German PS3-Release

Hi there,

I recently bought the Season Pack for the PS3 version at the PSN Store.

Unfortunately there is no possibility for downloading the first episode. When I confirm the download button nothing happens.

Do I have to do something special because it is the season pack or was the release of the PS3 version just delayed?

FIY: I live in Germany.

Thank you really much.

Sincerely

OnionKnight

Comments

• same problem here

• Exact Same thing with me. I Live in Germany and bought the seasons pass yesterday, but when I press download I See the loading screen for a couple of seconds but nothing happens and the game won't Show up in the download list either.
    Please help

• Same problem here :-(

• same here, Germany too...this is ridiculous... on the playstation blog the admin said they never received any new info from Telltale about the release on PS3 and the people should ask the publisher... Tales from the Borderlands isn't on the store either, and that was supposed to come out last week...

I don't know whose fault it is but silence isn't helping us and its just not fair... we deserve answers on this...

• edited December 2014

Yup, terrible...
    On the same blog just a week earlier someone said that its only Germany. In Austria they are playing both games since last week.
    Whoever is responsible for this...

• I'm gonna keep bumping this thread til we get some legit info.. the problem aren't the season passes, its that the episodes for both GOT & TFTB are not uploaded to the store.. and sony blog says they never got info from TTG..

• I have a feeling that I flushed down 50 bucks down the toilet...

• Give us the game!!!! Come on!!!!!!!!!

• I dont think its that bad, you'll get what you paid for.. but the big question is WHEN ??!! I got a feeling it wont be soon cause it really seems that nobody cares about this situation .. and with christmas and holidays coming up I wouldnt be surprised if we have to wait til next year..

• I'm from Ireland and I have the same problem. The season pass is there and you can go into the episode (have been able to for a few days) I hit download and it does so in seconds (despite borderlands taking hours). Then it auto-installs and instead of being available to play, it saves as unplayable game data?

It's so frustrating having to deal with shit like this all the time cause I'm like a ridiculous Telltale fanboy but you can only be so annoyed so long. I'm a while off giving up but I see why others might.

• good to hear that its not just us... hopefully Telltale gets in contact with SCEE asap when they realise that more people from europe got the problem... and not just GOT but also Tales from the borderlands which is already a week late now..

and whats really making me a bit mad is that its only ps3.. ps4 is doing fine..

• Borderlands was available here. Crashed on me once and I didn't play the originals so I probably missed a fair bit, but it was alright.

iLLone posted: »

good to hear that its not just us... hopefully Telltale gets in contact with SCEE asap when they realise that more people from europe got th

• edited December 2014

I'm really looking forward to play both.. hopefully very soon..

• The collaboration between Sony and TT was never really good. Especially since TWD S2. There were always delays or the game was almost impossible to find. Maybe Sony is slowly shutting down the psn for the ps3 because the ps4 sold so well. If the ps4 wouldnt exist there would be like a hundred more people in here complaining instead of like 5 people. Thats collateral damage and the only option will be to turn to steam or buy a ps4. Thats what Sony definitely would want...
    Sony sents us here and TT will sent us to Sony. That are the things to come...

• 1.i bought a game 2.i can't download it 3.i don't have the time to search for this problem in the internet 4.i don't want to get mad with this support 5.i want my money back, but sony won't let me 6.i'll never buy a game of telltale again! (i would rather download it on the interwebz and have fun than spending money for getting fucked)

• I would feel better if we would just get some kind of reply from someone! I bought the products and I want to be able to play it. But telltale don't say anything about it. All I want is to know they are trying to resolve the problem.

• I doubt it.. telltale probably doesnt know about this problem.. like johnson83 said.. we're a small group of people, if ps4 users had this it would be a big thing by now .. we need to get in contact with the telltale staff that replies here every now and then, cause sony won't do anything til telltale gets at them and they sort it out.. next week is probably the last update before christmas, maybe the last of this year.. and I seriously doubt they can fix it til then.. its a shame..

• No, you definitely wont get you money back but the only thing you can do is impending of making this public (facebook, twitter etc). The outcome is not forseeable. This will never get fixed and we wont get our money back. But a possible internet shitstorm is even smth big corporations fear...
    If this wont get done in like 4 weeks or so I´m gonna write the public departments of Sony Germany and Telltale a letter.

PARATUX posted: »

1.i bought a game 2.i can't download it 3.i don't have the time to search for this problem in the internet 4.i don't want to get mad with th

• I'm defo not one of the "I hate this sight delay so I quit the games forever" kind of guy. I know I'll enjoy the game so I'll get it when it's out. It's just disappointing to never really know with them.

Like you say we need to contact them cause they don't know. We're posting this on the official Telltale website in the official Game of Thrones section, not exactly hiding in a corner you know.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon enough cause I love the company and reckon a lot more less patient people back off from their products with all these small delays.

• hell yeah.. I love telltale, no doubt about that.. but its always the same.. TFTBL is more than a week late now.. and we didnt even get news about that.. like you said, this is the official telltale site and not some fan page.. I know mistakes happen but seriously this is not the first time.. and the worst thing is no mod or telltale staff replies to us..

• I just send an email to telltale's support e-mail. I just hope they'll read it in time. If we try hard to get their attention, they might fix the problem

• edited December 2014

thats great.. thx!! I found a bunch of other threads on here about this.. telltale mike responded to some.. last respond was yesterday and he said he will look into it.. I dont know why they didnt get on top after I replied.. but there are quite a few threads with this topic..

lets hope they can fix it asap cause it looks like next week's gonna be the last real store update for EU this year.. besides the christmas deals..

I seriously have no clue what more we can do besides sending emails to support and keep posting here so the topic stays on top.. cause sony keeps playing the "no new info,ask telltale" game..

I'm not even 100% sure that its just telltale's fault.. probably communication issues.. sony eu announced both GOT & TFTBL last week and only put up the season passes.. GOT wasnt even supposed to come out last week.. yet they announced it..

and the strangest thing is some eu countries got it (atleast TFTBL ) and others dont.. Germany seems like the only country with this big problem..

• Is the shit that's happening with me happening with you guys in Germany? The download for Episode 1 is there, it DLs in seconds, auto-installs, game data is created yet there is no actual game to play anywhere.

Yeah on the store it's saying that the first episode's DL thing has been up since the 3rd, which I don't even know if that was the US date. No clue what's going on there. Bad PR from Telltale but horrendous communication and management from Sony. They can keep saying the "Ask Telltale" shite all they like, but aren't Sony supposed to keep on top of everything like this? Telltale and other games developers rarely have rivals (unless it's like COD Vs Battlefield). Telltale just releases their games, and if the fans like the genre they will get it. Sony has a direct rival in Microsoft, so they should be working to try and make sure shit like this never gets delayed and they stay on top.

Ahhh we can complain all we want. I don't mind too much as long as we get it within the next month or so. I didn't really know it was coming out until last week and my store had Borderlands so I just finished that and at least got a slight Telltale fix in :D

• well..the thing is, its only on ps3.. ps4 users dont have any problems.. sony just doesnt care alot about the ps3 anymore..

our problem in Germany is you can buy the season passes.. but the episodes are not on the store.. so when you buy the season pass you can activate it.. but theres no game to download

• All I want is to know someone is looking after this problem! Is this going to be a thing on ps3 plattaform? I don't want to have the same problem with all the episodes over and over again.

• edited December 2014

I wrote smth on the german playstationblog website... Seems like they deleted it... Well...

• Hi ########,

dein letzter Thread wurde entfernt. Zu dem Problem existieren bereits mehrere Threads in denen du dich auch schon geäußert hast. Neue Threads zu eröffnen führt nur dazu, dass das Forum unübersichtlicher wird und andere User Schwierigkeiten haben eine Lösug zu finden.

Zu deinem Problem, ein User hat heute Morgen folgendes gepostet http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Support-PSN/Tales-from-the-Borderlands-Episode-1/m-p/22762733/highlight/true#M44127

Bitte unterlasse in Zukunft Threads zu eröffnen, wenn bereits andere zum gleichen Thema existieren.

Danke und viele Grüße,

RamTanTan

• Same problem. Could someome from telltale give us an official comment? We all pair the Season pass and there's the comment that Episode 1 is avaible now. (I bought it last Saturday) When can we get the hand on something we already paid?

• telltale mike (telltale staff) said in another thread that they are aware of the problem and they contacted sony about this.. he hopes to have an update for us as soon as possible..

jennifer (also telltale staff) said its not telltale's fault but sony's..

we'll see if anything happens..next wednesday is probably the last store update for 2014.. lets hope we got some news til then ..

• never mind whose fault it is.. this shouldn't happen! I would have get fired if i would do my job like this!
    Fact is, i'll never buy on PSN again because now i know why i prefere my desktop PC!

• ^That's why Sony are stupid. They cant just pass the blame to Telltale because they HAVE to make sure this stuff is run right. We all love Telltale's games, so we're gonna play them however we can. If Sony keep having a problem with Telltale, other outlets are going to profit from it.

• yeah the whole "ask publisher" thing is sony's favorite answer.. I guess they forgot to upload the episodes.. but I guess it helps when the publisher also lets sony know that theres a problem ..

I just want to play..

• edited December 2014

The download for Episode 1 is there, it DLs in seconds, auto-installs, game data is created yet there is no actual game to play anywhere.

Is there a Demo/Trial Version in you're Store? If there is one download it, the Demo size is around 1 GB and should contain the entire Episode and it should usually unlock with that small download you mentioned above.

About the German Version i think its Sonys fault because it's definitely available in some European Stores like the UK Store https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/game-of-thrones-season-1-ep1-iron-from-ice/cid=EP2026-NPEB02183_00-GOT000000000GAME and they(SCEE) probably just forgot to put it in the German Store (not sure if other EU Countrys are affected) but it is somehow really strange that both PS3 Episodes (GoT/Borderlands) are not available in the German Store.

Is the shit that's happening with me happening with you guys in Germany? The download for Episode 1 is there, it DLs in seconds, auto-instal

• I'm greek and I've been having the same problem. However I tried something hoping it would work and it actually did. I tried downloading the free trial (demo) for the game and it somehow remembered that I had bought the season pass so it gave me access tp the entire episode. I don't know if it will work for you guys but it worked for my european ps3... Glad to be of help (if I was )

iLLone posted: »

yeah the whole "ask publisher" thing is sony's favorite answer.. I guess they forgot to upload the episodes.. but I guess it helps when the publisher also lets sony know that theres a problem .. I just want to play..

• Appreciate the answer mate. Will give it a go and tell you if it works.

The download for Episode 1 is there, it DLs in seconds, auto-installs, game data is created yet there is no actual game to play anywhere.

• edited December 2014

Great....so now I can't find the demo and none of it shows up when searched. It's fucking infuriating seeing this fix on a few sites now and yet a few days ago when the demo was still there, absolutely nothing. Any suggestions on how to hunt down the demo? I cant find the demo for borderlands now either and that was there a day or two ago.

Appreciate the answer mate. Will give it a go and tell you if it works.

• Phew finally found it. I'll update on if it works or not. But I found the demo by doing the following...

Scroll down to Action & Adventure Games
    Set Sorting to Release Date: Newest First
    Scroll down (5 times with me) until you see 2 GoTs, one saying "1 Timed Trial"

I'll update in this to know if it works. The download on my shite internet will take forever anyways lol.

Great....so now I can't find the demo and none of it shows up when searched. It's fucking infuriating seeing this fix on a few sites now and

• ^I'm currently downloading the demo and it would at least seem that harry's right. I've seen a few people saying it online as well. It's taken 45minutes for me to download 4% lol but I think this will work. I believe the actual episode is only somewhat of a decryption to unlock the non demo data, where as the demo contains the actual game.

• edited December 2014

Well afaik there is not even the demo in the German PS3 store. At least I was not able to find it. Then again the demo is available in the Austrian PS3 store. So even someone is able to use both stores, this could not be the solution at all. I hope telltale and Sony resolve the problem asap (like Mike said here: http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/88126/availability-on-ps3

• in germany there isn't even a demo in the psn.. but thanks for the try and enjoy the game :)

I'm greek and I've been having the same problem. However I tried something hoping it would work and it actually did. I tried downloading the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.