My Thoughts on This Situation

edited December 2014 in Minecraft: Story Mode

I was ecstatic today when I learned one of my favorite developers, Telltale, was creating a game based on a game that, while I may not play too much anymore, held a special place in my heart. I hopped on the forums expecting to see people chatting about what it would be about and how they were excited for this game, but all I say was a lot of hate and anger. I saw a lot of people being overly negative without even giving the game the slightest chance, which confused me. Other games that people weren't sure about, like Tales From the Borderlands, turned out to be really good, so I don't understand why everyone automatically assumes that this game while be bad. At least give it a chance before we get angry at it for not being good.
Another thing I was upset about were the people hating on Minecraft in general. While I like Minecraft, I agree that it is overrated. However, I'm not sure why people are acting like it is pure trash. This is a game where it plops you done in a world and tells you that you can do whatever you want. This game allows people's creativity to help them create whatever they so want. A house? Sure. A statue? Sure. A model of the Death Star? You bet. I really can't see what would cause someone to outright hate it. I can understand it being not your thing, but what is there to truly hate?
It makes me sad that the game, that not only introduced me to pc gaming, but introduced me to more gaming in general, is getting hated on by a community that I love and used to spend a large amount of time on.
All I am asking you guys is to at least give the game a chance before you insult it.

Comments

• Thanks Raging :)

Hey it's Spooch! Take my like buddy.

• I don't know you but hello there.

• Hello :)

I don't know you but hello there.

• Hey it's Spooch! :D Take my like buddy.

• I may not like this game but i'm glad it did bring members back, nice to meet you and hope we have great times together!

Spooch posted: »

Hello

• Wasn't he known as melon once upon a time?

Hey it's Spooch! Take my like buddy.

• Yeah, his avatar used to be a character from a game called façade and if you said melon, the guy would instantly boot you from his home.

Really? I don't know him that well but he was cool. I think I do remember something about a melon? lol

• Nice to meet you too.

I may not like this game but i'm glad it did bring members back, nice to meet you and hope we have great times together!

• Really? I don't know him that well but he was cool. I think I do remember something about a melon? lol

dojo32161 posted: »

Wasn't he known as melon once upon a time?

• Yeah, I used to have a picture of Trip from Facade. In the game he flips out if you say the word "melon", so that's where it came from.

Wasn't he known as melon once upon a time?

• Yeah, his avatar used to be a character from a game called façade and if you said melon, the guy would instantly boot you from his home.

Really? I don't know him that well but he was cool. I think I do remember something about a melon? lol

• Oh that game...it was amusing.

Yeah, his avatar used to be a character from a game called façade and if you said melon, the guy would instantly boot you from his home.

• I don't really like Minecraft, and I don't Telltale to develop this game. I'd rather have them develop a different IP.

• edited December 2014

I like minecraft,I played it in three platform,but I don't like this idea....the "story mode"....story is unnecessary in minecraft :-(

• I totally agree. The amount of options telltale has is limitless with Minecraft.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.