What monkey island game has TMI inspired you to replay?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    You're not even going to try MI-4 ? Think of the story elements that you will miss out on. Some of them are wack, but there are also good bits . Over all the game seems to fair out as ok , even if you don't love it. IT has some really good character bits too, I think everyone could agree that the Ottis, and Karla parts were alot of fun .
  • edited June 2009
    I have just replayed SMI, MI2 and CMI. And I will play EMI too. Like when I bought Sam&Max Season 2, I replayed Hit the Road and Season 1.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm replaying 2 (Aren't you Guybrush Threepwood? No, sir. My name's Tom Smith. Smith, Eh? That's an unusual name...) and then i'll move on to curse and probably play 4 again until i get to monkey combat and stop.

I'd like to play 1, but the CD version has no music to it.

I've been instructed elsewhere on the internet to use ScummVM (duh) and to use a music program to rip the songs off the disk and put them in the MI1 folder used to play the game, and i've done all that but there's still no sound. I suspect it's a problem with the myriad of options in scummVM. i just don't know whether to pick windows midi, roland, adlib, mixed-midi, what bitrate, etc... there's a bunch in there that would take a looong time to go through all the options one by one to figure it out.
  • edited June 2009
    Duate wrote: »
    I'm replaying 2 (Aren't you Guybrush Threepwood? No, sir. My name's Tom Smith. Smith, Eh? That's an unusual name...) and then i'll move on to curse and probably play 4 again until i get to monkey combat and stop.

I'd like to play 1, but the CD version has no music to it.

I've been instructed elsewhere on the internet to use ScummVM (duh) and to use a music program to rip the songs off the disk and put them in the MI1 folder used to play the game, and i've done all that but there's still no sound. I suspect it's a problem with the myriad of options in scummVM. i just don't know whether to pick windows midi, roland, adlib, mixed-midi, what bitrate, etc... there's a bunch in there that would take a looong time to go through all the options one by one to figure it out.

I had similar problem with Monkey 2, the music doesn't sound if I run CD under Windows, but I have used DOS emulator called DOSBox and it works perfectly, like it did back in the old DOS days. I love DOSBox because all old DOS games work with it, besides adventure games I have used it to replay my old gold box AD&D games.
  • edited June 2009
    I had similar problem with Monkey 2, the music doesn't sound if I run CD under Windows, but I have used DOS emulator called DOSBox and it works perfectly, like it did back in the old DOS days. I love DOSBox because all old games DOS games work under it, besides adventure games I have used it to replay my old gold box AD&D games.
    hmmm maybe DOSbox will fix my MI1 problem too
  • edited June 2009
    ahahah a MI2 joke i JUST GOT. JUST NOW.

guybrush talking to the pirates on the scabb island beach: well, see you old salty dogs later
    one of the pirates: that reminds me, do we have any weenies left?

hahahah
  • edited June 2009
    Duate wrote: »
    hmmm maybe DOSbox will fix my MI1 problem too

It should, because it can emulate most old sound cards. Let me know if you still have problem, either with the game or DOSBox and I'll try to figure out something.
  • edited June 2009
    How many more days are there left until the release of this game?
  • edited June 2009
    Haha, as weird as this sounds, I was actually replaying all four before ToMI was even announced...I think I had beaten 1 and 3 before the announcement and EMI after the announcement. Still haven't gotten to 2 yet...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.