Here's an idea, how about giving it a chance?

Comments

• I just find it funny how people judge the Minecraft community so quickly, as if age has anything to do with what kind of person someone is. I was 13 when I joined this forum. I also played Minecraft (no hate pls). Trolls come with each franchise Telltale releases, but I'm 100% sure that this game will bring in some more people who will be very likable and friendly.

• You realize you aren't the original fanbase, right?

CrazyGeorge posted: »

f you don't like Minecraft, that's fine, good for you, but you shouldn't be complaining because Minecraft fans want to discuss a game they a

• Some people got annoyed about TFTBL and GoT taking away from Season 2 and TWAU. Telltale isn't stupid, they wont have 3 ongoing series at once. I don't think you should count this game out just because it's Minecraft, though. Giving TTG the benefit of the doubt is your best option, though, because no matter what the game is coming, and we have to deal with it.

I'll try this game, because I'm always for the benefit of the doubt, especially with Telltale. They have not failed to always pull me back i

• I just love how a good chunk of TTG's current fanbase are acting like a bunch of babies right now. I respect the people who are willing to give the game a chance and are welcoming new members into the fanbase, not crying entitled babies who claim that TTG have turned their backs on them and that Minecraft is a game for babies while they outright ignore facts and opinions of others.

In short, a good chunk of these people claiming that Minecraft is a baby game and will only bring in babies into the community are acting like a bunch of entitled babies themselves.

I was here since 2011, and I've been playing TTG games since about 2009. 2010 and when TWD was coming out, we weren't all complaining that TWD members were going to take over or bs like that. We welcomed them and while we had some immature members, we had a lot of great members join as well. It honestly disgusts me a little now that one year later, some of those TWD fans are now acting like they are the only ones who are allowed into this forum.

I just find it funny how people judge the Minecraft community so quickly, as if age has anything to do with what kind of person someone is.

• It's different to see it from this perspective, isn't it?

J-Master posted: »

Wow, can't believe I was acting like you a couple of days ago.

• I know, it irritates me. The stereotypical Minecraft player is some bratty kid who swears and complains a lot, but so many of the people on this forum are already acting like that. It's ridiculous how hypocritical some can be. What bothers me the most is how the TWD audience act like they're the only people Telltale should care about. I'm looking forward to another audience being added to the Telltale community. It will be a nice change, since all of their recent franchises have only catered to mature audiences.

I just love how a good chunk of TTG's current fanbase are acting like a bunch of babies right now. I respect the people who are willing to g

• Exactly, especially when there was a entire community that used to be here up until Sept 2013 who was here long before the TWD community and yet most of them act like they are the only community around and they are the original community.

I know, it irritates me. The stereotypical Minecraft player is some bratty kid who swears and complains a lot, but so many of the people on

• edited December 2014

I've been here for quite some time. Since 2010 according to my profile. I don't know if I'd started playing their games before that and I think I might have, as the reason I created an account was to get the 1st episode of Back to the Future free. I would have used a different name, probably, if I was planning to stay.

But coming to why I'm posting, I wasn't really active until TWD S2 on the forum I believe. According to old members, even TWD had complaints from people saying that Telltale were selling out, amongst other things. I did definitely see a petition from those days. A petition asking Telltale to not make it when it's turned out to be their most successful game to date.

Basically, I imagine people are doing the same now as what they did then and for other games. Only it's perhaps/probably worse now. The worst thing is . . . this series may turn out good, I expect people will try it, and no apology will come from the complainers. Then, when a new series gets announced, the cycle can begin anew.

It is all so very stupid. (And, as an aside, I know not everyone hates it on this forum, though you could be forgiven for thinking so, but is it only me who sees the amusing side to wanting TTG to make TWD S3? When apparently TWD S2 was absolute garbage, depending on who's asked, like it's a fact.)

Exactly, especially when there was a entire community that used to be here up until Sept 2013 who was here long before the TWD community and yet most of them act like they are the only community around and they are the original community.

• [removed]

Cope49 posted: »

I would't dare play that crap. Why ? Because it's freaking boring ..... To watch the little block man care for his little block sheep .While

• Original fanbase HA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

f you don't like Minecraft, that's fine, good for you, but you shouldn't be complaining because Minecraft fans want to discuss a game they a

• edited December 2014

That moment when Walking Dead era fans think they're the original fanbase.

• Unfortunately, not everyone thinks like that.

I share most of the forum members skepticism, but I try to look at the possibilities instead of focusing on the bad. Since the game is coming anyway, why not focus on thinking positive and open-minded?

• Original fan, huh? Tell me, how devastated were you when Freelance Police was cancelled? How elated were you when you found out the devs were leaving LucasArts to found their own company dedicated to making adventure games? Remember the way Dank the Caveman's eyes would follow the cursor around on the old site? Man, everyone was sure he was going to be the protagonist of Telltale's first game. What did you make of Telltale Texas Hold'em when it was announced as their first project? How did you like the Bone games? Still holding out for the third one? Did you crap your pants when Telltale and Gametap finally announced the new Sam and Max?

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2014

I have to agree with thesporkman here. Accounts registered in 2014 complaining about how Telltale is illoyal to "the original fan base", that is about as absurd as this whole protest is going to get.

And I repeat: The influx of youngest players as of yet happened with TWD Seasons 1 and especially Season 2 while the perceived 'kid's games' of old had a fan base firmly in the 25 to 45 year range. With the Walking Dead Telltale has, quite without wanting to do that, created their first actual 'kid's game'.

• I'm going to give it a chance. But I personally don't think it's gonna be very good. It would take a miracle to surprise me or anyone else on this forum.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2014

@thesporkman wrote:
    Remember the way Dank the Caveman's eyes would follow the cursor around on the old site? Man, everyone was sure he was going to be the protagonist of Telltale's first game.

Oh, wow. Nostalgia. I remembered all of the rest like it was yesterday, but forgot about that one. Yep, people were thinking there'd be a Dank adventure, and a Dudebrough one. I'd still love a Dank game (or even just a continuation of the webcomic). We did get a Grickle puzzler though, with Puzzle Agent, so my wish for a Graham Annable game was sated a little there. :)

I'd still love to see a Theodore Dudebrough adventure though. He was surprisingly fleshed out for a one time character. Telltale should at least bring him back in a game at some point like they did with Boris/Leonard in Sam & Max. :D

thesporkman posted: »

Original fan, huh? Tell me, how devastated were you when Freelance Police was cancelled? How elated were you when you found out the devs wer

• What's next ROBLOXS, Pokemon,or Loony toons?

that does not sound like a bad idea actually.

Look at this shit... This is clearly meant to be a PS1's children's game... And it will slow down everything that TTGs is making right

• i was unintrested in the borderlands game but then i saw some of it and it peak my interest. this however meh i'm not gonna hate on it like everyone else i'm just not interested.

• this forum has pretty much became bioware's forum. full of entitled brats who want only what they want and nothing else. would i like telltale to go back to traditional adventure games? sure but i enjoy the twd styles games as well so why can't we have both? And no one is forcing you to play the minecraft game i and from the title it seems it;s going to be included in the original game and not it's own thing.

Rob_K posted: »

I've been here for quite some time. Since 2010 according to my profile. I don't know if I'd started playing their games before that and I th

• @megamike15 wrote:
    And no one is forcing you to play the minecraft game and from the title it seems it's going to be included in the original game and not it's own thing.

The title is definitely confusing. It's actually going to be a regular Telltale season, and will be a standalone product that won't require the original Minecraft.

But your first point definitely still stands. ;)

megamike15 posted: »

this forum has pretty much became bioware's forum. full of entitled brats who want only what they want and nothing else. would i like tellta

• edited December 2014

Hopefully you were agreeing with me and not thinking I'm one of the complainers. :) (It's just the 'you' that's throwing me a bit, but I guess you mean that in general.) If money allows, I'm definitely interested in giving the series a try, as I am with pretty much anything they put out.

Anyway, like I've said, this place is no better or worse than anywhere else. So yeah, you could say it's become Bioware's forum.

this forum has pretty much became bioware's forum. full of entitled brats who want only what they want and nothing else. would i like tellta

• I have to agree with thesporkman here. Accounts registered in 2014 complaining about how Telltale is illoyal to "the original fan base", that is about as absurd as this whole protest is going to get.

I got an account last month, and I loved Jurassic Park: The Game when it came out. Account registration isn't a good medium to judge a person's time spent liking TellTale Games.

Vainamoinen posted: »

I have to agree with thesporkman here. Accounts registered in 2014 complaining about how Telltale is illoyal to "the original fan base", tha

• i mean in general.

Hopefully you were agreeing with me and not thinking I'm one of the complainers. (It's just the 'you' that's throwing me a bit, but I guess

• Im going to play it becuase I like TTG and i like minecraft and i like a lot of other things. But saying that this game is for kids... Kinda kinda not they want a game all ages can enjoy most likely. so look at it this way, It might be like the lego movie.

• Thought so. Just wanted to be sure.

i mean in general.

• I was ready to throw my money as it the minute I found out it was being made, but the flash video said I couldn't.

• It's not definite that we won't be playing as a Mob.

....I have literally nothing to say to this. How...Why...Do they expect to play as a Mob...

• How does watching someone play a game equate to the same experience you would get if you played it yourself? I was like you before I gave it a chance and I found that I was missing out on allot more than I thought.

Unique ? Maybe if the year was 1995... And I've see others play it (I'm not missing out on anything). The game is a joke. I wouldn't take that game if it came free with any purchase.

• I personally like older graphics like the pixelated ones more than the more realistic less cartoony new video game graphics.

Because everything is about graphics. And because you will definitely only be watching a character mine blocks.

• edited December 2014

That's true, I've gone on many forums over the years but I'm only now starting to make accounts on forums and message boards I've always wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on.

I have to agree with thesporkman here. Accounts registered in 2014 complaining about how Telltale is illoyal to "the original fan base", tha

• If anyone can do it the TTGs team can make it work.

• I WANT CIRCUS CHARLIE : STORY MODE

Alt text

• OMG THE MEMORIES!!! I remember playing this along with Mario on my DVD player :3

Mich19 posted: »

I WANT CIRCUS CHARLIE : STORY MODE

• Alt text

Mean while on the minecraft forums.. * Maybe there will be something where you play as a mob. For example, you could be an enderma

• I think the reason for that is because TWD was one of Telltale's most successful games of all time. It got over 80 GOTY awards from what I remember, so nobody really stopped to think that Telltale might have had a fanbase before Walking Dead.

That moment when Walking Dead era fans think they're the original fanbase.

• This is an interesting focus though, as MineCraft has little story.

• I've been saying this since the beginning. I am actually pretty interested in this project and honestly can't wait to see what this game will be like. Not many game projects have really caught my interest recently.

• This game might actually be worth getting in my opinion. Any release date?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.