Which Monkey Island games have you completed?

Quite an interesting question, I think!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    1&2&3&4

Soon to come

Tales of monkey island

And &1 Special Edition!
  • edited June 2009
    Ravey wrote: »

That thread is for "played", this is for "COMPLETED" :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    Ravey wrote: »

But one is about just playing the games and this is about finishing them. Since a lot of people have pretty bitter memories of giving up on EMI, I would look for that one's completion to be lower by a mile than all the others.
  • edited June 2009
    2 and 3 for me.

I've ataully barely played the original. Tried to last year but just couldn't handle the graphics on a big monitor... so the Special Edition is almost as exciting for me as TMI!
  • edited June 2009
    IpFreely wrote: »
    1&2&3&4

Soon to come

Tales of monkey island

And &1 Special Edition!

yerp
  • edited June 2009
    All of them!

And several times, too. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    1,4,2,3 in that order.

Crazy, I know.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them!

And several times, too. ;)

This.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them & Tales pre-ordered \o/
  • edited June 2009
    1,2,3 and 4 for me. All episodes are very good.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them, with 3 done on both difficulties.
    Soon will have completed Tales, and when the special edition comes out, I'll be completing that too.
    Almost a month till the first episode... this wait will seem longer than the last 9 years :(
  • edited June 2009
    Wow, almost everybody has completed every game so far!
  • edited June 2009
    Curse and Escape only
    I can't wait to complete the remake of the first one :D
  • edited June 2009
    I've completed all the games and I know by heart how to solve all the puzzles in the saga
  • edited June 2009
    I've beaten SMI and MI2. But I've only beaten MI2 on easy mode so far. Not that I think MI2 is too hard, but rather just because I wanted to experience all the ways it can be played.
  • edited June 2009
    MI2 is the hardest game in the series, though. It's not too hard, but harder than the rest.
  • edited June 2009
    Some puzzles in MI2 are pretty challenging, I think. In terms of ingenious puzzles, it probally is the greatest graphich adventure ever made, IMHO
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2009
    After pre-ordering TMI, I finally decided to get EMI out of the way (I completed the first three games several times, but installation problems, then annoying controls "made" me not want to play EMI).
    I finally started playing it yesterday (after having "managed" to install it on my PC over three years ago) and it's not too bad once you realize that there is a second control scheme besides the awful (IMO) default one.
    Now, if I can get over the annoying French dubbing (I bought the game in Belgium seven years ago), I'm confident I can complete it before the release of TMI.
  • edited June 2009
    Having hard to solve puzzles doesn't make it the best adventure game ever made. It's the experience. Luckily MI2 does have a qualifying amount of good experience to label it as best adventure game ever.
  • edited June 2009
    I think he meant that in terms of puzzles, it's the best adventure game ever made. In other words, the puzzles are better than in other adventure games.
    At least that's how I read it.
  • edited June 2009
    Which is true. I said what I said just in case because it seemed to be in response to how hard the puzzles were. I wasn't really correcting him, just throwing it out there.
  • edited June 2009
    Indeed. We are in complete agreement
  • edited June 2009
    All of them, I've completed Curse the most, then LeChucks Revengem then Secret and finally escape the least.
  • edited June 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    MI2 is the hardest game in the series, though. It's not too hard, but harder than the rest.

For me, it's the first one (and EFMI because of the controls in some puzzle like the rocks on Monkey Island). MI2 was easier because I played the lite version first. I just remember to be block a long time on the puzzle with the wanted Guybrush poster and the bottle o´near-grog.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them , I found all of them fairly challenging at first , The monkey combat of the 4th game irked me ...
  • edited June 2009
    Completed all 4 but I don't think I could complete EMI without using a save game to get pass that annoying Monkey Kombat bit, that was the moment that killed it for me with that game it kept changing and most of the combinations didn't connect well with specific moves.
  • edited June 2009
    I never got to complete CMI because I had problems getting it to run on my desktop and laptop. It didn't seem to like XP. I would get so far in and then it would crash.

Then it would barely start without crashing so I gave up.

I bought EMI for the PS2 with great excitement in 2005 but I found it completely unplayable and hence never finished it.
  • edited June 2009
    I've completed all of them.

Secret of Monkey Island: Thrice.
    Lechuck's Revenge: More times than I can count.
    Curse of Monkey Island: Once.
    Escape from Monkey Island: Thrice.

I'm looking forward to getting to play Secret of Monkey Island again (this time with voices), and I'm almost salivating over Tales.
  • edited June 2009
    Merkel wrote: »
    Some puzzles in MI2 are pretty challenging, I think. In terms of ingenious puzzles, it probally is the greatest graphich adventure ever made, IMHO

I reckon it's too close to cal lbetween MI2 and Fate of Atlantis.
  • edited June 2009
    I never got to complete CMI because I had problems getting it to run on my desktop and laptop. It didn't seem to like XP. I would get so far in and then it would crash.

I bought EMI for the PS2 with great excitement in 2005 but I found it completely unplayable and hence never finished it.

I am not sure about the PS2 but you can plug any keyboard into your Ps3 which would help you play it. Also if you don't know a ps3 and want one get the bakwards compatible version that allows you to play PS2 games on it, then you will have no problem at all playing the game. I would look into a keyboard for your ps2...dont know if they make them.
  • edited June 2009

I play the curse of monkey island on my computer which uses XP but you got to do some extra stuff like have the game run in windows 95/98 mode and another step of something like that. However it's 100% possible to get it to work and it's a really fun game since it's the first game with voice acting. Plus the colors are FANTASTIC in the game.

Hell, even the chickens on the first island are cute as hell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IBUfXq0nbk&feature=PlayList&p=81288678549D91E3&index=0&playnext=1 watch for the chicken at 2:25-2:30.
  • edited June 2009
    I reckon it's too close to cal lbetween MI2 and Fate of Atlantis.

I agree. Fate of was very ingenious (the three ways and the puzzles are complexed but not like "The Dig") and the graphics was very good too. It's a tough call.
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks for the info guys.

Can you believe I gave away my copies of CMI and EMI only a month ago? I had honestly given up hope on there being any more Monkey Island games but it looks like I was way WRONG! :D

I've been hugely enjoying Broken Sword on the Wii to the extent that I think my preferred platform for adventuring is now that. Can't believe I'm saying that, but it's great!
  • edited June 2009
    fire2box wrote: »
    I play the curse of monkey island on my computer which uses XP but you got to do some extra stuff like have the game run in windows 95/98 mode and another step of something like that. However it's 100% possible to get it to work and it's a really fun game since it's the first game with voice acting. Plus the colors are FANTASTIC in the game.

Hell, even the chickens on the first island are cute as hell. (anyways here's a link to watch curse of monkey island. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IBUfXq0nbk&feature=PlayList&p=81288678549D91E3&index=0&playnext=1 )

Yes, CUMI also worked on XP and Vista with the compatibility mode on "Windows 95" (it's the same for others adventure games like Broken Swords 1 & 2 but not for EFMI). And you can also use SCUMMVM.
  • edited June 2009
    fire2box wrote: »
    I play the curse of monkey island on my computer which uses XP but you got to do some extra stuff like have the game run in windows 95/98 mode and another step of something like that.
    This.

That is all.

np: Sin Fang Bous - We Belong (Clangour)
  • edited June 2009
    I've played them all, but I've only played the second one once, so my memory of it is foggy. I know.:eek: I really must play it again. The others I've played several times. Especially Curse.
    1,4,2,3 in that order.

Crazy, I know.

You know, I played them out of order too...sort of. The first I just watched my dad play, but didn't play it on my own until much later. I went to number 4 back when it came out, and then number 3, which came free with Escape. Then I went back to 1 and finally 2. I first played number 2 a few years ago.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them.
  • edited June 2009
    I found Monkey 4 to be the hardest game in the Monkey Island series. The Monkey Combat took time, just to put those combos on paper. The last "boss" fight took quite a while for me as well due to it being too simple. Just didnt see it comming. The part that annoyed me the most was the rock, harmonica and so on part on Monkey Island. Just didnt make sense and I had to use a walkthrough :(

In Monkey 2 and 3, just start out with the easy game first, then hard game after. My favorite is Monkey Island 2 because of it all. Greatest puzzles, jokes, story, ending even the graphics. But when it comes to the story I guess Day of the Tentacle might actually beat it. Simply love it when time becomes a factor.

Only completed MI4 once. All the others 2-5 times... maybe more. Some weekends me and my brother just try to see who can do it the faster. End up having to read all the lines though because of all the fun stuff that would be missed otherwise.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh yeah, ScummVM. Even a Wii version of it is out. I will have to try the new Broken Sword 1 for Wii.
  • edited June 2009
    ive finished smi and mi2 so much ive lost count but smi more than mi2.
    cmi i've finished maybe 5 times
    emi ive only finished once i think maybe twice.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.