Favourite Monkey Island Theme

Way too many selections for a poll, but what's your favourite music theme from all the MI games? I realize many people would choose the main theme itself so let's have a little fun and keep that one off-limits! ;)

So as awesome as it is, pick any theme at all other than the main theme! Mine would have to be either the following the shopkeeper/Melee Island woods theme or the VooDoo woman/Monkey Island catacombs theme (both from SMI). Can't really decide which. They're both very catchy.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    if you by theme mean like puzzles then I'm really into everything I guess... they're all such great fun that if I can I want to say EVERY, save for that lame Monkey Kombat thing.
  • edited June 2009
    Following the Shop Keeper
    Governor Phatt
    Wally Crying (also heard in the end credits)
    Rollercoaster of Death
    Prostheses Shop
    Hermann Toothrot (EMI)
  • edited June 2009
    I really liked the Barbershop and the Puerto Pollo themes from MI3.

In fact I liked all the music from MI3, I think it had the best music in the whole series.
  • edited June 2009
    if you by theme mean like puzzles then I'm really into everything I guess... they're all such great fun that if I can I want to say EVERY, save for that lame Monkey Kombat thing.

No, I'm talking about the music.
  • edited June 2009
    I love the music at the very end of MI2. Creepy and epic.
    Runner up: the Phatt Island theme.
  • edited June 2009
    No, I'm talking about the music.

ohhh yeah. too tired to read. voodoo music is great.
  • edited June 2009
    I'd have to pick the ending music for MI 2 as well, it was such a perfect note to end the game on (pun intended!).
  • edited June 2009
    I'm not sure which is my favorite, but I love the Scumm Bar theme.
  • edited June 2009
    The first music I ever heard from any Monkey Island game was the MI2 title theme through a PC speaker, and even now I still like that version! Beep beep beep!
  • edited June 2009
    I'm in love with pretty much any music from Monkey Island 1 - 3, CoMI is my fave though.
  • edited June 2009
    LeChucks theme is awesome, after seeing this thread I've had it constantly in my head.
  • edited June 2009
    A toss up between the Eliane Marley theme , and Largo Theme, of the originals. I love all of CMI though .
  • edited June 2009
    Besides the main theme, i think the introduction to scabb island (right when guybrush is telling his story to the pirates) its a beatiful melody, along with the banjo notes in CMI, when you have to chose the difficulty level.
    Both of them are kind of blue and mellancolic, i love them.
  • edited June 2009
    I like the smuggler's theme in Andre's cave, in CMI, when Guybrush is playing poker to get the diamond. Spooky, dark, interesting. Likewise the background music pretty much everywhere on Blood Island.
  • edited June 2009
    Someone just had to post a thread like this, didn't they? Surely they must have realised that it would cause me to spend the next 2 hours listening to all of the the Soundtracks all over again XD
  • edited June 2009
    Every god damn theme from Monkey Island is great, but i especially love the Le Chuck's one. I've thought about somehow coering it a thousand time and always got way too lazy, but god, this has to be one of the greatest theme ever.
    I actually love most of those old lucasart themes (sam and max had a lot of awesome stuff, and the ennio morricone rip off from outlaw was pretty well done), especially in those old "crapy" MIDI versions. Usually hate MIDI but I dunno, this crap sound just seems to fit them so well.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    The rollercoaster chase from the end of Monkey 3, and Largo's theme from Monkey 2, are favorites of mine.
  • edited June 2009
    Even though it is one of the more anonymous tracks from the Monkey Island game, the one track I find myself whisteling to the most is the Scabb Island map-theme.

Also, I like the music in the Goodsoup hotel in CMI and the Cementary theme from MI2.
  • edited June 2009
    The music in the Goodsoup hotel is really nostalgic and melancholic. Kinda like the feeling of the whole island. I love it
  • edited June 2009
    The Woodtick theme in MI2.
  • edited June 2009
    puerulus wrote: »
    The Woodtick theme in MI2.

Nice av.
  • edited June 2009
    I love the MI2 main theme music, it always has me doing a little Monkey Island dance. The chef/carpenter theme from MI2 is also good, but only when it has the washboard noise.
  • edited June 2009
    Woodtick, Captain Dread, and the main theme are probably my favourites.
  • edited June 2009
    Plunder Island - Puerto Pollo is one of my favorite themes ever in a game. It's so relaxing and really brings you into the game. If I'm listening to it outside the game I'll immediately envision that area and just feel relaxed and happy.

Lechuck's theme is also awesome and extremely effective. Whenever I hear the music I get a bit rattled as if I have to go through the end of the SoMI sequence quickly before he punches me :D
  • edited June 2009
    I Love woodtick theme, on all variations, especially the one you get when you enter Largo's room, which is basically his theme, but in a lower key. When I realized that, I really understood how amazing the score for this game is.
    other favorites of mine are the smuggler's cave music, which, for some reason, whenever i hear it, I think about a saw.:confused: go figure.
    I also liked the captain rottingham's music you hear when you talk to him at the barbershop.
    Oh, and of course, the music for The Underground Tunnels in MI2, especially the beginning of it, and the way it eases in. The music you get when you and wally are "hanging out" in MI2 is also very good. in CMI, the beginning tune when you're in the quicksand (very Caribbean-esque). Oh, who am i kidding? I'd like the whole soundtrack from MI2 and 3 to be played at my funeral. :D
  • edited June 2009
    My favourite Woodtick theme would have to be Wally's place.
  • edited June 2009
    A.o. i'm especially addicted to this theme. Guess where it's from?! :O)
  • edited June 2009
    That's Woodtick.
  • edited June 2009
    Ai, whilst walking through each ship. :O)
  • edited June 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    Ai, whilst walking through each ship. :O)

yhea, but he didn't go into Largo's room ><
  • edited June 2009
    Just those which fit.
  • edited June 2009
    1990, 1991, 1997, 2000, 2009

Almost forgot that there was a big gap already once before.
  • edited June 2009
    idk of it's the best but the most nostalgic for me is when you start up SoMI and watch the intro
  • edited June 2009
    The main theme is off-limits. What's your favourite theme BESIDES the main theme?
  • edited June 2009
    The them that goes 'la laaa la la la la la laaaa', the title escapes me.

And Stan's theme, of course.
  • edited June 2009
    The SCUMM Bar theme in SMI.
  • edited June 2009
    the theme inside the pub with monkey on piano i think is great, seem like nice variation of main theme

its on 8:05 on monkey island piano video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rtiAQk3ojE
  • edited June 2009
    gotta say Le Chuck or original scummbar theme...though probably Le Chuck
  • edited June 2009
    Hmm.. I'm not sure. I think I love them all!
    But I have kinda preference for these:
    -Main Theme (all versions, including Jojo's one :) )
    -LeChuck's Theme (especially in MI2)
    -Woodtick
    -Largo's Theme
    -Booty Island's Shop
    -Blood Island
Sign in to comment in this discussion.