Terrible lag on xbox 360

Just got the game. Has terrible jerkiness and lag trying to do any actions. Almost unplayable. Is there any sort of fix I can get?

Comments

• EvanKEvanK Telltale Alumni

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if your 360 has an internal hdd, and how large it is?

• 250GB

EvanK posted: »

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if your 360 has an internal hdd, and how large it is?

• I am also having this problem. Just bought the disc version of Walking Dead 2 for Xbox 360 and it is all jumpy and hitching right from the opening credits.

Playing it on an Xbox 360 with 60GB Microsoft Xbox hard drive. I assumed after the problems last time that this would be fixed for the sequel!

What can I do?

• I have the same problem like ste7en.
    The game is almost unplayable during the action sequences.
    Why isn't there a "install on harddrive" option like for other games? Maybe this would help against the lags?

• I bought the disc version and started playing today, Xbox 360, 250GB. My excitement immediately stopped when I found out how incredibly laggy it was. Action sequences are unplayable, the options are gone before I even see them. I am seriously disappointed, is there anything to be done?

• edited November 2014

I have the lags too. Action sequences are much to fast for the lags. You never get the change to hit the right button. Install on harddrive would be fine. Maybe this could solve the lags.

XBOX Elite 250GB

• I hope you guys from Telltale will get a solution for this. I'm a supporter from your work from the beginning since your Sam & Max episodes, so I'm really kinda disappointed that the xbox360 port from this Fable series seems to be done not right from the technically point of view. Your graphic engine can't be so fierce to be the reason for all these lags. Where's your proper retail-version testing team if there's needed one before the official release? :(

• The lag is awfull and the game freezes frequently. Need a fix ASAP. I love the story of the game, but it is frustrating to deal with these issues. I dont know If it makes a difference, but I have the disc version.

• I am also having extreme issues with Wolf Among Us on the 360. I had been waiting for the disc version to come out and bought it, just to find out I can barely make it anywhere in the game with the amount of lag and frame rate dropping. I also noticed there wasn't an option to install the disc to my 320gb hard drive which I would have thought would help it. If this is gonna be the quality of stuff for consoles from now on I think my money would be better spent on other gaming franchises, though the story telling and immersion isn't quite the same :/ Please find a way to fix these issues soon or at least contact those of us with issues to let us know what the progress for a fix will be instead of keeping us in the dark.

• Well, I contacted the support team and they told me to clear my 360 system cache. It didn't work out for me, but maybe for some of you?
    Also you should have at least 10% free space on your HDD.

• Thanks for that, but that didn't work. I have cleared the cache and have 12 GB of 60 GB free space. That's 20 % and still, it lags horribly. Now I got beat up by Woody twice already... >_<
    Please give us a fix. This is AGAIN, a huge disappointment for us, that don't want or can't get Xbox Live...
    Why would you even release a disc? Don't you even try to run it on your machines once?

Doctore2002 posted: »

Well, I contacted the support team and they told me to clear my 360 system cache. It didn't work out for me, but maybe for some of you? Also you should have at least 10% free space on your HDD.

• 60 GB and after clearing cache and with 20% free space, it got worse....

EvanK posted: »

• I have a 320 gb hard drive that i've cleared the cache, and have 250gb of space open, so yeah that isn't the issue. Especially since it happens to me on The Walking Dead Season 1 GotY disc as well. I would like them to try to figure out what else could be the issue when it's clearly not the hardware (especially since I can run games like Destiny and Titanfall with no problems on my console)

Well, I contacted the support team and they told me to clear my 360 system cache. It didn't work out for me, but maybe for some of you? Also you should have at least 10% free space on your HDD.

• I got an answer from the support:

It is common for there to be some lag and hitching for the first few minutes of an episode, as it caches. Please also ensure that you do not have the digital version installed, as this may cause complications with the disc version.

Well, that's just silly. I paid for the whole game, and I want to play the whole game. Even "the first few minutes of every episode".

• edited November 2014

I agree and I'd say the first few minutes would be alright....if the game actually got rid of all the lag and hitching AFTER it cached, which it doesn't seem to do.

Edit: Received a reply to my question via email and guess what.....I was told the same song and dance and to fix it the same way I had already tried....Even after I put in to the email that I had taken those steps already and the problem persists. Way to read your emails properly.

hardcore88 posted: »

I got an answer from the support: It is common for there to be some lag and hitching for the first few minutes of an episode, as it ca

• That's weak... It's sad how Telltale support works. This was the last game I bought from them. I already regret buying TWDS2 since I read that it has the same problems...

Way to go, Telltale. Making money off us with your faulty disc versions and not even trying to fix the problems that we have...

I agree and I'd say the first few minutes would be alright....if the game actually got rid of all the lag and hitching AFTER it cached, whic

• If they don't fix this issue somehow I probably won't be buying anything else from them which sucks because I enjoyed the games.....When I got to play them -.-

hardcore88 posted: »

That's weak... It's sad how Telltale support works. This was the last game I bought from them. I already regret buying TWDS2 since I read th

• It's unfortunate, I really like the game. But I'm not about to purchase the season pass to a game that doesn't work. There's terrible lag, it doesn't respond to half of my button mashing, and sometimes instead of being where he needs to be, Bigby is standing in a neutral position and unresponsive. Is there any hope of future updates? I'm not paying for a broken game.

• Yeah, yeah, I'm having most of these problems too. I downloaded the free version of the game (with the whole Xbox Games for Gold thing or whatever it's called). Very noticeable lag everywhere. Even a weird glitch where Bigby will be standing neutral in a place he shouldn't be during an action sequence (if specifics are needed, it was during the fight in the bar in episode one). Load times are super long, but whatever. I'm mostly concerned about the lag and action sequence glitch.

• So it has been one full week now after I sent a second email to try to have this issue fixed and I even private messaged 2 of the "tech staff" members about this issue. Still no response. To be honest, I am about fed up with this. I've had better tech support/customer service from Comcast and that is pretty terrible to actually say. It isn't that hard to at least follow up an email when you still haven't fixed the issues that should have been addressed already.

• Have a read of my forum

• edited November 2014

I also had this problem with lag, everywhere in the game but mostly in the action sequences, I spent a good 3 hours last night trying different things to make it run better. This is what worked for me, I played last night for about 2 hours with no lag, and just started it up again, with no lag, running perfectly. I actually had to disconnect my xbox from the internet, when I did that, all Lag stopped, and haven't had any since, but as soon as It's connected while playing Wolf Among Us, it immediately lags again. This fix worked for me, and I wanted to share and see if it helped anyone else. Just have to leave it off the internet while playing and it works fine.

• I never connected my xbox with the internet, so unfortunately your option won't be a solution for me.

Vodalus27 posted: »

I also had this problem with lag, everywhere in the game but mostly in the action sequences, I spent a good 3 hours last night trying differ

• Well sorry about that then, Just thought it might be worth a shot.

I never connected my xbox with the internet, so unfortunately your option won't be a solution for me.

• sure it was and thanks for that :)
    telltale should consider to provide us with a patch!

Vodalus27 posted: »

Well sorry about that then, Just thought it might be worth a shot.

• I just had this issue the other day as well. It happened primarily during the action scene at the end of episode 1. I missed entire sections and almost died a few times.

I have a xbox 360 with a 250gb hdd, it's just under 2 years old and never had any issues, and have a digital copy of the game. I'd be interested in picking up the season pass, but not if I can't play it properly.

As a side note, also picked up titanfall, tales from the borderlands, and several other digital copies this week and all of them run perfectly.

• its been a month and still no fix i was waiting for xmas to play this game i was so excited but now im about to return the darn thing its really upsetting

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

For those of you experiencing the issue, please try restarting your console, then start the game again, and see if the hitching/freezing is resolved.. If you still experience the issue, please try disconnecting from the internet, and then start the game again. Please also make sure that if you are playing the Disc version, that you do not have the digital download version installed on your console as well, as this may cause issues with the game. If the issue remains, please also try Clearing your System's Cache then start the game again.

• Did everything you mentioned... Nothing was resolved.

I just played through the segments anyway, and had to image what must have happened at that stage of the fight. Also, I had an issue near the end of the game specifically when you confront the Crooked Man in the warehouse, after the Bloody Mary scene. The options were all in Spanish, so I reset the game hoping maybe it was just a weird glitch. It happened once more, so I reset again and they reverted back to English, but the hint/unlocked information (Example: The Crooked Man will remember that...) was in German. I do understand a fair bit of German, so I was fine with it. However, it was definitely unexpected.

I don't know if there is a known fix for this. I have the digital copy for Xbox 360 that I downloaded prior to Christmas. Love the game BTW, story is great, and definitely unexpected twists. But the glitches definitely detract from the overall experience.

For those of you experiencing the issue, please try restarting your console, then start the game again, and see if the hitching/freezing is

• The main areas I experienced lag where I was unable to do anything were:

Season 1: The chase scene (periods throughout), The fight with Gren from the point he lifts you into the air (couldn't tell what was going on, just that I got picked up and took damage) and it is choppy the remainder of the fight.
    Season 5: The Bloody Mary fight when she ambushes you on either path. It didn't even show the button to dodge until after I had been hit (multiple attempts to see if I could ever dodge this).

I know that there were others, but these stuck out the most.

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team for further investigation into the issue.

• I have the same problem !!!!!!. The game is unplayable during the action sequences. PLEASE AN UPDATE, PLEASE TELLTALE, i'm not rich and i don't want to pay again for the digital version....

• After 2 months of the same issues being constant I not only traded in my copy but every time someone at my store starts to pick it up I tell them about the experience (well lack there of really due to being unable to play and lack of a patch to sort out these ongoing issues). Needless to say no one has bought a copy on my shifts since I bought the game. It is a very sad era of gaming where companies are allowed to revert to the older days and release broken/half finished games. In the future, extensive testing and knowledge of the dev kits for the systems you would like to produce a product for other than pc should probably be apart of your process of making a game. I am disappointed because every console version of a game TellTale has released has been terrible compared to the pc counterpart. As a reviewer I couldn't even bring myself to try and give this a review because it would have been rated so low and the story of TWAU doesn't deserve it, just the ports to the consoles. So please, in the future, stop wasting our time and money by giving us a sub-par experience.

• And still nothing..........

• Same problem. Plenty of memory, not hooked up to the internet. Fix the problem or recall the game. Do you think it's ok that we spend our money excited to play the game and then are unable? I've been playing games since Atari came out and I just cannot believe that a company would put out a broken game with no fix. This is Bullshit.

Can you please clarify if you have the Free Trial/Demo version of the game possibly downloaded on your console? This has been known to cause issues with the disc version of the game. If so, please try deleting the free digital version of the game, then try starting the disc version again.

• None of these solutions are helping at all. I do not have the Trial/Demo version of the game on my console and I have tried all the other options given.

My apologies, are you currently playing the disc version, or the digital download version of the game? Also, how big is the hard drive on your Xbox 360, and do you have at least 10% space left on the hard drive?

J_Fred posted: »

None of these solutions are helping at all. I do not have the Trial/Demo version of the game on my console and I have tried all the other options given.

• I am playing the disk version of the game. My hard drive is 500 GB and is practically new. There is also much more than 10% space left on the hard drive.

My apologies, are you currently playing the disc version, or the digital download version of the game? Also, how big is the hard drive on your Xbox 360, and do you have at least 10% space left on the hard drive?

This discussion has been closed.