What kind of MI fan are you?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    third and fourth are alright. both were amazing when they came. in retrospect they aren't even close to the two first ones though.
  • edited June 2009
    2 for me, but with a little more hatred for MI4. The continuity F*ck ups in 4 were just unforgiveable, especially since the writers of 3 devoted a big part of LeChucks speech in Act 5 to clear up any continuity problems between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 and have it all make sense, to which even Guybrush jokes about like a gamer and LeChucks responds like the writer "Well I try". Having those things explained in a well though out way only to have it torn to shreads in MI4 was just a terrible idea, and the less said about Ozzy the better!
  • edited June 2009
    Me too, 2. Pragmatic. Completely. CUMI try in a good way (but not the best and the real "Ron Gilbert truth") to explain the end of MI2 and the continuity with the first two games. The fourth one destroys everything (in particulary with Herman Toothrot and all the contradictions it brings). And the keyboard controls was very difficult to use (like Grim Fandango but I found Grim Fandango better for the story)...
  • edited June 2009
    is there some place i can read about the continuity problems stemming from 4?

i actually think Herman Toothrot as Captain Marley was kind of a cool revelation that seems to actually make sense thinking back. even though i also just liked him as an old coot. but i'd like to hear all the facts.
  • edited June 2009
    Abel wrote: »
    I'm kind of 2,5 but I have to make clear that I never talk or write like the third one ;)

Same here.

The first game will always stand out as the best of them all, because it was so ground breaking (for LucasArts as well as for the whole genre of graphic adventure.)

I thought CMI was better than MI2. EMI was not as good, but I didn't hate it. Except for Monkey Kombat. That I hated. And the jokes were at times more silly than funny.
  • edited June 2009
    Im like 2.5 and I actually enjoyed EMI... But the favorite is Monkey2
  • edited June 2009
    RockNRoll wrote: »
    is there some place i can read about the continuity problems stemming from 4?

i actually think Herman Toothrot as Captain Marley was kind of a cool revelation that seems to actually make sense thinking back. even though i also just liked him as an old coot. but i'd like to hear all the facts.

Here http://www.worldofmi.com/features/trivia/errors.php?game=MI4&s=1

Go to Incorrectly regarded as errors - Herman's story

Lot of explanations and analyses !
  • edited June 2009
    K, I'm def no 3. I luuuv point n click. I luuuv MI's environments. I dislike ppl complaining because I'm beyond that and understand better.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm a Pragmatist. Definitely. I started the series with CMI, after an unsatisfactory experience with "Red Jack: Revenge of the Brethren" (now there was some crappy voice acting!). And though I disliked EMI because it seemed more like a snarky parody of the series, it still had one of my favorite lines: "By the Invisible Hand of Adam Smith!"
  • edited June 2009
    I'm also a pragmatist. I love the first two games and I really like CMI. The thing is, I don't play adventure games for the puzzles - for me, it's all about the theme, plot, setting, characterisations, jokes, art, music, and atmosphere, and the ways in which these work together to create a cohesive Monkey Island experience.

I don't hate EMI, but neither do I like it; I think it was ill-conceived, poorly made, and I don't have any desire to play it again, but, honestly, I don't have any strong feelings about this. The game was just... regrettable.
  • edited June 2009
    Im a 2, with 3s attitude toward EMI. But cut me some slack, at this point its the only game i played! :(
  • edited June 2009
    Loved the first three, but absolutely hated the fourth. The second is my favourite and was also the first I ever played. I instantly pre-ordered TMI... I hope it won't be like Escape... but I'm sensing good Mojo! :D I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Thanks Telltale!!!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm THE PRAGMATIC.
  • edited July 2009
    1.75... I guess, at least.
  • edited July 2009
    3 but less stupid than described.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.