most people would. the moss and vine growing up along the dilapidated buildings just adds character to Dan. it took a lot of time and effort to get the city to where it was now. in the beginning Dan wanted to stay at the camp in Canada, but in the end people didn't want to stay. they found relatives in other locations or better places to start again. Susan, Zayne, and Bianca all moved out to a small camp in the San Francisco area. Megan eventually succumbed to her wounds and died. As for Mike and the rest of his army, they completed their goal of liberating the United States, but other countries called upon their help. so they packed up and went across seas without thinking twice. Mike was killed when his convoy hit a mine on a British backroad. the mine was planted by a local farmer who came forward and claimed responsibility. just now, there was a knock on Dans door. Dan calmly walked over to the door and opened it. on the other side of the doorway stood his next door neighbor, Carlos. Dan had accidently stumbled upon Carlos while he was moving to Detroit. Carlos joined Dan and they entered Detroit together, Carlos found work as a courier who bring mail from the other camps.

Dan- Hey, come on in.

Carlos walked in and sat himself on the couch, Dan returned to his recliner.

Carlos- I got some mail for you.

Dan- Mail? from where?

it was odd, Dan had never gotten any mail as long as he had been here. Carlos looked at the envelope.

Carlos- San Francisco. you should be happy. I went a long way to get this.

Dan- yeah yeah. maybe i'll give you the title of US Postal Worker.

Carlos- haha, very funny. anyways, heres the letter. I got to go, I have a delivery in Dayton, then I get to go to Annapolis to spend the rest of the month with my family.

Carlos handed Dan the letter and turned to leave.

Dan- hey, be careful. I heard Bandits set up on I-75 so avoid that if you can.

carlos- your the boss.

Dan shot Carlos a small smile as he left. of course he left the door open, so Dan had to go close it. the he sat down looking at the Letter. it was a normal white envelope, when he opened it he found a folded paper inside. he unfolded the paper and read what was inside;

dear Dan,

its been awhile since we have spoken, you went to Detroit we went to San Fran. its kinda awkward for me to try to say this so im not going to sugar coat it. Susan has died, she was pushed of the Golden gate Bridge a few days ago. were holding a funeral in Reno Nevada on the 16th of this month. we would like you to come.

sincerely,

Zayne and Bianca

Dan refolded the letter and put it back into its envelope. he stuffed it into his coat pocket, wasting no time he packed what little food he had and walked out the door. he only had three days to get to Reno. but he was determined, he walked over to where the stables had been constructed and found the worker behind the counter.

Worker- morning Dan. you looking for a horse?

Dan- yeah. I got to get to Reno.

worker- damn, that's pretty far. what are you doing there?

Dan-... meeting an old friend.

worker- ah, I see. that one in stall three is yours. take it and go.

Dan- what about your pay?

Worker- don't mind that, just take the horse and go before I change my mind.

Dan didn't question and went to the horse. it was a prime steed with brown hair. Dan climbed on and road out of the city. Three days to Reno. nothing was going to stop him now...

• Aw. Thanks for the story, and mention. You did a great job!

So, I'm not going to do another chapter of epilogue, it kinda seems unnecessary. So, this is the end. I'd like to thank @finlander

• So, I'm not going to do another chapter of epilogue, it kinda seems unnecessary. So, this is the end.

I'd like to thank

@finlander

@NoHopeLeft

@supersagig

And, @Raging_Blades

Thank you all for being so kind and giving such positive feedback. I've had a blast doing this, but all good things must come to an end. You all have been a great audience and I'm saddened that this is the end. I cannot thank you all enough. Sincerely, Mr.Quality.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.