Minecraft: Story Mode announced from Telltale

I may or may not have accidentally messed up the thread by moving it too early. [Shifty glance]

Discuss the announcement here!

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I saw the old thread in the minecraft forum but it's gone now.

• edited December 2014

I was worried they were going to announce a really huge game that would eventually cause problems with the two games they're already working on like it already happened with TWAU and TWDS2 but Minecraft is pretty lightweight and Mojang providing them with assets that are already piss easy to make shouldn't really cause any trouble with Tales and GoT's development, so I'm happy with that.

But fuck Mojang and that idea stealer sellout that is Markus Persson

• I was wondering what happened xD. Anyways like I said I'm not really excited about this and probably won't buy it, I don't think I could sit through 2 hours of looking at weird pixels and I never was a minecraft fan really. Hopefully this won't interfere with a potential TWAU S2.

• Okay, I love Telltale, but really? This just sounds stupid. I've tried Minecraft, it was terrible, so I'm sorry Telltale, I'm not buying this.

• I'm not behind this yet. To say it polite.

• I'm pretty disappointed to be honest.

• ITT: Close-minded people.

• I thought it was a joke at first glance... but it soulds reel!

It will be the first Telltale game that i will not buy since i realy don't care about Minecraft.

I know Minecraft is a very very popular IP, but i don't see any thing that tell me "i would make a great story".
    There is so many Ip that would be great for TT writers to make great storys.

• I want to see how they add story to the game, I hope you don't play as steeve himself, also I bet your ass herobrine.

• edited December 2014

This will be like the other games made by Telltale?

Edit: Nevermind.

• It really doesn't make any sense if its real..... People say borderlands but thats still an interesting world even if the game is action. Minecraft is... fine if you want to build but there is no story; none.

• lol Telltale has to be trolling us I can't believe this

• Sadly, they aren't.
    Alt text

Journey95 posted: »

lol Telltale has to be trolling us I can't believe this

• Sorry, Telltale, this... this is just unacceptable.

Alt text

• worst news ever...
    I was expecting something awesome but Telltale disappointed me in ways that they never have done before
    lol Minecraft thats all I can say

• edited December 2014

It's probably pretty fucking hard to make a story based game about blocks running around.

• I am super psyched!

• From what I've seen of Minecraft there seems to be some hidden story in all the stuff that you can do (ex: after you kill the Ender dragon boss thing) or it could just be a fresh story with some random characters going on an adventure. Not sure what Telltale could do with it, but knowing their previous work it could have potential.

• Really Minecraft? I'm really hope it isn't true. This better be a troll,. All i am saying i'm sorry but without suger coating it, this is the one of the worst ideas i have heard in a long time. Why would you play a story game based on a game with ZERO STORY. Who made this decision, I want accountability! Is it April 1st, this has got to be a joke right. This is 100% srs George, no Giffing around.

Who is your target audience in this game. Who are you trying to market this to? Tell me. Do you think that Minecraft will suddenly become popular or something because Microsoft bought its license earlier this year. Is this why your doing this, i just want some reasoning to explain why you would make such a foolish decision. I think i said my peace, i really hope this is a joke/troll. If not, someone will be getting fired at TTG when this releases and sells 50 units maybe at launch.

• I'm sorry George, they are actually making it.

Alt text

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Really Minecraft? I'm really hope it isn't true. This better be a troll,. All i am saying i'm sorry but without suger coating it, this is th

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited December 2014

Flop incoming.

Alt text

I'm sorry George, they are actually making it.

• Not only that, prepare for the influx of children who play Minecraft coming to these forums.

Flop incoming.

• I'm concerned about the new user's that will be flooding in.

God I hate Minecraft's fanbase.

• Telltale I'm happy for you but I have no interest in this game.

• I'd rather have The Wolf Among Us Season 2 than Minecraft... ._.

• Dude, i used to get mad about video game too. I remember once i got so pissed off at Mass Effect 3 , i broke a controller by throwing it at a wall. I find this absolutely hilarious, someone in the marketing department made a decision based on numbers, they didn't ask gamers what they would think of it.

It is going to blow up in their face. What is the least popular TTG, whatever that is, this game is now it.

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited December 2014

I really hope they aren't that bad, and they don't delay TWAU which already has a dedicated fan base, for this abomination.

Exactly! So now pretty much theres no chance of a wolf among us season 2 for 2015. Probrably going to be starting Minecraft and Walking Dead Season 3 next year after they finish TFTB and GoT.

• Exactly! So now pretty much theres no chance of a wolf among us season 2 for 2015. Probrably going to be starting Minecraft and Walking Dead Season 3 next year after they finish TFTB and GoT.

• Okay, I was pleasantly surprised with how Tales of the Borderlands turned out. Granted, I was a huge skeptic, but at least it was a game with some style and story to work off of. This is...literally how can you make a telltale game out of this? I thought it was a joke because it seems so crazy.

• WHAT IN THE FUCKING GIANT FUCK?!

Minecraft and Telltale games?

I can't even..what-

• Your avatar says it all.

WHAT IN THE FUCKING GIANT FUCK?! Minecraft and Telltale games? I can't even..what-

• E3 Early Access Pics

• freaking 12 year olds are the target
    I also thought this was a joke hopefully it fails hard

Really Minecraft? I'm really hope it isn't true. This better be a troll,. All i am saying i'm sorry but without suger coating it, this is th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.