I Noticed Something In Episode 1

Okay so you guys remember when Rhys and Vaughn stole Assquez's car? Well, we saw a digger digging for a box, which he opens, to a green glow, then the car is launched, and he becomes distracted, which leads to him being shot by a bandit, who comes behind him and looks at the loot, but is crushed by the car. I have a feeling that this box may be important, why would they show us the scene otherwise? Sure, to show the brutality of Pandora, but there's plenty of different ways to do that. Maybe it's a vault key. It's relatively close to the town Rhys was in, so it might reappear, or be forgotten to time. What do you think?

Comments

• It was there for two reasons:

To make us aware of the brutality of Pandora, as you said.

To make us laugh at the fact that a space car just crushed a random bandit.

• That's all true, but wouldn't having someone doing something harmless, such as farming, convey the message better? He seemed to be up to no good, which might be another allusion to Pandora, or something greater.

BlueShadiw posted: »

It was there for two reasons: To make us aware of the brutality of Pandora, as you said. To make us laugh at the fact that a space car just crushed a random bandit.

• No.

Not everything has to have some great meaning to it.

That's all true, but wouldn't having someone doing something harmless, such as farming, convey the message better? He seemed to be up to no good, which might be another allusion to Pandora, or something greater.

• I understand that, but this is TellTale, the same company that used a station wagon in A New Day driving by the police car, and then used that same car from Starved For Help to develop the Stranger's character, nothing is out of the question here, it might be worthless, but it's a thought, and since this is TellTale, expect the unexpected.

No. Not everything has to have some great meaning to it.

• Okay.

I understand that, but this is TellTale, the same company that used a station wagon in A New Day driving by the police car, and then used th

• He was just uncovering loot.

If you've seen the BL games, you know Pandora is covered head to toe in loot.

Same with the bandit, he was just stealing the uncovered loot.

That's all true, but wouldn't having someone doing something harmless, such as farming, convey the message better? He seemed to be up to no good, which might be another allusion to Pandora, or something greater.

• edited November 2014

Remember it's borderlands, they kill random life forms in violent ways just to show how ruthless and violent the world of pandora is,all the intros for the previous games are like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzZ8YtuiVD4

• Its Pandora, finding loot is more common & 'harmless' than farming.

• it could be but most likely not like some of the other comments said Pandora is just covered with loot and under that loot even more loot it's just everywhere but i guess it's too early to say so it could be something who knows

• The Zaford looking guy did seem pleased when he found that box. What would be in it?

Could be an Eridian artifact full of unimaginable power, capable of moving solar systems and unlocking the secrets of the universe... or ya'know some glow sticks taped to a picture of Moxxi.

• Well, the hole Rhys is in when Vasquez threatens him with a gun in the preview looks similar. But it probably has no deeper meaning to it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.