What monkey island game has TMI inspired you to replay?

The mention of the fifth game has inspired me to play Monkey island 2 or 1 . Has it inspired you certainly to play a monkey island game or not?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Aye. All of them are on my to play list again.
  • edited June 2009
    Damn I should have allowed multiple votes .
  • edited June 2009
    As I very recently played through CoMI and EoMI (well, didn't bother to play past the monkey-combat again=P ), I have planned to play through LeChucks Revenge again. I haven't voted tho, as I haven't really gotten going yet, as I've been busy with other games=P
  • edited June 2009
    I am currently replaying Secret of Monkey Island myself. Before July 7th, I plan to replay the rest of the series. I have not touched Escape from Monkey Island since 2000, but for the sake of completion, I will give it a shot. Although, I am not looking forward to Monkey Kombat.
  • edited June 2009
    2&3.
    It also inspired me to whip out the CMI hintbook and actually read it (since i only bought it as a collector, didn't really need it, so I've never read it)
  • edited June 2009
    All of them. Just finished Secret earlier on and done the first part of Revenge. It's been a while since I've played all of them back to back.
  • edited June 2009
    Didn't vote, as I replayed all of them during this week.

Even started with the MI 1 demo with the magic phrase puzzle.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm 'replaying' the first one... well, by that I mean - I have a guy I know on MSN, and he's never played it before. So I'm watching him play it for the first time, using some program to stream it to my computer here.
    It's awesome seeing someone play it for the first time again :D
  • edited June 2009
    Why hasnt anyone created a trainer program to skip monkey combat?
  • edited June 2009
    CMI and EMI. I don't recall loving EMI, but it's the only one I've only played through once so... more puzzly goodness to waste my time with.
  • edited June 2009
    Gee i think im gonna play all of em! I dont really know i so want the special edition that lucas arts is releasing. Don't know about u guys but i hope they include in the special edition MI2. The game 2 was so awesome!
  • edited June 2009
    SMI, but will wait for the SE.
  • edited June 2009
    Currently replaying COMI. Will be replaying SMI anyway when the SE comes out.
  • edited June 2009
    if i was to play one now it would be monkey 3. if i were to play one in next 4 months it would be the special edition of secret of monkey island
  • edited June 2009
    LeChuck's Revenge has been my first thought; Curse followed soon (I'm surprised at how little I remembered it)... I think that in a month I will have replayed them all. Patience is a sharp razor to swallow, indeed.
  • edited June 2009
    None at the moment, because I'm replaying Grim Fandango. But I'll probably replay all four in early July. I pretty much remember every puzzle there is in Monkey games, so it shouldn't take longer than week to replay the entire series.
  • edited June 2009
    Since Escapse is the only one i have played, i guess i will be replaying that
  • edited June 2009
    Playing number two now. I'll wait for the special edition of MI1 and "replay" that one then.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2009
    TMI has actually inspired me to play Escape from Monkey Island for the first time (but even though I don't really know anything about it, after reading post after post on this forum, I'm not looking forward to Monkey Kombat).
  • edited June 2009
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    TMI has actually inspired me to play Escape from Monkey Island for the first time (but even though I don't really know anything about it, after reading post after post on this forum, I'm not looking forward to Monkey Kombat).
    :)Monkey kombat is painful. The game is a good past time though if you love the series and can over look its game play differences. The 3d is not great by any means, but I find the game still enjoyable all visually, by story, by voice acting, and the humor as well.

Hope you enjoy it, its not as bad as some people would have you believe ..unless you're the type that is going to hat it no matter what .
  • edited June 2009
    Interesting that there isn't an option for all. I was going to just go back and play EMI, but I decided to play them all over again. I'm taking my time and trying to soak up as much of the games as I can. I finished Secret of Monkey Island yesterday and just a few minutes ago I finished LeChuck's Revenge. In a short while here I'll be starting up Curse of Monkey Island. :)
  • edited June 2009
    btw I just finished part I of SoMI.
  • edited June 2009
    Interesting that there isn't an option for all. I was going to just go back and play EMI, but I decided to play them all over again. I'm taking my time and trying to soak up as much of the games as I can. I finished Secret of Monkey Island yesterday and just a few minutes ago I finished LeChuck's Revenge. In a short while here I'll be starting up Curse of Monkey Island. :)

I can be a drifter hoppy, I forgot to add a multiple vote, or all option. :cool:
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    :)Monkey kombat is painful. The game is a good past time though if you love the series and can over look its game play differences. The 3d is not great by any means, but I find the game still enjoyable all visually, by story, by voice acting, and the humor as well.

Hope you enjoy it, its not as bad as some people would have you believe ..unless you're the type that is going to hate it no matter what .
    I'm actually so willing to enjoy it that it doesn't matter (too much) to me how terrible the French dubbed version (the only one I have) is!
  • edited June 2009
    I have replayed Curse of Monkey Island, and am part way through LeChucks Revenge.
    I don't want to play the first one until the Special Edition is out, so as to try and make it as hard as I can by leaving as big a gap as I can between completing it so the puzzles won't be too easy for me
  • edited June 2009
    I am also going to ditto all of them. Actually last night I started rummaging though all my old stuff to look for the boxes. I still have my Grim Fandango box and the Dig box... wow.. I am feeling nostalgic!! I sure hope this is a wakeup call to Lucasarts, and hopefully Taletale can continue the experience with NEW stories. Hey, a kid can dream can't he?
  • edited June 2009
    I've noticed in most polls and thread that undoubtedly Mi-2 and 3 seem to be in close competition as the best game in the series .
  • edited June 2009
    Its made me want to go through all 4 games again which I will be doing at the end of this month properly the week before TOMI comes out.
  • edited June 2009
    I have twin girls and a boy (10,10, and 6) We are playing through them all together... I am giving them little hints when they get stuck.
  • edited June 2009
    Escape, only because it's the only one I never finished. Odds are I still won't though, the controls are driving me insane already.
  • edited June 2009
    finished MI1 earlier today. won't do MI2 until after my physics exam.
  • edited June 2009
    For me it's MI2. Finally Guybrush got a bushy brush at his chin. I like that style he had in MI2, especially the coat and boots. But I didn't play much lately.
  • edited June 2009
    one and two
  • edited June 2009
    I'm going to replay all the four games until the italian release of Tales of Monkey Island (i hope that it will be of course!!!)... My heart is full of Monkey Island after the notice of TOMI !!! Monkey Island's spirit reborn in me after years!!! Thank you very much Telltale Games !!!
  • edited June 2009
    I truly believe that 2-3 are the best of the franchise to people over all. Right in the middle
  • edited June 2009
    So i will play first MI3 & MI4 ... than Tales of MI
    and than Monkey Island 1 SE & Monkey Island 2 ;-)
  • edited June 2009
    I'm replaying Curse, my favorite of the series. Even after all of these years, the animation holds up very well. Then I'll go play the "Updated" (VGA) version of MI 1.
  • edited June 2009
    I've started to play MI2 recently.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm actually replaying EMI, since I haven't played that game since it came out.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm gonna go replay the first three soon-ish; I never bought the fourth game and probably never will... :)

np: It's A Musical - In Case Of Harmony (Not Given Lightly (Disc 2))
Sign in to comment in this discussion.