The Walking Dead: Life & Death [CANCELLED]

Comments

• Will the characters eventually all meet up and form a group or will it be about each character have their own parts?

• Can't tell you all of the little secrets going on behind the scenes hehe...

TheFurryOne posted: »

Will the characters eventually all meet up and form a group or will it be about each character have their own parts?

• edited December 2014

The Walking Dead: Life & Death Episode 1 – Who We Once Were Part 3

Atlanta, Underground Subway System, 1:10 PM

Victoria

The young woman spun around on the floor and slowly got up, using the nearest bench for support. Her sore bones crackled as she stood up, and she let out a few grunts. Once she was on her feet, she noted her legs to be a bit feeble. She felt like she was off balance and could fall at any minute, which made her lower limbs tremble a bit. Her eyes began to adapt, and she could detect most of the subway’s windows shattered and that she was alone in that one carriage.

She turned around and gaped at the driver, who was still battering on the room’s door to get her. She was confused and had no idea of what was going on. But she knew that she was drowning in an obscure penumbra and she had to get to the streets. Find someone who could help her, the police, something.

She looked to her left and spotted that the door was luckily open. She shuffled through it, stepping into a tunnel dipped in an ebony abyss. She couldn’t know how long was the tunnel. The silence was oppressing, only sometimes hearing a squeak or the sparkles of a broken cable, that lit her surroundings for a millisecond.

Not knowing any other choice, she started dragging herself with a hand propped against the crashed subway along the tunnel, hoping to find a way out. She sometimes had to avoid larrikin debris and her pace was loitered. And thankfully, she could see a light at the end of the tunnel: an escape.

Atlanta, Underground Subway System, 1:30 PM

Bianca

“Fu…fuck…!” Bianca sorted in pain.

She herself wasn’t going to good too. Ever since the van had been flopped around, gravity was altered and Bianca was lying on the wall, her wrists scratched and a chop across her forehead. She had survived the crash. Outside, she could hear the sound of the engine deteriorating, and could even get a small sniff of the smoke. She peaked towards the driver’s seat, and spotted a shadow bent over the steering wheel, immobile. But that wasn’t the same thing with the policewoman in front of her.

The policewoman was moving. She was rolling around on the ground, flailing her claws towards Bianca. The only thing stopping the woman from reaching her was Bianca’s foot thrust in her chest. The woman had rotten skin and her eyes were grey and empty like two big moons. She seemed to have died from the impact, considering a metal rod that had gone through her chest. But she was back. And different.

“Why…you ain’t…dead?!” Bianca shouted between breaths, concentrating her strength on keeping that creature from her.

Then salvation seemed to show itself. Her head dropped and she sighted the Glock 17 buried in the cop’s belt, a bit within her reach. It was a tricky move, but she couldn’t fool around for too long. But she was struck with realization when she remembered that her hands were tied behind her back.

Only one thing came to her mind.

She kicked the zombie to the side and leaned to her left. The slight inclination made her slide along the vehicle, until she reached the two doors situated in the back of the van and erupted out of them, collapsing onto the concrete road.

Panting, she was extended on the ground. And she realized her mistake.

“Son of a bitch!” She yelled, before the police woman leaped on top of her. Once again she used her knee to keep her from coming, but it was hard to keep the zombie balanced on her leg to halt it. Why did she do that? Now that same mistake could have well cost her life.

Then a sudden bullet cut through the air light as a feather, piercing the undead woman’s skull. The biter lost any life in it, becoming immobile on Bianca’s knee. She let out another grunt, before pushing the cadaver to her side.

She turned her head in a hurry and saw a man, holding a gun in her direction. She used her legs and arms to crawl backwards away from him, but then stopped since she knew if he wanted to hurt her he could easily.

The man lowered the gun and took a step forward. “Get away from me!” Bianca barked.

“Easy.” The man said. He wore a red lumberjack shirt, along with jeans and hiking boots. It was apparent that he was quite tall and even beneath the tissue of his clothing strong muscles could be detected. His brown hair and stubble were in a disarray and he had glowing beige eyes. “I just saved your life. A thank you wouldn’t hurt.”

“Lay off.” She insisted once again, as she essayed to get on her knees.

“What’s with the prison suit?” He enquired, gesturing to the orange garments.

“I was innocent. Falsely accused.” She lied under her breath.

“Really?” He retorted, raising an eyebrow and speaking with a tone revealing he wasn’t convinced.

“Yeah.”

“Name’s Victor.” The man presented himself, as Bianca got on her feet. “And I don’t take kind to liars.”

“I ain’t lying.” Bianca asserted, looking him in the eyes. “Mind taking off these cuffs? They’re really annoying. Almost cost me my life.”

“Know what? I think it’d be best if you stayed chained for a while.” Victor told her with a smirk, causing her to sigh in frustration. “That bullet’s gonna attract every rotter for miles. My advice would be to get the hell outta here.”

“Rotters’?’” She repeated in a daze. “What the hell is that?”

“I can see you aren’t updated on the news.” Victor acknowledged approaching Bianca. “The world we knew, gone. There’re these creatures, like that one who was trying to bite ya, they’re all over the place. There ain’t no more police, no more civilization. Our main focus now is to survive. And don’t let the deadies get to you.”

“I…” Bianca was speechless, face to the shocking revelation.

“You’re welcome to come with me. I got a safe place in the woods.” Victor said, as he spun around and strolled towards the forest. But before that, he halted and looked at Bianca. “What’s your name?”

“It’s…it’s…Bianca.”

“Bianca. Look, let me be clear.” He talked in a strict tone. “I don’t know what you did to get those cuffs on your wrists and that suit on your body. I know your kind. And it’s up to you to prove me wrong.”

The only thing Bianca was able to do was produce a sound and a nod. Victor nodded in return, before he headed towards the woods. “You coming?” He demanded loudly.

[FOLLOW VICTOR]

[GO ON YOUR OWN WAY]

• [FOLLOW VICTOR]

Great chapter! Victor got a very cool introduction :D

hihitwd posted: »

The Walking Dead: Life & Death Episode 1 – Who We Once Were Part 3 Atlanta, Underground Subway System, 1:10 PM Victoria The you

• [GO ON YOUR OWN WAY]

Excellent Chapter!!!!!!!!

The Walking Dead: Life & Death Episode 1 – Who We Once Were Part 3 Atlanta, Underground Subway System, 1:10 PM Victoria The you

• [FOLLOW VICTOR]

• [FOLLOW VICTOR]

• Thanks everybody for reading the chapters. It's great to know you're enjoying the fanfic.

• Alt text

Guess this is how you guys are feeling? Chapter coming soon fellow users! Little hint: three new characters are being introduced. It's up to you to guess which ones.

• Jill Carter , Joana and Anson

Guess this is how you guys are feeling? Chapter coming soon fellow users! Little hint: three new characters are being introduced. It's up to you to guess which ones.

• Tough question. Jill would be great :D

Maybe her, Uriel Santiago and Anson Barnard, since they are the three on top of the waiting list, but I'm most likely totally wrong with that guess.

• Some of the characters that are last on the list might appear earlier than the ones who were submitted first. This happens because sometimes the characters who are at the top of the list don't fit the role I'm looking for.

Tough question. Jill would be great Maybe her, Uriel Santiago and Anson Barnard, since they are the three on top of the waiting list, but I'm most likely totally wrong with that guess.

• Good guesses guys! Always like to see what my readers think.

• I think I agree with the other guesses, Jill, Joana and Uriel. They seem to be good guesses. :P

• edited January 2015

A question: Can i do a little sister for Tina who believes that walkers are normal? (Lizzie btw xd)

And your others fanfics are great!!! (Excepy from the fact that Sarah dies in one :P)

Good guesses guys! Always like to see what my readers think.

• Of course! Send as many characters you want!

Great to know you like my other fanfics. Yep, Sarah indeed dies in one. But it was necessary...

supersagig posted: »

A question: Can i do a little sister for Tina who believes that walkers are normal? (Lizzie btw xd) And your others fanfics are great!!! (Excepy from the fact that Sarah dies in one :P)

• Yes , but i wasn´t angry when she died. I was mad when Carlos did. I thought it could a nice moment to have a dream/nightmare about Lee´s wife. But , it was nice you didn´t make Arvo shoot someone without reason. Also NGN time didn´t feel like in a place Sarah could be. For the story i mean

Of course! Send as many characters you want! Great to know you like my other fanfics. Yep, Sarah indeed dies in one. But it was necessary...

• I have TTG syndrome; just gotta kill all the characters.

Yes , but i wasn´t angry when she died. I was mad when Carlos did. I thought it could a nice moment to have a dream/nightmare about Lee´s wi

• You feed on the readers' tears. D:

I have TTG syndrome; just gotta kill all the characters.

• Okay guys, I didn't manage to finish the chapter today, only half of it. So I'll post this half today, the other half tomorrow. Enjoy!

The Walking Dead: Life & Death Episode 1 – Who We Once Were Part 4 [1/2]

Atlanta, Street Level, 1:13 PM. Day 4

Victoria

She was almost there. After a few minutes of endless limping, the little light at the end of the
    tunnel was getting closer to her. This light turned out to be a stair case that led into an exit to the street. She leaned on the handrail, dragging her feet up the stairs. She was relieved to almost be out of there; the fact that she didn’t know what was happening and the dark and claustrophobic element in the subway system instilled a feeling of dread down Victoria’s spine.

Once she was on the street, she took a deep breath and smiled to have gotten out of that obscure hole. But when she opened her eyes, her smile faded away. It was complete chaos. Wrecked cars; some of them consisting of broken glass, absent tires and bullet holes and others burnt to crisps were crashed into fallen electricity poles. One of the cars had crashed inside a jewelry store, so the reflecting fragments of vitrines, windows and diamond rings littered the floor. Most of the buildings around her; most of them made of brick and three story; had their doors bashed in and windows shattered to oblivion.

But what most spooked her was when she saw three corpses lingering around twenty meters away from her. They had rotten skin, their flesh putrid and void. Their milky eyes were empty like round moons, some of them were missing one and had an empty crater for an eyeball. One of them wore the garments of someone who worked in civil construction, the other two donned aprons with a logo, showing they used to work in a food shop.

Victoria was speechless as the dead people twisted their heads. Their jaws, in which flies hovered around, drooped and they grunted, before they started dragging their legs towards Victoria, slow as snails.

She couldn’t mouth a single word. She wanted to run, but like she was dipped in a pool of mud, her legs and arms couldn’t move. The desire of fleeing from danger was imminent, but the fear, the intimidation stopped her.

“Hey!” Someone whispered to her. Victoria turned her head and saw an African-American man, standing in an alleyway. His dark skin matched his black needle hair and his brown eyes, and his bulky stature made at least 5 foot tall. He had a backpack suspending off his back. “Do you wanna get munched? Come here!” He spoke in a light tone to avoid attracting attention, but just enough for her to hear.

“I…I…” Victoria stuttered.

“Hurry!” He insisted.

Victoria gulped. She looked back and forth at the walkers and back at the man, and the choice was easy. Following the guy was preferable.

With trembling legs, she sprinted slowly towards the man, serrating her teeth so she would scream (she only made some low noises.).

“Here, they spotted you already!” The man observed, as Victoria entered the alley. “We gotta go.”

“W-Wait!” Victoria halted him, already panting from the short run. Some blood came from her head due to the underground accident and her legs felt like she sprained an ankle. “This…this is too much…”

“Look, I’m Oliver.” He presented himself, the lurkers in the street gradually approaching. “They’re gonna find us soon. Come with me, I got a safe place with a few friends.”

“I’m…I’m Victoria…” She said, a bit overwhelmed by everything happening so fast. “What the…the hell happened to the world?”

“You don’t know?”

Victoria shook her head negatively.

“Well, look…it might be a bit shocking, but I can’t tell you this right now.” Oliver told her with a sigh. “I know we’re strangers, but now we gotta go. C’mon!”

Atlanta, House in the Forest, 6:01 PM. Day 4

Matt

Day goes by fast, and night is settling soon due to the current season. During the day, Matt and Billy don’t exchange a word. They still kept hateful heart-feelings over the discussion they had over going to Atlanta to find Matt Brown’s parents as they buried that dead dude.

As Matt did inventory, it seemed like they had everything well stocked. They had a lot of canned goods; albeit everything that was in the fridge was rotten and non-edible. They had tools to fix things and fighting off zombies, along with that Marlin 22., in which none of the two students touched; they were afraid of blowing off a finger. Matt fiddled with some papers about electricity bills, which revealed the walker’s name to be Earl Moore.

Billy was surveying the windows. With his hands behind his back, he constantly stopped by a window, with a finger discretely pushed away the curtains and peaked outside. The horde was passing by, there were perhaps forty of them. Dark silhouettes roamed in the blackness, and Billy hoped with all his heart that they didn’t clash against the house or for some illogical reason start battering down the door. Taking some time to breathe, the only images going by his mind was that day in which everything changed.

FOUR DAYS AGO…

Matt and Billy had been friends ever since they got in the same form. Billy’s mom, Janice, worked as a math teacher in that same school. After their day was over, Matt and Billy waited for fifteen seconds for Janice to finish her work, and she would offer to carpool Matt home.

So four days ago Matt and Billy sat under the small roof just outside the entrance of the school. They were propped against the wall, backpacks dangling from their backs and dressed in their impermeable coats. It was a rainy day, drops of water falling off the sky and the sky grey as a dead body.

“Have you heard those news on the TV?” Billy asked Matt, sipping some Sprite.

“No. What is there?” Matt replied with an answer, he drinking a can of Fanta.

“Shit, bro, it’s all over the channels!” Billy exclaimed, shocked his friend didn’t know. “They say that there have been sightings of…guess what?”

“Bigfoot? Slenderman? Loch Ness monster?” Matt guessed in a row, with a grin.

“Nope.” Billy smugly smiled. “Dead bodies that walk…”

“What do you mean?” Matt enquired more seriously, feeling confused.

“They say that the cops are investigating cases of maulings caused by walking corpses.” Billy explained, shaking his drink and taking another sip. “Crazy, uh?”

“To be honest…that sounds like bull.” Matt opinionated. “You sure that didn’t happen at a film site?”

“Think it would be on the news if it were fake?” Billy demanded with a risen brow. “No. It’s one-hundred percent real.”

“Well, if it’s real, it’s messed up.” Matt said. “Cannibals in the city? Those guys, they’ve been arrested or somethin’?”

“I ain’t sure, but I think they were put down by the police on location.” Billy elaborated, before taking a look at his watch. “Y’know, it’s been nearly forty minutes.”

“Forty?!” Matt repeated in bewilderment.

“Yeah. Think we should check on my mother?” Billy inquired.

“Yeah. Let’s be sneaky, we really shouldn’t be inside after school hours.” Matt asserted, as the duo pushed the door open and entered.

The duo of students then walked to the room where Janice usually gave her classes. It was quite a long walk; they had to do twists and turns amid the lockers, cases of school trophies, pictures of remarkable students and works made by pupils.

“There she is.” Billy indicated, reaching the room. He knocked on the door. “Mom? You there?” No response. Billy looked at Matt, the latter shrugged his shoulders. It was bizarre, the last time they knew she was in there. “Mom? We’re coming in.”

In current time, they wished they had never opened that door. Once Billy revolved the handle and let the door fly on the hinges, they were confronted by the most horrible sight possible. Janice was collapsed on the ground, blood splattered on the chairs and all over her. Her guts had been torn off by the Science teacher, who was on his knees eating her intestines. But the difference was that the teacher, had a mask of grey and decay stamped on his face.

That thing wasn’t human. It was a soulless creature devouring Janice.

The first thing that came to Matt was exit the room and vomit on the ground so hard he was to bend in two. Yet Billy stood there, staring at the scene incredulously.

And that event was the one that would break Billy irremediably forever…

• AMAZING CHAPTER!!!!

Okay guys, I didn't manage to finish the chapter today, only half of it. So I'll post this half today, the other half tomorrow. Enjoy! Th

• Great part, now i must patiently wait for the next...

Okay guys, I didn't manage to finish the chapter today, only half of it. So I'll post this half today, the other half tomorrow. Enjoy! Th

• Thans for reading guys. Do not worry, the next half with be out soon...

• Just saw Tina's sister, Camille!

A question: Can i do a little sister for Tina who believes that walkers are normal? (Lizzie btw xd) And your others fanfics are great!!! (Excepy from the fact that Sarah dies in one :P)

• Important question for the readers: what do you think of Matt Brown and Billy "Hopeless" Coleman so far?

• They are awesome!!! but i wouldn´t like to they taker all the writing space XD

Important question for the readers: what do you think of Matt Brown and Billy "Hopeless" Coleman so far?

• Of course, the others matter too. Now that I think about it, it's been a while since we've visited out pal Steve...
    I just asked because the next part will focus on them and their characters.

They are awesome!!! but i wouldn´t like to they taker all the writing space XD

• ohhhh. Only on Matt and Billy?

Of course, the others matter too. Now that I think about it, it's been a while since we've visited out pal Steve... I just asked because the next part will focus on them and their characters.

• I like them. I like all of the characters so far. Matt and Billy aren't my favourite PoV's however. I think I like Bianca the most, probably followed by Steve, who is also a very fascinating character.

Important question for the readers: what do you think of Matt Brown and Billy "Hopeless" Coleman so far?

• "I'll have the next half tomorrow." - hihitwd

Never again says a word.

Sorry guys, kinda forgot this existed...I'm gonna go back to it, I already have half of the chapter written down, so I'll try to update as soon as I can.

"I'll have the next half tomorrow." - hihitwd Never again says a word. Sorry guys, kinda forgot this existed...I'm gonna go back to it, I already have half of the chapter written down, so I'll try to update as soon as I can.

• (?) ...

• Jesus, are you fuckin' kiddin' me?! I just lost the file containing the contents of the latest chapter! Dammit! Well guys, I guess this means another delay...

• Alt text

Jesus, are you fuckin' kiddin' me?! I just lost the file containing the contents of the latest chapter! Dammit! Well guys, I guess this means another delay...

• When the next chapter will be posted? Never? XD

Best GIF ever.

• Don't lose faith, my child. I'm working on it as we speak.

When the next chapter will be posted? Never? XD

• Okay guys, working on the next chapter. This time, not losing the chapter file again. Sorry so much about this huge delay, freaking hate myself about it. Thanks everybody for being patient and sticking around.

• Does it feature Steve?

Okay guys, working on the next chapter. This time, not losing the chapter file again. Sorry so much about this huge delay, freaking hate myself about it. Thanks everybody for being patient and sticking around.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.