Remember when people lost their minds after Telltale announced they were making borderlands lol

people spent months trashing tales from borderlands before its release and here is one of the threads

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53365/not-excited

Now don't get me wrong Im not saying this game cant fail but after the surprising success of tales from the borderlands I am at least willing to give Telltale the benefit of the doubt

Comments

• It's seems like a tradition with most of forum members.

• But Borderlands has a story. Minecraft has absolutely no story to it and is merely a game where you build things. Not to mention the graphics are terrible, I'm not going to play a game with those graphics for 2 hours.

• Alt text

But Borderlands has a story. Minecraft has absolutely no story to it and is merely a game where you build things. Not to mention the graphics are terrible, I'm not going to play a game with those graphics for 2 hours.

• edited December 2014

This. Besides whats the story going to be? "Oh build this" how exciting.

But Borderlands has a story. Minecraft has absolutely no story to it and is merely a game where you build things. Not to mention the graphics are terrible, I'm not going to play a game with those graphics for 2 hours.

• I'm intrigued. But I believe in Telltale...

• I think this is awesome! PRE ORDER FTW :3

• Borderlands' hate was unjustified and fueled by raging people who would have rather seen another TWD game. This, however, is perfectly justified, seeing as to how Minecraft is a storyless sandbox game which never had the slightest intention of receiving a story from the game's own creators. Then all of a sudden Telltale comes around and feels the need to give it a story. Why? There was no need. If even the game's own creators couldn't be bothered to add a story, why does Telltale feel obliged to do it? Unbelievable.

• That's thrilling gameplay right there, how can it get better than that (end sarcasm).

• edited December 2014

does it really matter what the gameplay is

borderlands was about shooting and looting yet barley any of it was in tales from the borderlands

minecraft was about building things but we all know this game will most likely be focused on interacting with what ever characters telltale creates

• But you won't have to play Minecraft. Telltale will release another game next year to satisfy everyone.
    Look what I've found:

Alt text

Borderlands' hate was unjustified and fueled by raging people who would have rather seen another TWD game. This, however, is perfectly justi

• talk about blowing this announcement way out of proportion lol

Butt-head posted: »

But you won't have to play Minecraft. Telltale will release another game next year to satisfy everyone. Look what I've found:

• its not comparable at all
    I mean even with something like COD or Elders Scrolls or whatever I would have been satisfied
    but Minecraft? Seems like a sick joke

• To be honest TTG CoD game does't sound that bad, could work if you make it into some kind of a cold war spy drama/political thriller.

Journey95 posted: »

its not comparable at all I mean even with something like COD or Elders Scrolls or whatever I would have been satisfied but Minecraft? Seems like a sick joke

• agreed I would be sceptical like I was with Borderlands BUT it still would have potential
    unlike Minecraft..

To be honest TTG CoD game does't sound that bad, could work if you make it into some kind of a cold war spy drama/political thriller.

• PRESS Q TO PAY RESPECTS

HOLD E TO KEVIN SPACEY

To be honest TTG CoD game does't sound that bad, could work if you make it into some kind of a cold war spy drama/political thriller.

• it is comparable

since many people thought tales from the borderlands was a joke when it was announced lol

its not comparable at all I mean even with something like COD or Elders Scrolls or whatever I would have been satisfied but Minecraft? Seems like a sick joke

• graphics are terrible

Pretty damn sure they intended it to be pixelated :p

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited December 2014

They don't feel obliged, they want to experiment and gain experience, appeal to all types of people.

Give it a chance, it's normal to hate on something as it's being announced just because it doesn't appeal to you and has the image of a "kids game", but I think they can make something pretty good out of it.

Borderlands' hate was unjustified and fueled by raging people who would have rather seen another TWD game. This, however, is perfectly justi

• But you won't have to play Minecraft. Telltale will release another game next year to satisfy everyone. Look what I've found

Thats unfair teletubbies at least has a story

Butt-head posted: »

But you won't have to play Minecraft. Telltale will release another game next year to satisfy everyone. Look what I've found:

• It has? Wow, I never realized. xD

But you won't have to play Minecraft. Telltale will release another game next year to satisfy everyone. Look what I've found Thats unfair teletubbies at least has a story

• Well, if they try to appeal to all people, I expect an anime game next. If they do that, I will even forgive them for this minecraft abomination. Bonuspoints if they actually manage to choose a good universe.

AWESOMEO posted: »

They don't feel obliged, they want to experiment and gain experience, appeal to all types of people. Give it a chance, it's normal to hat

• Well they talked, sang and made toast, thats more interaction than mine craft

It has? Wow, I never realized. xD

• True enough.

Well they talked, sang and made toast, thats more interaction than mine craft

• Just because some of us don't like it doesn't mean they have to make up to us though...

I hope they make an anime game, but idk how that would go... SnK game

Well, if they try to appeal to all people, I expect an anime game next. If they do that, I will even forgive them for this minecraft abomination. Bonuspoints if they actually manage to choose a good universe.

• honestly speaking, I have seen enough of SNK already. It will get a movie, a counter strike crossover, a marvel crossover...I think it's enough...

Just because some of us don't like it doesn't mean they have to make up to us though... I hope they make an anime game, but idk how that would go... SnK game

• a counter strike crossover

wtf?! REALLY?????

honestly speaking, I have seen enough of SNK already. It will get a movie, a counter strike crossover, a marvel crossover...I think it's enough...

• Talked, sang and played with vacuum cleaner.

Alt text

Well they talked, sang and made toast, thats more interaction than mine craft

• edited December 2014

The difference is though that Borderlands is good, Minecraft is shit and the community consist of raging 12 year olds. This game will just be a cash grab.

• edited December 2014

"The difference is though that Borderlands is good"

If you had said that around the time tales from the borderlands was first announced people would have down voted and attacked you

many on here saw Borderlands as trash and a cash grab that telltale was wasting their time on lol

Netaro posted: »

The difference is though that Borderlands is good, Minecraft is shit and the community consist of raging 12 year olds. This game will just be a cash grab.

• Plus the person clearly has enough information to call it crap, as we know pretty much nothing about the game.

And did the person ever consider the fact that it's possible that Telltale make games they want to make? Though sure, there is a financial incentive.

Considering how much it gets thrown around, you may as well call everything a cash grab as products are made for enjoyment and financial reasons.

TommyW posted: »

"The difference is though that Borderlands is good" If you had said that around the time tales from the borderlands was first announced p

• yeah some were sceptical but the reactions aren't even comparable
    Borderlands while funny is still a game for adults not freaking kids like Minecraft
    Telltale really dropped the ball on this one

TommyW posted: »

it is comparable since many people thought tales from the borderlands was a joke when it was announced lol

• It's TellTale, I love it already :3

• First off, Minecraft is not just for kids. They seem to be its dominant demographic these days, but back when it first came out, it was just adults playing it. Secondly, Telltale has a history of making family friendly games. Look at Strong Bad, Monkey Island, Wallace & Grommit. I trust that Minecraft: Story Mode will appeal to everyone, not just kids.

yeah some were sceptical but the reactions aren't even comparable Borderlands while funny is still a game for adults not freaking kids like Minecraft Telltale really dropped the ball on this one

• edited December 2014

They are but I would be willing to bet if he had a better budget making the game they wouldn't.

graphics are terrible Pretty damn sure they intended it to be pixelated

• PRESS X TO DOG oh wait that was last game

PRESS F TO BLOW UP BULGARIA

• I remember how I felt. This is what I am feeling right now, just stronger and yet willing to give Telltale the benefit of the doubt considering how good Tales turned out to be.

• PRESS F TO BLOW UP BULGARIA

Baldex posted: »

PRESS Q TO PAY RESPECTS HOLD E TO KEVIN SPACEY

• The difference between Borderlands and this is that Borderlands has an interesting world, and a huge focus on humor in the storytelling that it has. TTG is great with humor. This, however, is literally like 4 plot points in the entire boring world.

• I'll give Telltale the benefit of the doubt to really intrigue me on this one, but the game isn't what I'm only disappointed in.

Just wait.

Just wait for all the younger fans of Minecraft to start piling in on here. Watch them bombard us with their "omgz minecraftzlelel" and their "ur opinion iz rong lel ur stupid".

There's going to be a swarm of little kids on these forums and all hell will break loose. They're going to reel in the worst fanbase I have ever seen up to par, and bring them here.

Not to mention old forums members (us) losing our shit over it and not being able to take it, which might get us banned if we say something wrong.

Don't disappoint me on this, Telltale (I've actually never said that before). That game better be freaking amazing if you're going to bring in their fanbase like children to iPad's and iPhone's.

• Don't give me that "oh remember when people were bitching about [...]" shit.

This is totally different.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.