Dialogue options you wish you had: TFTB Edition

Because The Walking Dead has one, The Wolf Among Us has one. Borderlands should too.

Comments

• I wish Rhys was able to say what a fucking asshole Vasquez is.

• [ I always wanted to be a Janitor ]

• i wish i couldve explained to sasha while going down the ladder that her sister clearly shut the cover on us and that it was not my master plan to split us up

• edited November 2014

At the beginning intro while Rhys is tied up being dragged along.

RHYS-[You could've bought me dinner first. ]

I know it sounds dumb, but it would have fit perfectly for my sarcastic Rhys lol.

• I was hoping for that too, just to see Vasquez's reaction.

Poogers555 posted: »

[ I always wanted to be a Janitor ]

• Right!? Unless Rhys or Vaughn developed mind control, there isn't much room to blame them.

leon3 posted: »

i wish i couldve explained to sasha while going down the ladder that her sister clearly shut the cover on us and that it was not my master plan to split us up

• Tell Vasquez to f*ck off then give him a middle finger.
    But "scratch your own ball" was hilarious, I wouldn't change it

• edited November 2014

[Ten points to anybody who can guess some of the references here XD]

Rhys: Walter, that you?

Rudiger: No, I am Rudiger, the deep throat man of manly-banditiness.

Rhys: Uh, nooo, you definitely look like Walter from The Walking Dead. See you got the crazy same sideburns, forehead wrinkles, fatass nose, YOU'RE EVEN COOKING!

(?) Rudiger will roast your balls for that.

Rudiger: ಠ_ಠ...

Rhys: So this is why Ma said never to go into the car sales business, hah T_T now w-where'd I put that lightsaber baton...?

Huge: Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not! Turn around please. Ah, what a pity, what a pity. So, Rhys, you thought you could outwit a big cheese like my-gasp...you IDIOTS! These are not them! You've captured their STUNT DOUBLES!

[Meanwhile somewhere, I dunno]

Rhys: See what did I tell ya? Didn't I say hiring those guys was a good idea?

Sasha: Oh shut the hell up and keep running! =_=

Psycho: Only you can sate my lust....FOR MEAT!

Fiona: Meat huh? Well you're in good luck, because Vaughn here would be more than happy to please your every need in that department >.>

Vaughn: Hey!

Bossanova: WHAT IN DUBSTEP ARE YOU DOING!?

Rhys: Dance-Off bro, me and you. Come on!

Sasha: [shakes head] >.<

Bossanova: WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Rhys: I'm distracting you, big turd blossom!

Zer0: >:D

Fiona: [Opens vent]

Shade: You are my one and everything, my beauty sprinkled donut! Can I hold your hand? <3

Fiona: [Closes vent] Annnnnd we're walking.

Felix: You pansy of a daughter, man up and get in there, or how do you intend to make me rich-I mean help your sister?

Fiona: Oh don't worry paps-who-I-will-hate-later-when-you-betray-us, if there's anything I'm good at, it's improvising.

[5 minutes later]

Alt text

Fiona: Bwaha, I am the boss of my own art! A ninja of the night!

Huge: You scratch my nuts, and I scratch yours, that kind of thing.

Rhys: [facepalm] Oh the mother load of pandora box smut art and fanfics you just unleash upon us you swooped haired bastard.

Vaughn: =D

Rhys: [pats Vaughn on the back] Yup! In too way is our friendship going to be screwed over in the near future. Whether I sold you out to Huge or not buddy, you won't still turn your back on me, or die. Yup, life is peachy, peachy as pie!

Vaughn: Wait, what!?

• edited June 2016

"Put The Vault Key down, bitch!" - as Rhys.

• For Rhys

• "Must go slower !" while in Fiona's truck.

• "Run Loader Bot run!" while evacuating Loader Bot

• "Next I get a headache like this there better be tequila involved." when waking up after injecting the ID.

• edited May 2015

In episode 1, as Rhys while hacking the lift and Sasha asks if you know what Hyperion means to the people on Pandora.

• Rhys: "Look, you can hate Hyperion all you want, but don't take it all out on me."

In the beginning of episode 2, when Fiona asks the stranger if she can hit Rhys to get it out of her system. As Rhys,

• You want an apology? - Rhys: "Ugh, what do you want from me? an apology or something? Okay, look, I'm sorry I drooled all over you favorite coat. That make you feel better?"

• Let's keep it even. - Rhys: "Hey, if you get to hit me, then I should hit you in return. After all, fair is fair, right?"

• You need anger management - (Do I have to say it? :P)

• Silent - "..." "Just one."

And after telling Sasha to let you drive. (Depending if you trusted her or not)

• Trusted - Rhys: "Come on, Sasha. I trusted you back at that lift, remember? All I'm asking is that you do the same for me."

• Didn't trust - Sasha: "Why should I? You didn't even trust me to hold your stun baton for two seconds."

Rhys: "Hey, That was different. We're in the middle of a life-and-death situation here. Unless you can predict where the moonshots will land..."

As Fiona, while talking to Athena at Scooters. (if you chose to go to Old Haven first.)

Fiona: "Oh, by the way, I don't know if you've heard the news, but you're dear old friend, General Pollux, is dead now."

• edited April 2015

I agree with the Trusted Sasha vs. Didn't Trust Sasha options. When I was playing my first playthrough I thought she gave me the wheel because I trusted her earlier, but when I did my opposite playthrough I realized she'll give it to you either way and was a little disappointed. I think that was a missed opportunity to use some differing dialogue.

In episode 1, as Rhys while hacking the lift and Sasha asks if you know what Hyperion means to the people on Pandora. * Rhys: "Look, yo

• I THOUGHT THE EXACT SAME THING.

At the beginning intro while Rhys is tied up being dragged along. RHYS-[You could've bought me dinner first. ] I know it sounds dumb, but it would have fit perfectly for my sarcastic Rhys lol.

• Damn it,now I want it too. xD

At the beginning intro while Rhys is tied up being dragged along. RHYS-[You could've bought me dinner first. ] I know it sounds dumb, but it would have fit perfectly for my sarcastic Rhys lol.

• Only thing that comes to mind immediately is that I wish there was a sarcastic variant of the "Please kill me" choice when Vasquez finds Rhys and Vaughn in the desert. I selected it thinking it WAS like that, instead of was a plead for your life like a bitch kind of thing :/

• Yes. Please. I am such a sarcastic person that I just assume such things to be sarcastic. I thought the same thing about the choice where Rhys could tell Vasquez how he is so jealous of his relationship with handsome Jack.

Only thing that comes to mind immediately is that I wish there was a sarcastic variant of the "Please kill me" choice when Vasquez finds Rhy

• This one was particularly jarring since it happened after Vasquez's gun malfunctions, so it made little sense for Rhys to start begging at that moment, when he wasn't a minute before while the gun was still functional. Plus all the other options were sarcastic. Sometimes you really have to take a shot in the dark and hope it means what you think it means with some choices... :\

Only thing that comes to mind immediately is that I wish there was a sarcastic variant of the "Please kill me" choice when Vasquez finds Rhy

• "Sasha. I really hate you and you should just go away." -Rhys.

• "Sasha. I really love you and you and I should just go away together." - Rhys.

Fixed it for you, no need to thank me.

Gary-Oak posted: »

"Sasha. I really hate you and you should just go away." -Rhys.

• Too cliche and easy for Telltale's writers. I cringe every time I hear that joke.

• "Fiona. I really love you and you and I should just go away together."-Rhys

There we go, the canon version.

"Sasha. I really love you and you and I should just go away together." - Rhys. Fixed it for you, no need to thank me.

• Alt text

"Fiona. I really love you and you and I should just go away together."-Rhys There we go, the canon version.

• (Rhys drops Gortys and the Atlas drones are all ready to fire.)

Fiona - Improvise.

Fiona: alt text

• edited May 2015

(After making Gortys ball)

Fiona: Congratulations, Rhys. You're a father.

Rhys: :o

(When Vasquez uses the universal remote)

Rhys: Don't worry, Loader Bot, I'll save you this time.

(When Vaughn takes his shirt off in the desert)

Rhys: I really hope you brought sunscreen, because I'm just seeing sun-fried tomato in your future.

(When Rhys' arm malfunctions and unleashes skags - and music - on him and Sasha)

Sasha: Great! At least when we die, there'll be something nice to listen to!

Rhys: This wouldn't even be happening if someone hadn't fried me with an EMP! (I know he doesn't know!)

(In Old Haven)

Rhys: So... I'm sorry about what happened with Felix.

Fiona: :/

Sasha: :/

Fiona: ...thanks.

Rhys: Any time.

(Also...)

Rhys: I saw your picture in the caravan. You two seemed like a couple of really sweet kids.

Fiona: That's surprising.

Sasha: Thanks.

Rhys: So, what happened?

Fiona: Less surprising.

(August points the gun at Sasha)

Fiona: Don't you dare hurt her, you son of a bitch! I've got a spork, and I know how to use it!

(To Zer0)

Rhys: Notice me, senpai. :3

• Yeah, if the option was something like... "Please don't kill us!" I would have seen it as actual pleading. "Please don't kill us." indicates a more calm, possibly sarcastic response.

This one was particularly jarring since it happened after Vasquez's gun malfunctions, so it made little sense for Rhys to start begging at t

• YES

"Fiona. I really love you and you and I should just go away together."-Rhys There we go, the canon version.

• LOL yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if it came up in the writer's room at some point and someone made a "low hanging fruit" comment against the idea.

Piggs posted: »

Too cliche and easy for Telltale's writers. I cringe every time I hear that joke.

• "So what happened"

Alt text

HeartOfGold posted: »

(After making Gortys ball) Fiona: Congratulations, Rhys. You're a father. Rhys: ... (When Vasquez uses the universal remote)

• The moment seemed perfect, so I clicked it. Then Rhys went on his knees and PLEADED to not die. [facepalm]

• I wouldn't mind being able to declare my love for Jack. We were kinda able to do it for Zer0, so....

Alt text

Although it's not like Jack needs any ego boosts, so perhaps it's for the best.

• Sasha: "Your stun baton... It's the JR4000. Can I see it? Hold it, I guess I should say."

Rhys: "I don't know. CAN YOU?!"

Sasha: ಠ_ಠ

Vasquez: "Any... last words?"

Rhys: "babypenissayswhat?"

Vasquez: "What?"

Rhys and Jack:

Alt text

August: "So. How long have you been an, archaeologist?"

Fiona: [Glass Him]

Rhys: "Oh for god... Loader Bot, attack!"

Loader Bot: "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BADGES TO TRAIN ME!"

Rhys: "Wha?"

-Loader Bot flies up to balcony-

Rhys:

Alt text

-Rhys and Vaughn flying on Loader Bot, Vaughn still with his shirt on his head-

Rhys: "Hey, Vaughn."

Vaughn: "Yeah, bro?"

Rhys: "I can show you the world, bro."

Vaughn: "Bro...."

• August: "So. How long have you been an, archaeologist?"

Fiona: [Glass Him]

Ahaha, you should have had the option to pull the gun on him like Tector - with Felix in the background just like "seriously? SERIOUSLY?! WHAT PART OF EMERGENCIES ONLY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

Sasha: "Your stun baton... It's the JR4000. Can I see it? Hold it, I guess I should say." Rhys: "I don't know. CAN YOU?!" Sasha: ಠ_ಠ

• edited August 2015

Seeing as how upset Fiona and Sasha get if you reveal Handsome Jack to them in Ep. 4, it makes me wish that we were given an option to tell them a lot sooner. Like in Ep. 2, but only if you reveal Handsome Jack to Vaughn, and choose to go to Hollow Point first so that the gang's all together at Old Haven. So that when we have that optional discussion with Vaughn, one of the dialogue choices would be, "Should we let them in on it?" Or even go to Fiona and Sasha first and tell them "There's something about me you should know..."

And when they ask why you're telling them this, then depending if Fiona told Scooter if they are friends or not,

We're friends - Rhys: "Well, you did say so yourself back at Scooter's that we're friends, and friends don't keep secrets from each other."

We're not friends or "Friends" is a little much - Rhys: "Look, we're obviously gonna be stuck with each other till we get this whole Gortys thing figured out, and it's a weird, crazy thing I'm dealing with here. I just thought that you two should know."

• "Choke on a circuit, Jack."

• Funny thing, there was a cut dialogue from ep2 I think where August said that if it weren't for Sasha, he would've killed her as it is, because he said he didn't buy her story at all. But then again, maybe he was sour.

August: "So. How long have you been an, archaeologist?" Fiona: [Glass Him] Ahaha, you should have had the option to pull the

• edited August 2015

Vallory: ...And I'll give you a hint: The only right answer is 'yes'.

Sasha: Don't buy any of this bullshit, Fiona.

Fiona: Yeah, okay. We'll get you the piece.

Sasha: (Disgustedly) Come on!

Fiona: Didn't you hear what she just said about rotting corpses and skags and instead letting us help find the Vault? We're outgunned, tied up, I have a rocket launcher the size of a motorcycle lying on my boobs and the only one of us who could stand up to torture for more than a minute let alone defend herself was just carted off unconscious by Vault Hunters, how about we just do as the nice lady says and TRY NOT TO GET OURSELVES KILLED RIGHT THIS MINUTE, HUH!??

Sasha: ...

• Fiona: Can you see anything?

Rhys: Jack shit.

Sasha: I did not need to know that.

Rhys: No I mean there's nothing here!

Sasha: Oh good, cause I totally knew that's what you meant.

• Too bad there wasn't an option to convince Rhys not to make a run for it from the stranger. Or at least [Grab him] to keep him from running.

If he hadn't then the stranger wouldn't have any reason to tie them up again.

• Yvette: News flash, asshole. This is my office now.
    • Rhys: Ah, Yvette, glad you showed up. There's someone I must introduce you to.
    • Yvette: What?
    • [Rhys grabs Yvette]
    • Rhys: This, is my dear old friend.. Mr. Airlock. He's quite nice when you get to know him and well.. You to are gonna be spending a lot of time together.
    • Yvette: Someone help!
    • Rhys: What? You don't like him? Aw, I think you've hurt his feelings! So you'd better go apologise!
    • [Pushes her out]
    • Rhys: Huh, That was satisfying.
  • That would be a brief laugh

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Fiona: Can you see anything? Rhys: Jack shit. Sasha: I did not need to know that. Rhys: No I mean there's nothing here! Sasha: Oh good, cause I totally knew that's what you meant.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.