Mira alone in Margaery's Chambers

edited December 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Hey, just curious, did any of you guys take the Tyrell seal or the key? I didn't. I think that the only thing Mira has going for her right now is Margaery's trust (or at least, that's how it appears) and i didn't want to compromise that for what might be a red herring. But i'd still like to hear about what you guys did and why. Also, there isn't a lot of conversation about Mira's story happening right now even though she's in the middle of the highest concentration of political power in Westeros. So here are some points of discussion:

• Thoughts on "the coal boy". worthy of trust? Agent of varys or of littlefinger?

• I really liked the scene in the throne room with the queen and tyrion (although i doubt that at this point in the story he would've been there, it was just nice to see him again. it's been so long since season 4 ended.) I really liked the importance put upon choosing your words wisely. It validates the thought put into the choices that were inconsequential for the most part in past TTG series. Your thoughts on that?

• If i have one complaint it's that there's too much of an instant connection between Mira and Tyrion. They're so immediately candid about things they should really be more guarded about. I feel like this is more in service of us, the players and fans of the show/books, than the story itself. They know how much WE like and trust Tyrion (we know him already, we've read his thoughts and seen how he is when he isn't putting on a show for anyone) but what reason does Mira have to trust him? Again, your thoughts?

While I'm of course very excited about all the conflict going on up north, I'm really interested in Mira's story because it gives me what I want most out of an interactive Game of Thrones experience. Which is, quite simply, to get to take part in the political dance itself. I want to PLAY the game of thrones, and I can't do that from up north.

edit:formatting

Comments

• I took the key, because I thought that would be easier to play off later: "oh, I thought it was nothing/I found it". Taking the seal seemed a bit too brazen. I actually thought maybe it would be a way to forge a Tryell blessing to help out the Forresters in some way, but... I suppose it didn't matter in the end. :(

I did find that "insta connection" a little jarring too. I think it was definitely for the fans; I know most in the King's Landing wouldn't open up to Tyrion immediately, though I'm sure it's clear to everyone that he and Cersei do not agree on everything. Maybe there's a little more history there, what with her being Margarey's hand maiden for a while now, she's been able to glean some of larger players' natures?

• I didn't take them either, because of the same reason as yours.

I'd pick the key if I must choose one though, figure it may be less of a crime than using someone else's house seal...? At least in terms of story, it'd be interesting to see what that leads to.

I feel like the coal boy is an agent of Varys, just because he seems to be nice (silly reasoning, I know). Plus, I'm not sure what would Littlefinger need from the Forresters, aside from the ironwoods.

• edited December 2014

Out of our two major shifty characters of westeros, i find people that always WANT to trust Varys. That's a pretty good skill for a liar to acquire, wouldn't you think? He always makes the person he's speaking to think that they're the one person he doesn't lie to.

• edited December 2014

Maybe there's a little more history there, what with her being Margarey's hand maiden for a while now, she's been able to glean some of larger players' natures?

I could accept that. Either way, I'll take the service as the gift that it is. As for the seal, I agree. Stealing a seal would be like Identity theft. Not to great a system imo.

edit: oh, i forgot to ask, did taking the key cause anything in particular to happen?

aschere posted: »

I took the key, because I thought that would be easier to play off later: "oh, I thought it was nothing/I found it". Taking the seal seemed

• I agree, he isn't exactly loyal or always helpful to people in need, but he looks...less twisted. It seems he has less personal agenda than Littlefinger, but that doesn't mean he won't stab you in the back when needed. Anyway, I think it'd be good to befriend the coal boy and get more info, no matter whose spy he is. So far Mira hasn't really give much info to him other than something pretty much everyone knows. (I hope that but I'm not sure if there'd be option to bail out later...)

kgoodies posted: »

Out of our two major shifty characters of westeros, i find people that always WANT to trust Varys. That's a pretty good skill for a liar to

• I took both, but, feel bad about it now. I will change that when I play it again.

• I'll be honest, I thought this thread was going to be about something entirely different when I first clicked on it...

• well, if know one thing about espionage is that the only way to get is to give, so that means collusion, which is a dangerous game to be playing as a northerner at court already under the scrutiny of the crown. How exciting : )

kyoten1047 posted: »

I agree, he isn't exactly loyal or always helpful to people in need, but he looks...less twisted. It seems he has less personal agenda than

• haha, yeah, i realized that the title could be a little bit misleading JUST after I submitted it.

udc24 posted: »

I'll be honest, I thought this thread was going to be about something entirely different when I first clicked on it...

• I took the key. I thought a key might be a little easier to miss.

Regarding the coal boy, I don't know. I really want an ally, but would you really take the offer in a city full of lies and deceit?

I enjoyed the throne scene. I really felt like my words will have an effect.

About Tyrion and Mira. You can always see Mira's words as simple courtesies, as Tyrion is after all the son of the most powerful lord in Westeros.

• I'd really be curious that if you take the key, and lost a bit of trust from Sera, if you could blame the key being lost on her later on in the story. Could be quite bold of a Forrester to do in King's Landing.

• I took both. I figured that Margaery had deliberately left them out for Mira to find and use... And then Margaery came back in the room... Oops. :-(

• I just went for it and took them both. I get the impression that at least the key will be helpful to Mira in the future. The seal could get her into trouble, but I just took it anyway. When I played TWD Season 2 Episode 1 for the first time, I didn't take Pete's watch when it was an option, because I thought it was wrong. Turns out, Nick really wanted the watch after they left the cabin and I didn't have it to give to him. So, now I'll take whatever is laying around. Lol. At least, I will in my main playthrough. In my second playthrough (which I'm halfway through right now), I'll probably leave them alone.

• edited December 2014

I...somehow completely missed seeing either item. Weird!

I wonder if it has something to do with me completely refusing to talk to both the coal boy and the other handmaiden - since I totally didn't trust either of them.

• I'm sure missed something because I didn't see any key. But well, I wouldn't take it anyway.

• I took the seal. seemed like it would be useful for my family. I would have taken the key too if I knew I could have taken both. :P

• edited December 2014

Left the seal, could probably use that without margaerys consent but that'd be pretty treasonous so thought not to.

Took the key because I want to unlock whatever it is that key unlocks and I'll just frame and blame it on Sera if I need to lol.

• I didn't take anything. No point in pushing things. Mira has very little/no pull and like you said no point in betraying Margaery's trust. Besides I don't know what good having those would do so played it safe there.

The coal boy seems way to helpful. Knowing what happens to people who dare go above their station like that he's pushing his luck and he's just there to provide a helping hand? I don't believe it.

Tyrion is my favorite character and I was super happy to see him. I'm currently reading Feast for Crows and his absence is just terrible. Without him Cersei is just a boring 1 dimensional character who is not nearly as deep as she likes to think she is. Tyrion got on her nerves and I love him for that. So that part was my favorite. He talks about having to have dinner with Sansa so it seems he should be there.

• There are two people I see making it to the very end of the series if Martin ever finishes the books. Varys and Littlefinger. These two know how the game of thrones is played and are very clever. Its the ones who stand out that are always dying in this world. I can see Daenarys finally reaching Westoros and taking back her reign only to be assassinated by an agent of one of those two. Littlefinger especially.

kgoodies posted: »

Out of our two major shifty characters of westeros, i find people that always WANT to trust Varys. That's a pretty good skill for a liar to

• Took the seal because I want to help my family even if it puts me at risk but I left the key because I thought Margaery would know if that went missing.

I don't trust the coal boy but he could be useful. He mentioned that me may have some connections.

I didn't think there was that much of a connection betweeen Tyrion and Myra, there can be if you choose to. I just think Tyrion was being his normal friendly self and sided with Myra to piss Cersi off. Myra did give Tyrion an unsure loo at first,I'm should non Game of Thrones fans wouldn't have felt weird about that scene, although I can't say that about the rest of the game.

• I'd argue Varys is much, much for agenda driven than LF, whereas LF seems driven purely by chaos and whatever's happening at the time, Varys seems like he has an actual end-goal in sights and its something he has been working on for a long, long time.

kyoten1047 posted: »

I agree, he isn't exactly loyal or always helpful to people in need, but he looks...less twisted. It seems he has less personal agenda than

• Varys' 'little birds' usually don't have tongues, or eyes, so I assume the coal boy is working for LF, and I don't trust him for a second... but I think Mira wants to, so I am going to play less cautiously.

I wanted to take the key but, exactly like the watch in season two of TWD, I decided to leave it because I have no intentions to gain the reputation as a thief. That said, my experience with the watch was that I should have taken it and I will probably regret not taking one of either the seal or key when Cersei locks Mira in that room. :p

• I'd like to hear what the coal boy has to offer, but I didn't trust him at all. He could be connected to anyone on the King's Council.

Ended up taking the key, but not the seal. Seemed a tad safer than outright forging Margaery's signature (plus I'm curious).

I also thought the back-and-forth with Tyrion felt a bit out of place. There's obvious fan-appeal, but I don't see why Mira would speak openly with any of the Lannisters at this point.

• I didn't steal anything from Margaery, which I think is again a credit to the writers in creating characters that reach the audience. I grew up playing adventure games (QFG, KQ, SQ, PQ, MI, etc) and if you encounter something that you can take, you take it, because later on some random puzzle is going to need that item.

Here it was like... "No, that wouldn't be smart. I need Margaery's help, she might remember and hold it against me."

• haha me too, a little disappointed now

udc24 posted: »

I'll be honest, I thought this thread was going to be about something entirely different when I first clicked on it...

• Alt text

yes..

I stole everything...I learned from TWD S2 that Stealing=Good.

• I stole everything...I learned from TWD S2 that Stealing=Good.

• I would eat the shit out of that Raccoon.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

yes..

• I took neither item. I think that if I'm to commit to any alliance, Margaery is the safest bet. Consequently, taking any of her personal items and thus drawing her ire seems like an unwise move, especially since I've already make the REALLY unwise move of declaring my "Margaery > Joffrey" allegiance right to Cersei's face. I feel as though I've stepped on some thin ice with Margaery after the whole "mom asked me to ask you" thing, wasting some of her political power in the process.

Coal boy... I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm hoping he's one of the Spider's little birds (that's what I pegged him as from moment one), but if he's working for someone else - especially Littlefinger - then NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE...

• fun fact: if you choose not to ask Marge for help there is no option to steal those 2 things

• remember that its ''YOU'' who decide if you want to open to tyrion or not. it can go both ways! i trust him, so i opened myself to him, somepeople dont want to so they didnt and shut him off or spoke formally with him... they gave you both options. :D its how you want Mira to react not the other way around.

Mikejames posted: »

I'd like to hear what the coal boy has to offer, but I didn't trust him at all. He could be connected to anyone on the King's Council. En

• Ahh i was just about to ask how did i not have that option bu thanks for answering.

todicpetar posted: »

fun fact: if you choose not to ask Marge for help there is no option to steal those 2 things

• Left everything alone. Im already on thin ice with Margaery after asking her to talk to Joffrey. I dont want to lose her completely.

• edited December 2014

There weren't any dialogue options that allow you to continue your facade of being loyal to the Lannisters by saying you were being genuine with the queen. The choices with Tyrion either bluntly admit that Mira was lying or that she doesn't like Cersei.

There's always the choice to stay silent, but I'd rather not have to ignore the people who are directly talking to me.

Mercyva posted: »

remember that its ''YOU'' who decide if you want to open to tyrion or not. it can go both ways! i trust him, so i opened myself to him, some

• If i had a choice i probably would've taken. I don't think it will matter much in the game so it is better to have more stuff with you. When i gave the watch to Nick he was happy didn't even ask if i stole it or whatever but i couldn't ask Margery for help.
    For starters, i dn't like her and i don't trust her and even if she would really did go Jofrey i know he wouldn't accept it. It is the Starks that we are talking about and Jofrey who hates everyone, threats everone like shit and mostly hate Starks and Tyrion.

• You can be a little blunt about your feelings towards Cersei, but Mira as a part of the court will know about how blatantly the two siblings feud. If there's one stranger she knows she could earn brownie points for dumping on Cersei with, it's Tyrion.

• edited December 2014

I took both because I thought that I'd need them to explore the room, and when you're playing an adventure game the general rule is to take everything. But then Margaery came in and trapped me in a cutscene. Oops.

If I'd known that I'd probably just have taken the key

• Mira alone in Margaery's chambers

Alt text

• Took nothing. After swearing undying loyalty to Margery right to the Queen Regent's face, it wouldn't be a good idea to draw Margery's ire as well. I already screwed up by asking for her help to convince Joffrey. Anything more than that right now isn't exactly in my best interest.

Coal boy... I am kind to him when I can be, but I don't fully trust him. King's Landing makes me too paranoid to blindly accept his offer of help.

Loved and hated the scene with Cersei and Tyrion. Cersei thinks she's clever with her threats and wordplay, but like other characters have pointed out, she's not nearly as smart as she thinks she is, and I loved telling her I served Margery over Joffrey. Also loved Tyrion's little quips as he dismantled her charade.

• Funny, cuz as i was playing the throne room scene all i could think was

"Fuck Tyrion, would you shut up? Im trying to placate this bitch and you arent really making it easy for me!"

But i did love the scene

Sign in to comment in this discussion.