Which Monkey Island games have you completed?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    All of them.

Mostly The Secret and Revenge several times. The hardest to finish was Escape for Monkey Kombat.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them!

And several times, too. ;)

Me too I usually play them once every two years
  • edited June 2009
    I've finished them all. I received Escape as a Christmas gift after hearing how good Curse was, and got Secret and Revenge free with Grim Fandango. Years later, I found Curse on sale at Target. I just got lucky with regard to finding those last three.
    But yes, all of them.
  • edited June 2009
    Wow, we're all pretty versed in the history of MI, then!
  • edited June 2009
    finished the first 3 a bunch of times, never finished 4. Even tried playing it with a walkthrough, but it just wasn't fun, it felt like a chore playing that game.
  • edited June 2009
    Finished all four quite a couple of times.

During this week, I replayed the first three games, and probably will start replaying EMI today.
  • edited June 2009
    Eduardo wrote: »
    Finished all four quite a couple of times.

During this week, I replayed the first three games, and probably will start replaying EMI today.

Did you remember the solution to every puzzle?
  • edited June 2009
    kblood wrote: »
    Oh yeah, ScummVM. Even a Wii version of it is out. I will have to try the new Broken Sword 1 for Wii.

I tried to play LOOM VGA on the Wii version, and it was terrible, it had to load every sound before it played it, and it took forever.
    Don't know whether it is just because its large sound files in that version, but it worked perfectly on PC, just not Wii. Shame really.
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    I tried to play LOOM VGA on the Wii version, and it was terrible, it had to load every sound before it played it, and it took forever.
    Don't know whether it is just because its large sound files in that version, but it worked perfectly on PC, just not Wii. Shame really.
    There are ways to get it to work.. you just have to compress the audio.. a lot. :P
  • edited June 2009
    There are ways to get it to work.. you just have to compress the audio.. a lot. :P

So not much bpoint in the VGA version on it :P

But man I love that game, with voices it just adds extra epicness.
    I wihs they'd completed the trilogy instead of just leaving it at Loom.
  • edited June 2009
    Did you remember the solution to every puzzle?

Basically, yes. There was sometimes when facing a puzzle I said "right, I needed that, or this!"
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    So not much bpoint in the VGA version on it :P

But man I love that game, with voices it just adds extra epicness.
    I wihs they'd completed the trilogy instead of just leaving it at Loom.

It is a pity that they had to truncate some of the dialogue and the close ups to fit it into a cd. :(
  • edited June 2009
    All.....several million times...it's funnier each time.
  • edited June 2009
    i love how everyone on this forum seems to be an original fanboy :P

i started playing 2 at someone else's house (i was like 7) and we all got stuck like 10 minutes in. but i couldn't forget about it. then i bought them a few years later when i was allowed on the computer lol.

then followed 3 and 4 :D

this is so awesome.
  • edited June 2009
    Eduardo wrote: »
    It is a pity that they had to truncate some of the dialogue and the close ups to fit it into a cd. :(
    That's why you should get the FM Towns version.
    I'm very glad I picked it up - it has the 256 colors from the PC CD version, but instead of voices, it has CD audio music throughout.
    And it keeps all the closeups and dialogue from the PC floppy version :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    Yes, I know of it. :D

Once I even tried (just for fun) running the Kanji version in ScummVM to see how it looked.
  • edited June 2009
    Ah :D It's the best version if you ask me... it's a great thing ScummVM supports these versions, as I don't like the FM Towns emulator very much (UNZ or something).
  • edited June 2009
    i finished 1
    then 2
    then 3
    then 4

then again i played 3 and 4

then i played 1 2 3 4 again
  • edited June 2009
    Completed
    1,2,3 many times
    4 twise (first time and one while waiting for ToMI)
  • edited June 2009
    Never played 4. Still considering getting it... Should I?
  • edited June 2009
    Never played 4. Still considering getting it... Should I?

If you want a complete set go ahead. You might enjoy it more than a lot of others did. It's one of those 50/50 games. You either really love it or you really hate it.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them!
  • edited June 2009
    All of them

i wrong to vote!
  • edited June 2009
    I don't know if it's been mentioned but this poll looks l ike it had an even amount of votes, more or less. I am surprised that many people gave up on EMI .
  • edited June 2009
    3,4,1,2 in that order. Ive finished them about 20 times each, maybe even more.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them. I played MI1 when I was 7, got stuck at the beginning as I didn't realise how to get onto the island map. Didn't take me too long to finish it after I got told you could just walk past the lookout :o. Then I started MI2 - man that game was hard for me back then (especially the monkey-wrench puzzle). After that I devoured CMI and EMI when they came out, and have replayed them all innumerable times. Really can't wait for ToMI :D
  • edited June 2009
    I finished CMI, SMI, MI2, and EMI in that order.
  • edited June 2009
    I completed them all 5 years ago
Sign in to comment in this discussion.