Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Alt text

Y U do dis

mirashade posted: »

I hope this curiosity boils inside of you and brings frustration onto your soul. My plan is working.

• gotta go fast ;)

Pipas posted: »

Y U do dis

• Doesn't stop them from being badass though :D

LawmanZero posted: »

Uh...Tector and Jimbo are horrible people who send you to kill some poor guy's son and murder everyone at a funeral in Borderlands 2's gang war sidequest arc.

• If you remain silent when Gortys asks LB how is his day going Sasha will say:

Sasha : Gortys, hi!

Gortys : Hi!

Sasha : Hi, so...

Gortys : Hi (Creepy face)

• For all the peeps excited about Jack fancying Fiona, and respecting strong women:

1. He follows his 'she's so cute...' comment with an unsubtitled (at least in my game) 'she's right! she's a woman and she's right!' ;)
    2. He likes hats... Yup, Nisha wore a hat, two different hats in fact. I think that's a reference.
  • Jacks weird, there was unused audio of him saying he liked Vallory

For all the peeps excited about Jack fancying Fiona, and respecting strong women: * He follows his 'she's so cute...' comment with an u

• So. One thing I found interesting was this;

Alt text

"Hiding trinkets" is a reference to one episode in The Wolf Among Us, in which Bigby and Snow infiltrate Aunty Greenleaf's home because of the illegal trinkets she'd been making from her tree for other Fables;

Alt text

Alt text

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Poogers555 posted: »

Jacks weird, there was unused audio of him saying he liked Vallory

• Alt text

Apparently Spiderants are racist and hate that restaurant you love :D

• In the trust Jack opening, if you shoot Vasquez arm off, and when you get dumpy, Rhys will say "get em Dump" differently, also instead of saving Vaughn from Vasquez you save Sasha from August, then Sasha shoots Dumpy

• I can support that from experience.

They will pause work to attack Lilith's bandit gang for no reason, and ignore me.

FetchWalker posted: »

Apparently Spiderants are racist and hate that restaurant you love

• Mind you, Jack really liking hats is a bit of a reference to Nisha from The Pre-Sequel, since she has a real cowboy get up going on, including matching hat.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2015

"Hiding trinkets" IS a reference, though it wasn't meant to be to TWAU - Though I can see why the use of the word "trinkets" would make you think that. Maybe examine the name of the tree for a hint? ;)

So. One thing I found interesting was this; "Hiding trinkets" is a reference to one episode in The Wolf Among Us, in which Bigby and

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2015

Well arbor is basically tree, and Radley was werid but take this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radley_(company)

So handbag designer tree.

stirpicus posted: »

"Hiding trinkets" IS a reference, though it wasn't meant to be to TWAU - Though I can see why the use of the word "trinkets" would make you think that. Maybe examine the name of the tree for a hint?

Mmm it might be a touch more literary than that.

Well arbor is basically tree, and Radley was werid but take this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radley_(company) So handbag designer tree.

• Damn Internet doesn't want to tell me.

I bet it's a Duke Nukem reference.

Mmm it might be a touch more literary than that.

• Kind of late to ask but you got a video of this?

Sasha also mocks him.

• Well, she IS a woman. And she IS right. So...facts.

D

For all the peeps excited about Jack fancying Fiona, and respecting strong women: * He follows his 'she's so cute...' comment with an u

• edited June 2015

Aw man, you're kidding me? I thought I had it :(

It's still pretty awesome to get a member of staff to notice though :)

p.s. You're an awesome writer, and I and many others loved Ep3.

"Hiding trinkets" IS a reference, though it wasn't meant to be to TWAU - Though I can see why the use of the word "trinkets" would make you think that. Maybe examine the name of the tree for a hint?

• In an unused audio clip, Dumpy' real name is Topher and he is trapped in a robot's body.

• It's probably been said multiple times, but if you blame August for the deal gone wrong it will be revealed that he is Vallory's son.

• They're the canon models that they're made based on a character.And i mean it reuses files from a character,rehashes.

FetchWalker posted: »

This guy appears in episode 1 and on the preview trailer for episode 4 but he might be just a reused model. And this guy also:

• Ah, I just got it!

To Kill a Mockingbird, right?

Now you've got me wondering how many other clever little allusions I've missed...

• edited June 2015

Radley! Of course! I can't believe it took me this long to get that...

Ah, I just got it! To Kill a Mockingbird, right? Now you've got me wondering how many other clever little allusions I've missed...

• Oh my days... To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite novels too.

How could I have been so blind?!

Ah, I just got it! To Kill a Mockingbird, right? Now you've got me wondering how many other clever little allusions I've missed...

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

If you stole Athena's shield, just before Vallory pulls the trigger, you see a close up on the caravan as the shield flies out of the front door.

• You know what's funny?

When I saw Radley, Boo came straight to my mind, but I didn't think that would be it.

edited July 2015

Heyyyyyy you got it! :D

confetti

(And yeah, ECHOEye definitely has a very high allusions/jokes per entry ratio, heh. I'd be amazed if someone could catch ALL of them. :))

• edited July 2015

Manage to record some gameplay when my PC isn't acting laggy like the usual...

Here's the video version for LB's joke.
    (EDIT: Watch in 720p60!)
    http://youtu.be/p0Vy6uF7hD0

• edited July 2015

AAAAAA I just played episode 3 for the first time ! I LOVED IT SO MUCH ! This is the best episode so far for me. Especialy I liked the part where Rhys gave Sasha the flower or where he said that the placwas romatic and when Sasha asked what did he said he got all nervous and embarrassed. :* I loved all this episode! My favorite human characters are Rhys (he is number 1 of my favorite charecters) , Sasha ( I like her so much) and I like Handsome Jack Kinda. Damn I'm on fire today.

• edited July 2015

hmmm... Topher, where have I heard that name before?

Oh shit! You mean Topher Grace is no longer Eddie Brock, but now Dumpy!!

Alt text

HE HAS BEEN RESSURECTED INTO DUMPY!

In an unused audio clip, Dumpy' real name is Topher and he is trapped in a robot's body.

• Alt text

PoopBrown posted: »

hmmm... Topher, where have I heard that name before? Oh shit! You mean Topher Grace is no longer Eddie Brock, but now Dumpy!! HE HAS BEEN RESSURECTED INTO DUMPY!

• If you shot Finch in 3rd episode with Corrosive bulet he will say:

«What the Fu...»

This is strange. Because I never heard this word in TftB (except 1st episode where you scan Bullymong)

• edited July 2015

Okay, I'm confused here... I'm pretty sure Athena says something along the lines of "You lying Atlas shit!" to the Doc but was on my second playthrough today and I'm pretty sure she said: "You lying Atlas scum!"

Was it changed or something? I did get an update today so... :S

• Appearently, if you Trust Fiona, she says shit. If you trust Jack, she says scum. Dunno why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Depends on whether or not you trusted Jack, I'd guess she's a little more weirded out after the display Jack gave as Rhys.

• Wow didn't know that... seems a little weird xD

• I got this, shot Finch with incendiary damage in Ep 2 and Ep 3. I think he gets mad the same thing happens twice xD

• We gotta catch 'em all!

Heyyyyyy you got it! confetti (And yeah, ECHOEye definitely has a very high allusions/jokes per entry ratio, heh. I'd be amazed if someone could catch ALL of them. )

• This is actually a thread about details and things people might miss in the games, but how excited you are about this game is just adorable, haha. I love it too.

CupcakeRhys posted: »

AAAAAA I just played episode 3 for the first time ! I LOVED IT SO MUCH ! This is the best episode so far for me. Especialy I liked the part

Sign in to comment in this discussion.