Terrible lag on xbox 360

2»

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Are you currently playing on an HDTV using component cables, or an HDMI cable? Also, is your Xbox 360 set to display the correct aspect ratio? (720p/1080i/1080p?)

J_Fred posted: »

I am playing the disk version of the game. My hard drive is 500 GB and is practically new. There is also much more than 10% space left on the hard drive.

• I am using an HDTV and I am using an HDMI cable. My Xbox 360 is also set to display the correct aspect ration. I have never had any kind of problem like this with any other game. I have tried disconnecting to the internet I've tried deleting the game saved file and retrying it and I have tried all other options listed above none have made any kind of difference.

Are you currently playing on an HDTV using component cables, or an HDMI cable? Also, is your Xbox 360 set to display the correct aspect ratio? (720p/1080i/1080p?)

• If you go the disc version: Telltale games clearly doesn't know how to make a proper disc game :/

• If that's the case then I should be reimbursed with a code for the digital version to make this right. I own an unplayable game I all I want is to make it playable. I do not care whether this comes from a game update, a code for the digital version, or any other solution they can come up with. This is just plain unfair.

If you go the disc version: Telltale games clearly doesn't know how to make a proper disc game

• I`ve just found a solution for the lag in this game. This is what I do: Everytime I am going to play, I go to Audio/video options from the main menu and deactivate the subtitles, then I Activate it again. When I do this, the lag dissapear for some reason. This works for me, and I really hope that everybody can fix this problem with the same method. Let me know if it works for you guys. PD: Pardon me if my english is not right.

• I'll try and I will let you know how it goes thanks.

TequilaJeff posted: »

I`ve just found a solution for the lag in this game. This is what I do: Everytime I am going to play, I go to Audio/video options from the m

• edited March 2015

So, 3 months after I send a response to the second email from TellTale I get another email back (which by now I have long since traded the game in) and they not only said they are not updating the disc version to fix their screw ups, they sent me a new "fix". Pause the game during the first part of any given episode and let it "buffer" for 10 minutes......THAT IS NOT A FIX! This company should stick with pc imho.

Edit: I am very insulted by the fact they even suggested that, and it took 3 months to respond.

• This is whole problem is pretty ridiculous just like the response you received. They obviously have no intent to fix their very broken game. Honestly they should be reported to the better business bureau for conning so many people out of their money.

So, 3 months after I send a response to the second email from TellTale I get another email back (which by now I have long since traded the g

• I didn't see a difference after doing what you suggested sorry.

J_Fred posted: »

I'll try and I will let you know how it goes thanks.

• You gotta let the game buffer? oh man how did this get past testing, Ive played a lot of games on the xbox 360, 200+ and ive never had any game do this to me, I picked it up at target liquidtion here in in Canada for 3$, and the xbox one version for 5$ is that one any better? Luckily TWD wasnt this buggy, but does anyone know if the Digital version does this?

Really disappointed with Telltale for this game, but luckily GOT and TWD are pretty stable for the most part

• Actually after a few min the episode played out just fine, just a minor annoyance if anything, meh for 3$ cant be complaining :)

darkmafia99 posted: »

You gotta let the game buffer? oh man how did this get past testing, Ive played a lot of games on the xbox 360, 200+ and ive never had any g

• I've been having the same problem. The game chugs like a fratboy, and glitches, but only at the Trip Trap sequence in episode 1. My 360 has the 250 gig HD, with 90 gigs free, and it's connected with the HD component cable.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team. Can you please clarify if after rewinding to the chapter/checkpoint before the Trip Trap Bar sequence, that you experienced the same hitching/lag the second time through?

NanuNanu14 posted: »

I've been having the same problem. The game chugs like a fratboy, and glitches, but only at the Trip Trap sequence in episode 1. My 360 has the 250 gig HD, with 90 gigs free, and it's connected with the HD component cable.

• April 2015... Still lagging like hell. Have to pause it every time a scene starts to manage to avoid a "little" the continuous freezing and lagging of Wolf among us. Isn't there anything? Really? Makes the game really boring. I don't see it as a game, i see it as an interactive movie, i just leave the controller by my right side and watch the movie (wich is cool), and use the buttons when needed. So this lagging makes the experience not so enjoyable. Can't believe that having such good stories won't try to make the best out of it, they're missing something important.
    By the way have tried all options discussed here, even the subtitle one (nothing to do with nothing, but maybe? -not-).
    Hope they find a way to fix this or they're not gonna last.

This discussion has been closed.