Why are/aren't you going to buy this? (POLL)

2»

Comments

• so am i give you a warning... is just... well after you will play this game please tell me your option.

AWESOMEO posted: »

People are giving telltale too much shit for this, almost every game they made was hated on until it came out, I'm just giving it a chance.

• Sure thing.

ualexen92 posted: »

so am i give you a warning... is just... well after you will play this game please tell me your option.

• edited March 2015

So according to your poll, 76% of users aren't clamoring for this game. 76%!! Telltale is obviously not trying to appeal to its current customer base with this game. We'll see what kind of demand outside its typical customer base this game will conjure up.

• TBH, I don't even know if a whole lot of Minecrafters will play this. I'm sure some of them will pick it up as soon as they see the word "Minecraft" on it, but if some of them prefer Minecraft as a game itself instead of converting it to a "Story Mode", I'm sure they won't pick it up.

Agandler posted: »

So according to your poll, 76% of users aren't clamoring for this game. 76%!! Telltale is obviously not trying to appeal to its current cust

• I dunno, I think they will. A lot of people used to (or still do, not sure as of right now) play these things in Minecraft where you would download a world, and people would make stories for people to play through and those seemed really, REALLY popular. So I expect that this will do very well :P

TBH, I don't even know if a whole lot of Minecrafters will play this. I'm sure some of them will pick it up as soon as they see the word "Mi

• I haven't tried any of their classic games. I hear great things about Sam & Max but I never get around to playing them as procrastination very often gets the best of me. P.s try not get too into it some people drag things out to start something

I never intended on having a argument. I just stated my opinion. I first started playing telltale because of sam and max that is a point and

• They are pretty miserable.

First of all, there not "miserable" they just have a more mature/darker theme to them. There's nothing wrong with that. And yes, Telltale's recent games are actually games. Just because they don't have puzzles in them doesn't mean they don't.

• No . I believe it is a waste of money and time . They should focus on The wolf among us season 2 & TWD season 3. Instead of virtual legos story edition.

• If I wanted Minecraft with a story, I'd play a custom map.

• I buy almost everything TTG. If Poker Night 2 was good, this will be good too.

I haven't got anything before BTTF, though. And i've only played one episode of that.

• No. I mean I probably would play it since it's made by Telltale but I have no money so yes isn't really an option.

• Yeah, and TWD S3

Not interested in this at all. I really don't see the appeal of minecraft. I'd rather they focus on making TWAU S2.

• It's too freaking soon to be asking these type of questions when the only thing we know is that a Minecraft game is being created by Telltale.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

• edited March 2015

[removed]

• Because I hate Minecraft. I played Minecraft with my friends for about 10 minutes and had to quit because it was god awful. I can't believe I wasted my money on the full game.

• 76% of users aren't clamoring for this game. 76%!! Telltale is obviously not trying to appeal to its current customer base with this game.

If Telltale always followed that logic, we never would've gotten games like Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, etc, as Telltale used to make family-friendly, comedy puzzle games. True ambition only lies outside of the comfort zone.

Agandler posted: »

So according to your poll, 76% of users aren't clamoring for this game. 76%!! Telltale is obviously not trying to appeal to its current cust

• Alt text

Call it a hunch, but I think you weren't around before the days of Walking Dead and choice making. ;)

• Dude, what are you going on about? Sam and Max was the shit. I just made the poll, I don't agree with every result.

Call it a hunch, but I think you weren't around before the days of Walking Dead and choice making.

• Fair enough, it's hard to tell these days. :p

Piggs posted: »

Dude, what are you going on about? Sam and Max was the shit. I just made the poll, I don't agree with every result.

• ...Just like you'd read a Walking Dead comic instead of playing a story based game whenever you wanted an emotional Zombie story, right?

lukefsje posted: »

If I wanted Minecraft with a story, I'd play a custom map.

• My thoughts exactly. I want more Bigby!

Not interested in this at all. I really don't see the appeal of minecraft. I'd rather they focus on making TWAU S2.

• Different strokes for different folks Mario. Not everyone will like something you love.

I don't think the Yes is even half. Its like maybe ten percent out of six hundred votes. In my mind, i would think that would be a good statistical data of how people feel about this.

dojo32161 posted: »

Different strokes for different folks Mario. Not everyone will like something you love.

• edited May 2015

Once it comes out I'll probably check up on in-game screenshots or some gameplay videos before buying it myself.
    Personally, I don't think Minecraft needs a "Story Mode". But I am interested in seeing how they create it, though.

• edited May 2015

130 votes for other games....I'm proud. I really want TellTale continue/create story instead of MineCraft, I just hate the graphics it's too blocky and the original game has no goals, all you have to do is to create a house and survive for no reason.

• I'm psyched for this but... did you consider that this may be an attempt to reign in other future telltale fans (that may not be on the forums currently)?

• Yes.

Sherio88 posted: »

I'm psyched for this but... did you consider that this may be an attempt to reign in other future telltale fans (that may not be on the forums currently)?

• Alt text

I played only 1h of this game and I quit because I was tired to see squares everywhere!

• That's a pretty bad reason, actually.

JMOREL posted: »

I played only 1h of this game and I quit because I was tired to see squares everywhere!

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited May 2015

I have to say that all games I bought from TT were good and none of them failed me...but his one I'm really not sure about. While surely it will draw a lot of people since minecraft is massive ( I dearly hope so, more cash for TT to make awesome games) I doubt that I'll buy it at the realse, mot likely after it's done and when there's some discount.
    I would love to see a TT making a game in WItcher universe. It's dark and heavy climate would really fit them.

• Yup Not Interested in Minecraft Never like Minecraft I want TWAU S2 too including TWD S3 also

• Unless there is overwhelming amounts of praise for it when it comes out, I'm gonna pass.

• That's not a very good strategy imo. There are games that get a lot of praise that you may not personally enjoy, and vice versa . I'd recommend just watching a playthrough or something when Ep1 launches and making your mind up from there.

Senrain posted: »

Unless there is overwhelming amounts of praise for it when it comes out, I'm gonna pass.

• When I first heard of this game immediately I was thinking "Oh, come on, Telltale. Out of all the franchises you could have touched - Star Wars, Star Trek, Fallout, Halo, Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, DC and etc -. MINECRAFT is the one you choose?"

• Because Minecraft is a bad game.

• I won't buy it straight away, but I am interested. I play Minecraft occasionally, and it'll be interesting to what TT can do with it.

• It's such a weird premise and very un-Telltale-like, but I'm interested. But I always wait to watch the first episode of a letsplay or read some reviews before purchasing any game. I literally have no idea how they'll pull this off. Maybe they'll surprise us.

• edited May 2015

I'll probably get it for my grandson. He really likes to play Mine Craft(He's already played TWD 1&2 and the TWAU and will probably want to play the TGOT that I just bought :)

• Pick ALL of the "No"-answers!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.