is earl boen in tomi?

i know he's back in SoMI:SE

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I hope he is. No one could voice LeChuck like him. I'm glad they got Dominic Armatio but you need Earl Boen for LeChuck.
  • edited June 2009
    Well, it could be him in the trailer... not sure.

We're still waiting for a response to this question in the Ask the Dev Team thread on the private forum.
  • edited June 2009
    That'd be nice, but his voice in the trailer really didn't sound the same.
  • edited June 2009
    Isn't he doing the voice for LeChuck in SOMI:SE? If so, why not Tales...?
  • edited June 2009
    I agree to the fact that LeChuck's voice sounded a bit off. I hope Earl Boen will do the voice, but he has not done much voice acting since his wife died in 2002. So I can wholly understand if Earl does not feel up to it.
    Still the voice of LeChuck in the trailer does not seem that far off, so I probably won't mind much.
  • edited June 2009
    I agree to the fact that LeChuck's voice sounded a bit off. I hope Earl Boen will do the voice, but he has not done much voice acting since his wife died in 2002. So I can wholly understand if Earl does not feel up to it.
    Still the voice of LeChuck in the trailer does not seem that far off, so I probably won't mind much.

Well, he is doing the voice for LeChuck in the Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition. You can hear him in this clip, posted by Adventure Gamers over on Youtube.
  • edited June 2009
    I wonder if Telltale aren't answering this question because they aren't sure yet. Maybe he hasn't decided? I'm guessing they tried either way, and I'm sure if they don't get him, they'll get as good a replacement, just like Sam in Sam and Max, who has become my favourite take on the character.
  • edited June 2009
    OutlawJim wrote: »
    I wonder if Telltale aren't answering this question because they aren't sure yet. Maybe he hasn't decided? I'm guessing they tried either way, and I'm sure if they don't get him, they'll get as good a replacement, just like Sam in Sam and Max, who has become my favourite take on the character.

It seem strange that he'd agree to do the remake, then not do the sequel coming out at the same time...

I HAVE noticed that, in every mention of voices returning from the previous games, LeChuck is never mentioned; only Guybrush and Elaine are.
  • edited June 2009
    Not sure why it hasn't been addressed in this thread, but...
    Emily wrote: »
    Earl Boen is not in Tales of Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Not sure why it hasn't been addressed in this thread, but...

I just saw the thread that was in and was just wandering back here to mention it. :/
  • edited June 2009
    Is it a cost thing, like Telltale couldn't afford his fee? I'd chip in to a Bring Back the True LeChuck Voice fund.

Please, Telltale, reconsider!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    KB57 wrote: »
    Is it a cost thing, like Telltale couldn't afford his fee? I'd chip in to a Bring Back the True LeChuck Voice fund.

Please, Telltale, reconsider!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'd assume, similar to with Peter Sallis in W&G, that it's an issue of quantity of lines and the logistics of scheduling multiple studio trips that an old, semi-retired actor wouldn't be in the mood for.
  • edited June 2009
    It's too bad. But I'm sure they'll find a suitable replacement.
  • edited June 2009
    thanks for answering my question guys i can't afford to preorder right at the moment
  • edited June 2009
    Apparently Earl Boen has retired from acting and now lives in Hawaii and only works on a limited time basis.
  • edited June 2009
    "as well as Alexandra Boyd returning from Curse of Monkey Island as Elaine, (although her dialog had not been implemented yet when I saw the game and a temporary VA was used)"

This comes from Mixnmojo's preview of Tales of Monkey Island at E3 with Dave and Emily. I wouldn't 100% bet on it, but it's possible that the VA for LeChuck in the trailer was temporary, and that Earl Boen will reprise his role.
  • edited June 2009
    OutlawJim wrote: »
    I wonder if Telltale aren't answering this question because they aren't sure yet.

They have answered, the answer was NO.
  • edited June 2009
    This comes from Mixnmojo's preview of Tales of Monkey Island at E3 with Dave and Emily. I wouldn't 100% bet on it, but it's possible that the VA for LeChuck in the trailer was temporary, and that Earl Boen will reprise his role.

I sure hope he does. Then again, I would be satisfied with the voice we heard in the trailer, it doesn't sound to far off.
  • Can someone ask Telltale in the private forum if he was even approached for the role? I don't think retirement has anything to do with it when Earl Boen has agreed to do the SoMI remake... and it wouldn't be quantity of lines either, because I'd bet Lechuck has a much greater amount of lines in SoMI than these short episodes at Telltale
  • edited June 2009
    The episodic nature of the series would be the problem, I'd imagine. If you were retired and living in Hawaii, would you be more likely to take a job where you fly back to the mainland for one stretch of recording, or six?
  • edited June 2009
    TBH... I'm very disappointed that Earl Boen isn't in since he's so ingrained in my mind as the voice of LeChuck but... surely the new voice could at least be similarly deep? The new one doesn't sound deep like Boen's at all :/

Simon Templemen would be my dream choice for a replacement TBH. Legacy Of Kain FTW :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.