Who should play the characters in a movie? And Why?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »

I actually have got to say she could work. But idk, I've always seen her as the way she is in CMI.

And I would hope Murray's voice comes from the same guy as in the games.
    I mean, there's no way the actual actor will be in the scene... he's a skull...
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah the thing about Dina Meyer is that she is getting a little too old to be Elaine.... But she still looks mighty foxy.
  • edited June 2009
    foxy is pretty much what you want for the role...
    hmmm for some reason I remember thinking Rachel Weisz as she was in the first mummy movie was a good idea... not so sure anymore
  • edited June 2009
    i made some sort of all-time cast list, with some legendary actors, and i couldn't quite think of match-ups for all of the characters

mi1g.jpg Guybrush Threepwood - Alex Winter (resembles most with Escape Guybrush version)

mi2z.jpg Elaine Marley - Juliane Moore

m11h.jpg Mancomb Seepgood - Walter Huston

m13m.jpg Largo LaGrande - Tim Roth

mi3n.jpg Captain LeChuck - Oliver Reed

18031578.jpg Griswold Goodsoup -Frank Langella

30381320.jpg Captain Smirk - Lee Marvin

80462851.jpg Mr. Fossey - Rowan Atkinson

11624377.jpg Bob - Richard Pryor

80414495.jpg Mad Marty - Steve Martin

m10j.jpg Marco de Pollo - Antonio Banderas

m14d.jpg Carla - Angela Bassett

mi4x.jpg Hotel Reteptionist - Gérard Depardieu

m12g.jpg Pegnose Pete - Phil Collins

m15j.jpg Captain Kate Capsize - Nicole Kidman

Remember that movie roles aren't just about lookalikes, which can be covered with makeup, but also personality.

Phil Collins as Pegnose Pete? really?
  • edited June 2009
    Assuming a movie would set at around the period of the first game or, at least, before the imaginary "monkey island 5" Guybrush and Elaine should be played by young unknown actors because I've always envisioned Guybrush to be a teenager. (This is probably because my first MI game was Escape).

The only actor who I can think of who might pull off 'Guybrush' accurately is Zach Braff... But I think he's way to old to fill the role.
  • edited June 2009
    Charlie Sheen as Guybrush and Valeria Golino as Elaine. Can't believe nobody's thought of them yet.
  • edited June 2009
    I'd prefer this over CMI.
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1649
    Wow, very nice!

Again and again, it's such a shame if you're looking at what they did in the Special Edition of SOMI. I really don't understand how you can dare coming up with such poor semiprofessional graphics as it has been shown on some screens. A Special Edition of one of the best adventures of all times would have deserved some art of this quality instead, really that's just sad.
  • edited June 2009
    I think the actor who plays Charlie in Lost would be a great Guybrush.

Le Chuck should be the guy who plays the dwarf in Lord of the Rings.

Elaine should be Scarlett Johansonn.

Bruce Campbell or Jim Carrey as Stan. Yes!

Mark Hamill as Murray.

The actress who played Uhura in Star Trek as Carla the sword master.

Ron Gilbert as Mancomb Seepgood!
  • edited June 2009
    It would be awesome CGI and 3D in theaters if it looked like this
    large_image.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    :eek:...Pleasant dreams, kids!

And it suddenly makes me wonder how Monkey Island would look with the Tim Burton treatment.

Personally, I can't stop thinking that if Hugh Laurie were about twenty-five years younger, he could be a perfect Guybrush.
  • edited June 2009
    Jude Law often puts me in mind of a young hugh laurie. Dunno why. He's only about 15 years younger, though.

But you still get some of his old TV shows late at night. If not 'Blackadder' (in which he played made a cameo in the second series and played major supporting roles in the 3rd and 4th series, christmas special and TV movie), which is on frequently, then 'Jeeves & Wooster' or occasionally 'A Bit of Fry & Laurie'.

I can't see him as a good guybrush at all, at any age.

[EDIT] is there a way to search the IMDb for actors of certain ages?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.