Which Guybrush is your Guybrush?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I always picture him as in MI2, cause he's cooler but most of my childhood memories are based around that version. The CMI is also cool, so I guess now I always picture him like in MI2 (coat, beard, boots, etc) but in CMI cartoon style.
  • edited June 2009
    i'll always love MI2's guybrush... the scraggly beard, the costume. Him in a pink dress...

Hehe especially the pink dress. MI2 for me too
  • edited June 2009
    I'll answer this question with a question: Which Guybrush convinced me to grow a beard? :)
  • edited June 2009
    CMI for me, mostly because it was the first one I played. But then I liked the art style, the voice acting, and Guybrush's design in general. When I went back and played the other ones, MI1 was fine, but I didn't think MI2's beefier Guybrush quite fit his character.
  • I thought I'd add to the poll-pile...

This is about the character rather than the game, and the question is this; when you think of Guybrush, in style of art, the portrayal of his character, and the jokes that he makes, which one comes to mind first, which sticks in your head as the definitive version of the Guybrush character?

Don't just vote for your favourite game, as that's not what this is about, what this is to determine is which of the versions of Guybrush people generally remember as being the most iconic.

shit i went ahead and voted for my favourite game (CMI).... i would have gone for MI2
  • edited June 2009
    mk1 and mk2 are the only playable guybrushes.
  • edited June 2009
    CMI Guybrush just edges it, but MI2 Guybrush is awesome.
  • edited June 2009
    I picture Guybrush from 2 but the voice from 3. I loved the coat that fit everything.
  • edited June 2009
    I knew that Monkey Island four wasn't popular but seeing only 4 votes surprises me .
Sign in to comment in this discussion.