Why are/aren't you going to buy this? (POLL)

I know that there are a lot of threads about this, but I want us to actually have a poll. Let's hear what you guys have to say about this upcoming, uh, "unique" game.

http://strawpoll.me/3218040

Justify your reasoning in the comments.

Comments

• Not interested in this at all. I really don't see the appeal of minecraft. I'd rather they focus on making TWAU S2.

• Minecraft doesn't appeal to me, so I'll probably wait for the trailer or in-game screenshots before deciding.

• I strongly dislike Minecraft, I'm not buying it.

• Same here. I think Minecraft is nothing but a boring cash grab.

I strongly dislike Minecraft, I'm not buying it.

• Nah bruh

• Could be fun and that's the point to gaming. I'll definitely check it out when the time comes.

• edited March 2015

Had you asked me this back when it was announced, my answer would have been hell no. I have a strong hatred for Minecraft, I think it's overrated and it's fanbase is nuts to say the least. However, it is a Telltale game, and none of their games (that I have played) have ever disappointed me. If Telltale can get me to love Game of Thrones, they may be able to get me to love Minecraft (or at least their version). But until I hear more news, I'll remain undecided and will most likely wwait until I see some reviews.

• i'm...cautiously excited. it may suck, it is kind of a weird series to do a cinematic game about, but i trust telltale enough that i'm not too too worried.

i will wait and see what other people say about it first though.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Hell yeah, I'm excited for this, as well I trust Telltale to do a great job.

• I'm not even sure yet. I can see a very good game coming out of this if it's done the right way, but we haven't seen any gameplay footage, screenshots or any other details since it was announced.

• I'm not sure about this yet but I will avoid any hating until we get some actual news. If this turns out to be interesting I will buy it the day it launches, but if it doesn't than I will not buy/play it and wish Telltale had made some/focus on other games.

• Not got any interest in the game, and even if it turned out to be really good (like TWD good, which isn't going to happen is it) I probably wouldn't buy it. Like the majority of people, I want TT to focus on other games like Borderlands (the reason the second episode is taking so long is because of this goddamn MC series) and TWD. And, though it's probably by least favourite TT game, I'm sure many TWAU fans would prefer to see TT making a Season 2 or a DLC rather than veering off in a completely different direction

• Well said.

Not interested in this at all. I really don't see the appeal of minecraft. I'd rather they focus on making TWAU S2.

• I like Minecraft as a game in itself. As a TTG game hell no whats the point? Sick of Spin-offs that aren't worth the time.

• I will still keep an open mind... but Minecraft? Out all the games you could have picked.. :c but who knows maybe it'll be good?

• Because minecraft is addictive.

• Not the biggest Minecraft fan, but I'll give it a shot.

• I'm buying it because of Telltale.

• I dunno. I'll just see what people think of it and decide from there. Never cared for Minecraft.

• Game play:collected wood,end of episode one

• I cant wait for this to come out, its going to be great playing a fun telltale again theyve all been so damned miserable lately, when I used to think of telltale id think of comedy but lately ive been thinking of monotony. Im sick of long ass dialogue sequences that are so unvaried they cant even be considered trees.

If there are no puzzles in minecraft I may never buy another telltale again. I cant call the last few titles ive played games because there is no playing, so I guess I could say the last few titles ive watched.

• First of all, there not "miserable" they just have a more mature/darker theme to them. There's nothing wrong with that. And yes, Telltale's recent games are actually games. Just because they don't have puzzles in them doesn't mean they don't.

I cant wait for this to come out, its going to be great playing a fun telltale again theyve all been so damned miserable lately, when I used

• Woooooo! Dont get your knickers in a twist.

The stories are dark and bleak, I like bleak just not all the time.

There is so little gameplay its practically nonexistent. Is choosing what channel to watch ie press 1 for channel 1 a game? is walking up a ccorridor with nothing to do except move from point a to point b gameplay? Is not saying anything for ten minutes gameplay because silence is an option? The qte's are the only real gameplay or the couple of occasions you can shoot or whatever. there are a couple of choices that dont realy effect outcome of the game the rest is just watching and waiting for a chance to control. I cant feel any sense of accomplishment on completion because its not challenging I dont think a game can be called a game unless its at least a little challenging

First of all, there not "miserable" they just have a more mature/darker theme to them. There's nothing wrong with that. And yes, Telltale's recent games are actually games. Just because they don't have puzzles in them doesn't mean they don't.

• I am not a fan of minecraft, and the this news won't win me over. I will keep to the games that interest me. I am one of the people waiting for episode 2 of tales of the boraderlands. A coment made by Job on twitter comment that making of Minecraft took not time at all since not much work goes into blocks compair their userally style. Sadly it seems less time is going to be a factor, this a long with news of them pairing up with Liongate to make TV show/video game - don't know how they will pull that off, this tv show thing and minecraft will take up a lot of time. clearly that is how tell-tale wants to go, the other games are based on series with limets so it is showing that the other series might not conturen

I am more then happy to wait 2 or 1 mouth for a episode but it seems that tell-tale want creative freedom. if the episodes are going to continue to have a long waiting gap or discontuine i will stop buying them.

• They're point and click interactive games. You get what they give you, and one of Telltale's mottos are "where story is the gameplay." Not calling them games just because they aren't challenging is a bit dumb IMO

Woooooo! Dont get your knickers in a twist. The stories are dark and bleak, I like bleak just not all the time. There is so little gam

• Go's to show what you know about point and clicks

They're point and click interactive games. You get what they give you, and one of Telltale's mottos are "where story is the gameplay." Not calling them games just because they aren't challenging is a bit dumb IMO

• Goes to show what you know about making a good argument. Saying that it's not a game because it isnt "challenging" just goes to show you don't what the basic definition of a game is either.

Go's to show what you know about point and clicks

• I never intended on having a argument. I just stated my opinion. I first started playing telltale because of sam and max that is a point and click game that is what drew me to telltale in the first place. I thought telltale were going to take part more in the revival of classic style point and clicks but instead there going more in the direction of interactive dramas. Im dissappointed because I know they are capable of fantastic puzzles, I mean literally they are so imaginative.

Goes to show what you know about making a good argument. Saying that it's not a game because it isnt "challenging" just goes to show you don't what the basic definition of a game is either.

• Only going to buy it cause it's a Telltale game. Other than that I wouldn't touch it.

• If it wasn't made by Telltale.

Alt text

Since it's being made by Telltale.

Alt text

• no man it is not you dont have imagination

Same here. I think Minecraft is nothing but a boring cash grab.

• I'm not buying it because i am an adult.

• That doesn't make sense, considering adults play Minecraft.

I'm not buying it because i am an adult.

• This has been a joke, brought to you by my being an asshole.

That doesn't make sense, considering adults play Minecraft.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Different strokes for different folks Mario. Not everyone will like something you love.

marioace40 posted: »

no man it is not you dont have imagination

• I'm gonna buy it cause it's TellTaleGames, apart from Naughty Dog, it's the only company that's never disappointed me.

• I don't really get it and I wish they'd focus on other things, so no.

• I'm going to buy this, because I trust Telltale to fulfill the potential this has.

• [removed]

AWESOMEO posted: »

I'm going to buy this, because I trust Telltale to fulfill the potential this has.

• People are giving telltale too much shit for this, almost every game they made was hated on until it came out, I'm just giving it a chance.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.