Who has pre-ordered?

So, who has pre-ordered Tales of Monkey Island? :)

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Not yet. But I've got some money transferring into my PayPal account as we speak.....it only takes 6-8 days!

Sigh. Not having a credit card sucks.
  • edited June 2009
    I've obviously pre-ordered, how could I pass this up :eek:
    I'm going to pre-order again soon, I want two of those limited edition boxes :D
  • edited June 2009
    Not yet. But I've got some money transferring into my PayPal account as we speak.....it only takes 6-8 days!

Sigh. Not having a credit card sucks.
    Ah, I know the feeling of having problems like that. I never did have problems with paying for things with Paypal though. Just paid for things and Paypal automatically pulled the money from my bank account. Fortunately someone gifted TMI to me. :D

Also, hey, you might not remember me, but I used to go around as LinkDragon, and we've spoken before on one of the Space Quest forums.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh really? Nice to see you again, then! I'm actually the only one running The Janitorial Times forums nowadays (SpaceQuest.Net's forums). Not many visitors anymore, though.

Anyway, I don't know if that will work for me or not because I've got a Canadian bank account. I know that debit cards in Canada mean an entirely different thin in the States, so I don't know how different anything else would be too. Maybe I should read up...
  • edited June 2009
    Paypal works like that for me, too... instant payment.

I'm laffer btw.. I believe we have spoken before as well elsewhere... it might horrify you to learn that as I guess you're annoyed with me by now after all my complaining :p
  • edited June 2009
    Oh really? Nice to see you again, then!

Anyway, I don't know if that will work for me or not because I've got a Canadian bank account. I know that debit cards in Canada mean an entirely different thin in the States, so I don't know how different anything else would be too. Maybe I should read up...
    Hm.. that's strange, now I'll have to look up what the difference is with debit cards.

To refresh your memory a bit, I'm the guy that was making the Space Quest movie with Lionhead's The Movies game. :P
  • edited June 2009
    Ahh, I think I remember you now.
    Armakuni wrote: »
    I'm laffer btw.. I believe we have spoken before as well elsewhere... it might horrify you to learn that as I guess you're annoyed with me by now after all my complaining :p

Lol that does explain a lot. Everywhere I go I see you posting "Keyboard controls. Sux. :(."
  • edited June 2009
    Haha, not only that, though. I'm actually very positive about these games. Controls are my only issue, everything else seems great.

Did you see the blog post I posted in the 'what's up with the complaints' thread here? That pretty sums up how I feel about the new MI games.
  • edited June 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Haha, not only that, though. I'm actually very positive about these games. Controls are my only issue, everything else seems great.
    I personally only had minimal trouble with the keyboard controls in W&G. Telltale hasn't said they'll bring back mouse controls, but they have said they're well aware of what we think of the keyboard controls and they're making improvements to them for TMI, so who knows.
  • edited June 2009
    Ordered the instant I heard about it, and am not too excited that I fear I won't be able to wait. I'm also awaiting the remake of the first game, and so hope that one will be quickly released.
  • edited June 2009
    Preordered everything!
  • edited June 2009
    I preordered on June 2. I graduated on May 30th, so this was an amazing surprise. Almost like a graduation present.

The only problem is that I'm not sure I can wait a month, let alone just a few days over a month. :eek: I've had to avoid every gameplay video and preview to avoid spoilers, but it's been tough.

To relieve my waiting, I'll be replaying the entire Monkey Island series, all month! YEAH! I plan to get Special Edition too.
  • edited June 2009
    pre-ordered on Wednesday, can't wait to get the DVD at the end.
  • edited June 2009
    I pre-ordered and would have pre-ordered SMI:SE if they had it up on their site. Has anyone heard when they plan to release SMI:SE?
  • edited June 2009
    When I first heard the news I thought it was coming out on June 7th. So I thought we had only a week to preorder for that deal! I was both disheartened and relieved to discover it was actually July 7th and I had to wait a whole month instead (giving me time to be able to transfer money into PayPal so I can preorder). Stupid non-instant transfers....
  • edited June 2009
    I pre-ordered and would have pre-ordered SMI:SE if they had it up on their site. Has anyone heard when they plan to release SMI:SE?
    Secret Of Monkey Island: Re-release has naught to do with Tell Tale - it is solely a Lucasarts release.
  • edited June 2009
    I have preordered Tales of Monkey Island. I'm not sure yet about the new Secret game. Depends on if there is a way to get a disc version of it. I hate digital downloads if they provide me no way to back-up my software for later. That's why I like TTG's system. I like knowing I can install Sam & Max 20 years from now and still play it even if TTG is out of business or no longer has a server confirming DRM for it.
  • edited June 2009
    I pre-ordered it and I plan on buying it on the Wii.
  • edited June 2009
    I've pre-ordered. Just can't resist the Monkey :D
  • TimTim
    edited June 2009
    When the news about both games hit, I was apparently sleeping, since it took me about a day to hear about it.

The day I heard about the news, I was at work as an intern for a serious game (not entertaining per-se, educational / health-care etc.) design company. And since being up-to-date about game-related trends & releases is really important, a lot of games come by each day to learn from. One of my colleagues was simply browsing the E3 announcements. I kinda peeked at his screen what he was doing, and to my disbelief I suddenly saw Guybrush's head staring right at me. I nearly dropped out of my chair.

I pre-ordered it right away when I got home that evening. Also planning on buying SoMI:SE for good ol' times. Even if both games fail to deliver (which I sincerely doubt), I can still look back at a grand day at work. There was some kind of ecstatic vibe all around. I guess lots of monkey island fans + news = grand atmosphere. YaY!
  • edited June 2009
    pre-ordered TMI.
    Lucasarts isn´t getting any of my money anymore though.
  • edited June 2009
    I have pre-ordered TMI as well. I just can't wait for some good old piratey fun!
  • edited June 2009
    harrou,there!
    'm new in the forum, hope to have fun!
    I've just read about tales of MI and was wondering how to buy it!
    Does someone know if international shipping is ok?
    I'm from Italy, I don't know if I can pre-order!
    Another thing is that i can't find in the store pge any instruction
    about payment...can paypal be used?
    hope someone'll answer the questions of a poor italian pirate who'd like
    to play MI once again!
    thanks, guys!
    jack
  • edited June 2009
    I'm going to pre-order the game today, hopefully.
  • edited June 2009
    Does someone know if international shipping is ok?
    First of all - the game will be released in the form of five monthly downloads starting next month.

And second - the DVD will be shipped to you some months after the last episode download was released, and shipping to Europe will probably be around 10 USD (i.e. around 7 EUR) like it was for the last few Telltale games.
    I'm from Italy, I don't know if I can pre-order!
    You're just south of Austria, so if I can pre-order I'm pretty sure you can, too... :)
    Another thing is that i can't find in the store pge any instruction
    about payment...can paypal be used?
    On the payment page of the checkout process there's two options, "credit card" and "PayPal" - I'm pretty sure the latter is what you're looking for. Just add the game to your cart, go to the check-out and keep filling out things until you get to that question. You can't really miss it...
    hope someone'll answer the questions of a poor italian pirate who'd like to play MI once again!
    thanks, guys!
    jack
    Hope this helps. :)

np: Styrofoam - A Thousand Words (A Thousand Words)
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks a lot Leak!!!
    I'm gonna order the game right now!
    Europe too loves MI!!!:)
  • edited June 2009
    I preordered just today!
  • edited June 2009
    Has anyone heard when they plan to release SMI:SE?

All they have said is Summer 2009. The official page for it is here.
  • edited June 2009
    I pre-ordered it just about as soon as I heard about it. There are certain game series that I would buy any new game in them without question as soon as possible and this is one of them.
  • edited June 2009
    Just to ask, for those who got DVDs of past TellTale releases how long has it taken in months exactly for the DVD to arrive.
  • edited June 2009
    About three weeks to Australia, if I recall correctly. I think it would probably be similar to the UK. I doubt it would be measurable in months, anyway.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm going to within the next couple of weeks.
  • edited June 2009
    I have preordered Tales of Monkey Island. I'm not sure yet about the new Secret game. Depends on if there is a way to get a disc version of it. I hate digital downloads if they provide me no way to back-up my software for later. That's why I like TTG's system. I like knowing I can install Sam & Max 20 years from now and still play it even if TTG is out of business or no longer has a server confirming DRM for it.

Think USB flash drives, they do not scratch! and yes you can if wanted to burn them on a dic. I have most of my games stored now on flash drives as they are pretty cheap and if is space is limted you can do minual installs not to mention storeing those save games in case of a hard drive crash...
  • edited June 2009
    I just realised I hadn't actually posted in this thread, only voted.

Hm.

Oh well!

I've preordered, and I would have preordered the day the preorder went live, but there were Paypal troubles, so instead I just preordered as soon as I could! I was excited about this from the screenshots and the news on AdventureGamers, but as soon as I saw the trailer I just knew I had to get it.

As for the remake.

Hmmmm...

To be blunt, it all comes down to being able to turn off the new graphics. Would I have bought it if that option wasn't there? No, definitely not. But what do I get due to the option being there? I get a voice acted version of Monkey Island, most likely with HD music/sound effects, but with the old graphics. This excites me, this is the kind of Special Edition I would have wanted.

And I really hope they do it with Lechuck's Revenge, but it's doubly important that they leave in the option to have the original graphics there.
  • edited June 2009
    It's still up in the air as to whether or not the speech and remastered soundtrack/sfx will be usable in classic mode. Should pester LA about it so they can add the feature if they haven't already. I can't imagine it being that hard to implement.
  • edited June 2009
    Hmm, I thought it would be.

I will pester them about it, then...

If that option's not there then I'm not going to bother, because the new art is... is... /shudder
  • edited June 2009
    In the initial interview video it showed the switch between classic and remastered mode and the music turned into the old CD music and the speech disappeared when switching the classic mode. On the other hand, the second video which shows interviews with the whole team did show it with the speech in both classic and remastered modes. That could be just the way the video was edited, but who knows.
  • edited June 2009
    In the initial interview video it showed the switch between classic and remastered mode and the music turned into the old CD music and the speech disappeared when switching the classic mode. On the other hand, the second video which shows interviews with the whole team did show it with the speech in both classic and remastered modes. That could be just the way the video was edited, but who knows.
    I'm too lazy to look for this because I already looked at a lot of videos for SOMI: SE.. where is the video of the classic SOMI with speech?
  • edited June 2009
    I preordered, and I will get somi:se.... I want to buy from Lucas... I want full throttle 2.
  • edited June 2009
    Hm.. that's strange, now I'll have to look up what the difference is with debit cards.

To refresh your memory a bit, I'm the guy that was making the Space Quest movie with Lionhead's The Movies game. :P

Here in the states a debit card takes money directly out from your checking account. It's pretty much exactly like using checks, only less paper and less writing. However since your not really signing how much money your about to spend on a peice of paper spending can get out of hand if your not careful.

It's easier to spend more if all your using is a piece of plastic.

Anyways I pre-ordered on the 2nd or 3rd.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.