Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• Here, found it.

Alt text

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Has anyone posted a picture of this model anywhere?

• edited May 2015

Maybe I was thinking another different topic...sorry.

dojo32161 posted: »

You don't actually have to steal the seal, it works even if you don't use it.

• Interesting...!

I̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶e̶x̶t̶u̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶.̶ Found the textures, will post the model shortly.

• In the files, Tom is referred to as "Little bird".

• Look what you've done

dfh15 posted: »

The ironwood trees in the grove range up to 400 feet tall, as signified by one of the game's concept artists. This is taller than "Hyperion"

• Varys' spy CONFIRMED

In the files, Tom is referred to as "Little bird".

• You're a godsend. Also, you're a godsend, Telltale!

JakeSt123 posted: »

Dunno if this is common knowledge but it's a new discovery to me. You can rename your save files, which made it easier to track my 'canon' playthrough:

• Which means he is Varys' spy...

Alt text

In the files, Tom is referred to as "Little bird".

• Not sure if it's deleted audio or not, but I found a sound file where Maester Ortengryn says that he's 26.

• Interesting, I thought he'd be in his 30s. I wonder why he sort of seems out of breath.

Pipas posted: »

Not sure if it's deleted audio or not, but I found a sound file where Maester Ortengryn says that he's 26.

• I think it was supposed to be just before you judge Erik the thief...

The whole segment starts with Ethan going ahead of maester to the top of the tower and the maester seems a bit out of breath following him, but he doesnt say this line...

LoseMyHome posted: »

Interesting, I thought he'd be in his 30s. I wonder why he sort of seems out of breath.

• Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

I think it was supposed to be just before you judge Erik the thief... The whole segment starts with Ethan going ahead of maester to the top of the tower and the maester seems a bit out of breath following him, but he doesnt say this line...

• And my journey through the sound files continues!

Found some interesting unused Ramsay's lines, where he also talks about his father and brother.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s03CHobUM3iH

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0izQNAq090c

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0WYJmkTiDpp

I guess at some point he was supposed to look at the Forrester painting.

• He's just 26? He looks older than he is.

Not sure if it's deleted audio or not, but I found a sound file where Maester Ortengryn says that he's 26.

• edited May 2015

How u guys find this?

I found one for Royland where he mentions the Glenmores in Episode 1. Kinda wish they'd left that in as it would've made them feel less out-

• edited May 2015

I found one for Royland where he mentions the Glenmores in Episode 1. Kinda wish they'd left that in as it would've made them feel less out-of-nowhere.

EDIT: And there are some for Asher, too. It's clearly Alex Jordan voicing him, but the voice is a bit less gruff.

And my journey through the sound files continues! Found some interesting unused Ramsay's lines, where he also talks about his father and

• Yeah, I've heard those Asher ones. I guess they planned to use them for the "Next time on..." segment.

I found one for Royland where he mentions the Glenmores in Episode 1. Kinda wish they'd left that in as it would've made them feel less out-

• I extracted the lines using Telltale Speech Extractor

How u guys find this?

• Ugh, GoT doesn't work with me on the Speech Extractor, which really sucks.

Yeah, I've heard those Asher ones. I guess they planned to use them for the "Next time on..." segment.

• I use the Telltale Speech Extractor too, but it never worked with the Game of Thrones files?

I extracted the lines using Telltale Speech Extractor

• If you sold out Cotter in Episode 2 when Finn starts Gared's story by telling him not to worry about the knife he says 'I know it was that potato fucker Cotter'.

Also, if you leave Tom to die you can get an unintentionally hilarious scene where if you left to drown, threaten to blame him for Damien's death and tell him to get away outside Tryion's room. He says something along the lines of 'I show up to help you and you shove me away the first second you get. You threatened to sell me out when all I did was try to make your problems go away. You left me to drown after I saved your life. You know what? You're not worth it.' He then leaves the room but comes back to light the tapestry on fire. Mira says 'You... came back?' Tom replies 'Well I'm not going to let you fucking die'.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2015

Also, if you leave Tom to die you can get an unintentionally hilarious scene where if you left to drown, threaten to blame him for Damien's death and tell him to get away outside Tryion's room. He says something along the lines of 'I show up to help you and you shove me away the first second you get. You threatened to sell me out when all I did was try to make your problems go away. You left me to drown after I saved your life. You know what? You're not worth it.' He then leaves the room but comes back to light the tapestry on fire. Mira says 'You... came back?' Tom replies 'Well I'm not going to let you fucking die'.

I had this.

Best. Scene. Ever.

If you sold out Cotter in Episode 2 when Finn starts Gared's story by telling him not to worry about the knife he says 'I know it was that p

• I opened the GameOfThrones_pc_GameOfThrones101_voice.ttarch2 file in the Archives folder using the extractor.

If it still doesn't work, I can upload the files somewhere, if you like? :)

LoseMyHome posted: »

I use the Telltale Speech Extractor too, but it never worked with the Game of Thrones files?

• edited May 2015

I tried that but it says there is no compatible audio files in my Game of Thrones folder. Thank you, though. It's okay, I don't need the files for anything, I just like going through them. :)

I opened the GameOfThrones_pc_GameOfThrones101_voice.ttarch2 file in the Archives folder using the extractor. If it still doesn't work, I can upload the files somewhere, if you like?

• i love being mean to Tom. don't know where it'll get me, but it's hilarious nonetheless.

If you sold out Cotter in Episode 2 when Finn starts Gared's story by telling him not to worry about the knife he says 'I know it was that p

• Why spoil the fun anyway

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Ugh, GoT doesn't work with me on the Speech Extractor, which really sucks.

• edited May 2015

This is for the actual show Game of Thrones, but it's really subtle and cool and worth putting on here...

Season One, Episode One of Game of Thrones, King Robert places a feather on Lyanna's statue in the crypts of Winterfell. (Places feather at the start of the video.)
    1X01

Season Five, Episode Four, Sansa is in the crypts of Winterfell and is in the middle of lighting all of the statues when she finds a very dusty feather on the floor next to Lyanna's... (Picks up feather roughly thirty seconds in.)
    5X04

• All the Forrester children who take from their mother (AKA blond-ish) seem to be more aggressive (Asher and possibly Ryon) and defiant (Talia) compared to the Forrester children who take from Lord Gregor (dark hair) are more calm and reasonable (Determinant Rodrik and Ethan)

• Great observation. Mira is also relatively calm too.

All the Forrester children who take from their mother (AKA blond-ish) seem to be more aggressive (Asher and possibly Ryon) and defiant (Tal

• I also noticed on how there's an even amount of Blonde Forresters (Asher, Talia, Ryon) than to the Black-haired ones (Rodrik, Mira, Ethan)

Great observation. Mira is also relatively calm too.

• Also interesting how Rodrik, Talia and Ryon all have the same side-parting. In Ryon's case I'm certain that it's because he idolises Rodrik, but perhaps Talia does too.

All the Forrester children who take from their mother (AKA blond-ish) seem to be more aggressive (Asher and possibly Ryon) and defiant (Tal

• edited May 2015

Me, Poogs, dojo, and Jennifer are also experiencing the same problem. Jennifer just wrote to the web team about it.

Is anybody else unable to view their profile or is that just me?

• Is anybody else unable to view their profile or is that just me?

• It's working again. A mod can feel free to delete my original comment since it derailed the discussion.

Me, Poogs, dojo, and Jennifer are also experiencing the same problem. Jennifer just wrote to the web team about it.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Seems to be working again for me.

• Yeah I just checked as well, all is good.

dojo32161 posted: »

Seems to be working again for me.

• You don't have to say "Lady Margaery must have her reasons" and "No, you're free to choose", it works even if you say something else at the first one and "Yes" at the second, but if you say "You don't have a choice" you won't convince her.

Another way to convince Elena Glenmore to marry Rodrik is... * In [Episode 2] (Mira's POV), you have to forge a letter to Elena Glenmo

• edited May 2015

You guys remember this guy from Ep.1:

Alt text

Thats Thermund, you know, the drunk, loud guy that in 5 minutes into the game looks like this:

Alt text

Anyway, when lord Forrester gives out drinks and starts saying some inspirational talk, this guy makes a "toast", then the other guy (Norren), then Gared (you) gets a chance to say some stuff, but if you dont say anything then Thermund says "Iron from Ice" instead of you...

Also if you choose to say "Winter is coming" he replies with saying "Lets hope it waits till this bloody war is over."

• edited May 2015

True both answers. But there are canon events that take place no matter what. The different actions, tones and responses you can choose create multiple canons for each player to call their own, but the player can still come up with a canon path they feel is proper for each of their characters, even if it's something they wouldn't personally choose or agree with for whatever reason. Your canon and original playthrough can be the same without you forcing yourself to accept that your original choices are how you believe the characters think and how they'd act. Telltale is very mindful of that. For others, their 'original(personal)' and their 'canon' can be different.

Canon is just what some people tend to call their original playthrough. No idea why, but I guess I adopted the term too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.